Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

3.2

All shades contain: Active Ingredients: 5.0% Octinoxate, 3.2% Titanium Dioxide. Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Dimethicone/Divinyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ribose, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/19/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product because i wanted to try something new .I dont really have alot to say about this product i dont really see it as a foundation as i do an illumanizer ,the product itself i good but i think it is good for people with dull skin and that want a bit of a small tan it is very light coverage .And, i must say that this has never cause me to breakout ever ,sometimes im to lazy coming home from work or college and sleep with it on and never have i broken out.But when i do remove it i find my face looks healthier .Also , this product is very hygenice because of the pump.Overall this product is okay as a foundation but it does give your face a gorgeous glow even my boyfriend knows when im wearing it he says my face looks dewy and just sexy lol ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this foundation looking for medium to full coverage. As my ULTA was missing half of the testers for the product, I thought my safest bet was going for the lightest shade. When I got home, I tried it on. Not only was the formula thin and watery, the color was ORANGE. It looked terrible on me, and, even using a foundation brush, and blending sponge, would not go on smoothly. Even with the very orange color, the foundation did nothing to cover my redness. I expected a lot more for the price. While I love smashbox primer, I'm going to stay away from their foundations from now on. They do not have a good color range for pale girls, and they are not even medium coverage.

on 3/9/2011 8:31:00 PM

I think this is a good foundation in some respects, but it isn't for me. It really is more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. The coverage just isn't there. On the positive side, it was easy to find a color match for my pale, pink-toned skin, and it went on smoothly without looking chalky or otherwise odd. When I saw myself in the mirror a while after applying it, I looked as if I were without makeup -- and not in a good way. I have good skin, clear with no wrinkling, but I need some brightening and smoothing, and this didn't do either. Which leads me to believe this is something a younger woman with really good skin would like...but in this price range, you can do better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This was a disappointment. The shades are very orange and oxidize horribly after wearing it for a few hours. This gives a very dewy finish and feels like it's sliding off my face. I took this back and got Make Up For Ever's HD foundation which I absolutely LOVE! The MUFE and Smashbox HD foundations are nothing alike, so if you don't like this, get the MUFE HD. I don't recommend this one to anyone.

on 3/6/2011 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. I had strayed away from it with some other foundations for a while, but just recently I started using it again and I'm seriously kicking myself for ever thinking another foundation was better. I love this stuff. While it's not as liquidy as I usually like in a foundation, it just looks so smooth and flawless on my face, and as long as I use a primer it lasts all day, even with my oily skin. I feel like this foundation covers my large pores better than any other, and doesn't look dry and cakey like others such as MUFE have done for me. I'm on my second bottle and I'll keep re-buying.

on 2/19/2011 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation. I used this and their primer on my wedding day. Makeup was done at 10 am and last all day! (Wedding ended at Midnight) Applies smoothly, doesn't crease. Only issue is I can get every last bit out due to the pump design. Even though for daily use I have switched to bare minerals...this is my go to foundation for special events.

UPDATE: I now use BB creams, but I still like this foundation.

on 2/16/2011 4:35:00 PM

This is my HG. It doesn't get much love here from the reviews, but for me it is a perfect fit. I will have to say the coverage is not heavy. I would say light to medium. But it wears like a second skin, photographs wonderfully and has been a lifesaver for my acne-prone skin. I have tried other great foundations from Lancome, Estee Lauder, MAC, Guerlain, and many others but keep coming back to this one. It just works with my skin and I do not feel like I am wearing a mask or heavy makeup. Close ups are not a problem with this foundation. It has to be set or else it will wear off. I do believe it is healthy for skin. I never break out from it and my skin doesn't get clogged with it. I give it 5+ stars and hope they do not stop making it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have VERY sensitive skin. I have tried many, many foundations. I would be able to only wear foundation for a few hours and then I could not wait to get home to remove it. I would only dare wear it when I had an event to go to to have flawless skin. I can wear this EVERYDAY for 10 hours at a time. I LOVE it! It does not feel as though you are even wearing anything on your face. The nice thing about this foundation also is that you can build the coverage to your liking. I wear the Fair 1. I will continue to use this foundation. I just hope it never gets discontinued!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i am a pro MUA, i bought this foundation for my personal use in L3... i was very happy cauz first time i got the exact shade for my skin, but later i found that i won't provide or hide any imperfections, i need to layer atleast 3 times.. this is an expensive foundation and i expect more from it...i tested it on my cousin who has a great skin without any acne or scar and it works well for her, but for people likemt skin do'nt buy.
i more positive thing about this foundation that photograph very well.

on 1/30/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a bit up in the air about whether I will repurchase this,. It has a beautiful glow but I found myself reapplying again and again. It's great for dry skin, which I have and it really has a great luminosity. It looks good for a while but after a few hours I need to touch up and the urge is there to totally reapply.

Maybe in winter it would last longer on me. It is quite hot in Melbourne at the moment.

Looks great on - while it lasts!