August 30, 2014 | 1642 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by LaeLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Fresh Farmacy. I use quinoderm every day to keep my acne under control, however as it is BP based my skin can sometimes get a little red and sore. This bar is so soothing and makes my skin look pampered again :)
Price wise, it is a bargain as it lasts for about 4 months! I have been using this for 3 years now and if I run out my skin is unhappy within days.
To make my bar last longer, I slice it into lots of small pieces. I use one bit at a time and keep the rest carefully wrapped up in a dry drawer in my bedside table.
The shop assistant once suggested that this could be used as a face mask by mixing with a little water to form a paste and left on the face overnight. I think this would be a little too drying for my combination skin, but if you have very oily skin it might be worth trying!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have rather combination skin which is prone to drying on the cheeks/jawbone and oil in the t-zone. After reading all the great reviews I tried Fresh Farmacy and honestly wish I hadn't bothered. It's not awful, though it does dry out my dry patches even worse sometimes, creating awful flakiness. It doesn't seem to control the oil at all. My skin doesn't feel soft and smooth after washing, it just feels a bit taught and rough. Not one I can recommend, sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Jemma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin that is very fair and I'm quite prone to break outs. This cleanser is great for my skin! It makes it feel very soft and clean and left me with a lovely even, toned complexion. I use this cleanser once a day on average (twice if my skin isn't looking so good).

It is a little expensive - Compared to other cleansers. BUT it does last a long time, and you only have to cut off a small ammount of FF and it lathers up a large ammount. I also think the price, to me, isn't an issue as it works a lot better then other cleansers for my face and lasts a long time. As I stated before hand.
Overall, best cleanser I have tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lauren93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Very good cleaner, made my skin very soft, but everytime I'm using it I have to immediately after using it use my cream, cuz it making my skin also dry. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a miracle! I have oily/sensitive skin which is such a terrible combination! There's basically no way in clearing your skin OTC as they either do nothing or irritate your skin.

WELL this bar is so gentle while being so powerful at once! I would consider it a "solid cream". It starts melting into your fingers as soon as you apply a few drops of water, and it lathers too! I haven't found anything to work for my sensitive/oily skin other than one expensive product (and their ingredient sources are sketchy). I love how you can go to Lush and they are totally on it with their ingredients. You ask "whats the source of your propylene glycol?" and they will look it up and tell you "coconut"! Woo! 95% of products have corn derivitives somewhere in their ingredients, and I'm allergic

Oh, and another thing! This is cheap! If you take care of your bar, $10 worth lasts you 2 months! I don't understand why its listed $$$

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by maggiemari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Switching to Fresh Farmacy as my sole cleanser was the best thing I've ever done for my skin. Ever. This stuff is a freaking miracle. Even in just a couple weeks, my skin tone was more even than it had been in years, my chronically dull skin looked radiant, and I hardly have any kind of breakouts (the one time I broke out is when I started using this once a day and another cleanser the rest of the time - as soon asI switched back to just FF my face went back to being happy). I like the smell, very light and soothing. If my skin is in any way irritated, from the sun or whatever, I massage this into my face for about 60 seconds or so, and I can literally feel it soothing my skin. As long as this stuff exists I will never use another cleanser. The only downside of it is that is will dissolve if it stays wet. I keep it in a little tin next to my sink for non-shower cleansing, and after I wash my face I just leave the tin open until it's mostly dry, then close it to keep it dry. In the shower, I've found the best way to store it is in an empty small-sized LUSH black pot. It seems to stay dry better than in a tin. Anyway, if you have it in some kind of container and allow it to dry out if it seems to be getting too soggy, you shouldn't have any issues with it dissolving.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic! I've tried cleansers from Mario Badescu, Clean & Clear, Clinique, Boots, H2O, Noxzema, Dove, The Body Shop, and Proactiv (and I'm probably forgetting some others!) and nothing has even come close to this stuff. I have dry, acne-prone skin and I usually break out pretty severely about once a month with little breakouts in between. Ever since I started using this about 2 months ago I haven't broken out at all. The smell is interesting...at first it smells like Froot Loops and then it begins to have a really herbal smell but it's nothing unbearable at all. It's not too drying, definitely compared to some of the other cleansers I've used before. I also have considerably bad acne scaring and this has helped significantly along with Lush's Oatifix mask. The price is a bit steep but I bought a $9 chunk and it still about 3/4 of the original size so the price isn't a huge concern in my opinion.

Overall, this is the best cleanser I've ever used and I can't say enough great stuff about it! I will continue to purchase again and again and again...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by mhwise7

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. i asked the SA for a sample, and after using it ONCE, almost all of the pimples on my face had vanished! then,well....i lost the sample. oops. So, after freaking out looking for it, i went directly to the lush website and ordered some. I just got the huge bar yesterday, and used it immediately. Again, all the pimples on my face were GONE! absolutely amazing, better than any cleanser i have ever used before. Some say it is not a good value, but I use less than a pea size amount every time, so my $10 bar will last me months and months.
I use AOBS in the morning and this at night. Best skin of my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by nikkinapalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fresh Farmacy was a nice and calming cleanser. My skin is super prone to flare ups and redness, and it was clean, soft, matte and white after using this. You can feel the tea tree oil killing acne if you've just poked and prodded your face. I hate that it has to be a bar of soap without any packaging, so I might switch to a different cleanser next time, but this stuff has a pretty fantastic forumla.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Neesacat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love ff, it was one of my first lush products and even if I hated the rest I would gobsck for this. It can be finicky to get used to it, as if it is mishandled it can melt fast. The best way I have found is to cut up the ff into small, about 3-5cm pieces and only take the piece I'm using into the shower. The rest I keep in an airtight bag in the medicine cabinet.

Soon as I'm done using it I put it out of the shower( usually on the top metal bar so I don't have to get out, this means I don't use it us quick.

I've repurchased this 10+ times and will continue to do so, it's helped clear up my skin which is always a bit oily and in my teenage years was very acne prone. I only use it for face and neck, and my boyfriend has been converted to ff as well as it helps his control back acne. 100% recommended