August 1, 2014 | 1254 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by piquitofry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This made me break out soooo bad!! I did a lot of research while looking for a powder foundation and finally decided on this. The color choices are awesome, the coverage is amazing, and I wanted to love this foundation. Literally the next day I broke out with really big red zits all over my cheeks. I used it for about three weeks and nothing changed :( It felt really itchy too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by cherryred14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this powder in shade 200, which is a pretty good match for my yellow-toned, NC15-ish skin. However my friend who is much cooler than me can wear it too, so I'd say it's a pretty neutral universal shade for fair skintones.
It has a medium coverage and mattifies well, quite long-wearing too. Looks really nice on oilier areas, but accentuates dry patches and cannot be layered (cakes), which is why I took a lippie off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I put that I would buy this again but I am still up in the air about that, I agree with a previous review in which someone stated you must go in and get matched it is to difficult to do based on swatches I am around NC 40ish and wear bobbi brown warm natural or Iman Sand 4 stick foundation. I am naturally yellow tan. Well I was matched for 205 originally which was waay to peach on me otherwise the right tone. 203 is very good even in broad daylight and that's what I have been using for the past week. I feel that it can been a little thick looking on the face so I make sure I am well moisturized before hand and blend blend blend, I use my MAC fix if I need a little help blending. I like powder foundations, but my biggest issue is color match aside from MUFE, Lancome is the only brand that makes a duo tone that matches me well, I also use a pressed powder mineral custom blend from color custom cosmetics which I like and will continue to purchase I guess I am just greedy and want more then one powder foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

this has no oil control at all! by noon my t-zone and upper cheeks area are extremely shiny. not enough coverage for me, and it goes on a little cakey. good color choices though, 202 is almost a spot on for me. clever packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by chipperspud

This is definitely my HG powder (at the moment, of course). I try my best to avoid powders because I find they tend to make my oily skin look cakey or they just slide around all day. I have horrible luck with almost all powders, but this one seems to give me the least trouble. I find that it works best when applied with a kabuki or a sponge and sort of pressed into the skin. Using a fluffy brush tends to shorten the amount of time I can wear it without feeling oily or like I need a touch-up. I also wear this on its own or over my foundation which consists of either Nars Sheer Glow or Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation.

Skin Type: I am NW20 and can wear this comfortably in both shades 200 and 201. I also have moderately oily and acne prong skin.

Lasting Power: As I said, I have moderately oily skin; primarily my cheeks and nose. However, this lasts a good 5-6 hours without touch-ups and I still have a semi-matte/natural finish. I work in a pizza shop so I am constantly near an oven and our kitchen can get pretty hot, but I never feel as if this powder is slipping around on my face.

Coverage/Texture: The coverage is pretty good for a powder, definitely not full coverage but that is to be expected. The texture is very smooth and finely milled. I also find that unless you get a horribly wrong color match, it will kind of blend/settle into your skin. This allows for a little bit of wiggle room when trying to find your color match.

Packaging: The packaging is alright. I wish the mirror on the compact was bigger, but I can live with a small mirror as long as the product stays the same.

Overall, this powder is amazing. I have repurchased it and will continue to do so until I get bored and want to try something new! The only problem I could possibly see with this powder is if you have either very dry or very oily skin. However, if you are somewhere in the middle then this powder is definitely worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe how many foundations with SPF there are out there. I have sensitivity to most sunscreens and I can only use one on my face. So I like having foundation that's free of any SPF. For liquid I use Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation, which is perfection. But I like having a powder one for lazy days or when I'm in a rush. I found this over a year ago and liked the color range and simplicity. No botanical or random "beneficial" ingredients to mess with my sensitive skin. Just a nice old school powder foundation.

I use 200 (Beige Opalescent) and the color match is pretty good. It tends to look a little too flat though and really erases every bit of healthy tone from my face. I apply it with a brush, so it's not on thick enough to mask my face as much as it does. While it doesn't look heavy or caked on, it is so matte that it does appear obvious. For such a faint, light layer as I put on it should look very natural. Yet it looks slightly dull and powdery. It enhances any dryness I may have at any given time. It does claim to be matte (it's right there in the name), so I'm getting what's advertised in some respect.

It does provide a little evenness and some polish, which is all I need in a foundation. It doesn't cause any irritation and I've never broken out or had any other problems with it. No fragrance that I can detect either. The packaging is very basic, which is fine by me. I throw out the sponge that's included so I can't comment on that. Price is great for how much is included. I replace my foundations every year whether they're finished or not (for sanitary reasons), and I've never even been close to hitting pan on this one.

I wish MUFE offered a version with a more natural finish but in the meantime I'll keep repurchasing until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by kayleighac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this powder, I use it to set my CG Aquasmooth foundation. It's full coverage for me. I easily found my color match, it's pretty close to the color in the package. Makes my skin look soft and smooth, very long-lasting. Keeps oils at bay. I have dry, acne-prone skin and it does not seem to aggravate my skin at all. It's a bit on the pricey side, since I'm more of a drugstore makeup kind of girl, but I think it's worth it since this is my HG pressed powder. It usually lasts me about 6 months or more. A little goes a long way with this powder, you don't need much at all. I have no problem with the packaging, it's compact and I use the mirror all the time. I like how the sponge has its own little compartment underneath with holes for it to breathe. I have been consistently buying this product for about 3 years now and I will continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Fairuzrizky

Love it, as long as I use it I don't have any prblm with this product

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by arianazomg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I was in LOVE with this product, but if you have acne-prone/oily skin like me I suggest you stay away from this. When I first bought it I used it for 2 weeks like a dream, then came the nightmare. The 3rd week I broke out with little whiteheads! My first thoughts were that it was a coincidence and I'll just cover it up with more powder. Little did I know three days later my face was covered with cysts and white heads. Horrible, my face is still recovering. It's a awesome foundation, doesn't oxidize but I guess I wasn't lucky enough to have skin that wouldn't react so badly with this formula. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by greengoblin

When I realized that my MAC mineralize powder foundation was what was causing me to break out, I set out to find the perfect powder foundation for regular use, which had medium coverage making me look natural yet covering some of my acne scars, basically giving it a very natural no-make up kinda look. The associate at Sephora matched me up to the perfect shade.
I am not sure how long I have been using it, but I just hit pan. So I decieded to try something new and tried the Laura Mercier and in about 2 uses, went right back to this MUFE foundation. Love it!
Worth the money, lasts about 6-7 hours, provided medium coverage, dosent break me out. I fully recommend it!!