October 24, 2014 | 1688 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sarahanne40

I am a new convert to MAC (well within the last twelve months) and when I saw the temptalia review she mentions (in the write up at least) that this would be a sort after item. So did a bit of research and got caught up in the hype and decided that I had to have it. I got it yesterday (day of store release in Europe) and I must say that it is nice and pretty to look at. Its finely milled and not glittery / chunky like other MSFs can be. I havent seen Perfect Topping, so I cannot compare, but I do like this as an all over MSF rather than a highlight - it gives a real glow which will be nice going into winter. I like it and if I ran out I would probably buy again (if it ever re-surfaces).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

Being that this was whispered about as unicorn blood in pan form, I had extremely high expectations. I thought lightscapade would be the end all and be all of highlighters. It is very pretty: smooth, not glittery, but imparts a pretty sheen. I use it all over with a 187 brush and a light hand as a finishing powder, and then the 116 to highlight my cheek bones, then mist with fix plus. I think this gives me a natural glow. However, there are a lot of other highlighters that can deliver similar results. A similar look could be created with guerlain meteorite as a setting powder and then dior amber diamond to highlight. I do think this is a backup worthy product, but not worthy of a price tag over retail. Edit: I saw that another reviewer said to add a cream color base underneath lightscapade. This really makes gives lightscapade a more high shine glow. Try it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally got my hands on this. Been reading reviews on it for years, and now that it's been repromoted I get to try it out. Mine does not have intense blue veining, but that doesnt bother me, although I wonder if it makes a difference? It works as a nice highlight. I'll use it from time to time, although I don't see the hype. I paid retail and being that it's MAC, the price seems fair to me.

Maybe because I'm more tan I don't see a big difference. I also have oily skin and don't really like shimmer anywhere other than my eyelids. *shrugs* I like my PERFECT TOPPING better, but it is pretty to look at. I gave it a 3 across the board. Not great, but not bad. It's ok.
Now I just need to try PLEASUREFLUSH...lol

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Lcaster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got mine with the new release and I got some AMAZING veining. it looks identical to the original releases with the big blue and salmon coloured veining. feeling very lucky right now! love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a subtle creamy cool-toned highlighter that shows up differently on the skin, than swatched on your hand. Many people are complaining about the MSF's not having veining, but the color swatched is the same before and after, also having the same effect.

This is lighter than the Perfect Topping but not as creamy looking, or shimmery. I like Perfect Topping for bigger impact, but this is nice use for everyday...

I bought this not thinking of it as a LE sought after product, but a nice item that I picked up.

If you bought yours just for veining, perhaps try another MSF.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Chibilein

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I can not really comment on it yet. (So ignore my rating above) But I wanted to add something to the previous review. I live in Germany. I bought two Lightscapades. One for me, one for a beautyblogging friend. And I have to say, that indeed there is almost no veining at all on BOTH products. It raises the alarm a bit, if this MSF is really equivalent to the former ones. Maybe the repromote has lower quality. I don't know. Perhaps I am exaggerating.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by AxSDenied

I bought this with the repromote and was a little disappointed at the time. My version also lacked the beautiful veining that I saw all over the internet time and time again. But once swirled together it's just as good as the others. I like to look at mine as being already blended. It may not be as pretty as the others, but in the end you're just going to swirl your brush in it, mixing the shades together anyways, so I've forgiven it :D It still has the beautiful multishimmer and will get lots of use.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered the re-released Lightscapade from MAC's site the night it was released, and while it is supposed to have wonderful colorful veining.. mine has absolutely NONE.. that's right - *none* at all!! It looks like a MSFN in light that is shimmery..

I uploaded pictures of mine (they aren't very good quality-but you can see there is no veining at all)

I understand it can vary with MSFs, but to have no variation at all, is a bit ridiculous IMO..

No more MSFs for me, I'll be sticking to NARS or The Balm.. that way I'll actually know what I'm getting..

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I personally like this product but I do think it's strange how popular and hyped it is (it is definitely not worth $50+). I'm very fair skinned so I like this as a nice, glowy highlight but it's definitely not an original product. I actually find a small amount of Shimpagne with a very light hand gives a similar effect. It is very pretty to look at in the pan though.

The clear plastic of the lid has popped out more times than I can remember and they are not cheap in Canada (something like $33) but I do like the shape and how they fit in my makeup bag and storage. As with all MSFs, be careful with it as the product can shatter or break if dropped.

I would buy it again for retail because it is something I've grown accustomed to and I like MSFs, but since it's not easy to get your hands on for an affordable price, I will be buying another highlighter when mine runs out. Give it a try if you can find it for retail but I don't think it's worth the outrageous prices or swaps people ask for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by xMissFortunex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm kinda underwhelmed by this product. After searching for ages for this (because of all the rave reviews I had heard & knowing how sought after it was) I finally snagged one.

I was kinda disappointed as this doesn't really show up on my NC15 skin. I can only tell its there if I look really closely. I prefer vanilla pig over this.

I will be keeping this, but only because it looks so pretty & its rare (sad I know)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No