November 20, 2014 | 1896 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by lisafaustina

Below are the reasons why I would not buy this product again:
1. It makes my face look flaky. I have combination skin, and this makes even my T-zone flaky.
2. It kind of accentuates my acne. When I use my Clinique liquid foundation it does a nice job of covering it and making my face look even. However this foundation kinda made it look more visible somehow like a lot of powder foundation does to my skin..
3. The brush - it's horrible and irritates my skin. The bristles are too coarse. It doesn't allow the powder to be evenly applied onto the skin.
4. The limited shades - I have pale skin with pink undertones and there is not a single shade that is suitable for my skintone. Also the shades are all too dark and orange, and I'm not even that pale...
5. The price - it's too expensive
6. It says it's a mineral foundation, but we all know that it doesn't mean there isn't a single harmful chemical...

I think this foundation would be great for people who do not have acne-prone or sensitive skin, and generally more for people who have dark skin. On the brightside it does have a very creamy texture for a powder foundation and gives pretty good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mineral powder. The coverage is very natural - it let's my freckles show through while evening out my skin tone really well.

Application is a bit difficult when the product's new as it's quite hard to stop the brush picking up too much product. As you use more, the less that is a problem. I generally apply it with a Body Shop circular foundation brush instead and it goes on like a dream. You need to work it in circular motions and I find it really stays on well.

I have skin that can breakout from using liquid foundations so this really works well for me when I need to give my skin a couple of days rest from liquid foundation in the winter. Perfect for weekends when I don't need full makeup for work. In the summer, I use it everyday. It does a pretty good job of keeping my oily T-zone in check. Using a primer can help with and areas where it might sink into fine lines. I tend to use a primer just under the eyes and on any dry patches on my cheeks.

The colour choice is great for my yellow toned skin.

Overall, it's a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by KaziaV

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although not all the ingredients are natural, this gives the best coverage and loveliest healthy looking finish of all the mineral make ups I’ve tried (including Inika, The Body Shop, Lily Lolo, Revlon).
It must be applied correctly though, otherwise it will cake. I find it best to let my moisturiser soak in well first. Then I apply a very light dusting of L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder as a base before applying the Mineral Foundation. I find that this prevents any caking. Then I use a good quality Kabuki to apply the mineral foundation all over my face. I then go over any problem areas/blemishes with a smaller kabuki or the one provided with the product.
This stays in place all day without touch ups and it never oxidizes. I don't usually need concealer with this either.
Good range of shades. I use C2.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by susy1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best mineral makeup i have tried so far. light to medium coverage. doesnt look like your wearing any makeup but evens out skin tone. brush isnt horrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I would have never purchased this myself, but it was included in a $10 deal our local Walgreens had going on and was purchased for me by my sweet mother. I pretty well knew that all of the products included in the bundle would be fails, but mother was so convinced of the deal, I went along.
First off: the whole True Match "technology" pitch is a crock. Even if it were possible (which it isn't), the point of foundation/concealer/powder is to even out (cover) imperfections-if this pseudo "technology" were able to match itself to your skintone, wouldn't it mimic those dark spots (and rough spots too, as it claims to precisely match texture)? Aside from that, my face is on the drier side (especially around the nose and cheeks). I *knew* this would be dry and cakey city-and it was. I typically apply little powder under my eyes to set my concealer and this looked horrible there, too. So bad in fact, that when I looked up in the rearview mirror at my complexion in broad daylight, I backed right up my driveway, went in, washed my face and started completely over. Big. Huge. Fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by hair2nails

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As for the over all rating, this product gives me great coverage. The color matches my skin almost to a T. I have to say, this does give your skin a dry looking effect. I hate the way it looks when I put it on my nose, it makes it looks so dry if you get up close. It is really great for on the go, if I ever am in the car running late or something I just put this stuff on and WALA! I think it retails for 12 dollars and sometimes 11. The packaging I gave a 2 because the product spills out from the tiny sprinkle holes and when you open it, it either spills or you have mounds of product in and it waste a lot of it. If you have discoloring around your eyes I really recommend this product. Over all I will give this product a 4 star.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I THINK this is breaking me out. I will report back later to let you know for sure. I am recovering right now from another L'Oreal product (Go 360 face wash) so as soon as my face clears up I'll try this out again to see if it does (my poor face!). Anyway I kept hearing raves about this from some of my favorite Youtube gurus so I thought I'd give it a whirl even though I still have plenty of the mineral Revlon foundation left. The packaging is about as stupid as the Revlon mineral foundation but this one is ever so SLIGHTLY better in that the brush is actually on the outside of the sifter and it is better quality (but not by much). I didn't bother with it though, I depotted it straightaway and put into a real sifter that I bought from Sephora. I really don't get why drugstore brands feel the need to make silly packaging with extras like brushes when they can just make a regular sifter and include no brush. Honestly, when has the brush that comes with the packaging ever been useful? I think it's so they can feel justified when charging a few dollars more. So a $10 product becomes a $12-$14 product just because they added a brush. Really, L'Oreal? Who do u think you're playing?

