Burt's Bees Radiance Day Creme

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sesame Seed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Castor Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Kaolin, Parfum, Glucose Sugar, Royal Jelly Powder, Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Pollen Extract, Comfrey Root Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Birch Bark Extract, Spearmint Extract, Natural Borax, Xanthan Gum, Orange Oil, Lemon Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Lecithin, Sucrose Stearate, Distearate, Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase

UPDATE!
--------------------
I want to say I still use this product religiously, twice a day. In the morning after I wash, and at night after I wash. My breakouts have come to zero, thanks to being able to use SA face washes without drying out. It's been about two-three months now, and let me just say.. I'm still just as please as when I started. My tone is completely even, it's nice and dewey and just all around gorgeous. There's times where I get so tired, I just plop down and go to sleep, and in the morning when I don't use the moisturizer, I notice the difference. The uneven tone, the almost flat, dull look. I could honestly say, I couldn't live without this product! If you're a little hesitant to buy, based on the price... they have little samples at stores. It's a little box, comes with a sample of this creme, the face wash, hand lotion, a bunch of little stuff. All of that is CHEAPER than buying on bottle of this. They have a night one as well, so don't be afraid to take the plunge!

--------------------------------------------------------
First off, let me start by saying my skin is VERY acne-prone. Especially with moisturizers. I've bought tons and tons of moisturizers, that either weren't moisturizing, broke me out like crazy, or turned my face 6 different shades of red.

In an attempt to go more "natural", I looked up Burt's Bees products. I love Burt's Bees, every product I've tried.. and this is honestly no exception. Even on the days where I use a very harsh SA wash, that instantly pulls every ounce of moisture from my skin, this revives it. It smells wonderful, and lasts a long time. It even seems to help HEAL my "picked" spots! It moisturizes great, unbelievably great. No more tight feeling, no more flakes. I've gotten not one single pimple since using it, even during my hormonal period. I'm not sure if it's the moisturizer itself, so much as I was probably breaking out due to dryness and irritation.

My skin is so dewey and even toned after this moisturizer. Even just using it once. I seen results from day one, and have yet to see the results start fading. If you use too much, obviously it does leave your face slightly greasy for a while. But it doesn't so much look greasy, just feels it. A little powder makeup fixes that.

The price is a little steep at first, it's quite a price tag for a seemingly small moisturizer. But let me tell you, you need to use so LITTLE of it, that the jar is going to last for a while. After a month, I've hardly put a dent in it... while using it on my face and neck.

The jar is a screw top, so I use a little spatula that I wash right before I use with a SA face wash.

All in all, after a month of using this product 1x a day (usually at night, sometimes in the morning for special occasions/if I want to go makeup less, etc) this is my HG moisturizer. Without a doubt, the most important, result showing item in my routine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't think this was all that moisturizing. I thought this would be super moisturizing but the flakes returning to the parts of my face that i effected by my excema tells me otherwise.
I so wanted to love this. I love the scent but it's just not enough for when my face gets all itchy.
I bought the beeswax moisturizing day creme and that seems to be doing the trick but too bad i couldn't find that at my local drugstore i found it at the gift shop at the hospital i was visiting after my brother's wife had their baby a few days ago.
Right now even though it's not totally what i want i would stil repurchase cus i love the smell and i am sure i could try to make it work somehow. I am sure i will update if this can't be made to work for me though.

I use both radiance day creme and radiance night creme. Just like radiance night creme, day cream has pearlescent color.
At first, I liked it, but now I am frustrated about this cream. I just dont like the texture and smell... and it seems like it clogges my pores....

smell is too strong!!!! can't get past that! the consistency is watery and it doesn't moisturize very well, so i threw it away.

try the BB's beeswax moisturizing day cream instead, that's amazing!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is my HG moisturizer. I wear it everyday under my makeup. The key with this stuff is to use a little. It goes a long way. Leaves my skin looking dewy. Ive been using this for 2 years. I find that it heals breakouts. Ive also used it to prevent sunburn. Ive repurchased several times and will continue to do so.
PS, I use a little plastic spatula to get the cream out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this product! The smell is lovely, and the effects are even better. This gives me a beautiful glow and moisturizes very nicely. I have also noticed a difference in the texture and evenness in my skin. Do not be afraid to try this because it's Burt's Bees. This is nothing like the hand creams. It works!

Unfortunately, this was not for me. I bought it online and used it instead of my usual day-time moisturizer but it did not do anything for me - it did not break me out either though. But when I applied it it left a horrible sticky layer instead of sinking into my skin, and my skin felt dry and tingly (and not in the good way). All in all not something I would buy again, or even use up - I think I'll give the pot away. The smell was wonderful though!

Got this in a gift set and have used it for about a week in lieu of my regular Oil of Olay Complete. This is much more moisturzing and is great for winter...thus far I love it! Great consistency...it glides on my skin very well. I really do think my skin looks more radiant! I have not yet experienced any kind of breakout with this (which is typically what happens when I try a new moisturizer). I don't really notice a smell at all. I think I may buy a bigger jar of this when I run out of the sample I have. The only improvement I would love is some sunscreen added to it.

I really like this product! I generally have really good skin, but it can be quite sensitive- I can't use a lot of facial moisturizers b/c they break me out, and I can't wear chemical sunscreens (but I can wear physical) because they break me out too. So for years, I've been using Aveeno moisturizer (the one meant for the body) on my face. But I decided to stop using the Aveeno because I felt like it was clogging my pores a little (even though it never fully broke me out).

I picked Burt's Bees Radiance Day Creme because I love the idea of using a product that is not stuffed with chemicals, but I was wary because their Beeswax lip balm gave my lips an allergic reaction and made them rough and bumpy. But Radiance Day Creme has been great for my skin! I've been using it for about a month and a half now, and it makes my skin very soft and supple, and does impart a bit of a "glow". However, it's winter right now, and I could probably use a BIT more moisture. But it still does a great job, and for the rest of the year, I think it would be perfect.

Some reviewers dont' like the jar packaging, but I actually prefer the jar to a pump. A pump is probably more hygenic, but getting the last bit out is always a hassle.

I sampled this in the Burt's Bees Radiance kit several months back, decided that I didn't like it because while it is light, it does leave a thin layer of "oil" on top of your skin, no breakouts - but made me shiny. It was too much for me in the summer, so I stopped using it.

Now that it's the Winter, I decided to give it another try. Still shiny... but perfect for the winter as my cheeks are no longer dry.

Then I came across a solution that made this my HG day cream: I added 1 drop of aloe vera gel to every application. Just 1 small drop did it, made the cream absorb faster, and left no shine on my oily zones. It also diluted the smell, which I found to be a LITTLE too strong out of the jar.

That jar tho - they need to work on that jar. A pump would make this a PERFECT product.

NOTE: a good friend of mine is an industry insider and gave me a sample of the upcoming SPF15 version of the Radiance day lotion. Let's just say that we should all stick with the non-SPF version so Burt's Bees can take the strange sand-textured mineral sunblock out of that product...