July 29, 2014 | 1896 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Oh how I love this!
I have different uses uses for this:
1. AS A FOUNDATION: I don't like a full coverage most days. But if I did, or if I went out and wanted something that covers and lasts all night, then this is my choice! Of course you can apply it heavily, but I find that even if you thin it out (either by just using a little bit with a brush for your entire face, or by using a damp sponge), you still get amazing coverage BUT that looks natural, and not cakey! I haven't found a whole lot of full coverage foundations that do that. It also applies smoothly and not streaky, and I find it easy to buff in. Sure, because it's matte and covers so well, it can make you look a bit flat, so you have to compensate by using other products to give some dimension to your face.
2. AS A CONCEALER FOR SPOTS/ BLEMISHES/ REDNESS: My preferred use! This is amazing as a concealer, and I really feel like you don't need to get their Stick foundation if you have this one. It covers everything easily, and most days I find that if I use a tiny bit of this on my redness and spots, I don't need to use foundation at all. I don't powder it either and it stays up anyway!
3. AS AN UNDEREYE CONCEALER: If you find that your circles are really dark and nothing works, try this! BUT - don't use it on its own, as it can be a bit heavy and drying. Instead, mix it with a tiny bit of a lighter light-reflective concealer or a creamier corrector - it works wonders!
4. TO COVER TATTOOS: I have a small colour tattoo and this covers it with no problems, if I need it. Just put a thin layer of this on, then a thin layer of setting powder, then another thin later of this, then another thin layer of setting powder, and so on until you are happy with the results. The secret is thin layer that are built up, so that it really lasts :)
ENJOY!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by TeacherCarrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vichy teamed up with Dermablend in order to make this a makeup every day people can use for their face, not just their body. It is very fully coverage and is meant for people with skin discoloration disorders, acne scarring, and such...it's not meant for people with minor redness or pimples.

I finally found this in some stores nearby and am so thankful! I fit the needs for this makeup exactly. I actually use this foundation as more of a spot concealer b/c my whole face (although it feels like it) is not not covered in discoloration. It blends well with my skin color, even though it seemingly looks a shade too dark out of the bottle. I wear it over my MFE foundation. It lasts all day and keeps things hidden that my medium coverage foundation doesn't by the end of the day.

I am extremely self-conscious about my melasma and this stuff makes me feel more confident...finally! $29.50 seems high, but for what it does and the quality of the makeup itself...it is completely worth it and inexpensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by icytiger8888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have gone through 2 tubes of this foundation. My primary use for this product is NOT the same as others. I have never used it on my face, Instead, I work as a Hooters Girl and my tattoos are REQUIRED to be covered. Regular foundation does not hold a hair to the staying power of derma-blend.

Yes, over time this foundation will wear a little bit in Opacity however it is definatley still there after the end of a 14 hour shift! This is the number one recommended foundation by H.O.A for tattoo coverage and it works better than anything else! Expensive, but does it's job.

Be warned when picking a shade that this foundation dries about 2 shades darker.

I think a lot of people are using this as an every-day foundation. It's not. It's similar to stage make-up and thus is going to be VERY HEAVY. Mask-like is a good way to explain it. This is red-carpet style makeup.

I have a full back-piece that i cover EVERY-DAY and I LOVE this foundation.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by tigerangel9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best foundation on earth !! The only bad thing is shade selection.very limited .I use nude, but in winter it is to dark for me ..tried the opal but it is much to light.. I resort to purchasing both ,,expensive but there is NO better foundation so I blend them together .It makes for a perfectly flawless base,.a little goes a lot farther than any other product on the market and I have tried most .I would reccomend this product to anyone who like myself baked in the sun with baby oil.I know bad move but this base hides my redness and the very obvious large veins near my temples.. Have fun everyone..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is unlike anything else on the market, and I mean that in the best way. The color range is rather limited, and I've found it has slightly cool undertones. I'm fair and somewhat neutral, but this still works for me. While one shade works well enough, combining two shades will make a perfect match; I mix Opal and Nude. It leaves a satin finish - somewhere between matte and dewy. There is no sheen. The lasting power - at least in the heat/humidity of Miami - isn't the best when used alone. The coverage is remarkable when first applied, but it slides off by the end of the day. I wouldn't recommend using this with primer or moisturizer, as that will only quicken the slide. That said, it is possible to make this last 16+ hours as the package suggests, but it requires a little more effort: I first combine the Vichy Dermablend Foundation with MUFE Full Cover with my fingertips, then I set everything with MUFE HD powder, and spray my face liberally with Skindinavia's No More Shine. Together, it's flawless, natural-looking, AND bulletproof - but since it requires 3 additional products to arrive at that point, it's clearly not perfect. I suspect this foundation might hold up better in a cooler, dryer climate. By itself, it wears like a second skin and does not cake no matter how much it's layered - if nothing else, this makes a great undereye concealer because it never creases. It's highly-pigmented, so I recommend using sparingly at first and layering only as needed. I prefer this foundation in liquid form to the stick version. This stuff is just one of those staple foundations that everyone should own, but it definitely takes a little experimentation at first.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kellykaz

I have some issues with hyperpigmentation and acne scarring and was looking for something to cover those issues, this foundation does just that.