Lol... ANYWAY... I've only used this a few times so I can't do a full review yet, but I'll give my first impressions.

Pros:
*unscented (I don't smell anything unlike the Revlon one)
*SPF factor
*nice color selection
*generous amount
*blends well
*light/medium coverage

Cons:
*inconvienient packaging
*pricey for drugstore
*possibly causes acne

To me the Revlon version provided more coverage and blended better. The first couple of times I used this I noticed strange, small pimples creep up on my cheeks. I don't know if it came from this product, but I stopped using and will try again to be sure.

Edit: Recently I tried this again and noticed breakouts. Unfortunately I can't use this product. I was starting to like the way it looked, but after a few days I noticed pimples. ;o( Can't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by NatMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin has never been very clear but it hasn't been too bad either. I've been using foundation since I was about 14 (so that's about six years now) and this past summer I decided to stop since I was starting to realize that having a layer of oily foundation covering my face all day every day wasn't the best for my skin.
My face cleared up nicely (I was pleasantly surprised). But going back to school in September I started getting breakouts. Reluctant to start wearing foundation again I decided to go for powder. I've used L'Oreal foundation and powder products before so I was confident in picking its True Match Minerals.

First, the good part. I like how well it blends with my skin tone and the velvety coverage. Aaaand that's about it.

The bad: The shaking out the powder part and getting it on the brush is slightly annoying. It goes on in clumps and you have to use the brush quite a bit to spread it around.
It made my face itch throughout the day, mostly on the side of my cheeks. I don't know if its the powder itself or the brush but it was slightly annoying and I tried my best not to touch my face.

The very bad: It made me break out so bad! I started using other two new products two weeks ago (toner and moisturizer) so they might be a factor, but I have been using True Match for about 5 days and my face hasn't EVER been this bad. Even in the six years I've been using L'Oreal's foundation! My forehead and the sides of my chin are like mountain ranges! It's slightly frightening because I have never had this happen.

Needless to say, I will stop using this product immediately and hope that my face will clear up soon.
I am really disappointed that it didn't work out and that I spent the money on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Shikyla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pretty good stuff excellent for combo / sensitive skin types! Large color selection too! blends easily looks great covers well and lasts a fair while too! I buy this during the summer, especially good for "on the go" women who need coverage fast! Only thing I don't like is the packaging is a joke, and the brush is the roughest junk to swirl on your face :( Also you run out of product really quickly compared to other mineral foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by cerisse7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

So as I lately have VERY sensitive skin and I'm kinda allergic to some chemicals (since i got perioral dermatitis), I gave a try for mineral make-up.
First I bought Max Factor's Natural Minerals Foundation-oh no.
Got a break out,cuz didn't notice it has isopropyl mystrate in it.

Then I decided to try this one.My shade is Golden Ivory.Perfect! Actually I've been using only liquids for the past years, that's why I hadn't no clue how to apply this powder.When I did it, it looked very cakey, just like a mask. And so all the time.Very unnatural look.

Then I searched the web and found this-

+ I disaggree to those who say that the brush is not good .My skin is very irritated actually and it does still hurt a lil bit if i touch it or so, but do the applying very gently like the guy in the video;D And don't take a big ammount of the powder.

I have wrinkles, little scars, redness around the mouth&nose and dry,irritated skin. Scarry,huh? It's so for about 3 mounths now..
So before appyling the powder I wash, clean and moisturize my face, then I take a small brush and take a lil bit of the powder and cover my problem zones. (When I cover the wrinkles I smear it also with my fingers)
Then I apply it on all my face just like in the video. And it doesn't look like a mask anymore! It covers pretty good, although I thought I'd never find smth that could to this to my face.

I'm verry happy that now I have found something that I can use and I recommend this even if you have sensitive skin;) Just check out the ingredients for safety!