September 23, 2014 | 1010 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a subtle creamy cool-toned highlighter that shows up differently on the skin, than swatched on your hand. Many people are complaining about the MSF's not having veining, but the color swatched is the same before and after, also having the same effect.

This is lighter than the Perfect Topping but not as creamy looking, or shimmery. I like Perfect Topping for bigger impact, but this is nice use for everyday...

I bought this not thinking of it as a LE sought after product, but a nice item that I picked up.

If you bought yours just for veining, perhaps try another MSF.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Chibilein

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I can not really comment on it yet. (So ignore my rating above) But I wanted to add something to the previous review. I live in Germany. I bought two Lightscapades. One for me, one for a beautyblogging friend. And I have to say, that indeed there is almost no veining at all on BOTH products. It raises the alarm a bit, if this MSF is really equivalent to the former ones. Maybe the repromote has lower quality. I don't know. Perhaps I am exaggerating.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by AxSDenied

I bought this with the repromote and was a little disappointed at the time. My version also lacked the beautiful veining that I saw all over the internet time and time again. But once swirled together it's just as good as the others. I like to look at mine as being already blended. It may not be as pretty as the others, but in the end you're just going to swirl your brush in it, mixing the shades together anyways, so I've forgiven it :D It still has the beautiful multishimmer and will get lots of use.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered the re-released Lightscapade from MAC's site the night it was released, and while it is supposed to have wonderful colorful veining.. mine has absolutely NONE.. that's right - *none* at all!! It looks like a MSFN in light that is shimmery..

I uploaded pictures of mine (they aren't very good quality-but you can see there is no veining at all)

I understand it can vary with MSFs, but to have no variation at all, is a bit ridiculous IMO..

No more MSFs for me, I'll be sticking to NARS or The Balm.. that way I'll actually know what I'm getting..

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I personally like this product but I do think it's strange how popular and hyped it is (it is definitely not worth $50+). I'm very fair skinned so I like this as a nice, glowy highlight but it's definitely not an original product. I actually find a small amount of Shimpagne with a very light hand gives a similar effect. It is very pretty to look at in the pan though.

The clear plastic of the lid has popped out more times than I can remember and they are not cheap in Canada (something like $33) but I do like the shape and how they fit in my makeup bag and storage. As with all MSFs, be careful with it as the product can shatter or break if dropped.

I would buy it again for retail because it is something I've grown accustomed to and I like MSFs, but since it's not easy to get your hands on for an affordable price, I will be buying another highlighter when mine runs out. Give it a try if you can find it for retail but I don't think it's worth the outrageous prices or swaps people ask for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by xMissFortunex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm kinda underwhelmed by this product. After searching for ages for this (because of all the rave reviews I had heard & knowing how sought after it was) I finally snagged one.

I was kinda disappointed as this doesn't really show up on my NC15 skin. I can only tell its there if I look really closely. I prefer vanilla pig over this.

I will be keeping this, but only because it looks so pretty & its rare (sad I know)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by hinotori

Lightscapade MSF is such a beautiful product! It is a limited edition, but I was lucky to grab one off ebay a while ago. I simply adore this MSF. All the colors on the MSF is like the rainbow, so pretty! It is my favorite highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

I'm an NW20 and was searching for an MSF that wouldn't look like a crazy glitter bomb exploded on my face, or that I had been hitting the tanning booth a little too hard. I had a few other MSFs (Perfect Topping, Porcelain Pink, Light Flush, Northern Light) before I bought this one--I guess I gave in to the hype. Boy, am I glad I did. I won't be using this product a ton unless it is repromoted, because I don't want to run out. It gives my skin the most beautiful glowy sheen, using any brush. I tried it with a 109, with a 187, and with a kabuki brush, and all of them performed well with Lightscapade. It's the perfect highlight, and not too pigmented or a glitter bomb like a lot of MSFs. I really enjoy this shade and it's definitely a new favorite for me. I guess there's hype for a reason! I am keeping my fingers crossed that MAC repromotes this eventually, because it's just so gorgeous and a new HG for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tdlamf

i LOVE this. i wish i had bought more while it was out in stores. it gives my skin an amazing glow and looks awesome in pictures too. also, using it on a wet brush gives a more intense highlight effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by dollface18

This is probabaly one of my favorite MSFs from MAC. The color is just gorgeous. It's a very light glow. That's exactly what it does to my face. It just makes it look so glowly especially in the light. It's too bad this product was LE because now it goes for a pretty penny. If you use a light hand (I personally think that's all you need) this product will last you awhile.