December 19, 2014 | 1046 users online

Lash Treatments - RevitaLash

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2009 5:55:00 AM More reviews by fancyface

I am a breast cancer patient and after I ended chemo, I lost every single one of my eyelashes. I bought this to try but it made my eyes red and itchy to the point that I could not give it even a week's worth of applications. I had to return it.

Note- I do not wear contacts so this was not a factor

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by simiparga

I'm on the fence about this product.... I believe that it does work, it has not been a great product for me though. I started using this daily at the beginning of November 2008, so it's been about 2 and a half months now. I think I've given it ample time to be able to write a fair review.
Let me start by saying that I am reviewing the new formula of Revitalash.
After about 3 weeks of using this every night, I was amazed! I had longer lashes and def more of them too. I was delighted and wondered how much longer they could get. In the past I have used Ardell, Talika, DHC, Malava and Skinactives - None of these has produced the results that Revitalash has. I especially noticed that my outer lashes were incredibly longer.
Then, all of a sudden at around the middle of December, the lashes in the middle of my right eye started to fall out and I had a slight bald patch there!!!! I have no idea why! I also noticed a def loss of overall lashes too, they just seemed to be falling out and it seemed as though I had less lashes than when I first started using this.I was still using it every night so have no idea why this started to happen - maybe it was part of the growth cycle? but then again, My lashes have never shed like this before.
Even mascara made it seem as though I had less lashes than before, they looked wimpy and sparse. They have never looked so bad as when they did in December.
They are starting to grow again - but the thinner patch on the right eye is still taking it's time to catch up with the rest.
This product DID work for a while.. I have no idea why my lashes started to shed. I did not stop using the product or change the way I was using it either.
I am still using this every day and will continue to do so until I can get some growth back. I think then I will stop using this. I have Canmake Eyelash Essence which I will start using soon and would also like to try Enormous lash. I will not repurchase this product.
I have given it a rating of 2 as my personal experience with Revitalash has been mixed. Started great and then I ended up having less lashes than I had to begin with. I am now trying to repair the damage. Would probably give it a 2 1/2 if I could..... It's almost as if someone is whispering "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"
Will update if there is any change.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by bobbibrowneyes

Wow. This seriously worked for my short thin wimpy Asian lashes. My lashes are now twice as long as they used to be. It's been about two to three months since I started applying this product.

Within the second week, I noticed that my lashes were getting noticeably thicker and that the bald spots had filled out. Every week, my lashes got longer and thicker and new lashes sprouted above and between my existing lash line. So in place of one lash, I had three. It's seriously amazing.

I have tried Talika which successfully prevented my lashes from falling out and also did a little bit in terms of making my lashes thicker. However, I got greedy and wanted longer lashes so decided to give this a try.

I know that 75-125 dollars is a lot to plunk down, especially if you're skeptical. I just purchased this from a store with a return policy in case it didn't work out. It's so worth the risk.

Before I absolutely had to use Shiseido's Mascara primer just to make it look like I had any lashes to speak of. Though it was an HG, it definitely dried out my lashes and dried out in the bottle as well. Now I don't need it at all because as my lashes got longer, they got thicker and began curling upward. I'm sooo pleased with the results.

This is definitely a re-purchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by VSM1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My doc gave me Lumigan to put on my lashes. Its the same active formula as this only normal price. He gave me a sample and I have used it for 4 weeks now but nothing. I read it will take 7 weeks for lashes to grow. Please dont pay for this brand. Ask your eye doc for a sample and use ONLY on ur lashes. Its never good to treat ur eyes for something they dont need.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Karlynn

I've used this for 2 years now. I've used the old formula and the new formula and get the exact same LONG results. If I stop using it, my lashes revert back to their shorter length. Using Revitalash, I have problems with my lashes brushing my sunglasses! Not a problem I mind. I don't understand those that say they don't have the time to use it. It takes a minute or less. Shake it up. Paint at base of lashes on one eye, redip, and paint on other. I buy mine on Ebay and pay around $75. Just look for a seller that has high sales and a near 100% feedback rating.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by cincha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought my bottle for $125 on Oct. 25, 2008 at a Honolulu salon. (I don't trust online stores). I don't use Revitalsh every night b/c I don't have time; I would say I use it maybe 2-3 times a week. I only apply to my upper lashes. Contrary to unhappy MUA user reviews, I have experienced no significant tingling sensation. My lashes have not fallen out.
BUT: I don't know if I notice a difference yet. No one has complimented me or accused me of "fake" lashes, though I notice that it's harder to curl my lashes. My lashes have always been on the long side, but they are skinny and stick straight. This product does not make your lashes curl so getting the right mascara and eyelash curler is essential to great lashes. I have not found them yet =( Please let me know of you do.
I will update when I reach at least the 3 month point w/ this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by vickypollard

I bought this from my plastic surgeon's office and paid $160.00 for it. I used it exactly as directed and saw no results at all. What a waste of time and money! I'd give this stuff zero lippies if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Fruitini

Purchased this from Essential Day Spa about almost a year ago so I'm not sure whether if its the new or old formula, but the most important thing is it works! I've been using Jan Marini previously and that gave me more volume then length (nothing really to rave on about actually, it also stung my eyes badly if I accidently applied it too close to my eyes). Revitalash almost tripled the length of my lashes, also more volume and it doesn't sting. I am so happy that I've found something to help with my short, stubby lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tinklemd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the old formula, which I just started using recently. I have to say that my lashes look longer and I love it! I had a recent ophthalmology visit and she actually said that I had lashes growing in to my eye and asked if they were bothering me. I then admitted that I was using Revitalash and educated her about lash growing treatments, which are likely contributing to the new lash growth. Some lashes appear longer than others. I can't speak for the "new" formula, but the old formula is a winner!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by cjumper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FINAL UPDATE 16 FEB 2009: ******************
I abandoned the Revitalash because the Lilash is working better for me. The Revitalash might have caught up after a few more weeks, but then again it might not. I'm using mascara on the Revitalash eye so I don't look so lopsided.
My Revitalash eye does have better lashes than it did to start with, but I would not buy that product again for that subtle an improvement.
The Lilash effect is not all that dramatic either--I have normal looking eyelashes on that eye now instead of really short ones--but it's enough improvement to keep using Lilash.
For almost the same price, maybe Latisse would be the best way to go? ************************

I just today started using Revitalash on my right eye. And Lilash on my left eye.

It's an expensive experiment, but somebody has to do it.

If I had another couple of eyes and another big bundle of money, I'd be trying MD Lash and Enormous Lash at the same time.

I'll add to this report as soon as I notice any change.

(I really do hope I get SOMETHING to report!)

******************
UPDATE: As of Jan 6, I have no definite improvement to report, although when I put on mascara my lashes did look longer than before. Wishful thinking? Anyway, it's still early days.

I still have had no unpleasant side effects from either product, which is saying something. I have chronically dry and sensitive eyes. Most kinds of makeup and skin care products cause all-day tears that make me look like I'm crying. How annoying!

But so far neither Rivitalash (the newest formulation) nor Lilash has caused any problem whatsoever.
************************
UPDATE 01/24: There is a difference now... on my lower left eyelid. The lashes there are distinctly longer than on the right, and a tiny fringe has appeared where there was a gap. Other than that, both eyes now have enough growth to grab with an eyelash curler, which is new. The lashes on both eyes look darker and feel more supple, too.

But it will take far more dramatic results to make either product worth the cost. The LiLash website says I should be there in another couple of weeks. The Revitalash site says to give it another 4 to 6 weeks. We'll see...

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No