Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/31/2012 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For years and years I stayed away from putting on foundations or makeup of any kind for fear that it will clog up my pores and make my acne-prone skin worse. However, lately my skin has started to look better, with only minor imperfections and discolorations, so I decided that a little light makeup wouldn’t hurt. After much research online, I finally opted for a powder foundation because I am pretty low maintenance and a powder compact seemed more convenient for me.

First of all, I am extremely impressed with this stuff. It matches my skintone perfectly. It looks very natural, with a semi-matte finish. It makes my skin look absolutely flawless without that heavy or cakey made-up look. I bought it online without prior swatching, and I think I was pretty lucky to get a colormatch which is perfect for my skin. I have since used it twice with the sponge included by sort of pressing the product into my skin instead of swiping it all over. I have oily and acne-prone skin, and this foundation does not break me out, but I also believe that good makeup removal products are essential to the prevention of breakouts and/or clogged pores. I figured if I was willing to pay so much for a makeup product, I would first have to invest in good makeup removal products too. I remove this with my Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil and Clarisonic and they both get everything off.

I have tested this out for 6 hours in Singapore’s humid climate, without any touch-ups and it looked great. After 3 to 4 hours I could see the oilies on my T-zone breaking through the makeup. However, it does not make me look like an oil-slick, instead it was a dewy kind of look. Overall, I am impressed with this foundation and would definitely repurchase if nothing else goes wrong.

on 1/30/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

this stuff is pretty awesome. it has the best coverage i have ever found in a powder. i have ultra oily skin, i have found powders that are helpful and work pretty well compared to most products, but this one is definitely the best. It controls oil, but isn't drying. not to mention the color selections actually match my skin (i have yellow undertones but am very pale in the winter and it is impossible to find anything thats not too pinky). actually, i wanna say this stuff matches my skin perfectly. definitely worth the money. not sure if you could make this function as a lighter more natural looking finish but I would imagine so since the coverage is definitely build able.

on 1/29/2012 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This leaves skin with a nice matte finish but if you have dry patches of skin, you'll need to moisturize well or this will only highlight the problem areas. I apply mine with a large kabuki brush to get an even finish. It lasts 4 hours for me without touching up but I do use a primer for better adherence.

edit 11/13/12: I was matched wrongly to 203. I have found the 207 is a perfect match w/ the right amount of yellow. I am an NC 30-37 for ref. I match to my neck and forehead for a seamless look which is why I chose to go darker. 209 would be way too dark for me.

on 1/22/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this after wearing Bare Minerals for years. I am pretty oily so I found that Bare Minerals got too cakey and by the end of the day oxidized so it had an orange cast. I was looking for something that would absorb oil but not oxidize. This has a super silky texture and gives great coverage. I wear this over Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturize and it gives me a great natural look. It conceals redness but if you had major blemishes you will definitely need to add concealer.

on 1/12/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this foundation! I use MUFE Mat Velvet+ (HG for me) and on top of it I just apply a little amount of Duo Mat. They work really well together. I have acne-prone and oily skin and they are the best products that I've ever used! Sometimes when I don't feel like wearing too much make up I just use a concealer and a thin layer of Duo Mat. As I said, I don't use much product everyday, I bought it on late august/september 2011 and only this week (january) I started to see the silver color from the pan. I recommend it! By the way, I'm NW15 and I wear shade nº 200 and it works fine, great coverage!

on 1/11/2012 7:22:00 PM

omg I am so upset that I have to write this review. If It didn't make me break out in HUGE pimples i'd be in LOVE with this product. it provides flawless full coverage that lasts ALL day. HOWEVER I refused to believe this was breaking me out, however, this was not the case. I am so upset about this I was in love with this product but beware if you have acne prone skin.

on 1/11/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This made me break out soooo bad!! I did a lot of research while looking for a powder foundation and finally decided on this. The color choices are awesome, the coverage is amazing, and I wanted to love this foundation. Literally the next day I broke out with really big red zits all over my cheeks. I used it for about three weeks and nothing changed :( It felt really itchy too.

on 1/11/2012 5:06:00 PM

I have this powder in shade 200, which is a pretty good match for my yellow-toned, NC15-ish skin. However my friend who is much cooler than me can wear it too, so I'd say it's a pretty neutral universal shade for fair skintones.
It has a medium coverage and mattifies well, quite long-wearing too. Looks really nice on oilier areas, but accentuates dry patches and cannot be layered (cakes), which is why I took a lippie off.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I put that I would buy this again but I am still up in the air about that, I agree with a previous review in which someone stated you must go in and get matched it is to difficult to do based on swatches I am around NC 40ish and wear bobbi brown warm natural or Iman Sand 4 stick foundation. I am naturally yellow tan. Well I was matched for 205 originally which was waay to peach on me otherwise the right tone. 203 is very good even in broad daylight and that's what I have been using for the past week. I feel that it can been a little thick looking on the face so I make sure I am well moisturized before hand and blend blend blend, I use my MAC fix if I need a little help blending. I like powder foundations, but my biggest issue is color match aside from MUFE, Lancome is the only brand that makes a duo tone that matches me well, I also use a pressed powder mineral custom blend from color custom cosmetics which I like and will continue to purchase I guess I am just greedy and want more then one powder foundation.

on 12/29/2011 4:30:00 AM

this has no oil control at all! by noon my t-zone and upper cheeks area are extremely shiny. not enough coverage for me, and it goes on a little cakey. good color choices though, 202 is almost a spot on for me. clever packaging.