Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

Love love love love this brush. It's gentle and works just like I need it to for drying my hair straight. I'm on my second one--the first one lasted for years. Get this-you won't be sorry!

I have had my paddle brush for about 4/5 years and I love it.
You can really be rough and will never scratch your head.
I think it is supposed to massage your head and it does feel really nice.
It was a great xmas pressie and now would never be without it.

Very good brush. I never would have thought I would spend $50 on a brush and I put off getting it but this is definately worth the money. It really makes my hair shiny and smooth and blowdrying hair is great! So much easier. I feel it keeps my hair in much better condition by not pulling on it too much but really does get the tangles out. yay

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have had this brush for 8 years. I bought another 2 years back. I have thick,wavy hair. It massages my scalp and detangles fast. It works great with blow outs. I never travel without it.Update: My whole family uses this brush. I bought a new one for me. My daughter, son and husband kept borrowing mine. Now they hae their own. Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on recommendation from my hair dresser. She also taught me how to blow dry with it using this special technique. Now I do not live by my straightener and like the blow dried look. I like it. So far so great!

I really don't see the difference between this paddle brush and my Denman, other than maybe the handle is easier to hold?

I have an earlier version of the Avead Paddle brush: the one with the curved wooden handle and the wooden bristles. I love it. Right up there in the Mason Pearson quality territory. A must!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on my 3rd Aveda paddle brush in 20 years. The first ones were made of plastic, and the handle broke off.

The only thing I can complain about is that it is peeling, which does annoy me a lot. However, it is fabulous at helping to straighten my fine and curly hair. My husband loves this brush too so I always know to check out his sink area when it's missing.

This brush was originally designed for scalp treatments and detangling, according to the Aveda website.

This is my favorite brush. I bought a second one today since my daughter "stole" my original and I can never find it when I need it. My sole complaint is the chipping of the paint on the wooden handle part. I mentioned this to the Aveda sales person and she said that many people expressed the same views. Knowing this, I wish the Aveda product designer takes heed and redesigns or uses a chip proof stain.......

I purchased the Aveda paddle brush a few months ago based on the reviews here. It is "designed for scalp treatments and detangling [featuring] extended bristles that stimulate and massage the scalp." It is made from Chinese honey wood with a black cushioned base. The bristles are all black and rounded on the end, but they have not been dipped to produce the large colored balls on the tips that you see on typical brushes. Therefore, this brush may not be suitable for you if your scalp is delicate or very sensitive. It took me a couple of days to become accustomed to the feeling, and I now think it's great. It's stimulating and soothing at the same time. The enclosed pamphlet explains that the brush is designed to reduce stress to hair and scalp during blow-drying and styling. It feels light in my hand, and it glides through my long, fine hair without snagging. It comes in a plastic reusable clamshell that you may want to keep for storage. My only complaint is that some of the wood stain has chipped off my brush already, even though I return it to the plastic clamshell after use. I have recently purchased a second one for travel. Hopefully, this one won't chip.

$15 at Aveda salons and lifestyle stores. continued >>