Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes

3.5

on 1/21/2010 1:33:00 AM

This is my favorite concealer ever. I have chronic dark circles under my eyes and this concealer has given me the BEST coverage without caking. I don't have to use powder to set it and it has good staying power. Plus it gives me a dewy moist look which minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. And it has an SPF of 20 which decreases the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
I use the lighter colour, Fair 05 which suits my lighter skin tones well. My daughter tried it but needs the darker concealer in order to blend with her more olive skin tones.
I recommend this product without reservation to any woman in need of good undereye and imperfection coverage.

on 1/8/2010 12:44:00 PM

This product is very creamy and does a good job at keeping my skin moisturized during the winter months. It has pretty good staying power, I usually don't have to apply any powder over it for it to stay put all day. As for covering my circles, that's why it got 3 stars. I have a hard time finding a concealer that works for my very dark circles. Sometimes they have a blue cast...sometimes they're red. They have a mind of their own and its very frustrating! This product doesn't really cover up my circles and it gives me sort or a white cast (probably because of the SPF). Probably would not repurchase, just going to use whatever is left because it's great as an eye cream and it has SPF.

on 1/3/2010 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I love this concealer. I am skinny and am always lacking sleep and the bags under my eyes become very prominent. I found this as I was looking through my makeup organizers. Ever since I have fell in love. It has phenomenal staying power. It covers up my dark circles without any problems. It my HG for under eye concealers.

on 12/30/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Eh, I don't know why I used this product for so long. My dark circles can get pretty bad sometimes and this did not do much for that. The staying power is not good by itself and I always had to use a translucent powder over it. Doing that magnified any fine lines I have (I am only 25!) and it looked crappy. I finally gave up on this product. I will use whatever I have left for times I will be outdoors and want just a little coverage. The packaging is good and price is reasonable. I replaced this product with Prescriptives concealer. Definitely pricier, but worth it!

on 12/30/2009 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

This is a very good concealer with sunscreen for the undereye area.

I do need to blend it with an undereye moisturizer mixed on the back of my hand, and applying it with a little brush (I use Quo's little retractable brush for ease of application) because I have a few little lines under the eyes.

I call them laughing and living lines, so they can't be all that bad.... ;)

For my light to medium olive skin color, the Medium 15 shade is perfect; if I want just a little more "lift", I combine with Physician's Formula Circle control concealer in Yellow (see my review). The other Neutrogena shades are too light, except I sometimes mix in Buff 09 in the depths of winter.

Added 2012: I have found a new use for it: as a concealer it works wonders for my rosacea-ravaged skin, with the Medium 15 having yellow undertones which neutralize the redness on and around the nose, and the chin area. The fact that it has SPF 20 is a bonus, and the texture is very skin-like, not flakey at all.

I took 1 lippie off for the fact that it does not have an applicator for precise placement, and now have switched to Neutrogena Healthy Skin eye brightening perfector, which has a perfect brush applicator, and a higher SPF as well (see my review).

on 12/14/2009 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Suprisingly, this product is really great...doesn't last all day though but it does cover up my dark circles. Will definitely re-purchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is ok. It is the best eye concealer I've found so far, but really that is because it doesn't suck as much as the rest. The yellow tint neutralizes the blueish-purple a bit. The coverage isn't high enough to cover my dark circles to my satisfaction, but at the same time it looks really heavy on my skin, like it's sitting right on top of it. I still use it for special occasions when I need to look more made up than normal (tinted moisturizer, translucent powder, and chapstick lol), but I wouldn't say it's great by any means.

on 11/30/2009 7:06:00 PM

I love this for under my eyes. It is a great concealer. I use Fair 05 and it is great. It brightens up under my eyes and covers up the darkness. I like how it has eye cream and SPF 20 in it too. Great 3 in 1 product

on 11/29/2009 6:43:00 PM

I hate this! It's wayyyyy to thick, and creamy. It appears white & yellow on my skin and makes me look dead. It doesn't cover up anything as well. It doesn't like to blend either.

on 11/12/2009 5:39:00 PM

I wanted so bad to like this product. However, it really dried the skin out underneath my eyes so it looked crepey. It also didn't have much staying power, and creased badly, making what lines I had (I'm only 27 so not that many) really visible. I wish I could have given it a 0 for price because, even though it isn't expensive, anything that I pay money for that doesn't work is a 0 in my book.