Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

4.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 7/5/2011 12:55:00 AM

I didn't like the Acne Stress Control lotion so I was skeptical of the face wash. It's great though. It cleans, scrubs gently, rinses off completely, and smells nice. Sometimes I'll leave it on my face until it dries as a kind of mask to really take advantage of the salicylic acid. I even like the packaging. It's a tube that sits up so the product is always being pulled down and ready to go. I will definitely buy this again.

on 6/30/2011 12:05:00 AM

I looked up reviews for this product as I was looking for a new scrub, and saw the great reviews! So I went and bought it for $7. The first time I used it, it irritated my skin a bit, which is why I took off one star. I think it was the cooling sensation that irritated my sensitive skin. After a few uses though, it was ah-mazing. It smells just like lushious cucumbers and it is so wonderfully creamy. YUM! The color is very attractive! As far as clearing my skin I think it does a good job, but I can't tell yet since I havn't used it enough. Overall its fantabulous.

on 6/11/2011 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really like this. This is one of the only things that actually works on clearing my skin! It doesn't dehydrate my skin like other scrubs, and its very smooth! I tried the grapefruit scrub from Neutrogena, but that actually made my skin worse...
I really love this ^^

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Unlike other scrubs I've used, this one leaves my skin really soft and silky. The grains are pretty good size too, not too fine or too harsh. I'm unsure whether or not if it helps clear my face, but I just love the after soothing result.

on 6/6/2011 3:07:00 PM

I am the type of person that is too afraid to switch face products for the risk of breaking out. I've used the same drug store product for years and always went back to it to un-do the damage any new facial wash did to my complexion whenever I did try something new. I decided to try this on a whim and I am extremely happy I did. It works so well. It's such a great drug store facial wash and I would recommend to everyone!! It smells clean. I've used it twice a day for a few months now and my skin looks great.

on 5/29/2011 7:08:00 AM

This is the only cleanser I have ever re-purchased.

I love Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control line anyway, but in deciding what product to use from the line, I chose this one based on a few things:

- It's the winner of the 2007 Allure Beauty Award for best product
- The "microclear" technology that helps "stop breakouts before they start"
- it's a gentle scrub with beads -- not apricot pit pieces or anything else that's harsh
- it's said to help clear up acne and reduce redness.
- it's oil-free.

My skin is not particularly problematic, but it tends towards breakouts, especially when I'm stressed. I use this product twice a day and - WOW- it's like I have new skin. I hope they never discontinue this product -- it is sort of a hidden gem in the aisle of drugstore face wash products. I don't like the cream cleanser (it's counter-part); I much prefer this scrub as I feel it really cleans my skin well. If you leave it on for a minute or two, it acts like a masque and really helps deep-cleanse.

It contains 2% salicylic acid, so it won't dry out skin that is oily-normal.

I won't try any other product from now on - this is my HG cleanser.

on 5/27/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE THIS FACIAL SCRUB ITS AMAZING!i love the cool feeling it gives you when your applying and after u wash it(:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far the best drugstore cleasner I've used. I WISH the stores would stock it more. It always seem they are out of this scrub and it's no wonder, it works well.

I changed my cleanser a few weeks ago because I could not find this in the store. I was also using a foundation that is known for clogging pores(i didn't know this at the time). Well, I ended up breaking out like crazy. I found and place that had this in stock and my skin is beginning to clear up fantastically!

Love this product. It doesn't clear my skin 100%. I'd say around 90%- but that is so much better than others I've used.

on 4/30/2011 10:41:00 PM

A really good exfoliating scrub with a really nice, fresh scent & leaves your face soft and refreshed. The only problem I would have with this facial scrub is that it doesn't really clear acne. It may just prevent them.

on 4/21/2011 12:33:00 AM

This is an HG for me. I have been using it for about 8 months now, and it has just kept my skin so clear!

Pros:
-Skin is clearer than it has been since I was 10 years old
-Skin feels extremely clean, fresh, and smooth after use
-The daily exfoliation keeps my skin looking extremely healthy
-The microbeads are very smooth, so they don't scratch my face up
-My pores have tightened up since using it
-Smells great!
-Works better than any other cleanser or scrub I've used

Cons:
-It's a smaller size than the Stress Control Cream Cleanser but the same price. I don't mind, though. It's still a lot cheaper than a lot of brands!

I'm a product junky, and I'm always buying new cleansers to try out. This is the longest amount of time that I've ever used the same cleanser. I usually buy a cleanser once and then move on to the next one, but this is my HG. I love it and probably will use it for a very long time (so long as my skin doesn't build up an immunity to it). Highly recommended.