Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/30/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

this stuff is pretty awesome. it has the best coverage i have ever found in a powder. i have ultra oily skin, i have found powders that are helpful and work pretty well compared to most products, but this one is definitely the best. It controls oil, but isn't drying. not to mention the color selections actually match my skin (i have yellow undertones but am very pale in the winter and it is impossible to find anything thats not too pinky). actually, i wanna say this stuff matches my skin perfectly. definitely worth the money. not sure if you could make this function as a lighter more natural looking finish but I would imagine so since the coverage is definitely build able.

on 1/29/2012 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This leaves skin with a nice matte finish but if you have dry patches of skin, you'll need to moisturize well or this will only highlight the problem areas. I apply mine with a large kabuki brush to get an even finish. It lasts 4 hours for me without touching up but I do use a primer for better adherence.

edit 11/13/12: I was matched wrongly to 203. I have found the 207 is a perfect match w/ the right amount of yellow. I am an NC 30-37 for ref. I match to my neck and forehead for a seamless look which is why I chose to go darker. 209 would be way too dark for me.

on 1/22/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this after wearing Bare Minerals for years. I am pretty oily so I found that Bare Minerals got too cakey and by the end of the day oxidized so it had an orange cast. I was looking for something that would absorb oil but not oxidize. This has a super silky texture and gives great coverage. I wear this over Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturize and it gives me a great natural look. It conceals redness but if you had major blemishes you will definitely need to add concealer.

on 1/12/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this foundation! I use MUFE Mat Velvet+ (HG for me) and on top of it I just apply a little amount of Duo Mat. They work really well together. I have acne-prone and oily skin and they are the best products that I've ever used! Sometimes when I don't feel like wearing too much make up I just use a concealer and a thin layer of Duo Mat. As I said, I don't use much product everyday, I bought it on late august/september 2011 and only this week (january) I started to see the silver color from the pan. I recommend it! By the way, I'm NW15 and I wear shade nº 200 and it works fine, great coverage!

on 1/11/2012 7:22:00 PM

omg I am so upset that I have to write this review. If It didn't make me break out in HUGE pimples i'd be in LOVE with this product. it provides flawless full coverage that lasts ALL day. HOWEVER I refused to believe this was breaking me out, however, this was not the case. I am so upset about this I was in love with this product but beware if you have acne prone skin.

on 1/11/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This made me break out soooo bad!! I did a lot of research while looking for a powder foundation and finally decided on this. The color choices are awesome, the coverage is amazing, and I wanted to love this foundation. Literally the next day I broke out with really big red zits all over my cheeks. I used it for about three weeks and nothing changed :( It felt really itchy too.

on 1/11/2012 5:06:00 PM

I have this powder in shade 200, which is a pretty good match for my yellow-toned, NC15-ish skin. However my friend who is much cooler than me can wear it too, so I'd say it's a pretty neutral universal shade for fair skintones.
It has a medium coverage and mattifies well, quite long-wearing too. Looks really nice on oilier areas, but accentuates dry patches and cannot be layered (cakes), which is why I took a lippie off.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I put that I would buy this again but I am still up in the air about that, I agree with a previous review in which someone stated you must go in and get matched it is to difficult to do based on swatches I am around NC 40ish and wear bobbi brown warm natural or Iman Sand 4 stick foundation. I am naturally yellow tan. Well I was matched for 205 originally which was waay to peach on me otherwise the right tone. 203 is very good even in broad daylight and that's what I have been using for the past week. I feel that it can been a little thick looking on the face so I make sure I am well moisturized before hand and blend blend blend, I use my MAC fix if I need a little help blending. I like powder foundations, but my biggest issue is color match aside from MUFE, Lancome is the only brand that makes a duo tone that matches me well, I also use a pressed powder mineral custom blend from color custom cosmetics which I like and will continue to purchase I guess I am just greedy and want more then one powder foundation.

on 12/29/2011 4:30:00 AM

this has no oil control at all! by noon my t-zone and upper cheeks area are extremely shiny. not enough coverage for me, and it goes on a little cakey. good color choices though, 202 is almost a spot on for me. clever packaging.

on 12/29/2011 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG powder (at the moment, of course). I try my best to avoid powders because I find they tend to make my oily skin look cakey or they just slide around all day. I have horrible luck with almost all powders, but this one seems to give me the least trouble. I find that it works best when applied with a kabuki or a sponge and sort of pressed into the skin. Using a fluffy brush tends to shorten the amount of time I can wear it without feeling oily or like I need a touch-up. I also wear this on its own or over my foundation which consists of either Nars Sheer Glow or Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation.

Skin Type: I am NW20 and can wear this comfortably in both shades 200 and 201. I also have moderately oily and acne prong skin.

Lasting Power: As I said, I have moderately oily skin; primarily my cheeks and nose. However, this lasts a good 5-6 hours without touch-ups and I still have a semi-matte/natural finish. I work in a pizza shop so I am constantly near an oven and our kitchen can get pretty hot, but I never feel as if this powder is slipping around on my face.

Coverage/Texture: The coverage is pretty good for a powder, definitely not full coverage but that is to be expected. The texture is very smooth and finely milled. I also find that unless you get a horribly wrong color match, it will kind of blend/settle into your skin. This allows for a little bit of wiggle room when trying to find your color match.

Packaging: The packaging is alright. I wish the mirror on the compact was bigger, but I can live with a small mirror as long as the product stays the same.

Overall, this powder is amazing. I have repurchased it and will continue to do so until I get bored and want to try something new! The only problem I could possibly see with this powder is if you have either very dry or very oily skin. However, if you are somewhere in the middle then this powder is definitely worth a try!