April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by EUSHANNASIA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A friend who used to work at a department store cosmetic counter recommended this to me. I am always on the lookout for incredible products that don't necessarily always have the exorbitant price tag and/or manage to slip under the radar, so I decided to give it a try. I WILL NOT GO BACK TO ANY OTHER BLACK PENCIL LINER! Not even MAC or Bobbi Brown. This liner trumps them all. Unbelievable staying power. Doesn't smudge or fade away. Extremely versatile--can be used to create a sharp, creamy bold line or to emphasize the lower lids with a thin, defined line. No need to set it with shadow--it does the job all on its own. Sure, sometimes it pulls a tad, but the key is to apply it with a little bit of patience. It does sharpen itself, after all, and the texture is what keeps it perfectly applied. The texture is really nice--not too creamy, but not too dry, either. I will definitely repurchase. There is no comparison to this as a perfect, basic black eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A bit too richly black for me. Stays, even through multiple washings. Useful if I am out for 10 hours. I'll repurchase in a lighter shade.

UPDATE: I've decided I love this when I need eyeliner to really, really stay. I have to remove with baby oil (and let the oil soak for a while) but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by mishycakes

stays on for FOREVER && A DAY. i rotate this eye liner with my maybelline & loreal HiP eyeliners. love LOVE love THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product because it's the only thing that will stay on my waterline. (I tried lots of different products!) It stays so well that it can be a bit tricky to get off, so I only wear this on special occasions when I really want my makeup to look great for hours. But this is my HG and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Gothoria

my HG, i first started applying this eyeliner when i was at high school, its been 8 years now & im still using it, i got all my sisters & friends into using this eyeliner, and when i was at university all my friends used to ask me wt i was using & how my eyeliner is soo black & long lasting ...
I LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love revlon colorstay products. This is a great eyeliner. I like that you don't have to sharpen it. As others have mentioned, I do feel it tug my skin a little bit when I'm using it. It does not smudge, sometimes, depneding on the weather/humidity, it might smudge a little for me on my bottom lashes. Overall, it's a great eyeliner. It's not my HG (mine is Almay, lasts forever) but it's a great ds eyeliner, and I would definitely buy again when I'm out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Fleet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this free with a mascara or something. I haven't used a pencil liner in a while, sticking to gels and creams for some time. All eyeliner eventually fades and/or smudges on me, since I live in a hot climate and am prone to sweating. Even waterproof eyeliner does this, because waterproof does not equal sweat proof, and usually only means it's harder to wash off at the end of the day rather than ensuring it stays put while you want it to. Also, heat melts all things at some point. Usually I just get a bit of wear around the outer corners of the eyes, so I needed a pencil to take in my purse for touch ups.

I used to use nothing but dark brown liner, but I've recently gotten into blacks again. Now it's important to me that the black be very black. So many "black" liners look grey or bluish, and that's not a flattering color on me. This pencil is both a rich black (though I've seen richer) when compared side by side to four other brands I have. It's on par with my HIP cream liner, which is what I use at home. It has good staying power. I do a test on my hand for eyeliners to see how they hold up. I draw a line on the back of my hand, trying to build the color up to the darkest I can get it. I wait a few minutes for it to dry, then I press my finger over it and swipe. This one drags a bit, leaving a greyish shadow, but mostly stays put. For the price, give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

* COLOUR: True black.
* SMUDGING/FADING: Starts to smudge after 1-3 hours. Colour fades in intensity after around 6 hours.
* EASE OF APPLICATION: Creamy. Doesn't pull or tug much, only sometimes on the top lid.

- - -

* PROS
- True black. Colour only starts to fade halfway through the day.
- Creates sharp, precise lines. If you want sharper lines, you can easily sharpen it.
- Creamy, doesn't pull or tug.
- Doesn't need a sharpener, it's like a crayon and comes in a twisty slide-up style with a sharpener included on the bottom. (Never needed to use it though.)

* CONS
- Some consider this a "cheaper" drugstore brand, but for me $20 AUD isn't cheap.
- Product runs out VERY fast - much much faster than a regular wooden pencil - I think I've only owned this for over a month and it's halfway gone.
- As a pro the lines are quite sharp and precise, but once this sets it is hard to blend - for softer, smokey eyes I'd turn to a kohl liner.
- The plastic packaging is a bitch to get off, ruined my nails. ):
- EDIT: Although it has longer lasting power than most eyeliners, it still refuses to stay put on my waterline. After using it for longer I've noticed that it starts to smudge only 3 hours after application (mostly the bottom). I touched it up, only to find that it has again smudged after 3 hours. Although I didn't use primer or set it with eyeshadow, my face wasn't particularly oily today or anything (all I did was sit at home). Minus 1 lippie. :/
- EDIT: And edit again, after crying my eyes out on the phone with my boyfriend .. I have the raccoon eyes to prove it. Fantastic. This stuff isn't exactly the easiest to get off either.

Unfortunately I have changed my repurchase from yes to no and I have dropped this down to 3 lippies. From other reviews I really thought this eyeliner was going to be 'the one' but I have since found my HG - Prestige Total Intensity. Revlon lasts 3 hours and costs $20 while Prestige lasts 6 hours and costs $15.

- - -
PRICE [4] $20 AUD | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MissCindy1

Ive heard so many reviews about this eyeliner but to be honest my MAC one works alot better and maybe pricer but works better on me.. this one doesnt stay on for very long and when I come home it looks really washed out and grayish instead of black

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by dima93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the best eyeliner ever !! belive me, its 95% close to my mac eyeliner!! try it at ur drugstore on ur hands and wait a bit for it to dry a little, it wont come off!! bye bye mac eyeliner!!