July 28, 2014 | 1895 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I will be honest and admit that I got this because of rave reviews on YouTube. I use mineral makeup everyday from Everyday Minerals and have been happy with it for a few years but I did want to try a higher end brand, especially since it has a dewier finish. I had a hard time purchasing it for the full price so I used my 15% off coupon at Sephora to justify it. At first I sort of hated it. I could not get it to properly bind to my brush, which means not enough product would actually buff into my face. I can only use this over a tinted moisturizer or foundation because it adheres better and gives better coverage. I really like using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and the EcoTools retractable kabuki is pretty good too. I really like it over matter mineral because it looks so healthy and fresh but finding the best way to use it has been challenging. The coverage over a base is great but very sheer over bare skin, at least for me (I have dry skin). I think its worth it since I use it everyday but I would probably only repurchase it when I have a coupon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love! Evens out my skintone and covers my blemishes perfectly. Gives my skin a beautiful glow and a satin-y finish. It's easy to use and makes a really nice change from liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by completelyloony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Skin: very Pale NC10 maybe Nars SG Siberia combination (dry facky patches, oilyness and normal) acne prone and sensitive.

I got this foundation in soft porcelain after reading reviews on Here and looking at swatches after needing a new foundation.

The shade: I got this in Soft porcelain and the shade is perfect. The shade is a very light colour with neutral - yellow undertones with no pink.

packaging: The packaging is as a plastic jar with filter in it there is also a seal that can open and close i find that don't get any spillage's with this and wish that more powders came with it.

The product: The foundation goes on smoothly and evenly and doesn't hight light dry flakey patches of my skin. It's quite fine and it tends to be a bit messy. the finish of the foundation is slightly dewy.
The coverage of the product is medium and if very easy and quick to get that coverage. The foundation lasted more than 12 hours with a little bit of movement around by my glasses and it sinks a little in to pores after 12 hours.

I have had this for 3 months now and i am half way through the jar. i use this about 5 days a week for 2 months now and a 1-2 days a week be for a month before. So a jar might last 4 - 6 months with daily use.

I would buy this again if i didn't come across something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK.....this didnt break me out and I got to admit I loved the colour. I used to use this a long time ago when my skin was oily/normal. I did but this again but my skin has gone a bit dry and now powders dont look good anymore and I look even more dry.

So, tbh if you have normal skin this is a great product. I used to use this with a kabooki brush and it did look good and was such a pretty colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by jpie0510

This used to be my HG of foundations. I still like the LM, but my HG is now the Lancome powder foundation.

I first discovered LM a few years back when looking for makeup for my destination wedding. Due to the heat and humidity of my destination, I wanted something that felt light, provided good coverage, and wasn't going to run once the humidity hit my face. LM fit the bill and had the added bonus of the SPF 15. The color selection was good and didn't look chalky the way Bare Escentuals does, and the powder seemed to almost adapt a little to my underlying skin tone.

The only two drawbacks of this foundation are 1) the powder starts to mix with my oily/acne prone skin later in the day and will leave a residue on my phone 2) the price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this mineral makeup for 2 weeks now and I'm in LOVE. I bought this based on a recommendation from a friend. I have tried every mineral makeup under the sun: BareMinerals, PurMinerals, Lauress, Meow, Everyday, Alima, the list goes on. I never tried LM because I was always under the impression that it was geared more towards "cool" undertones, but I was wrong. After YEARS of using mineral makeup, I switched to tinted moisturizer (Pixi) about 6 months ago. While I loved the TM, it didn't give me the coverage I needed and lately, unfortunately, I need more coverage than usual. So I gave LM a try. I am a NC25, so i tried the Rich Vanilla color first and boy was that way too dark. Normally, most foundations seem to be light or medium with no in between (even if they are marked "ligh/medium") and usually one shade down for me, at least, seems to be much lighter. I ended up exchanging it for Natural Beige and it is a perfect match for my skin tone and I was surprised that it wasn't too light. I use a primer underneath (haven't been 100% satisfied with LM's primer, but I am going to try Hourglass and see how it works). I just dab on some primer and concealer where I need it and then buff these minerals into my skin. A little goes a long way and the coverage is excellent (I would say medium coverage, but it sinks into the skin so it looks and feels like you're wearing a lot less). I am so happy to use mineral makeup again as it really makes my skin look good without being too shiny and used in conjunction with the primer, this makeup stays put and looks great. I always get compliments when I wear it. A+
EDIT: So I was a little bit off on the color. I realized after wearing this for awhile now that it's not the perfect match for my NC 25 skin and makes me look a little too yellow/peach -ish (which I know the Natural Beige is supposed to do). However, when I wear the Pixi TM underneath, then the color is perfection. I would give this a 4.5 if I could.......just a 1/2 star off for me not finding an exact color match and having to use this in conjunction with another product to get the look I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by BlancheDevereaux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG every day foundation! I first tried a mineral makeup in middle school when Bare Minerals was making it big. It was HORRIBLE so I didn't touch another mineral foundation since then.

Well I received this little gem in a swap and I've been hooked ever since. It is AMAZING. It covers 95% of my flaws while remaining completely undetectable on my skin. I literally look airbrushed when i'm wearing it.

It has a beautiful satin matte finish and it keeps my skin looking youthful and luminous (something that is very rare with powder foundations). The best part is the texture...it is so soft that it literally feels like it transform into a cream while you are buffing it in. It blends THAT well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lizyu6688

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I personally don't like this product. I have oily T-zone and everywhere else of my face is dry. I purchased the Tender Rose color. With the LM primer, after I put on this powder, my face color looked so fake and white like a chalk. My mom said that I looked like a zombie. I have used the Tender Rose pressed powder and it was good. But this loose powder with the primer, awful! My face looks white and yellow. SUCK! I returned the primer, loose powder, and brush immediately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Use when I want to tone down my moisturizer's shininess and have a bit of coverage. Lightly buff into skin with kabuki brush and mist to avoid powdery finish. Generally I cannot tolerate sparkles all over my face, so I was very concerned when I read these complaints from others. Maybe it's because I use a very light layer on my t-zone, but I only get a bit of glowing sheen. This is the only loose mineral powder that didn't go dry and cake up my skin. Also has fantastic lasting power. My color is Real Sand, which seems to work for my winter NC15-20 and summer NC20-25 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bc12401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HOLY GRAIL powder foundation!

I have very dry skin around my nose and cheeks but this foundation doesn't seem to make my face feel tight like other powders can. I understand that a lot of users are saying that this makes their face "oily" looking - but I completely disagree with this being negative. The foundation has extremely fine shimmer to it and leaves a very satiny, eggshell finish. It's beautiful. I'm 20 and love it, and my mother (age 52) LOVES it. It's perfect for her skin.

This looks amazing in the winter, but especially nice in the summer months.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No