July 24, 2014 | 1964 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by jltran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very picky on scents, and LOVEE this one! It's very fresh, classy, sophisticated, and doesn't give me a headache like most other scents do. Plus it smells expensive (it better be for the price you pay!) You only need one spritz (spray on one wrist, lightly rub the other, and rub both wrists on your neck).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dreamsinTexas

I will start off by saying that men Love this scent. My exboyfriend loved it, co-workers, random strangers, friends, even my father all love how this smells. I first smelled this perfume through a magazine sniff sample and it was love at first whiff. I have been wearing it for the past three years now and keep praying for it to never be discontinued. I have officially made it my beauty staple. It still remains a treat to spray after a nice long shower or bath. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by izzit

This is one of my signature scents, I absolutely love it. Its fresh with a citrus kick and some floral notes. The drydown is less citrus, but slightly more floral and warm. I definitely get a LOT of compliments when wearing this fragrance, its unique so class mates always ask what I'm wearing. Although this is thought to be aimed at young people, I've been wearing this fragrance for 3 years now (I'm 19 now) and I think its feminine and classy enough that anyone could pull it off with the right attitude. I would say its ideal for spring summer due to its fresh lightness, but equally you could wear it in the winter. The fragrance is not at all obnoxious or cloying that people would find it offensive- all of my family including brother and dad like this scent on me as well. I would definitely recommend this scent, its definitely different from the original chance, which I dislike, you'll be amazed at how many compliments you will get from wearing it! I would say this is more expensive than most fragrances- 50 for 100ml.. this is the only perfume I have bought in such a big size before, but its not one I'll get bored of anytime soon! A huge plus is that it lasts all day on my skin.. and even longer when sprayed on clothes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am a little bit confused with this fragrance. It starts out very fresh and citrus-y with a strong lime note but soon morphs into something much more floral with a touch of an aquatic note (maybe the water hyacinth). It is a feminine and sophisticated scent. But at this point there is a note that smells very off for me ( like smth "stale") that it soon mellows and becomes less annoying. The sillage is good and the staying power is average and it would make a good spring/summer fragrance for all ages that could be easily worn in a business environment. But due to its weird development on my skin, I would not buy a full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by mszlaydeej

My mom bought this originally for herself. After I smelled it I fell in love with the scent. The scent stays on for quite awhile which I love. Anyway, I had to get a bottle for myself because I loved it so much. I usually don't buy perfumes but this was an exception.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

I really wanted to like Chance Eau Fraiche - effervescent, green, fresh -
but the effect was not good on me. Smelled like lime sorbet, ginger
ale, and tuna. I like many Chanel's but will have to forego this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by blackholes

This is the better of the two Chance fragrances. The smell is amazing, but the staying power isn't all that great, it stays for about 4-6 hours. But I would consider repurchasing this fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been eying this for a while, and I finally received this for Christmas. A couple days before Christmas, I went to the mall and decided to spray some on myself, just because I loved the smell so much. When I got home, I kept sniffing my scarf saying "ahh it smells so good!!", and apparently, my mom took the hint ;) I adore the way this smells! It's very fresh, yet slightly sweet and a teeny bit spicy. It does smell a bit masculine when first sprayed, but it dries down to a beautiful critrusy floral scent. It also has great staying power on me. I spray it before going to school (around 6:20 am) and by 1 pm I still smell that beautiful scent around me. I absolutely love this fragrance and it has amazing staying power for such a fresh, delicate scent. I would definitely repurchase when I run out, although it is very expensive. In my opinion, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jess54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I got this as a gift. I wouldnt usually spend that much on perfume for myself...but I may buy more when I run out if this bottle lasts a long time. I LOVE this scent. When I first put it on it kind of reminds me of men's cologne (which I love). The dry down smells beautiful too. It gets floral-y but not too sour-smelling like some florals. Eau Fraiche does not give me a headache like a lot of perfumes do and I don't get fed up with the smell like I usually do with other scents. It also lasts really long on me. I can still smell traces of it by the end of the night when I put it on in the morning. I love the bottle - it's so chic! As a sidenote, I really don't like the original Chanel Chance...too old lady for me. Something about doesn't really strike me as "special". But the Chance Eau Fraiche is definitely a unique, fresh scent that doesn't smell like something you could just buy in the drugstore. So overall...LOVE the perfume...don't love the price but if it lasts long I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by SixPomegranateSeeds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After lemming this for a year, my yearning was finally fulfilled last week. I received this as a gift from my BF, which is wonderful because I probably would never have bought it for myself. When the fragrance is first spritzed, it has an almost masculine feeling to it, because there is such an absence of sweetness. It reminds me of old-fashioned European eau de Cologne. Initially, it is very, very green, and manages to be both fresh and spicy. To me, the most noticeable inital note is vetiver.
However, after it settles on my skin for a few minutes, the scent softens considerably. At this point, it is definitely feminine. I get a sense of musk and perhaps jasmine.
My favorite thing about this fragrance is the juxtaposition of cool freshness with warm softness. I find this combination to be very unique and alluring. I also love the color of the liquid in the bottle: a refreshing-looking cool transparent green. The fragrance lasts a considerable while on my skin, but not so much that I tire of it.