November 25, 2014 | 1782 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first got this brush....it really did shed like crazy!

I was so sad and upset at first...to see all the freaking hairs coming out onto my hands and in my sink! C'mon this is an expensive brush...right! I was very shocked....to say the least!

Though, it did not bleed whatsoever! Yay for that mark!

But after a good forceful washing..... it now has minimal shedding. Only a couple per wash and a hair here or here on my face every now and then. Yay!

But, also remember...this is what happens at first with natural hair brushes. My 109 sheds almost every time I use it for liquid foundation. So, the shedding is not out of the norm.

I am confident that it will stop 100% soon......as it is a MAC.....right! We will see....and I will be back with an update in a month or so.

Also, the bristles are NOT THE SOFTEST that they should be!....that is for sure. But hey, this is not made with sable, pony or synthetic hair(like EDM and ELF Studio)....as those are very soft. this is made out of goat hair folks..... so ya get me?! lol!

Yet, it is "NOT" rough at all.....Just a firm feel with a prickle here or there.(like the 239 and 217 prickliness)

It picks up my MAC Sheertone blush softly and can be built up.

This also lays down a soft and even layer of finishing powder of any kind.

Or it can apply any mineral powder and my Mac Studio Fix Powder softly and you can achieve a light to medium coverage.

To sum it up....Yes, I do recommend this brush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

It feels too rough on my skin and after a few washes it started shedding. The only thing i like is the way it applies blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I love this blush brush! I wanted to get the 116 but figured something a little bigger would work with my face. It deposits enough color onto my cheeks- I wouldn't use this if you want more of a wash of color, since the way it's shaped will concentrate the color, so if you're like me and like more of a stronger blush, this is wonderful. Of course you can play iwth it to make color go on lighter. It's soft without being too soft, and I don't have to work too hard to get the blush on me...I almost kinda tap it on. Not to mention I feel luxurious using it...someone else also said that! I was kinda uncertain since the brush was so expensive, but I'm glad I went for it! I love MAC brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I fell in love with this brush when one of the M.A.C. reps used it to apply powder on me. At that time, they were sold out so I had to wait a bit before I got it. I only use this brush for blush so far because I find it works amazing when I apply my highly pigmented blushes like NARS Exhibit A, Desire, or Taj Mahal. You definitely NEED the right blush brush for those kind of blushes and the 129 is it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like the comment below i am really shocked at the negative reviews. Yah i agree its not the softest brush that Mac has made, but its nowhere near as rough as people are describing it. Its great for powder blush, and i love it to apply and blend out my cream blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

def. my go 2 blush brush, it packs on the right amount & my blush/bronzer looks great when i apply it w/MAC 129 brush (i can see a diff. when i use another brush) mine wasnt hard or scratchy when i bought it (i did clean it b4 i used it for the 1st time) & it doesnt shed, which is a big plus for me. i love my 129 brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe there are so many negative reviews about this. I thought this brush wasn't scratchy or hard at all. I've used some way softer brushes before but never worked as good as this one. You can use a light or heavy hand with this brush to adjust the intensity of your blush. And I don't find it too big for putting on blush, just depends on how you use it. I wouldn't use this as a powder brush since IMO it doesn't work well with buffing. Definitely a keeper in my stash!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I really want this brush to work since I'm a BLUSH person but it sheds like crazy. This brush is not soft, it's scratchy on my sensitive skin. I also have the shorter version for travel/makeup bag and this one doesn't shed that much. I agree with other reviewers this brush picks up colors heavily, but I have to work hard to blend out the colors on my cheeks. I'm still looking for the perfect blush brush but currently liking my short handle Posh brush(5 piece mini set). It's inexpensive, soft, no shedding, and like that it's not dense since I like building and blending in my blush color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by TEERIBS

(First off, I agree wholeheartedly with Macupaholic--the famed 109 is a much more precise BLUSH brush then it is a foundation brush in my opinion.)

With that said, the 129 here is a decent blush brush, especially when applying light, soft-colored blushes. I find that with darker blushes however, like MAC's LOVE THING for example, you have to be incredibly careful because this brush does pack it on heavily, even if you only pick up a small amount of product, making you look like you have a bad case of rosacea. (*Which I understand some might like....just not a look for the masses.)

It's pretty large so it covers a large surface area which can be nice, but it makes it difficult for PRECISE blush application.

It also isn't the softest brush I've ever used.

But in the end a good sturdy blush brush nonetheless.

Would I buy it again? PROBABLY NOT.

Am I glad I bought it? PRETTY MUCH.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by justavietgyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only ever use this brush for sheer, light blushes such as Dame and Pinch O' Peach. When it comes to darker blushes, I would never use this. I prefer the 116 brush as it is more precise. However, I love both and would recommend either or. I would repurchase.