April 16, 2014 | 1403 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!! So happy I found it!!! I have always been super self conscious about my face, not anymore!!! I have very uneven skin tone, acne scarring, and lately just burned my face. So i was in need of something with extreme coverage, after checking online I found that here in Canada this was the best one carried by Shoppers drug mart. I was a little hesitant on something so covering, I thought it would look really cakey. Not at all!!! This foundation is amazing! Covers so beautifully, I use a sponge for best application, you only need a little too, and my skin looks beautiful and even! I am never using another foundation again, I finally found my HG foundation. It covered the burn like magic, I am shocked at the bad reviews this is getting, I highly recommend it . Bought in Nude, I am a LLL girl, cool tone :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by fm19901

I purchased this foundation about a month ago because I have read tons of reviews and watched many videos on youtube about it and because I needed the coverage everyone was talking about...!However, I'm not at all impressed with this product!First of all, it says that it is suitable for all skin types..Well, I have combinational skin and it dries it so much that after and hour or so, my skin looks really cakey and especially where I have acne scars or pimples! Secondly, it says that it lasts up to 16hours!Are you kidding me???After a couple of hours it's gone!And I really don't touch my face all the time or wipe it off in any other way...Moreover, the packaging is not that good,because when I put it on my fingers it always slips more than I want...The fact that they have so small range of colors made it impossible for me to much my tone exactly...Well,to be fair the price was ok,since I bought it online for about 15-16$ and it is ok to use as a concealer in the eyes area...I really don't think that I would buy this foundation again...Maybe it's not for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by nataliemakeup4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have found my everyday foundation, after trying foundation from several brands like estee lauder,maybelline,max factor...it is a good product for it's price (17 euros) but like any foundation it does have cons and pros.. i like using this foundation mostly because it's not that expensive,and it can be compared to high end brands ,overall it's an ok product,but im still in the hunt for that perfect foundation for my skin,till i''ll find it,i wil use this one.
so,
the PROS:
-very nice coverage i would say medium to high,almost high,it's buildable you can build this to full extreme coverage but i wouldn't recommand that because it will feel heavy on the skin
-hides my acne spots,discolouration on the skin well
-it doesnt have any smell,no fragance
-it has spf 35
-it gives a nice flawless finish(i use the nude 25 i would say it has slightly beige undertone now because they have changed the formula,the old was very yellowish i had to aply a lot of bronzer and blush to avoid looking like a zombie)
-it evens out ur skin tone
-it can be used even as a concealar hides dark circles well
-it lasts decently i would say 8 hours maximum,not 16 hours how it claims tough
-if u don't have acne,small bumps,pimples on ur skin ,you will love the airbrushed look it's giving
-it doesnt have parabaens,it's non comedogenic,alergy tested
-the price is ok for me

CONS:
-it wears off quite easilly if you touch ur face or hug somebody it is very transferable
-it doesnt lasts that much but i can cope with that
-if you stay in the sun it can melt on ur face
-kinda feels a litlle heavy on the skin
-i dont like the packaging it looks cheap

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by monicabg

i bought this in sand, itīs a nice colour but the texture is heavy and once you put it on, it looks nice and corrects imperfections but after 3 or 4 hours of use it looks oily and pores look noticeable. I donīt like it very much. I prefer cs revlon combination/oily or lasting performance by max factor. also rimmel lasting finish is much better and stays all day or at least 8hours. I am 48 with combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very good value for money. It is a super-pigmented foundation. I only need the tinyest amount to cover problem areas. It's very good covering scars and and pigmented spots, but not very good with dry patches or smoothing out you skin. Also I would not use this all over my face. I think it would look quite fake.

I have to use a setting powder with this otherwise it looks too fake and it will melt off.

Also the tube is a bit messy, everytime after opening there is loads of product in the lid.

But still alltogether a great product. Good to use on problem areas only!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by amazingrahela

