April 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by boolala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I had strayed away from it with some other foundations for a while, but just recently I started using it again and I'm seriously kicking myself for ever thinking another foundation was better. I love this stuff. While it's not as liquidy as I usually like in a foundation, it just looks so smooth and flawless on my face, and as long as I use a primer it lasts all day, even with my oily skin. I feel like this foundation covers my large pores better than any other, and doesn't look dry and cakey like others such as MUFE have done for me. I'm on my second bottle and I'll keep re-buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I used this and their primer on my wedding day. Makeup was done at 10 am and last all day! (Wedding ended at Midnight) Applies smoothly, doesn't crease. Only issue is I can get every last bit out due to the pump design. Even though for daily use I have switched to bare minerals...this is my go to foundation for special events.

UPDATE: I now use BB creams, but I still like this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

This is my HG. It doesn't get much love here from the reviews, but for me it is a perfect fit. I will have to say the coverage is not heavy. I would say light to medium. But it wears like a second skin, photographs wonderfully and has been a lifesaver for my acne-prone skin. I have tried other great foundations from Lancome, Estee Lauder, MAC, Guerlain, and many others but keep coming back to this one. It just works with my skin and I do not feel like I am wearing a mask or heavy makeup. Close ups are not a problem with this foundation. It has to be set or else it will wear off. I do believe it is healthy for skin. I never break out from it and my skin doesn't get clogged with it. I give it 5+ stars and hope they do not stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by allburnedout

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have VERY sensitive skin. I have tried many, many foundations. I would be able to only wear foundation for a few hours and then I could not wait to get home to remove it. I would only dare wear it when I had an event to go to to have flawless skin. I can wear this EVERYDAY for 10 hours at a time. I LOVE it! It does not feel as though you are even wearing anything on your face. The nice thing about this foundation also is that you can build the coverage to your liking. I wear the Fair 1. I will continue to use this foundation. I just hope it never gets discontinued!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by belluscreations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am a pro MUA, i bought this foundation for my personal use in L3... i was very happy cauz first time i got the exact shade for my skin, but later i found that i won't provide or hide any imperfections, i need to layer atleast 3 times.. this is an expensive foundation and i expect more from it...i tested it on my cousin who has a great skin without any acne or scar and it works well for her, but for people likemt skin do'nt buy.
i more positive thing about this foundation that photograph very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a bit up in the air about whether I will repurchase this,. It has a beautiful glow but I found myself reapplying again and again. It's great for dry skin, which I have and it really has a great luminosity. It looks good for a while but after a few hours I need to touch up and the urge is there to totally reapply.

Maybe in winter it would last longer on me. It is quite hot in Melbourne at the moment.

Looks great on - while it lasts!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

the container is great -- pumps are always welcomed, due to hygiene factors. also, this foundation has great staying power, and i like that it has anti-aging ingredients in it. unfortunately, i will be giving my new bottle away before i know if the anti-aging claims are true for me. this foundation is quite average on my skin (light, oily and acne-prone, fairly noticeable pores in my t-zone, no noticeable fine lines yet but interested in anti-aging properties).

i'm not "fair," i'm light with yellow-orange undertones. however, even the lightest shade, Fair 0, is too dark for me! quite odd, actually. it looks like i applied a too-dark bronzer sloppily when i wear this, and it does nothing to create a soft focus for the large-ish pores on my nose. (it does impart a nice glow, but i don't want my skin glowing in fake bronzer fashion.) in fact, certain cheap drugstore foundations, like Maybelline Dream Mousse, Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse, and L'oreal MagicSmooth Souffle are *much* better at this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this shade in Dark D1 from Sephora during a random visit where they had a line representative there helping customers become more familiar with the brand. She helped me locate this foundation. I have oily, acne-prone skin the shade of Sanaa Lathan's (caramel with yellow undertones so the shade is good for me, works well under my Clinique concealer and though I still need to blot every once in a while, my skin is really oily so doesn't bother me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cubicd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation two weeks ago and really liked the coverage and the glow, but within a week I started noticing I was getting more breakouts than is normal for me. Against my better judgment I decided to keep using it to be sure that it was the foundation causing the breakouts. My cheeks are burning and my pores are super clogged in areas that I don't normally break out like my cheeks (raised red sore bumps), neck, some even in weird places like under my eyes. Today is the last day I used it and its going in the trash, now I wonder how long it will be until my skin gets back to normal...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by MissApril221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in L2. I have an NC20 skin tone. At first I really liked this foundation. I thought I had found my HG foundation. I later noticed that it wasn't as flattering on me as it seemed. My skin started to get very oily and I broke out really bad. This also highlighted every line and pore on my face and it would sink into dry spots around my nose, leaving my face looking horrid. I noticed that when I first put the foundation on my face it looked too dark and orange but as I blended it out, it seemed to match my skin tone. The coverage was way too sheer. I put my concealer on under this product and after I blended the foundation in over it, I had to put more concealer on over top. This product is a real waste. I had greasy looking skin and the foundation didn't last for no more than 2 hours. Won't ever repurchase.