September 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lash Treatments - RevitaLash

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by VSM1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My doc gave me Lumigan to put on my lashes. Its the same active formula as this only normal price. He gave me a sample and I have used it for 4 weeks now but nothing. I read it will take 7 weeks for lashes to grow. Please dont pay for this brand. Ask your eye doc for a sample and use ONLY on ur lashes. Its never good to treat ur eyes for something they dont need.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Karlynn

I've used this for 2 years now. I've used the old formula and the new formula and get the exact same LONG results. If I stop using it, my lashes revert back to their shorter length. Using Revitalash, I have problems with my lashes brushing my sunglasses! Not a problem I mind. I don't understand those that say they don't have the time to use it. It takes a minute or less. Shake it up. Paint at base of lashes on one eye, redip, and paint on other. I buy mine on Ebay and pay around $75. Just look for a seller that has high sales and a near 100% feedback rating.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by cincha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought my bottle for $125 on Oct. 25, 2008 at a Honolulu salon. (I don't trust online stores). I don't use Revitalsh every night b/c I don't have time; I would say I use it maybe 2-3 times a week. I only apply to my upper lashes. Contrary to unhappy MUA user reviews, I have experienced no significant tingling sensation. My lashes have not fallen out.
BUT: I don't know if I notice a difference yet. No one has complimented me or accused me of "fake" lashes, though I notice that it's harder to curl my lashes. My lashes have always been on the long side, but they are skinny and stick straight. This product does not make your lashes curl so getting the right mascara and eyelash curler is essential to great lashes. I have not found them yet =( Please let me know of you do.
I will update when I reach at least the 3 month point w/ this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by vickypollard

I bought this from my plastic surgeon's office and paid $160.00 for it. I used it exactly as directed and saw no results at all. What a waste of time and money! I'd give this stuff zero lippies if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Fruitini

Purchased this from Essential Day Spa about almost a year ago so I'm not sure whether if its the new or old formula, but the most important thing is it works! I've been using Jan Marini previously and that gave me more volume then length (nothing really to rave on about actually, it also stung my eyes badly if I accidently applied it too close to my eyes). Revitalash almost tripled the length of my lashes, also more volume and it doesn't sting. I am so happy that I've found something to help with my short, stubby lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tinklemd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the old formula, which I just started using recently. I have to say that my lashes look longer and I love it! I had a recent ophthalmology visit and she actually said that I had lashes growing in to my eye and asked if they were bothering me. I then admitted that I was using Revitalash and educated her about lash growing treatments, which are likely contributing to the new lash growth. Some lashes appear longer than others. I can't speak for the "new" formula, but the old formula is a winner!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by cjumper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FINAL UPDATE 16 FEB 2009: ******************
I abandoned the Revitalash because the Lilash is working better for me. The Revitalash might have caught up after a few more weeks, but then again it might not. I'm using mascara on the Revitalash eye so I don't look so lopsided.
My Revitalash eye does have better lashes than it did to start with, but I would not buy that product again for that subtle an improvement.
The Lilash effect is not all that dramatic either--I have normal looking eyelashes on that eye now instead of really short ones--but it's enough improvement to keep using Lilash.
For almost the same price, maybe Latisse would be the best way to go? ************************

I just today started using Revitalash on my right eye. And Lilash on my left eye.

It's an expensive experiment, but somebody has to do it.

If I had another couple of eyes and another big bundle of money, I'd be trying MD Lash and Enormous Lash at the same time.

I'll add to this report as soon as I notice any change.

(I really do hope I get SOMETHING to report!)

******************
UPDATE: As of Jan 6, I have no definite improvement to report, although when I put on mascara my lashes did look longer than before. Wishful thinking? Anyway, it's still early days.

I still have had no unpleasant side effects from either product, which is saying something. I have chronically dry and sensitive eyes. Most kinds of makeup and skin care products cause all-day tears that make me look like I'm crying. How annoying!

But so far neither Rivitalash (the newest formulation) nor Lilash has caused any problem whatsoever.
************************
UPDATE 01/24: There is a difference now... on my lower left eyelid. The lashes there are distinctly longer than on the right, and a tiny fringe has appeared where there was a gap. Other than that, both eyes now have enough growth to grab with an eyelash curler, which is new. The lashes on both eyes look darker and feel more supple, too.

But it will take far more dramatic results to make either product worth the cost. The LiLash website says I should be there in another couple of weeks. The Revitalash site says to give it another 4 to 6 weeks. We'll see...

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by luvslashes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Revitalash
The old formula WORKED!!!! My lashes grew so long that I actually had to trim a few that were ridiculous!!! My lashes were so short to begin with so I was ecstatic with my new lashes!!!! I ordered another tube after my first tube ran out after about 6 months (which I thought was pretty good.)
It took forever and to my surprise, my esthetician told me that the reason for the delay was that the packaging had changes but it looked exactly the same to me.
It was in fact the "new" formula. And it DOES NOT work at all!!!! I was so disappointed as I watched my long lashes fall out only to be replaced by my original shorter lashes.
I really wish they still sold the original formula. Had I known about the change, I would have stocked up on the old formula.
Oh well!!! I heard if you use Lumigan (the active ingredient) which is by prescription only and is used to treat Glaucoma, your lashes will grow. I am not willing to buy illegal prescription eye drops just to have longer lashes!!!!
Does anyone know where to buy the old formula? And how do I find out if it is indeed the old formula?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Indothang

THIS STUFF WORKS!! i bought it off of ebay, alot cheaper than in stores, and it totally works! my eyelashes weren't that short to begin with, but it does make a noticeable difference, my friends all noticed, even my husband did! i bought one for my mom and same positive results, she has super short lashes and she noticed a minor difference in length, but she said it stopped her lashes from falling out as much as they were. will definetly be buying again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by s2ylvia

Following up! Its been say 3 months since i used this product and i think its fair to judge it now. I bought the new edition hoping it would revitalize my lashes and make them appear ALOT fuller...but no. Truthfully it hasn't worked that well. I'd say my lashes grey a tad longer! LITERALLY! It grew only 1 mm or something. For the price i would say i would not buy it again. Im so angry!!! I shouldve just gone that inch and paid for the original version which everyone raves about working.