my first opinion about this foundation is that it has an amazing full coverage...i have terrible damaged skin with acne scars,large pores,acne and terribile oily skin and this foundation covers perfectly everything ,it gave me flawless skin but only in the first half of hour...after an half of hours it simply comes of ,it sink's into my pores and fine lines and it's extremly transferable..if you lay your head on a white or coloured pillow it will come off and transfer easily,even if you kiss with you'r bf you will colour his nose very nicely...lol...if u stay in the sun it's just melting down from you're face and oxidez fast,that's strange because it says it has spf 35 it should be strong enough to heat...so after a few hours of wearing this foundation ,even if you didn't do nothing ,neither sleeping or sitting in the sun,you're face will look dirty ,like a mask,caked on,and you have to wash it down and reaply it to make you're skin again flawless with this foundation...another important thing for you to know :DO NOT wear the foundation alone on you're face because you will look dead ,like a zombie,especially if you wear the NUDE tone because it has very yellowish undertone..wear it with a blush or something....i simply hate the lack of tones,ONLY 5 TONES !!!,it s just very hard to find the right suitable for you...i have medium skin,and the most light one its too light for me and the one i have ,the NUDE tone,it's too yellowish....buy this foundation if you have normal skin ,if you have oily skin you better avoid it...what i liked about this foundation is that it doesnt give's you breakouts and thats a big plus...so my overall rating will be 3 stars with indulgence
btw sorry for my english im not a native speaker i hope you understanded something

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dermablend by Vichy is a nearly full coverage foundation that's easy to blend into the skin for a flawless finish. I'm not sure whether this foundation had shade matching properties or what, but my purchased shade 25 Nude was a tad dark in the tube and blended seamlessly into my NC25 skin. 25 Nude is a perfect colour for my olive-toned Asian skin, and has no ashy pink undertones (thank goodness).

This foundation provides buildable, natural-looking coverage. Difficult to make cakey unless you have dry patches/ultra dry skin. This also doubles as a good under-eye concealer and can be easily used on blemishes with a small brush. This has a great light feeling on the skin and is not nearly as thick as Revlon ColorStay. This product did not oxidize (turn orange) on my skin. Very creamy and even finish. I apply this with my fingers and prefer it that way vs. MAC 190 foundation brush, which used too much product. Apply this to one area of the face at a time as it sets quickly. Super pigmented...still amazed as how Vichy made it so full coverage and sheer-feeling at the same time.

Packaging is a plastic tube. Would prefer a pump for the aspect of hygiene, but not a dealbreaker. Easy to control product amount and to get the very last bits out at the end. Contains 30mL and the price is right at $30 CDN. I purchased this at Shopper's.

This product wears very well, given that it does have heavier coverage. Significant lasting power from morning until night. You will not have the same looking finish from application until removal, but it does wear down very evenly, unlike other foundations that wear patchily. Will definitely need a setting powder as this has the tendency to start looking a little shiny around 4 hours in (I like a matte finish). However, that was to my expectation.

Can't say enough good things. Converting to this permanently after using ColorStay for 2 years.

EDIT: I've started to use this more as a concealer, not all over the face. Still just as good. Just noting that the coverage may be too heavy/cakey for all-over use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by chlewie

This product is definitly a product I would buy again.
The packaging looks a little cheap but compare to ones like estee lauder double wear wich is a glass bottle and wich you cannot squeez the product out,I would say it is good because it is travel friendly and there is no problem getting the last bit of the product out by cutting the tube.
This foundation is pretty thick when you first get it off the tube and some people said that it can look caky, BUT, the key is to warm it up between your hands and then path it on your skin and either rub it with your finger or use a brush. I used to use a brush with it when I first started using it and I am more of a brush girl, but with this foundation, I find it gives a better finish when used with fingers. FLAWLESS finish! The first time I used it I was in vacation and I puted it on and my father, who never noticed anything concerning makeup and beauty products asked me if I did anything with my skin because he tought my skin looked better than usual. FUNNY! That is something that really made me think this was a good product in the first place but what made me love this product even more is the fact I don't break out from that foundation. My skin is rather sensitive and I often get redness but this covers redness without adding to it and it never gives me more pimple or blackheads.
This foundation really is one of the best out there and I definitly recommend it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonster604

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great product. its full coverage, but is fairly light weight.
moisturize the skin well, and use a very small amount.
it gives a flawless natural look. I have asian skin, i purchased #25 in nude.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very lightweight but at the same time very pigmented, full coverage foundation. You need such a small amount, which sounds like the most overused phrase, except this time it's actually true. My skin is combo, with a slightly oily t zone. On me, it lasts the whole day, sometimes the whole night too ( if I'm not in the condition to take it off before bed, but shhhhhhh! this doesn't happen often).
I set mine with Ben nye translucent powder which does not add color, only longevity.
I have shade 35, in Mac terms I am approx NW30. On me it's about an 85% perfect match. I say 85 because it's about 15% darker than my own skin tone but I definitely make up for it with the amount of bronzer I apply on top.So I'm content. 25 was too light. Very much recommend!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No