I absolutely love this product because it's the only thing that will stay on my waterline. (I tried lots of different products!) It stays so well that it can be a bit tricky to get off, so I only wear this on special occasions when I really want my makeup to look great for hours. But this is my HG and I will definitely repurchase!
my HG, i first started applying this eyeliner when i was at high school, its been 8 years now & im still using it, i got all my sisters & friends into using this eyeliner, and when i was at university all my friends used to ask me wt i was using & how my eyeliner is soo black & long lasting ...
I LOVE IT
I love revlon colorstay products. This is a great eyeliner. I like that you don't have to sharpen it. As others have mentioned, I do feel it tug my skin a little bit when I'm using it. It does not smudge, sometimes, depneding on the weather/humidity, it might smudge a little for me on my bottom lashes. Overall, it's a great eyeliner. It's not my HG (mine is Almay, lasts forever) but it's a great ds eyeliner, and I would definitely buy again when I'm out.
I got this free with a mascara or something. I haven't used a pencil liner in a while, sticking to gels and creams for some time. All eyeliner eventually fades and/or smudges on me, since I live in a hot climate and am prone to sweating. Even waterproof eyeliner does this, because waterproof does not equal sweat proof, and usually only means it's harder to wash off at the end of the day rather than ensuring it stays put while you want it to. Also, heat melts all things at some point. Usually I just get a bit of wear around the outer corners of the eyes, so I needed a pencil to take in my purse for touch ups.
I used to use nothing but dark brown liner, but I've recently gotten into blacks again. Now it's important to me that the black be very black. So many "black" liners look grey or bluish, and that's not a flattering color on me. This pencil is both a rich black (though I've seen richer) when compared side by side to four other brands I have. It's on par with my HIP cream liner, which is what I use at home. It has good staying power. I do a test on my hand for eyeliners to see how they hold up. I draw a line on the back of my hand, trying to build the color up to the darkest I can get it. I wait a few minutes for it to dry, then I press my finger over it and swipe. This one drags a bit, leaving a greyish shadow, but mostly stays put. For the price, give it a try.
* COLOUR: True black.
* SMUDGING/FADING: Starts to smudge after 1-3 hours. Colour fades in intensity after around 6 hours.
* EASE OF APPLICATION: Creamy. Doesn't pull or tug much, only sometimes on the top lid.
- - -
- True black. Colour only starts to fade halfway through the day.
- Creates sharp, precise lines. If you want sharper lines, you can easily sharpen it.
- Creamy, doesn't pull or tug.
- Doesn't need a sharpener, it's like a crayon and comes in a twisty slide-up style with a sharpener included on the bottom. (Never needed to use it though.)
- Some consider this a "cheaper" drugstore brand, but for me $20 AUD isn't cheap.
- Product runs out VERY fast - much much faster than a regular wooden pencil - I think I've only owned this for over a month and it's halfway gone.
- As a pro the lines are quite sharp and precise, but once this sets it is hard to blend - for softer, smokey eyes I'd turn to a kohl liner.
- The plastic packaging is a bitch to get off, ruined my nails. ):
- EDIT: Although it has longer lasting power than most eyeliners, it still refuses to stay put on my waterline. After using it for longer I've noticed that it starts to smudge only 3 hours after application (mostly the bottom). I touched it up, only to find that it has again smudged after 3 hours. Although I didn't use primer or set it with eyeshadow, my face wasn't particularly oily today or anything (all I did was sit at home). Minus 1 lippie. :/
- EDIT: And edit again, after crying my eyes out on the phone with my boyfriend .. I have the raccoon eyes to prove it. Fantastic. This stuff isn't exactly the easiest to get off either.
Unfortunately I have changed my repurchase from yes to no and I have dropped this down to 3 lippies. From other reviews I really thought this eyeliner was going to be 'the one' but I have since found my HG - Prestige Total Intensity. Revlon lasts 3 hours and costs $20 while Prestige lasts 6 hours and costs $15.
- - -
PRICE  $20 AUD | PACKAGING  | REPURCHASE [no]
Ive heard so many reviews about this eyeliner but to be honest my MAC one works alot better and maybe pricer but works better on me.. this one doesnt stay on for very long and when I come home it looks really washed out and grayish instead of black
this is the best eyeliner ever !! belive me, its 95% close to my mac eyeliner!! try it at ur drugstore on ur hands and wait a bit for it to dry a little, it wont come off!! bye bye mac eyeliner!!
My HG eyeliner! I'm always looking for a good, dark eyeliner that won't melt through the day and leave me looking like a raccoon and I finally found one that's cheap and reliable. I apply it to my waterline (upper and lower) and it stays really well throughout the day. By the end of the day, there's no smudging, but the lower waterline does need to be drawn in because obviously the eyeliner will fade a little after awhile.
This is removed easily with Ponds Cold Cream. I love love love this eyeliner. Never will I ever shell out $18 for a Makeup Forever pencil again! Although that was good, this delivers the same result at a much lower price. I've also tried Sephora's $8 Waterproof Eyeliner and that doesn't come close to Revlon Colorstay. I also love that it's automatically sharpened when you twist it up - it always makes me so sad whenever I have to hand-sharpen my expensive Makeup Forever pencil and it breaks off!
The color is a true black, and perfect for me, an Asian girl with NC20-25 skin, who wants to have the illusion of thicker lashes. However, the formula is a little tacky and does skip slightly over my eyes, which can make a thin, even line difficult. It is also WATERPROOF, however, which is perfect for me.
The price is relatively cheap, but try and buy this during one of Revlon's occasional BOGO frees. I actually got mine at Target, where they were selling it for the usual ~7 dollars, but with a BONUS eyeliner - effectively giving me a BOGO free deal. There's also a built-in pull-out sharpener in the bottom of the pencil, so you can always get a sharp line, even when you're on-the-go.
INGREDIENTS: cyclopentasiloxane, ozokerite, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, phenyl trimethicone, candelilla cera ((euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax) cire de candelilla), tocopherol, sorbic acid, BHT, methylparaben, propylparaben, (mica), (iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)), (titanium dioxide (CI 77891)), (black 2 (CI 77266)), (ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510)), (carmine (CI 77470)), (ultramarines (CI 77007)).
My HG automatic eyeliner. Stays all day and is a very nice true black color. It even works well on the waterline and for tight-lining beneath my upper lashline, and barely even budges when I do those things, which is pretty dang impressive for such moist eye areas. I'm on my third stick and I will repurchase as long as Revlon keeps making it.