April 18, 2014 | 1903 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I fell in love with this brush when one of the M.A.C. reps used it to apply powder on me. At that time, they were sold out so I had to wait a bit before I got it. I only use this brush for blush so far because I find it works amazing when I apply my highly pigmented blushes like NARS Exhibit A, Desire, or Taj Mahal. You definitely NEED the right blush brush for those kind of blushes and the 129 is it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like the comment below i am really shocked at the negative reviews. Yah i agree its not the softest brush that Mac has made, but its nowhere near as rough as people are describing it. Its great for powder blush, and i love it to apply and blend out my cream blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

def. my go 2 blush brush, it packs on the right amount & my blush/bronzer looks great when i apply it w/MAC 129 brush (i can see a diff. when i use another brush) mine wasnt hard or scratchy when i bought it (i did clean it b4 i used it for the 1st time) & it doesnt shed, which is a big plus for me. i love my 129 brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe there are so many negative reviews about this. I thought this brush wasn't scratchy or hard at all. I've used some way softer brushes before but never worked as good as this one. You can use a light or heavy hand with this brush to adjust the intensity of your blush. And I don't find it too big for putting on blush, just depends on how you use it. I wouldn't use this as a powder brush since IMO it doesn't work well with buffing. Definitely a keeper in my stash!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I really want this brush to work since I'm a BLUSH person but it sheds like crazy. This brush is not soft, it's scratchy on my sensitive skin. I also have the shorter version for travel/makeup bag and this one doesn't shed that much. I agree with other reviewers this brush picks up colors heavily, but I have to work hard to blend out the colors on my cheeks. I'm still looking for the perfect blush brush but currently liking my short handle Posh brush(5 piece mini set). It's inexpensive, soft, no shedding, and like that it's not dense since I like building and blending in my blush color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by TEERIBS

(First off, I agree wholeheartedly with Macupaholic--the famed 109 is a much more precise BLUSH brush then it is a foundation brush in my opinion.)

With that said, the 129 here is a decent blush brush, especially when applying light, soft-colored blushes. I find that with darker blushes however, like MAC's LOVE THING for example, you have to be incredibly careful because this brush does pack it on heavily, even if you only pick up a small amount of product, making you look like you have a bad case of rosacea. (*Which I understand some might like....just not a look for the masses.)

It's pretty large so it covers a large surface area which can be nice, but it makes it difficult for PRECISE blush application.

It also isn't the softest brush I've ever used.

But in the end a good sturdy blush brush nonetheless.

Would I buy it again? PROBABLY NOT.

Am I glad I bought it? PRETTY MUCH.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by justavietgyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only ever use this brush for sheer, light blushes such as Dame and Pinch O' Peach. When it comes to darker blushes, I would never use this. I prefer the 116 brush as it is more precise. However, I love both and would recommend either or. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Macupaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush. Why a low rating? Because I don't use it as much as it deserves to be used.

I much prefer to use my 109 over this brush. I don't believe just because my 109 isn't a blush/powder brush that it can't be used for it!

The 129 does have great qualities. It's soft, big, fluffy, and easy to use for a flawless, even finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by malika

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing foundation blush and gives flawless coverage with studio fix powder. It is so soft and fluffy and it really makes a difference in application. Only problem, it sheds A LOT. Still my HG for brushes!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really happy with this brush I got it to highlight/blush/contour its great for blush I like iike it better then a smaller brush like the 109 or 116 because I can control the amount of coulor I pick up better and smaller brushes concentrate the coulor to much for me I also love this for a msf highlight and its also amazing just for the cheeks thought I find it to big for the eyebrow part I use the 188 for that and my nose for contour I don't like the brush its to big for me right now I use the 188 but am going to look into the 109 I think that will work well all in all though I am happy with this brush its not a contour brush so I'm not that disapointed that it doesn't work like one