MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

4.3

on 12/15/2011 3:46:00 PM

This has become my favorite cheek highlighter! It gives me the perfect glow to my skin and makes my cheekbones pop! I love how it's a very light highlighter, but still natural looking. You could totally wear this day to day or for a night out! It's a really versatile product, and if you can still get one, try to!

on 12/4/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Lightscapade is a beautiful MSF. I am a huge fan of MSFs to begin with, and this one has not dissappointed me at all. I don't wear it as a highlight as much as I do as an all over face powder. I am so pleased to have such a great edition to my stash :)
I'm NW25 for reference

This is a really lovely highlight. Very natural and glowy from the inside! I have very fair skin so this doesn't make me look ashy or white.

on 11/11/2011 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I managed to finally buy this at my MAC counter the day before it went of sale and i am so glad that i did.I have slightly oily skin so i was a bit wary about trying this as its a shimmer but i am so pleased with it.some days i use it as a highliter on its own or before blusher and other days i use it all over to give me a glow.Mine did not have any veining at all but i dont care beacause i like it so much.
NC15,Blonde,Slightly oily skin

Mine has PLENTY of gorgeous marbeling! When you go to the MAC store or counter, ask the SA to pick out one that had a lot of marbeling for you, or ask to see a few and pick the one you like the best.

This is such a gorgeous highlight. I get what all the hyoe is about now. It's not glittery, it adds just a fine sheen. The color is light enough to highlight my NC25-30 skin without making me look too pale.

I'm glad I got one of these.

on 10/20/2011 1:57:00 PM

Finally I have the legendary Lightscapade.I had heard the hype long after is was originally released and I wanted it so much that I actually thought of buying it from Evilbay.Luckily it is repromoted.I was kinda secretly hoping that it would be an another overrated product but great news: it is definetely not!
First of all,I have to mention that I really,truly love highlighters.my highlighter powder stash is a lot larger than my blushes and bronzers combined.and Lightscapade is one of the best things that joined to my lightful loves.
This MSF definetely lives up to the word "lighter".no shimmer,glitter,color,metallic/frostiness etc,just pure light! I think that may be the reason why some people do not like it.but I love my face to have a glow and radiance.I can always wear lip and eye make-up that stands out but when it comes to actual face products,less is always more.LS adds a beautiful light to skin,under sun light,really finely milled shimmer is visible but it mostly gives a light pearl effect.it doesn't look like you spend hours in front of the mirror.the effect is more like "you look pretty,did you dye your hair or something?" sort.it is really hard to go "way too much" with it.I layered it over and over to see how it may look like,the result is never shimmery or too white,layering gives you only more light:)
I have been using it on my cheeks,nose bone,brow bone,tear duck and for setting my eye concealer.it works perfect on concealer and doesnt emphasize the larger pores around my cheeks.MSFs generally last very long on my oily skin,so does LS.and luckily they don't give me breakouts.
I bought mine from the store and choosed the one with the most blue veins.considering the fact that how much I love it,I went back and got a backup, in case it won't be around for another 5 years.the second one I got looks really beige but I can't really see a difference between them when swatched.
As a girl who even finds Meteorites too glittery but likes to glow,this is absolutely cannot-live-without product for me.I am in true love

on 10/19/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

A bit overrated. Gives a very subtle glow- I almost can't see it :D! It goes nicely over blush without altering the colour of the blush. It's nice- but I wish it had more of a metallic sheen. I wouldn't recommend paying an arm and a leg to get it...

on 10/17/2011 12:38:00 AM

mine has some blue veining in it so i suppose i am lucky. its pretty but i think i like my too chic better. still imparts a white glow....a radiant casper.

on 10/13/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Okay, so maybe Lightscapade isn't worth all the hype... especially since the new ones don't have that amazing veining like its previous.

When I first opened this up, I couldn't hide my disappointment. It wasn't really pretty and just looked very light and white. I put it away and looked at it again a few days later. I swatched it, and for some reason, I LOVED IT. The texture on this is smooth and creamy! It swatches on like butter. Despite being slightly tan, it did not look ghostly on me either. The shimmers in it are very very fine and are not chunky. It gives a beautiful glowy look, almost like Perfect Topping except I think it goes on smoother.

Will I buy again? I doubt it. Would I sell my kidney for it? Nope. Do I regret buying it? Not at all. It is a beautiful highlighter that is champagne, creamy white that looks wonderful when applied lightly. If you don't have this kind of highlighter, I suggest Lightscapade =]

on 10/11/2011 3:09:00 PM

I'm very happy with this. It is by far my favorite msf. I use it as suggested by other reviewers as an all over finishing powder with a little extra over the cheekbones with my 165. It adds a really nice glow that completes my look. I've never seen the first release IRL so I cannot comment on how it compares to the first. I have two and both have clear veining with all colors present but don't appear as chunky as pics I've seen of the first version. Now that I finally have it , I believe it is a back up worthy product but not worth over retail price.