September 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Mascara - Dejavu (Imju) - Fiberwig Lash Knockout

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by soxie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband bought this for me in Japan - it was the 2nd best seller there.

Pros - absolutely not chance of clumping, it's just not a possibility. If you keep on building it up, it adds heaps of length, while looking slightly glossy.

Cons - adds NO volume. Whatsoever.

Overall, it's a great no fuss mascara that you can throw on without having to worry about clumping or flaking, but if you want volume, this is not for you. It is good for lower lashes though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by mer0npan

I really really do like this product. It was my first mascara of its kind (one that tubes around your eyelashes) and it did everything that it said it would. I did find the consistency of it a little dry and so it took quite a bit of time to coat properly and build the product up to what I wanted. BUT it never flaked and I never had a problem with it's waterproof-ness. I used it all the time.

However as I have found the Kevyn Aucoin mascara, I don't think I'll go back to this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by missygaga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to use this product as I had heard great things about it. I love my mascara....and lots of it! I was so disappointed when the product barely coated my lashes after about 10 swipes over my lashes. Gave a slight bit of lenght, but no volume at all. Only neat benefit to this mascara was that when you washed it off, the black came off in little tubules, like they were coated right over your eyelashes. Came off well, and left no black smudging under your eyes
I would not buy this again !!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I purchased the version sold at Sephora which has a curved shaped brush, and goes by the name d.j.v. beautenizer Fiberwig LX. I find it absolutely great for two main reasons: it lengthens, and it is completely smudgeproof. I have sparse thin short asian lashes that naturally point to the ground. The curved brush helps to push the lashes upwards into a slight curl, and it is also really good at catching all the lashes. My eyes usually smudge all mascaras and eyeliners (even those that are labeled "waterproof" and "smudgeproof"), but I never have to worry about this with this mascara. My complaints about this product is that it doesn't do much for volume, and it can be a bit tricky to use. I highly recommend watching the how-to video on their website (http://www.djv-beautenizer.com/usa/) for application tips. It takes some time and patience to get the best results. I also find it helps to apply a thin coat at the base of lashes after curling in order to hold the curl better. Removal of the product is ridiculously easy! No need for any sort of rubbing or eye makeup remover! As I shower, I just place my index finger across my eyelashes against my cheek, and slide the little "tubes" right off. I dislike the fact that this mascara is pricey here in North America. I believe it only retails for approximately 14$ usd in Asia!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by annixa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so stoked getting this mascara after hearing so many wonderful things about it from friends, but gosh I was disappointed..
It didn't give me any length or thickness at all. I don't know if there were something wrong with the packaging or something, but I really didn't like it at all.
The only good thing about it was that it was so very easy to wash off.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very suprised to find my lashes staying kind of thin and as I brushed product onto my eyelashes. I could not seem to build volume, but i did manage to lose the effect of my curling by the time I was done trying. I suppose If you like a little bit of length but to keep lashes thin and seperated, you might like this mascara but I didn't like this mascara at all. Taking it off made me feel like I was tugging on my lashes, which I also didn't appreciate much.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by kimchichick

i had such high hopes for this, but i have to say, it was a NIGHTMARE come true!! first off, it didn't give me any volume or length. i put on coats after coats, hoping i'd see the reason why so many ppl love this, but i just didn't see any length, or volume. i wouldn't have minded it so much had it not flaked and stung my eyes like hell!! right now my eyes are still red and burning, even though i took the mascara off two hours ago.. for those of you who found this too be irritating and flaking, try L'oreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara - THAT one is a winner, and a true fiber mascara that will actually give you results!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by petitbijou

My friend swears by this mascara so I had to give it a shot. I like the brush size, very easy to apply to those inner lashes. I noticed the volume and length right away but sadly when used alone, it takes out all the curl which totally sucks. However, I like how it doesn't smudge at all and is quite easy to take off with a makeup remover. I'll use this again, but probably as the last coat to prevent smudge.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by cloudzz

I have tried quite a number of mascaras before I tried this one: Lancome Definicil, Clinique high impact, Diorshow, Buxom, CG LB, MAC zoom lash, Estee Lauder double wear, etc. I have to say that this is the best mascara at lengthening. It does not smudge, but it comes off easily as little fibres with makeup remover. It does not clump; I put on layers after layers until I have my desired look. I LOVE this mascara. The brush is also very easy to use to get to all your lashes. However, if you're looking for volume, then this is not the one for you. It barely gives any volume. Be patient with this mascara. Do multiple coats and you'll be surprised by the result. It's also cheaper than the high-end mascaras.
BTW I got this from Japan with the smaller version called TinySniper. Don't buy the small one. It's indeed tiny and really awkward to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was one of my favorite mascaras until I dropped it in the toilet. Needless to say, I didn't use it again. It worked wonders on my lashes without smudging or flaking. Right now I'm using the Falsies and when that's all dried up, I will return to the fiber wig. Thank you Sephora employees who helped me discover this awesome mascara.