Maybelline Define A Lash

3.3

Ingredients from packaging: Isodecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water (Agua), Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Paraffin, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Laurate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, PEG 30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 4/22/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I usually like Maybelline products but was very disappointed with this. The mascara looks good once you have it on but it flakes more than any mascara I have ever used. You have to constantly wipe flaked mascara off your face. I got so frustrated I threw the tube away after a few uses.

on 4/15/2012 5:31:00 PM

I have been using this product since it came out and I am in LOVE! It provides great definition in the lashes, make mine look 2x the length. I never wear fake lashes but I always am asked it I do! The mascara brush has a great way to distribute the product creating no clumping and it doesn't dry out too fast so you can apply another layer.

I purchased the waterproof version of this mascara and find it hard to come off after a full day of wear. If I wash my face at night I still find that there is residue in the morning. So that is probably the only con I have about this product.

I highly recommend this product if you have thin sparse eyelashes!

on 4/14/2012 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One rule of shopping is to never buy a product/item you ordinarily wouldn't buy simply because it is on sale. Breaking this cardinal rule, I picked up Define-a-Lash because it was a buck at Big Lots. If I had paid full price for it I probably would be irritated but since I only wasted a dollar, I'm not completely irritated - only slightly annoyed.

I tend to stick to higher end brands of mascara because drug store versions always leave me disappointed. Define-a-Lash is no exception. While I do like the applicator, I think the formula is just bad. It provided no real volume or length and it turned dry (in the tube) after only a few uses. I tried using it as an alternate mascara in an effort to save my higher end ones but it really wasn't even good for that. I think this mascara would be good for someone who really doesn't want length or volume and just wants to darken their lashes. I'm not one of those gals, so into this garbage this goes.

on 4/14/2012 5:58:00 PM

The Define-A-Lash mascara is nothing to write home about, in my experience using it. I have had two tubes, and I have found both times I have found that the mascara is too wet for my taste. My eyelashes are a bit short, and this mascara, if used very little, does a good job at adding some length and definition to them. The packaging is very cute, but the wand is too slender and breakable for me. Overall, a decent mascara.

on 4/11/2012 1:18:00 AM

used to be my go to mascara when i didn't wear mascara all that often
the brush used to be great, but with all the new brushes and mascaras around it isn't all that special or great anymore
it's sadly become one of those average mascaras

on 4/8/2012 12:56:00 PM

I'm Asian...so I have short lashes that droop down. Over the years I've been trying products like rapidlash to try to grow my lashes a bit longer..btw rapidlash works well lOL.. define a lash works for me because after curling and applying, my lashes will stay up and sturdy!. use waterproof though.. and it makes my lashes look longerr and it doesn't look clumpyy. I love this mascara...i'm sure there are better ones but it all has to do with your lashes too. if you have thick and full lashes it may clump...if you have thin spacy lashes it can look really good! try it outt

on 4/2/2012 5:21:00 AM

I'm not a fan of this mascara. When first used it applies okay (decent length, decent at separating, but does nothing for volume). But within as little as a month, it dries out like no other and turns into a giant clumpy, flakey mess! No thanks. Also, the wand is way too flimsy and can't build volume. Pass on this one.

on 3/18/2012 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This is a great mascara and comparable to full n soft by maybelline (which I couldn't find). Its just as good as any high end expensive mascara and you can wear on bottom lashes because it doesn't smudge.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've had better, I've had much worse, it's pretty damn cheap though. It seperates lashes okay but it's nothing special.

on 2/20/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about this mascara. It's amazing! Although it does work alot better when it has dried out some!