April 16, 2014 | 1919 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by injectlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this instead of the regular Diorshow as they were offering a mini eye shadow palette as a GWP. Very happy with it overall, makes my lashes long and black, and doesn't clump or make them feel like sandpaper.

If only the price wasn't such a rort in Aus!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by rallu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is almost as good as Diorshow but a little less volume and gets clumpy. The color is really black in the tube but u can't see the difference on the lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by sheepy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is no good. It has a high profile reputation but with low quality performance. The brush is awful, and it goes on clumpy and sloppy...... I really wanted to love it after hearing all the praise on reviews and from magazines, but it just didn't do it for me. It kind of reminds me of the Wet N Wild Megalash mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by beachxobunnii

I didnt think that mascara could ever be "too dark." But for my complextion, i can only use this for a night out. The famous brush is awesome, but after my tube runs out, i'll be sticking to strictly normal diorshow in black.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by oldfashionluvergirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I personally didn't like this mascara. When I started out on my mascara hunt, I tried this one, for a 16 year old girl I liked it so much! As time went on I found better products... Sorry Diorshow. Ladies if you really want a really expensive luxury mascara I guess you can get this one. But if you want to have those sexy long lashes, skip this one. Although it does give some a little sexiness to your lashes it's not really worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this with the regular Diorshow in a combo pack at Sephora for $18. I thought the price point was pretty reasonable, and a good way to try both without spending a ton of money on something I hated. I actually liked this a lot! I do want to say that I like a pretty dramatic lash... I always buy the darkest black in any mascara, and I like both length and volume. You will definitely need a lash comb, and I had to recurl my lashes between coats, but it looked fab! The mascara is very wet, but it builds well. I love the brush too. It's very full and holds a lot of product. The formula is a bit heavy (hence, the recurling between coats) but once it dries, my lashes stay curled. Is this mascara something you can just slap on? No. But if you put in a little effort, it looks amazing. That said, it's a bit expensive for something that requires so much effort. I will probably repurchase when I run out, and only use it on special occasions. I definitely recommend trying this in the combo pack Sephora has before you commit to a full-size tube.

EDIT: This stuff is so amazing I can't help myself and MUST use it every day. So much for special occasions, LOL! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by tgbech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A great mascara. I bought the waterproof one, and I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that I get a little mascara residue under my eyebrows. It's not much, but enough to annoy me a bit. Otherwise this is a very good mascara. Adds length and volume without looking fake/unnatural. Just looks like I have very long and thick eyelashes. Easy to apply, goes on like a dream. It's also easy to remove if you have a good eye makeup remover (I use Estee Lauder or Lancome).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsNorah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried so many mascaras and this one is the best so far. It does everything you wish a mascara would do. It adds length and volume without clumping. It actually separates the lashes in a beautiful way, but the down side is that it's very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by eenpee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My FAVOURITE mascara of all time!! Gives your lashes the length and volume it needs without clumps!!..:) The downside to this mascara is that its a bit pricey but its worth it! I personally like the waterproof one because the normal one does smudges easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In general, I like many of Dior's mascaras (Iconic, Diorshow WP, Extase), and Black Out was no exception. This mascara is probably nothing for the inexperiences user, who wants to be able to apply a layer haphazardly while running out the door, in the car, etc. I would rather say that it is a mascara which requires a bit of care and attention to get a really nice result. But when you actually take the time, it delivers very nice results. The brush is big, and can be clumsy, but once you've gotten used to it, it's not worse than other brushes. The formula is really black and wet, and in the beginning, I had to wipe the brush before application in order to avoid a clumpy mess. This mascara is probably not the best for adding p*rn star volume, but it adds really nice length, and that's what I'm after most of the time. The only negative thing is that it tends to smudge a bit as the day goes on, but nothing that can't be fixed.