April 18, 2014 | 1963 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 5:34:00 AM More reviews by harleed

doesn't rub in! leaves white flakes all over the skin, and all over your clothes aswell. It also caused the skin on my nose to turn dry and flakey. ew!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by dorkynerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this becuase of the high SPF, however this is so thick and greasy feeling I felt dirty! I am taking this back tommorrow. It does have a good smell to it...but just feels like crisco on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Glamour_Princess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for the high PPD, but it is completely unwearable. It has the consistency of Elmer's Glue, and leaves an overall white cast with very noticeable individual white streaks. I can only imagine the clogging potential this has, but I'm not going to risk any breakouts now that I finally have my acne under control. This goes back today!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by lanemrgn

Overall: Very happy with this product. Apply after my moisturizer and prior to foundation, this sunblock is quickly absorbed by my skin and remains matte. Use all year round.

Packaging: Big fan of the packaging - Travels well, lid stays on, not messy. Plus the 3.0oz tube is carry-on friendly which means I don't have to check baggage at the airports.

Price: approx $9 for 3oz. bottle

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

All I can say about this product is that I'm lucky I didn't have to buy it because my aunt gave me her unfinished tube. If not, I would have been wasting my money. I tried it as it was recommanded by my dermatologist. It was just like all the sunblocks I've tried- oily and sticky. The SPF 70 is much worse than the SPF 30 one, which I liked better. I then used it to apply on my neck since I couldn't use it on my face. It actually made rashes appear on my neck. So basically, I'm now stucked with a product that's too oily and sticky for my face, and creates rashes on my neck. Won't purchase. I might use the rest of the tube on my body, I feel its more of a body sunblock due to the thickness of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by cocoli1123

I'm surprised by the number of negative reviews of this product. I generally use La Roche Posay brand, but because it's hard to get in the U.S., I bought Neutrogena for my backpacking trip overseas.

The good part of this product: it really works! I spent a lot of time on the beaches and never got any sunburns. It's not greasy and goes well under makeup. It has a broader spectrum coverage most other sunscreens available in the U.S., which is important in preventing wrinkles as well as preventing sunburns.

The only gripe I have with this product is that the cream separates after a few months....so had to throw the bottle out and buy a new one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by MissHippo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I looked like I had a white mask on when I used this suncreen. I thought that it was thick, hard to blend, gave my face a greasy mask feeling, highlighted the dry patched on my skin, and I suspect that it might have caused my to breakout along my cheek area.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was disappointed by this sunscreen. I went to the beach, and the sun was beating down. I thought this sunscreen would be great, considering it is a whopping SPF 70! I am very pale and burn very easily, so I need something reliable. This wasn't. I burned pretty badly! It seemed as if I was wearing SPF 15. I applied the sunscreen 30 mins before I went to the beach like the bottle said to. The bottle also says this product is waterproof....not true. I will continue to look for a better sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Isabella05

I would never use this on my face, because it's too thick for that. However, this is a much better sunscreen than the "Age Shield SPF 45" for other uses. Its somewhat thicker than the lower SPF Ultra Sheers, but about what I'd expect for an SPF 70. I prefer the lighter feel of the lower SPF versions, but any added sun protection benefit (if there is any) from the SPF 70 is a positive. I was surprised that this sunscreen is lightly scented. I usually dislike scented products, but this sunscreen is pleasantly and lightly scented.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by OnlyKC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

JUST SAY NO!!!

This product is absolutely awful in ALL ways! The product is so irritating that I cannot get it anywhere on my face without my eyes watering. It does NOT blend at all, so you end up with a stubborn white cast all over your face. I only had it on my face for 2 hours, and in that time I developed 2 giants cystic pimples! When I tried it on my body, it flaked off everywhere and left giant clumps all over my clothing. I am somehow disappointed in all Neutrogena products, but this one is without a doubt the worst of them all. I would not recommend it to anybody nor will I ever repurchase. This cannot be thrown in the trash fast enough.