Kerastase Ciment Thermique

4.4

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, dimethiconol, triethanolamine, PEG/PPG-17/18 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, carbomer, behentrimonium chloride, polyquaternium-4, potato starch modified, hydroxylpropyl guar, methylparaben, limonene, amodimethicone, cetyl alcohol, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, methosulfate, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, geraniol, linalool, cetrimonium chloride, citral, parfum/fragrance

on 12/1/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this smell of product. But I hate this because its lack of moisturizer.. It just make ur hair smell good, thats all. No significant effect after use this :((

on 11/20/2010 11:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the best heat protectant available. I don't use it very often because I like to keep my hair free from silicones for the most part (though I know this doesn't have many), so I only break it out when I know I'm going to do some intensive styling. But every time I do use it, I get soft, shiny hair with no signs of heat damage. It's just great! One of the few styling products on the market that delivers exactly what it promises.

on 11/8/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Overall a good product. Leaves my hair feeling healthy and not too weighted down. Doesn't make a huge difference but for my fine hair it's difficult to find a product like this that doesn't make it look greasy or way too silky, it's a good balance.

on 10/19/2010 2:14:00 PM

This is the best heat defense product in the market, makes your hair feel luscious.....love it...just use it once a week as kerastase says

on 10/19/2010 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This really does smell great and makes your hair feel soft and healty, but it didn't do much more for me. The condition of my hair (which was never really damaged in the first place) hasn't improved. Maybe I go back to this when I get a bit older, but right now, drugstore products are able to do the same for my hair.

on 9/12/2010 2:18:00 PM

First of this is the only hair product I've ever used that actually made a difference. The price is ridiculous but I keep buying it because it's so good freaking good. It's got everything you can ask of: adds shine, softens the hair, does _NOT_ make it greasy or weigh it down and it smells lovely.

I recommend you to stop buying cheap, crappy products that run out in no time and start saving up for this instead, it's totally worth it. A bottle like this lasts for 3 months (my hair is medium length) and you'll avoid a lot of frustration from buying stuff that doesn't work for shit.

Try it!

on 8/22/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after suffering an extremely ill-advised 'colour correction' at my local salon. I say 'suffering' as the process - stripping my hair of all colour build-up (years of home hair dying!) - left me with the most straw-like, straw-coloured, stretchy, breaky, weak, tangled excuse for a head of hair I have ever had. Well, ok, let's just say it was unhealthy and unmanageable. The Ciment Thermique didn't 'rescue' my hair, in the sense of repairing it, but what it did was get me through those months immediately afterwards, by making my hair feel and look healthy and soft. Feel and look, not actually BE healthy! I still had to run my GHDs over my hair to smooth it out, which was probably only adding to the damage. I've now had my hair cut short - which was the only real way to get rid of the damage, and it's in fantastic condition, thankfully. I still use the Ciment Thermique occasionally, just on the ends, but I don't rely on it quite as much as I used to. If you have over-processed, over-bleached, weak hair, it's definitely worth a shot.

on 8/17/2010 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wasn’t really happy with this. I mean, for the price you pay the results are not that visibly better than with other smoothing lotions. Yes, you hair is smooth after ironing but not so moisturized. I also had the impression that the next day my hair felt somehow thinner and had some static. I had better results with the much cheaper smoothing lotions of TresSemme, GoToBe, l’Oreal or Nivea.

on 8/15/2010 10:31:00 AM

I love Kerastase - every now and then I try something else, but am always disappointed. I have fine hair, very prone to being weighed down, that is very dry, particularly at the ends, due to regular all-over highlighting for many years. I use Ciment Thermique as part of my general Kerastase routine, alongside other resistance products. Basically, it's great (when used with the shampoo and conditioner in the same range - if I didn't use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner my hair would be a disaster). My hair looks as good as it's ever going to get, and I can get away with not using straighteners.

I use quite a generous amount, and don't find it weighs my hair down.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I gave this product 4 stars because in the hands of professionals it gives great results while in my hands it could do better.
I love the smell of this thing, the entire strengthening (green) line from Kerastase smells amazingly well. My hair is curly thin and dry, and I didn't find this product moisturized and smoothed my hair enough when I was either blow drying or iron flatting. That's when I was doing it. But it worked well, not bad enough to make me regret buying it, except it took me a really long time to dry my hair really well with it, and if I stopped when it was semi-dry it would become frizzy and weird (not curly anymore and definitely not straight).
But when I took to the salons, any salon, any hair stylist, of any age, really made blew dry my hair very beautifully and my hair was soft with this product. But they did say that anyone with dry hair should try Nectar Thermique because Ciment Thermique is not moisturizing enough, it's for normal hair prone to breakage.
So I suppose it is a very good product, but it's not amateur user friendly. You have to spend a lot of time blow drying your hair if you do it by yourself and it didn't make my split ends disappear.

Top Rated Kerastase Products