November 20, 2014 | 1878 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lip Stain

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by atsiong1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: great lasting power, marker-like tip allows you to put color right where you want it

Cons: weird colors, lip balm does not retract and snaps off because it is way too soft

I have fair skin and the colors are fairly bright, so I bought what appeared to be the two palest colors: Passion and Twightlight. Both shades are very *pink* and I have yellow undertones; Twightlight, the one I liked the best, makes my teeth look yellow.

I was disappointed by the colors/poor quality balm, but if you are going to use it here are my tips: exfoliate your lips first to acheive an even coat of color, and substitute the balm it comes with with your own favorite lip balm (it will work/feel better).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by schouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the staying power on this is great, but i didn't realize how bad my lips needed exfoliation! the moisturizer works lovely, but mine broke at the first use because i held it at an angle and gave it apparently too much pressure, so packaging problem there...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by helicopter99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this line of lip stains, except for one major flaw: the gloss end doesn't retract, and it breaks off incredibly easily. It doesn't stop me from buying and using it, but it is a hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Emmaluvsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had never used a lipstain before this, so I just wanted to try it out. The color is fabulous (I bought 'passion'), and long lasting. I also loved the fact that is has a lip balm, it felt very natural and barely there. Overall, I would definitely buy this product again, it's great! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by GraziellaB

This product was a major disappointment. The first time I applied it, it was great, I loved the subtle colour it gave to my lips. But after that, it hardly showed up on my lips, because it had dried out even though I had kept it upside down as per instructions. Also, the 'moisturising' balm I found was very drying! Personally, for 7.99, I think that's a waste for a product that does not work. Won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Dee2007

Really happy with this. Can't believe it's lasting power. Plan on buying another shade when I can go to a store that has testers! A tiny little bit of colour dotted over the balm is great for a bit of daytime glamour and then you can build it up and up into a nighttime look. A clear gloss on it should look very good! Very happy, think I'll be buying this for a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ashton

So I've been on the hunt for a good lip stain and so far....I haven't found one. Revlon's was no exception. The stain is in felt-tip pen form and comes with a chap stick-like primer on the other end.
While I am usually a fan of Revlon products, this one didn't cut it. The first time I used the stain I liked it. Then, after a few times of using it, it dried up. It also is very drying to the lips even with the primer and chap stick underneath. I had high hopes but it didn't work out.
Still searching for "Mr. Right",

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by kellor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this product. The color range is wonderful and the pigmentation is very good. I have purchased the colors Passion, Flame, and Frenzy and I plan to buy every other color. Passion is a gorgeous pink that can be wore sheer for a light flush or layered for a dramatic hot pink. Flame is a bold red with orange undertones and Frenzy is a great mixture of pink and red; it's quite berry.

I have read people complaining about the application being drying and that the precision is poor. Not true. Before putting on the lip stain, apply a thin layer of the balm to the lips. This will allow for a smooth surface for the stain to glide on and sink into. It will be very easy to touch up the lip stain throughout the day with this technique. Also, it's best to store the product with the lip stain end facing down so that the marker-like tip won't dry out.

I believe that these are the best quality Drug Store lip stains and hope that Revlon will not being discontinuing the product for some time. These colors will compliment any skin tone and wear wonderfully.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

At first I bought this in frenzy because I wanted another cute lip stain, but it was horrible. It would settle in my lip crevices. Then it dried out really quickly. I stored it with the lid kept on tight, but not upside down. Personally don't think that consumers should have to go to drastic lengths just to keep a product working for more than 2 weeks, the company should formulate it better. Will not repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

I have this in "frenzy". It's a pretty color, a pinky ruby-ish red. But it's too much of a pain to apply. I have to "color in" my lips, like we all did in kindy. So I end up going over some parts more then others, and it all looks very patchy and weird in the end. Didn't last very long either unfortunately, before it starts to wear off. It had begun to fade in sections after less then an hour. Will not repurchase.