September 3, 2014 | 1469 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really does smell great and makes your hair feel soft and healty, but it didn't do much more for me. The condition of my hair (which was never really damaged in the first place) hasn't improved. Maybe I go back to this when I get a bit older, but right now, drugstore products are able to do the same for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by cortana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of this is the only hair product I've ever used that actually made a difference. The price is ridiculous but I keep buying it because it's so good freaking good. It's got everything you can ask of: adds shine, softens the hair, does _NOT_ make it greasy or weigh it down and it smells lovely.

I recommend you to stop buying cheap, crappy products that run out in no time and start saving up for this instead, it's totally worth it. A bottle like this lasts for 3 months (my hair is medium length) and you'll avoid a lot of frustration from buying stuff that doesn't work for shit.

Try it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by mauvism

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after suffering an extremely ill-advised 'colour correction' at my local salon. I say 'suffering' as the process - stripping my hair of all colour build-up (years of home hair dying!) - left me with the most straw-like, straw-coloured, stretchy, breaky, weak, tangled excuse for a head of hair I have ever had. Well, ok, let's just say it was unhealthy and unmanageable. The Ciment Thermique didn't 'rescue' my hair, in the sense of repairing it, but what it did was get me through those months immediately afterwards, by making my hair feel and look healthy and soft. Feel and look, not actually BE healthy! I still had to run my GHDs over my hair to smooth it out, which was probably only adding to the damage. I've now had my hair cut short - which was the only real way to get rid of the damage, and it's in fantastic condition, thankfully. I still use the Ciment Thermique occasionally, just on the ends, but I don't rely on it quite as much as I used to. If you have over-processed, over-bleached, weak hair, it's definitely worth a shot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wasn’t really happy with this. I mean, for the price you pay the results are not that visibly better than with other smoothing lotions. Yes, you hair is smooth after ironing but not so moisturized. I also had the impression that the next day my hair felt somehow thinner and had some static. I had better results with the much cheaper smoothing lotions of TresSemme, GoToBe, l’Oreal or Nivea.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Ianthe19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Kerastase - every now and then I try something else, but am always disappointed. I have fine hair, very prone to being weighed down, that is very dry, particularly at the ends, due to regular all-over highlighting for many years. I use Ciment Thermique as part of my general Kerastase routine, alongside other resistance products. Basically, it's great (when used with the shampoo and conditioner in the same range - if I didn't use Kerastase shampoo and conditioner my hair would be a disaster). My hair looks as good as it's ever going to get, and I can get away with not using straighteners.

I use quite a generous amount, and don't find it weighs my hair down.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this product 4 stars because in the hands of professionals it gives great results while in my hands it could do better.
I love the smell of this thing, the entire strengthening (green) line from Kerastase smells amazingly well. My hair is curly thin and dry, and I didn't find this product moisturized and smoothed my hair enough when I was either blow drying or iron flatting. That's when I was doing it. But it worked well, not bad enough to make me regret buying it, except it took me a really long time to dry my hair really well with it, and if I stopped when it was semi-dry it would become frizzy and weird (not curly anymore and definitely not straight).
But when I took to the salons, any salon, any hair stylist, of any age, really made blew dry my hair very beautifully and my hair was soft with this product. But they did say that anyone with dry hair should try Nectar Thermique because Ciment Thermique is not moisturizing enough, it's for normal hair prone to breakage.
So I suppose it is a very good product, but it's not amateur user friendly. You have to spend a lot of time blow drying your hair if you do it by yourself and it didn't make my split ends disappear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on my trip to London a couple of months ago. I wanted to do some shopping that day and I was to early and most of the shops were closeed, so I went to a hairdresser to cut my ends and I asked the nice lady what she would recommend to me as I´m about to grow my hair so she told me to try Ciment Thermique by Kérastase. So I bought this and continued to use it. This stuff rocks! My ends are not so dry anymore and I don´t need to cut that much off, as my hair is healthier. Also, this is a good protection when you like to straighten your hair. The smell is very fresh and pleasant. Also the texture is light and doesn´t make my hair greasy or feel heavy. I highly recommend this though I didn´t try this Iron Repair thing from Redken that someone mentioned, but I´ll give it a try too in the future. =) All I can say is: Ciment thermique deserves 5 lipstick because it does what they say it will do and I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I've lately started getting into Kerastase products after trying a co-worker's on a business trip. I decided to start with Ciment Thermique because of all the positive editorial it constantly gets. I tracked it down at Ricky's for $37, which made me gulp z little bit because Ricky's has a no-return policy on haircare.

For reference, my hair is shoulder length and quite thick with some slight wave. It has been through some serious color treating via full highlights, and now is abused through single process color. My hair is quite prone to frizz during humid days, so I am always on the search for items that will keep my hair sleek and shiny. (so far, tr two best I have found are Phytodefrisant and nofrizz.)

Anyway, the Thermique smells lovely - like grapefruit - and the texture is like a nice cream-gel. I use about a walnut size on my entire head. I find that it gives me gloriously glossy beautiful hair without any volume deflation or crunchiness.

The reason why I took off one lippie is because, unfortunately, this does weight down and make my hair kind of greasy after a day. I wash my hair every other day, so I find that with this product, my hair attracts more dirt on the second day. Overall, this is a good product, and I will continue to use when I blowdry. When I let my hair air dry, I much prefer Moroccanoil. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by winkifyouloveit

Yes, this is a really good product. However, Redken makes a product called Iron Repair that is $15 and just as good if not better! Half the price of Kerastase!! I have both products and I compared the ingredient list, the first 14 ingredients are EXACTLY the same. And I know ingredient lists are in the order of largest ingredient to smallest. Save yourself some money girls and get Iron Repair.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferla32

This was my first Kerastase purchase, and I just loved this stuff! When I ran out, I bought Nectar Thermique, because of all the hype on this site. Well, I did not like that stuff, and felt I was blow drying my hair with nothing in it when I used it! My hair didn't "drink it up" like others have posted. I switched back to CT and on day one, I noticed a huge difference!

This stuff really seals your hair...I have little to no frizz after blow drying, and don't even need to use my (new) SJ or even the Oleo Relax Serum. My hair feels soft (and heavy), has great movement, and literally seems transformed after one use. I think this stuff is the reason my hair fallout diminishes.... no more gobs of hair in the shower.

I don't like spending a ton of money on hair products, but this is the one product I will ALWAYS have! On the days I use my Joico Moisture Therapy and CT, my hair is amazing! Love this stuff, and will continue the investment!