It offers really good coverage, that's buildable and doesn't clog my pores. I apply it with a makeup wedge dampened with a light mist of thermal spring water. I find this method keeps the foundation looking the most natural and doesn't make it cakey. I use shade 15- opal and it seems to blend in quite well with my skin. I paid $30 for the 30ml tube which was quite expensive to me at first, but a little goes a long way with this foundation.

Now, onto the things that aren't so great;

I have super oily skin, even when using a primer and powder to set, it doesn't last as long as I would like and it transfers onto my shirts and phone if I'm not careful.

My skin is sometimes flaky and this seems to grab onto those areas and make them more noticeable.

With that said, I most likely will purchase this again when I run out. I have tried other foundations but I keep coming back to this one because I like the coverage and I think it looks the best on my skin of anything I've tried so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by anamaria25

it is the worst foundation ever

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by FrankieVercammen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation for covering up blemished skin. I use no 25 Nude for my face and No 15 Opal on my neck and blend it well underneath the jawline. It gives me perfect coverage. The trick is to apply it with a brush. I also apply a small coat of Cicaplast (from La Roche-Posey) as a primer, and find that the Dermablend foundation sits really well on it. After 6-7 hours I might need a touch-up on the blemishes. It is a great product for a reasonable price. I will definitely buy it again, also if I would not need it anymore to cover blemishes, because it covers dark under-eye circles and any other discolorations very well, so it makes the need for a concealer creme / pencil obsolete.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by electroheart

This is my favourite foundation/concealer in one. I've used both the stick and the liquid, and really like them. I have acne-scarred, acne-prone skin and nothing has ever covered it like dermablend. I was so happy when I tried this for the first time that I thought I might cry, because I had resigned myself to heavy layers of concealer, foundation and powder for a lifetime. It will literally cover anything. I experimented covering my wrist tattoo, it worked!

A little goes a long way with this stuff, so to avoid looking like you're wearing a mask of foundation, build it up little by little. On good skin days, I used a light foundation or tinted moisturiser all over, and then use dermablend in Opal (lightest shade) or Nude (a little darker) on the problem areas. On bad skin days, I used it all over. When I get a little heavy handed with it (on REALLY bad skin days) it can look a little mask-like, and it doesn't seem to have any mattifying qualities at all.

It doesn't look cake-y, doesn't dry out and doesn't flake off. But it DOES rub off - on a lot of things - your phone, your top, your boyfriend's top, his face, anyone you meet and kiss on the cheek / hug, etc...I think using the translucent setting powder might solve this, but I have yet to try it.

For concentrated application to problem areas, I think that it might be best to use the stick foundation with a small brush. But if you have a faceful of problems like me, purchase both!

The biggest downside to this product is that the packaging is horrendously boring. I hope they glam it up a little soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Belle145

I absolutely adore this product. I have a couple of beauty spots on my face which I hate, they're a lot darker than the rest of my face and I could never find a product which provided enough coverage to cover them - until I purchased this foundation! It is absolutely amazing, once you put it onto the skin you really can't see anything underneath. I've never seen a product like this!

I use this foundation as a concealer over my spots because I'm not really into a full coverage look. I'm not really a fan of using it under my eyes because personally I prefer a lighter colour to brighten my under eye area but on my spots it's amazing. I dab a little on the back of my hand and then use the Real Techniques buffing brush to buff it onto my skin and it leaves it with the best finish, definitely second skin. I've tried to dab it on with my fingers like I would with normal concealers but it doesn't sit too great on the skin when applied like that, I think because it is supposed to be used as a foundation but the buffing motion works perfectly.

I'm NC37 and I use the shade 45 Gold and it is EXACTLY my skin tone. I'm not sure how long lasting it is to be honest, I find that it wears off after only a few hours or fades in colour but I'm pretty sure that's because I don't use a finishing powder. I'll purchase one and hopefully edit this review soon! I bought this from Boots for £15.50 which I think is a very good price considering I only use it as a concealer so hopefully it should last me at least a year.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No