August 21, 2014 | 1507 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lip Stain

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by helicopter99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this line of lip stains, except for one major flaw: the gloss end doesn't retract, and it breaks off incredibly easily. It doesn't stop me from buying and using it, but it is a hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Emmaluvsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had never used a lipstain before this, so I just wanted to try it out. The color is fabulous (I bought 'passion'), and long lasting. I also loved the fact that is has a lip balm, it felt very natural and barely there. Overall, I would definitely buy this product again, it's great! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by GraziellaB

This product was a major disappointment. The first time I applied it, it was great, I loved the subtle colour it gave to my lips. But after that, it hardly showed up on my lips, because it had dried out even though I had kept it upside down as per instructions. Also, the 'moisturising' balm I found was very drying! Personally, for 7.99, I think that's a waste for a product that does not work. Won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Dee2007

Really happy with this. Can't believe it's lasting power. Plan on buying another shade when I can go to a store that has testers! A tiny little bit of colour dotted over the balm is great for a bit of daytime glamour and then you can build it up and up into a nighttime look. A clear gloss on it should look very good! Very happy, think I'll be buying this for a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ashton

So I've been on the hunt for a good lip stain and so far....I haven't found one. Revlon's was no exception. The stain is in felt-tip pen form and comes with a chap stick-like primer on the other end.
While I am usually a fan of Revlon products, this one didn't cut it. The first time I used the stain I liked it. Then, after a few times of using it, it dried up. It also is very drying to the lips even with the primer and chap stick underneath. I had high hopes but it didn't work out.
Still searching for "Mr. Right",

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by kellor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this product. The color range is wonderful and the pigmentation is very good. I have purchased the colors Passion, Flame, and Frenzy and I plan to buy every other color. Passion is a gorgeous pink that can be wore sheer for a light flush or layered for a dramatic hot pink. Flame is a bold red with orange undertones and Frenzy is a great mixture of pink and red; it's quite berry.

I have read people complaining about the application being drying and that the precision is poor. Not true. Before putting on the lip stain, apply a thin layer of the balm to the lips. This will allow for a smooth surface for the stain to glide on and sink into. It will be very easy to touch up the lip stain throughout the day with this technique. Also, it's best to store the product with the lip stain end facing down so that the marker-like tip won't dry out.

I believe that these are the best quality Drug Store lip stains and hope that Revlon will not being discontinuing the product for some time. These colors will compliment any skin tone and wear wonderfully.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

At first I bought this in frenzy because I wanted another cute lip stain, but it was horrible. It would settle in my lip crevices. Then it dried out really quickly. I stored it with the lid kept on tight, but not upside down. Personally don't think that consumers should have to go to drastic lengths just to keep a product working for more than 2 weeks, the company should formulate it better. Will not repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

I have this in "frenzy". It's a pretty color, a pinky ruby-ish red. But it's too much of a pain to apply. I have to "color in" my lips, like we all did in kindy. So I end up going over some parts more then others, and it all looks very patchy and weird in the end. Didn't last very long either unfortunately, before it starts to wear off. It had begun to fade in sections after less then an hour. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by sefis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found these on sale for half off so I bought one then went back and bought 4 more colors the next day. On one of the five tubes the balm thing fell off when I was opening it, I hit it with my fingernail so I'm not sure if it was my fault or if the balm was dry as some other people have said.

Most people who are complaining about them drying out quickly probably aren't storing them correctly, the cap must be on tight and you should always store these kind of things upside down (ie felt tip down) so that the ink will not settle on the other side.

Having the balm thing on there is pretty stupid really, considering how long these last you will not need to reapply the stain so its better to leave it at home and just carry a seperate balm. Despite the flawed packaging and cheesy vampire theme, I really like these stains, they have great staying power and the applicator works very well, I like the fact that the stain doesn't flow too fast. Some others have complained about having to go over an area more than once to get the full color development, but I like that feature as it allows you to shade areas of your lip to make them look fuller, or to just lightly apply for less intense color on certain days.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by ranniie

I opened a brand new tube of this, and on my first use I found that it had pretty much already dried out!! Such a regret and waste of money. Don't buy it.