September 20, 2014 | 973 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Katrinabobina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this cleanser has worked really well for me. I have been using FF for about a week, and although I usually don't review products this soon, I really felt the need to since this product has already done an absolutely fantastic job at eliminating/shrinking my pimple problems and drastically reducing redness. It is also easy to use compared to other Lush cleansers - just wet your hands, rub the bar between them, apply to a damp face, and rinse. Bam.

One thing users must be wary about is that FF does strip your skin a bit. I HIGHLY recommend using a moisturizer afterwards (which everyone, even oily skinned folk, should be doing as part of a good skincare routine, anyway *cough*). For my particular skin type, I've found FF works really well with Lush's Celestial moisturizer (and of course a toner of choice in between). Because it is so stripping, I also HIGHLY encourage users to not use FF every day, especially not twice a day... Unless you know your skin can take it. I like to alternate with Aquamarina or Ultrabland (also Lush products... I'm a little obsessed at the moment :] ). If I use FF at night, I always remove my makeup beforehand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

More than anything I was hoping to love LUSH Fresh Farmacy and for it to become my day-to-day cleanser. When I went in the store (for the first time a month ago), the only thing I was planning on purchasing was this. I ended up walking away with a $6 piece of FF, $5.50 sample of Aqua Marina, a lip scrub, and a small bottle ($8) of the tea tree toner. The only thing I'm still raving about is the tea tree toner. Except that it has parabens. Aaargh!
The FF started out working really well on my skin. It really cleansed, I felt like my face was instantly fresher, brighter- with that deep down clean every time I used this bar. It definitely dried out my skin, but I was ok with that since I am very oily and I have a plethora of nice moisturizers that solved that problem pretty easily.
Fast forward a week or so later after continued daily use, and my face had never looked worse. Okay, a few other products have made it break out this much in the past but this was really, really bad. I was getting deep cystic acne in places on my cheek for instance, that I never break out in. Frustrated yet determined, I continued to use this some more until my face had enough. I looked horrible. I've never had to wear more concealer in my life.
Bye-bye FF and my dream to make you mine forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by LaeLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Fresh Farmacy. I use quinoderm every day to keep my acne under control, however as it is BP based my skin can sometimes get a little red and sore. This bar is so soothing and makes my skin look pampered again :)
Price wise, it is a bargain as it lasts for about 4 months! I have been using this for 3 years now and if I run out my skin is unhappy within days.
To make my bar last longer, I slice it into lots of small pieces. I use one bit at a time and keep the rest carefully wrapped up in a dry drawer in my bedside table.
The shop assistant once suggested that this could be used as a face mask by mixing with a little water to form a paste and left on the face overnight. I think this would be a little too drying for my combination skin, but if you have very oily skin it might be worth trying!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have rather combination skin which is prone to drying on the cheeks/jawbone and oil in the t-zone. After reading all the great reviews I tried Fresh Farmacy and honestly wish I hadn't bothered. It's not awful, though it does dry out my dry patches even worse sometimes, creating awful flakiness. It doesn't seem to control the oil at all. My skin doesn't feel soft and smooth after washing, it just feels a bit taught and rough. Not one I can recommend, sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Jemma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin that is very fair and I'm quite prone to break outs. This cleanser is great for my skin! It makes it feel very soft and clean and left me with a lovely even, toned complexion. I use this cleanser once a day on average (twice if my skin isn't looking so good).

It is a little expensive - Compared to other cleansers. BUT it does last a long time, and you only have to cut off a small ammount of FF and it lathers up a large ammount. I also think the price, to me, isn't an issue as it works a lot better then other cleansers for my face and lasts a long time. As I stated before hand.
Overall, best cleanser I have tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lauren93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Very good cleaner, made my skin very soft, but everytime I'm using it I have to immediately after using it use my cream, cuz it making my skin also dry. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a miracle! I have oily/sensitive skin which is such a terrible combination! There's basically no way in clearing your skin OTC as they either do nothing or irritate your skin.

WELL this bar is so gentle while being so powerful at once! I would consider it a "solid cream". It starts melting into your fingers as soon as you apply a few drops of water, and it lathers too! I haven't found anything to work for my sensitive/oily skin other than one expensive product (and their ingredient sources are sketchy). I love how you can go to Lush and they are totally on it with their ingredients. You ask "whats the source of your propylene glycol?" and they will look it up and tell you "coconut"! Woo! 95% of products have corn derivitives somewhere in their ingredients, and I'm allergic

Oh, and another thing! This is cheap! If you take care of your bar, $10 worth lasts you 2 months! I don't understand why its listed $$$

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by maggiemari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Switching to Fresh Farmacy as my sole cleanser was the best thing I've ever done for my skin. Ever. This stuff is a freaking miracle. Even in just a couple weeks, my skin tone was more even than it had been in years, my chronically dull skin looked radiant, and I hardly have any kind of breakouts (the one time I broke out is when I started using this once a day and another cleanser the rest of the time - as soon asI switched back to just FF my face went back to being happy). I like the smell, very light and soothing. If my skin is in any way irritated, from the sun or whatever, I massage this into my face for about 60 seconds or so, and I can literally feel it soothing my skin. As long as this stuff exists I will never use another cleanser. The only downside of it is that is will dissolve if it stays wet. I keep it in a little tin next to my sink for non-shower cleansing, and after I wash my face I just leave the tin open until it's mostly dry, then close it to keep it dry. In the shower, I've found the best way to store it is in an empty small-sized LUSH black pot. It seems to stay dry better than in a tin. Anyway, if you have it in some kind of container and allow it to dry out if it seems to be getting too soggy, you shouldn't have any issues with it dissolving.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic! I've tried cleansers from Mario Badescu, Clean & Clear, Clinique, Boots, H2O, Noxzema, Dove, The Body Shop, and Proactiv (and I'm probably forgetting some others!) and nothing has even come close to this stuff. I have dry, acne-prone skin and I usually break out pretty severely about once a month with little breakouts in between. Ever since I started using this about 2 months ago I haven't broken out at all. The smell is interesting...at first it smells like Froot Loops and then it begins to have a really herbal smell but it's nothing unbearable at all. It's not too drying, definitely compared to some of the other cleansers I've used before. I also have considerably bad acne scaring and this has helped significantly along with Lush's Oatifix mask. The price is a bit steep but I bought a $9 chunk and it still about 3/4 of the original size so the price isn't a huge concern in my opinion.

Overall, this is the best cleanser I've ever used and I can't say enough great stuff about it! I will continue to purchase again and again and again...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by mhwise7

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. i asked the SA for a sample, and after using it ONCE, almost all of the pimples on my face had vanished! then,well....i lost the sample. oops. So, after freaking out looking for it, i went directly to the lush website and ordered some. I just got the huge bar yesterday, and used it immediately. Again, all the pimples on my face were GONE! absolutely amazing, better than any cleanser i have ever used before. Some say it is not a good value, but I use less than a pea size amount every time, so my $10 bar will last me months and months.
I use AOBS in the morning and this at night. Best skin of my life!