September 19, 2014 | 986 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only cleanser I have ever re-purchased.

I love Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control line anyway, but in deciding what product to use from the line, I chose this one based on a few things:

- It's the winner of the 2007 Allure Beauty Award for best product
- The "microclear" technology that helps "stop breakouts before they start"
- it's a gentle scrub with beads -- not apricot pit pieces or anything else that's harsh
- it's said to help clear up acne and reduce redness.
- it's oil-free.

My skin is not particularly problematic, but it tends towards breakouts, especially when I'm stressed. I use this product twice a day and - WOW- it's like I have new skin. I hope they never discontinue this product -- it is sort of a hidden gem in the aisle of drugstore face wash products. I don't like the cream cleanser (it's counter-part); I much prefer this scrub as I feel it really cleans my skin well. If you leave it on for a minute or two, it acts like a masque and really helps deep-cleanse.

It contains 2% salicylic acid, so it won't dry out skin that is oily-normal.

I won't try any other product from now on - this is my HG cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by annette143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS FACIAL SCRUB ITS AMAZING!i love the cool feeling it gives you when your applying and after u wash it(:

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

This is by far the best drugstore cleasner I've used. I WISH the stores would stock it more. It always seem they are out of this scrub and it's no wonder, it works well.

I changed my cleanser a few weeks ago because I could not find this in the store. I was also using a foundation that is known for clogging pores(i didn't know this at the time). Well, I ended up breaking out like crazy. I found and place that had this in stock and my skin is beginning to clear up fantastically!

Love this product. It doesn't clear my skin 100%. I'd say around 90%- but that is so much better than others I've used.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by cindybub

A really good exfoliating scrub with a really nice, fresh scent & leaves your face soft and refreshed. The only problem I would have with this facial scrub is that it doesn't really clear acne. It may just prevent them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jstrazishar

This is an HG for me. I have been using it for about 8 months now, and it has just kept my skin so clear!

Pros:
-Skin is clearer than it has been since I was 10 years old
-Skin feels extremely clean, fresh, and smooth after use
-The daily exfoliation keeps my skin looking extremely healthy
-The microbeads are very smooth, so they don't scratch my face up
-My pores have tightened up since using it
-Smells great!
-Works better than any other cleanser or scrub I've used

Cons:
-It's a smaller size than the Stress Control Cream Cleanser but the same price. I don't mind, though. It's still a lot cheaper than a lot of brands!

I'm a product junky, and I'm always buying new cleansers to try out. This is the longest amount of time that I've ever used the same cleanser. I usually buy a cleanser once and then move on to the next one, but this is my HG. I love it and probably will use it for a very long time (so long as my skin doesn't build up an immunity to it). Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by greenyshell

I came across this product when i paid a visit to a local drugstore in Sydney. Knowing that im a big fan of green this green scrub really caught my eye. When i smell it i literally fell in love with it and decided to give it a try. I use this approx twice a week and happy with the result. My skin feels softer and since it has the creamy consistency it does not dry up my skin so bad. The micro beads in this product is quite smooth for my very sensitive skin and scrub pretty good. In terms of acne it does not do much but it is a good scrub. I simply love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by MUBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product contains Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid. I don't use this on my face because I find the scrub beads a bit harsh, but I do use this on my back and chest to keep it clear and prevent breakouts. I am also a fan of Panoxyl foaming wash for use on the body and face, but quite frankly, the thought of potentially bleaching my clothes in the morning really bothers me. So I use this product in the morning and I love it. I have been using it for the last 4 years, rotating it with panoxyl at night or other cleansing scrubs. I love it. HOWEVER, that being said, I have noticed that the ingredient listing for this product is almost the same to their Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub, which also contains SA and GA. The Oil-free acne daily scrub is also cheaper. I have yet to try that one, but if anyone has tried both and knows the difference, please LMK.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Aeternitas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my savior scrub. No facial cleanser or scrub can compare to this on the drugstore or high end level. I've been through ProActiv, which failed me and has only worked in the duration I actually used it (no lasting effects). Then I've tried Clearasil, which destroyed my complexion and sucked all moisture from my skin and made it red, itchy, and blotchy. I've had breakouts for as long as I can remember and have never been able to appreciate what it's like to have clear skin up until now.

