MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

4.2

on 10/20/2011 1:57:00 PM

Finally I have the legendary Lightscapade.I had heard the hype long after is was originally released and I wanted it so much that I actually thought of buying it from Evilbay.Luckily it is repromoted.I was kinda secretly hoping that it would be an another overrated product but great news: it is definetely not!
First of all,I have to mention that I really,truly love highlighters.my highlighter powder stash is a lot larger than my blushes and bronzers combined.and Lightscapade is one of the best things that joined to my lightful loves.
This MSF definetely lives up to the word "lighter".no shimmer,glitter,color,metallic/frostiness etc,just pure light! I think that may be the reason why some people do not like it.but I love my face to have a glow and radiance.I can always wear lip and eye make-up that stands out but when it comes to actual face products,less is always more.LS adds a beautiful light to skin,under sun light,really finely milled shimmer is visible but it mostly gives a light pearl effect.it doesn't look like you spend hours in front of the mirror.the effect is more like "you look pretty,did you dye your hair or something?" sort.it is really hard to go "way too much" with it.I layered it over and over to see how it may look like,the result is never shimmery or too white,layering gives you only more light:)
I have been using it on my cheeks,nose bone,brow bone,tear duck and for setting my eye concealer.it works perfect on concealer and doesnt emphasize the larger pores around my cheeks.MSFs generally last very long on my oily skin,so does LS.and luckily they don't give me breakouts.
I bought mine from the store and choosed the one with the most blue veins.considering the fact that how much I love it,I went back and got a backup, in case it won't be around for another 5 years.the second one I got looks really beige but I can't really see a difference between them when swatched.
As a girl who even finds Meteorites too glittery but likes to glow,this is absolutely cannot-live-without product for me.I am in true love

on 10/19/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

A bit overrated. Gives a very subtle glow- I almost can't see it :D! It goes nicely over blush without altering the colour of the blush. It's nice- but I wish it had more of a metallic sheen. I wouldn't recommend paying an arm and a leg to get it...

on 10/17/2011 12:38:00 AM

mine has some blue veining in it so i suppose i am lucky. its pretty but i think i like my too chic better. still imparts a white glow....a radiant casper.

on 10/13/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Okay, so maybe Lightscapade isn't worth all the hype... especially since the new ones don't have that amazing veining like its previous.

When I first opened this up, I couldn't hide my disappointment. It wasn't really pretty and just looked very light and white. I put it away and looked at it again a few days later. I swatched it, and for some reason, I LOVED IT. The texture on this is smooth and creamy! It swatches on like butter. Despite being slightly tan, it did not look ghostly on me either. The shimmers in it are very very fine and are not chunky. It gives a beautiful glowy look, almost like Perfect Topping except I think it goes on smoother.

Will I buy again? I doubt it. Would I sell my kidney for it? Nope. Do I regret buying it? Not at all. It is a beautiful highlighter that is champagne, creamy white that looks wonderful when applied lightly. If you don't have this kind of highlighter, I suggest Lightscapade =]

on 10/11/2011 3:09:00 PM

I'm very happy with this. It is by far my favorite msf. I use it as suggested by other reviewers as an all over finishing powder with a little extra over the cheekbones with my 165. It adds a really nice glow that completes my look. I've never seen the first release IRL so I cannot comment on how it compares to the first. I have two and both have clear veining with all colors present but don't appear as chunky as pics I've seen of the first version. Now that I finally have it , I believe it is a back up worthy product but not worth over retail price.

on 10/11/2011 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am disappointed that I spent $28 on this. I had to order mine online as there is not a MAC store/counter close to where I live. This arrived with no veining at all, just a solid champagne color. (I prefer TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer if I just want a solid champagne highlighter)

I decided to give it a try anyways as it has such great reviews by others, but this really doesn't show up on my NW15 skin. I had to layer it on and it still didn't show up much. Perhaps it would work better for someone with a darker skin tone than mine, or in the summer when mine is just a bit darker.

on 10/9/2011 7:23:00 AM

I am dissapointed in this product- I wish I had bough metiorites intsead, It doesn't show up as a highlighter on my NW10 skin- its quite powdery and not very glowy. I will end up swapping this away or using as a face powder.

on 10/7/2011 9:28:00 AM

I am a new convert to MAC (well within the last twelve months) and when I saw the temptalia review she mentions (in the write up at least) that this would be a sort after item. So did a bit of research and got caught up in the hype and decided that I had to have it. I got it yesterday (day of store release in Europe) and I must say that it is nice and pretty to look at. Its finely milled and not glittery / chunky like other MSFs can be. I havent seen Perfect Topping, so I cannot compare, but I do like this as an all over MSF rather than a highlight - it gives a real glow which will be nice going into winter. I like it and if I ran out I would probably buy again (if it ever re-surfaces).

on 10/5/2011 7:31:00 PM

Being that this was whispered about as unicorn blood in pan form, I had extremely high expectations. I thought lightscapade would be the end all and be all of highlighters. It is very pretty: smooth, not glittery, but imparts a pretty sheen. I use it all over with a 187 brush and a light hand as a finishing powder, and then the 116 to highlight my cheek bones, then mist with fix plus. I think this gives me a natural glow. However, there are a lot of other highlighters that can deliver similar results. A similar look could be created with guerlain meteorite as a setting powder and then dior amber diamond to highlight. I do think this is a backup worthy product, but not worthy of a price tag over retail. Edit: I saw that another reviewer said to add a cream color base underneath lightscapade. This really makes gives lightscapade a more high shine glow. Try it.

on 10/4/2011 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Finally got my hands on this. Been reading reviews on it for years, and now that it's been repromoted I get to try it out. Mine does not have intense blue veining, but that doesnt bother me, although I wonder if it makes a difference? It works as a nice highlight. I'll use it from time to time, although I don't see the hype. I paid retail and being that it's MAC, the price seems fair to me.

Maybe because I'm more tan I don't see a big difference. I also have oily skin and don't really like shimmer anywhere other than my eyelids. *shrugs* I like my PERFECT TOPPING better, but it is pretty to look at. I gave it a 3 across the board. Not great, but not bad. It's ok.
Now I just need to try PLEASUREFLUSH...lol