April 19, 2014 | 1901 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanne

I really like this product for setting my foundation/concealer!! I would not wear it alone if you want any kind of coverage. It's extremely sheer alone, but for some reason I do get better coverage out of it when I use it as a setting powder. I use a big, very dense kabuki brush with it and it works great for getting plenty of powder out! When I bought my first MSFN I could not find a brush capable of getting any product off the dome so I just set it aside for about a year until I got a new kabuki brush and decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did!! I love love love the finish this gives my face when paired with my NARS Sheer Matte foundation. It gives me a super flawless, matte/satin finish that makes my face look matte with a slight natural shimmer to it. It also makes my face really soft which I love! The key is just finding a dense enough kabuki that can get enough powder off to actually show up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder has great coverage; it conceals my redness and blemishes even when I don't use concealer or foundation, and it makes my pores look tiny. However, it makes me oily within two hours, and it covers my freckles if I'm not careful, making my face look dead. (I also chose a color that's too light for me, but that's my own mistake. With a light hand, the color doesn't look off.) I have to set this with a spray to keep from looking powdery. I go back and forth between loving and hating this product, hence the neutral rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by greatgrains

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

As the years go by my skin is getting progressively drier and more sensitive. I like the MSF because it is not drying and does not irritate my skin. I do not wear foundation anymore, but I wear sunscreen and therefore I always need to use a powder on top to take off the shine of the sunscreen and set it for the day. The MSF performs this function and its sheer coverage allows my underlying skin to show through (which I really like). I always get compliments that my skin looks so radiant and glowy whenever I have this on... and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't say the same if they saw me without it ;)

I am NC15 and wear this in Light. I apply this with a puff and not a brush because I find brushes scratchy on my face. It would be great if they could add a mirror in the compact.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by xnobzx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know why anyone hasn't said this before but there is almost NO COVERAGE with this powder! Maybe it was just the one I got but I found it extremely hard to actually get this powder out of the pan to use it on my face! I used my Makeup Forever kabuki and I thought maybe the synthetic hair was too soft to pick it up....then I used my MAC 187 brush thinking that would be the best way to apply it being that it is what they suggest to use at MAC....still very hard to actually get any product! The time it took to actually get enough product on the brush and onto my face was ridiculous! And I know what you are probably thinking and no I am not the kind of person who over powders my face. When I was actually able to GET IT ON MY FACE I found both the coverage poor and it just didn't seem to do ANYTHING to my complexion or help with ANY oil control. I can't say that it caused any break outs on me because every time I used it I would wind up washing my entire face after about four hours due to its lack of oil control. Usually when a product does not work for me I can often contribute it to the fact that it does not agree with my coloration or skin type but with this product I can't think of anyone that this product would actually work for! It doesn't set your makeup well, there is almost no coverage, It just seems to sit there on your face not doing anything! If you are diehard on using a MAC powder and have oily skin I recommend trying out the Blot Powder applied with a brush and not the puff it comes with(only use it for touch ups). It's one of the only MAC powders that have never caused me to break out and works great at controlling my oily skin. Other then that I highly suggest the Makeup Forever HD powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder because I wanted more coverage than I was getting from my MAC Transparent Finishing Powder. I guess since I have purchased so many high-priced cosmetics that the cost wasn't a deterent, but honestly, most women who are used to drug store makeup would balk at paying so much for something they can get a better version of at Walgreens. This is the first MSFN I have purchased, and will probably be the last unless I miraculously have a total skin clear-up and don't need any foundation, concealer, tinted moisturizer, etc. This powder gives me virtually no coverage when worn alone (yes, I have a MAC 182 and other brushes so I'm not putting it on with a puff or anything), but gives me the effect that I hated with Bare Minerals when I used it back in the day: It makes my skin feel kind of greasy, itchy and tacky. It also gives me a sallow look, like I haven't washed my face in days. In stark contrast, when I use it with foundation or even Tarte Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer, as I did yesterday, it gives way too much coverage and makes me look super cakey. It also gives no oil control (I have combo skin and my t-zone gets really oily after a few hours) even with NARS mattefying primer, which does much better when paired with the TFP. I didn't even want to use MSFN to blot some of the oil for fear that I would look powdery. I guess I will just have to take more time with my concealers before applying tinted moisturizer or foundation, and use TFP with Guerlain Meteorites for a nicer finish. I bought the next color up for my mom and I hope she's having better luck with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by LIEHIEZE

I bought this after hearing so many people raving about this product. I have quite dry skin and I wanted to use it as a setting powder on top of my concealer (because if I don't my concealer will just come off instantly). The problem I have with this powder is that it makes my concealer look quite cakey, but it also comes off quite quickly. I have hit pan on it because I want to finish it, but I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by laitae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I buy and use powders because I want a matte/semi-matte finish on my skin. This powder does not control oil very well and quickly disappears from my face. However, it is finely milled and very lightweight, so I understand why so many people enjoy using it. I hit the pan on it, will use it up, but will not repurchase, I prefer to stick what I really like...MAC's Blot Powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Kasx123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first thing i reached for when i first went to Mac. I have had it for about 5 months and still have a lot left. This is a good powder but i reallllly wish it had better oil control for my oily skin. I imagine it would work better on people with combination to dry skin types though. After 1 to 2 hours my skin is shiny with this powder. I am probably going to try out mac studio fix powder instead of this one for better oil control especially for summer, but dont get me wrong MSFN is a decent powder, especially for winter when it is less humid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this.
I usually just use tinted moisturizer and a bit of concealer for my nw20 skin. this powder in the color medium is PERFECT for me. it dont make me too matte, and it covers where i would usually be too dewy or shiny. I use the ELF studio flat top powder brush to buff this in my skin and my skin looks so pretty. I will continue to buy this and may even buy a darker color of it to contour.
I do wish it had a mirror, but since Im a depotting addict I put mine in my hot pink happy booster compact (from my PF light bronzer)so I have a mirror to see what Im doing while applying at work or wherever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lillevenn11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder has more coverage than I expected a pressed powder to have, which was nice. However, it oxidized, and the light color was too dark for NC15 skin to start with. The mattifying effect only lasted an hour or so; after it wore off I was extremely oily and orange. However, the effect when I applied it was absolutely flawless and it actually helped hide my dry skin. I just wish the color was a little lighter and the effect lasted longer.