My breakouts started at my cheeks and around the hairline. I have never been without at least ONE blemish on my face since I was 13! Compared to some acne, mine was fairly mild. Just a few red, inflamed pimples on each side of my face, along with hard, tiny population of bumps on my forehead. All of the sudden, around the time I turned 18, it went from mild to cystic :( and started growing toward the center of my face where I wasn't able to hide it. I remember going on my way to school, catching myself in the mirror, and I started bawling like a baby. I still have very light acne scars from the sudden breakout. (I realize now that it was because of my hormones).

Around that time, I went to a local drugstore in dire need of a new routine and face wash. I realized I needed a scrub because foam washes or other soaps were only skimming the surface of my face and not giving me a deep cleanse. I decided to pick this up and it was the name that made me buy it: Acne Stress Control. I was really stressed at the time and felt like this product would manage the acne that came from my stress. My routine only involved using this twice in a row, in the morning and before bed, and drinking a lot of water. Miracles happened! My face started clearing up.

I agree with other reviewers that this calms my skin and soothes the redness. The smell itself is very calming. It's a gentle scrub, but very effective; you can feel the cooling sensation and the relief in your skin once you wash it off and dry up with a towel. I was angry, but overcome with excitement, that this was all I needed for my face this whole time! I'm 21 now, and at this very moment, my skin is almost perfectly clear with the occasional blemish. Although it wasn't ENTIRELY this product, I owe it a lot of credit for helping me out in my worst acne days- for 3 freakin' years. It never broke me out and it has left my skin happy. And I'm STILL not bored with it. I've ventured away, but I always end up using this again. I bought my back up today. This is great stuff. Neutrogena amazes me!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by purplesoccerfrk1

I am a teenager, so I obviously have acne. There has never been any period of my teenage years where I never had a pimple anywhere on my face. Well, I ran out of my other face scrub, Neutrogena Rapid Clear Foaming Scrub, so I went to Target to get another bottle.
But then I saw this; first of all, I LOVE THE COLOR AND SMELL! It smells just like cucumbers, but it's also supposed to control acne that comes from stress. I've been very very stressed lately because of all the work I have in high school. I've slept very little and I had a lot of breakouts. The Rapid Clear scrub helped a bit in that I didn't have those bulgy disgusting pimples everywhere, but didn't do much else. So I decided to buy this, along with the Acne Stress Control Toner.
I've been using this for 4 months now, going onto 5. And what can I say? It's the best freaking thing ever.. !!!
At first, I absolutely LOVED how my face was very tingly and felt extremely fresh when I washed my face with this. I didn't see too much difference in my acne though. But over time (cause you gotta give acne products time, they're not supposed to be miracles!) I saw that I had little to no breakouts, and my acne was slowly going away.
Now I use this once every day or so (sometimes every two days) because I'm afraid the scrub part of this facial wash will irritate my skin. But now, I have about 3 pimples on my face max. My daily skin routine is very intense, so I guess that helps it out. But I saw a much much much better improvement after I started using this. It's lasted pretty long so that's another good thing about this product!
I feel clean and fresh every day now, and I don't even use foundation or concealer anymore! I also make sure to not touch my face though (very big tip right there for those of you who are acne-prone) to help this product out. I'd recommend this for anyone!!!
The only reason why I rated it four stars is because it's not a miracle and I don't think any acne product should be 5 stars unless it's a miracle. So... yup! I love this product!! yummmmm :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by pakiaish

This is my miracle fix. I have suffered from mild acne for as long as I can remember, and many of the face washes i use that have salicylic acid are too strong for me and I get dry, peeling skin. So the first time i used this I was struck at the texture of the facewash its different the all the others I have used, it is like creamy with these little beads in it. When you wash your face with it, you will notice there is not a lot of lather, but trust me it is working. Once you wash your face you will feel a clean tingly feeling, afterwards you dont honestly need to follow up with moisurizer, it is so calming that you can moisturize when you want to. If you have a pimple you want to get rid of, rub a little bit of the neutrogena facewash on it and leave it there while you brush your teeth then wash it off. I swear the next day your pimple will be reduced significantly in size or will be gone. This works best if you have a tiny pimple emerging and u put it on right away, it will stay tiny and go away and not even become big. I LOVE THIS FACE WASH. highly highly recommend.