November 23, 2014 | 1063 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by becky9106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Go to powder everyday! Absolutely love it! On top of foundation it gives me full coverage, mattifies my makeup and makes my skin look flawless! I couldnt ask for anymore, I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Megan88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for nearly 3 years, I'm onto my 6th compact! It's a great product for those like me who don't like to wear heavy foundation but still want to look 'polished'. It gives sheer coverage on its own which you can build on, and sets on top of foundation for a prefect matte finish. It also never made me break out. I dust it on with a powder brush & also press it in with my fingers over spots & the redness round the edge of my nose if need be.
The only con I can say it that worn on its own it wont last all day, but it does when worn over foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by egarrett2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm. What a peculiar product. When I first got this, I was disappointed. It left a chalky finish on my face and seemed to just look blah. It seemed to have very little coverage, so I just tossed it aside and occasionally dusted it over foundation as a finishing powder. A little ways down the road, I decided to give it another shot. I had tweaked my skincare routine, which I think made all the difference in the world. I had been using Milk of Magnesia as my primer, which made my skin look better for about a week and then it started going downhill. I changed my primer and moisturizer, and alas! MSFN was making me glow. Rather than using it as a setting powder, I started using it as my foundation. I would simply conceal under my eyes and buff this in, and I could have medium coverage with this stuff. It melts into my skin. I have even found that I can conceal over it and it doesn't look weird at all. I love the subdued shimmer. I can even use this as a barely there cheek bone highlighter when I use a few layers. The staying power is fairly decent with my oily skin, and all in all, I would buy again. It's a nice light foundation, and it takes effort to make it look cakey. I think it honestly all depend on your skin at that given time. If you are using the wrong products or you are having an extra bad skin week, MSFN might not work for you. Work with it and give it time. It's not quite perfect, but it is very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Alexa19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gives me just the right amount of coverage. It can be built up from a light to an almost heavy coverage, which is obviously based on how much you use. I prefer a light to medium coverage and don't have any problems with it becoming cakey on my face. Someone wanting a heavy coverage may encounter some cakeyness.
I use the shade LIGHT in my MSF Natural and it is a very good colour match for me. I find alot of mac powders/foundations to be very much on the orangey side but the MSF doesn't seem to have that problem.
This looks extremely natural on my skin when worn at a light coverage and alot of people don't even know that I have makeup on. It takes literally seconds to buff this into the skin. I use the MAC 182 Kabuki brush and find that it is the best brush to apply the product.
I can go through one of these powders in just over a month and this isn't ideal due to the price but I have repurchased this over 10 times at least and can honestly see myself using this for at least the next 20 years. I have oily skin and so I find a powder foundation helps to control the oil. I have had dry patches on my face in the past and this MSF hasn't coped well with that. As with all powders, any dryness will be accentuated.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by caitrin87

This broke me out in cystic pimples that are still causing problems weeks later!
I really do not recommend this for girls with sensitive skin!
Shame though, the finish was nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by cjm517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this stuff. I don't match into most MAC foundations but I am barely dark enough to wear the light color (I would guess I'm about a N10-15). When I first tried this product, I tossed it. I thought it was breaking me out and it didn't suit my combo skin. However, I've normalized my skin some since and tried it again earlier this year and I've never gone back. I absolutely adore this product and have repurchased it probably close to 5 or 6 times. I go through it pretty fast (about 2 mos of daily wear, applied multiple times every day) but I don't mind forking over the $27 to get it. I keep a compact in my purse, in my car, and in my drawer at home.
I use this either as a foundation (very rarely, only when I don't have liquid foundation available... I don't like powder foundation) and as a setting powder. It is a light coverage foundation and adds just that touch more of coverage needed to polish out a look without adding any bulk. It is a truly natural finish and while matte, has some reflective properties that make you look just a tad dewy (even though you're not oily). It keeps foundation in place and mattifies or a couple hours. It doesn't make my foundation go funky when oil finally breaks through but rather keeps looking more and more dewy and beautiful. It photographs extremely well and produces no flashback or a white cast (like many silica based powder products). I wear it with GA LSF and Lasting Silk foundations as well as anything else I want. During the summer, I wear it on top of MAC F&B foundation for a super natural look.
It doesn't irritate my skin or cause it to break out, though many people report that it causes breakouts.
I highly recommend MSFN, it's like my little magic trick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this to set my liquid foundation, and it works perfectly. I use a 182 kabuki brush to buff it in and my foundation looks flawless. The finish is generally matte but it does have a small amount of sheen to it, which I love. It gives a great finish to the skin. It isn't a full coverage powder, like the Studio Fix powder, it is more of a light to medium coverage. You can wear it on it's own to reduce shine however I prefer a fuller coverage so wearing it under liquid foundation is my preference. You can build up coverage by adding more in problemed areas, and at the same time, it will not make you appear cakey or as if you work in a bakery like some powders do. Packaging is great, however a compact mirror would be excellent. It is definately worth the price tag, and it is my go-to powder for setting liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanne

I really like this product for setting my foundation/concealer!! I would not wear it alone if you want any kind of coverage. It's extremely sheer alone, but for some reason I do get better coverage out of it when I use it as a setting powder. I use a big, very dense kabuki brush with it and it works great for getting plenty of powder out! When I bought my first MSFN I could not find a brush capable of getting any product off the dome so I just set it aside for about a year until I got a new kabuki brush and decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did!! I love love love the finish this gives my face when paired with my NARS Sheer Matte foundation. It gives me a super flawless, matte/satin finish that makes my face look matte with a slight natural shimmer to it. It also makes my face really soft which I love! The key is just finding a dense enough kabuki that can get enough powder off to actually show up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder has great coverage; it conceals my redness and blemishes even when I don't use concealer or foundation, and it makes my pores look tiny. However, it makes me oily within two hours, and it covers my freckles if I'm not careful, making my face look dead. (I also chose a color that's too light for me, but that's my own mistake. With a light hand, the color doesn't look off.) I have to set this with a spray to keep from looking powdery. I go back and forth between loving and hating this product, hence the neutral rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by greatgrains

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

As the years go by my skin is getting progressively drier and more sensitive. I like the MSF because it is not drying and does not irritate my skin. I do not wear foundation anymore, but I wear sunscreen and therefore I always need to use a powder on top to take off the shine of the sunscreen and set it for the day. The MSF performs this function and its sheer coverage allows my underlying skin to show through (which I really like). I always get compliments that my skin looks so radiant and glowy whenever I have this on... and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't say the same if they saw me without it ;)

I am NC15 and wear this in Light. I apply this with a puff and not a brush because I find brushes scratchy on my face. It would be great if they could add a mirror in the compact.