TheBalm Hot Mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

on 12/12/2011 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect summer/spring blush! Shimmery but not glittery, great color pay off, you only need a little and it's easy to layer. I got this in the Balmbini palette and when it runs out I will definitely buy the full size version.

on 10/18/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have this blush as part of the Balmbini palette from TheBalm. I love the warm color and texture. I use it as either a blush or a little highlighting. It can also be used as an eye shadow.

on 10/3/2011 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

PROS
**Nice pigmentation, but can be a little sheer depending on the brush, but buildable
**Beautiful coral
**Nice golden glow, but no obvious shimmer
**Adorable packaging!!

CONS
**Pricey, I was able to buy this for half the price at TJMaxx!

on 9/27/2011 2:55:00 PM

I found this blush at my local TJ Maxx for $9.99. Given all the hype, I figured I'd try it...and I was a little underwhelmed. It's a pretty, coral-y pink with a light dose of gold shimmer but it's nothing special on my medium-light, creamy middle eastern complexion w/ yellow undertones. It's harder and less pigmented than other blushes by theBalm like Frat Boy (my fave for a coral flush!) and Down Boy (a pale baby pink that still manages to show up well on my skin). It's a decent blush, especially for only $10 at TJ Maxx, but it's not my favorite.

on 9/11/2011 6:03:00 PM

I snagged this blush at my local Marshalls so if you have one close to you, check it out! Hot Mama is a beautiful baby pink with gold shimmer. I absolutely adore it and definitely consider it a NARS Orgasm dupe. It has a velvety texture and applies with a dewy finish. For me, its perfect when I want that glowy look. I use this blush fairly often and I think its completely worth the money. I haven't used it as a shadow because pinks tend to make my eyes look irritated, but I might try it. It has 7.8 g of product which is a ton especially compared to a NARS blush which only has 4.8 g Also I find the packaging adorable :) For me, my choice is clear!

on 9/6/2011 3:38:00 PM

This is one of those blushes I just keep going back to! I absolutely love it, and have hit pan on about 3 different packages, and still continue to use it. It's gorgeous on all skintones. Its a very peachy colour, alot more orange to it than a coral would have. However, the pigment is incredible! A little bit goes a long way. I also love the slight sparkle to it, because it adds a nice glowy warmth to the skin. Love it!

Love this blush! It's golden peach color gives an ethereal look. Gives me glowy fairy like cheeks when I where it. Love!

on 6/20/2011 4:13:00 AM

This is my HG. A flush pink with undertones of gold and light brown. Easy to apply, easy to layer, slightly darker than Benefit's Dandelion and not as colourful as Nars Orgasm. My only criticism is that if you layer it it can sometimes look a bit shiny in the light but overall it is an awesome blush.

on 5/23/2011 2:12:00 PM

So I had been eyeing this blush for some time now and every time I went in to my local Sephora to buy it, they were always out of it. However, my co-worker gave me this from her collection as she no longer uses it since she bought a similar discontinued shade by Smashbox. I must say that I LOVE this blush. It's nice and creamy and goes on smoothly. It gives your face a nice, natural-looking glow. Glad that my co-worker gave it to me. I will most definitely buy this again when I run out! I might even buy this for my mom as she's a blush junkie too!

on 5/14/2011 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yes, yes and yes. Love, love and love this blush. This is the first product from theBalm that I've owned. Oh, how I love her, she's a gentle, soft, peach w/pink undertones. She gives a lit-within glow. She makes me happy to look at her adorable packaging (get's me every time). Think, Benefit goes Stila. I know, I'm sure that's blasphemy in some cultures, but I can't help it. That's what it reminds me of. A touch of kitsch, a touch of girly-girl. The color is comparable to Nars Orgasm, just more peachy, less glitter, more of a slight golden shimmer. Not vulgar, not harsh, just right. 0.25oz, larger than Orgasms 0.16oz, so way more for your money. If Benefit Coralista and Nars Orgasm had a baby, Hot Mama would be her name.

Top Rated TheBalm Products