August 21, 2014 | 1848 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Radiance Day Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

This is my HG moisturizer. I wear it everyday under my makeup. The key with this stuff is to use a little. It goes a long way. Leaves my skin looking dewy. Ive been using this for 2 years. I find that it heals breakouts. Ive also used it to prevent sunburn. Ive repurchased several times and will continue to do so.
PS, I use a little plastic spatula to get the cream out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by JeanineH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product! The smell is lovely, and the effects are even better. This gives me a beautiful glow and moisturizes very nicely. I have also noticed a difference in the texture and evenness in my skin. Do not be afraid to try this because it's Burt's Bees. This is nothing like the hand creams. It works!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by sushilove

Unfortunately, this was not for me. I bought it online and used it instead of my usual day-time moisturizer but it did not do anything for me - it did not break me out either though. But when I applied it it left a horrible sticky layer instead of sinking into my skin, and my skin felt dry and tingly (and not in the good way). All in all not something I would buy again, or even use up - I think I'll give the pot away. The smell was wonderful though!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by ShellyB

Got this in a gift set and have used it for about a week in lieu of my regular Oil of Olay Complete. This is much more moisturzing and is great for winter...thus far I love it! Great consistency...it glides on my skin very well. I really do think my skin looks more radiant! I have not yet experienced any kind of breakout with this (which is typically what happens when I try a new moisturizer). I don't really notice a smell at all. I think I may buy a bigger jar of this when I run out of the sample I have. The only improvement I would love is some sunscreen added to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kari_bear

I really like this product! I generally have really good skin, but it can be quite sensitive- I can't use a lot of facial moisturizers b/c they break me out, and I can't wear chemical sunscreens (but I can wear physical) because they break me out too. So for years, I've been using Aveeno moisturizer (the one meant for the body) on my face. But I decided to stop using the Aveeno because I felt like it was clogging my pores a little (even though it never fully broke me out).

I picked Burt's Bees Radiance Day Creme because I love the idea of using a product that is not stuffed with chemicals, but I was wary because their Beeswax lip balm gave my lips an allergic reaction and made them rough and bumpy. But Radiance Day Creme has been great for my skin! I've been using it for about a month and a half now, and it makes my skin very soft and supple, and does impart a bit of a "glow". However, it's winter right now, and I could probably use a BIT more moisture. But it still does a great job, and for the rest of the year, I think it would be perfect.

Some reviewers dont' like the jar packaging, but I actually prefer the jar to a pump. A pump is probably more hygenic, but getting the last bit out is always a hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by dancingruru

I sampled this in the Burt's Bees Radiance kit several months back, decided that I didn't like it because while it is light, it does leave a thin layer of "oil" on top of your skin, no breakouts - but made me shiny. It was too much for me in the summer, so I stopped using it.

Now that it's the Winter, I decided to give it another try. Still shiny... but perfect for the winter as my cheeks are no longer dry.

Then I came across a solution that made this my HG day cream: I added 1 drop of aloe vera gel to every application. Just 1 small drop did it, made the cream absorb faster, and left no shine on my oily zones. It also diluted the smell, which I found to be a LITTLE too strong out of the jar.

That jar tho - they need to work on that jar. A pump would make this a PERFECT product.

NOTE: a good friend of mine is an industry insider and gave me a sample of the upcoming SPF15 version of the Radiance day lotion. Let's just say that we should all stick with the non-SPF version so Burt's Bees can take the strange sand-textured mineral sunblock out of that product...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by RedPorsche

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it because its a great moisturizer and not as expensive as Perricone as an example. I have dry patches from the cold weather, and it does the trick. I **LOVE** the way my face feels after applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:59:00 AM More reviews by chuchu223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have always had decent skin with the occasional pimple. But last year I decided to try a product called Diacneal with high retinol and AHA content to minimize the look of my pores and regulate my oil production, and get rid of my blackheads. I took many precautions with this product, wore high sunscreen when using it, and only applied tiny amounts to target areas. Still this was a BIG mistake. I started breaking out like crazy and had horrible skin months after I stopped using the product.

At the time I was using Clinique soap and toner, and Aveeno ultra-calming moisturizer. But after I started having these major breakouts, everything stung my face and just seemed to irritate it. So I switched to Shiseido, thinking that if I went with a very expensive line, it would be benefit my skin. While the products seemed to finally calm my skin down, I still had breakouts and started getting cystic acne on my chin, cheeks, and nose.

I just thought I was still reacting to the product with high AHA and retinol. It wasn't until this month that I did some research and came to the conclusion that the silicones in the Shiseido products as well as my sunscreen may be the problem.

So I had to cut out all these products and start back at square one. I tried an Estee Lauder moisturizer with no spf, silicones, or AHA one time, and it stung my face until I washed it off.

That's when I realized that my skin is probably sensitive to a vast array of chemical products found in moisturizers. So I did some research and settled upon Burts Radiance.

I chose Burts Radiance because aside from the heavy fragrance, it contains mostly natural products. If you are sensitive to fragrance, then I would not recommend this line, but otherwise it has done wonders for my skin so far. While I have only been using it for a couple of days (both the day and night creme). I have noticed a vast improvement to my skin. The cystic acne is fading, and my blotchy, irritated skin seems to be healing, finally. Based on reviews here, I was expecting a heavier moisturizer. But the creme was lighter than expected, and while it took a little while to absorb, I have no problems with it, especially since it's the winter.

I guess the lesson to my story is that if you have decent skin, don't mess with products that strip you skin of it's natural pH balance. I went from having good skin to very sensitive skin that seems to react badly to variety of things just because of one little tube of Diacneal. But thank goodness I found this moisturizer, which goes to show that natural is always better than harsh chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lunagoose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good moisturizing lotion, I have combination skin and at first it felt a bit too heavy but a few minutes after application it sinks nicely into the skin leaving it ...radiant. I am satisfied with the product and will definitely repurchase it. The only thing I really dislike about this creme is the scent, it is wayyy too strong for my liking, I would enjoy a very lightly scented formula. Overall, I think it's a great product and it is as natural as it could be. I keep it in the box it came with and ensure to close the jar tightly so the product doesn't go moldy. In addition, the packaging should be changed because the jar is not hygienic at all. All in all, 5 stars for BB, I am loving their line of natural products.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked it, but I have read reviews on molding, and I thought I was lucky because mine hadn't yet. Unfortuantely, last night I open it and there's mold. I had just bought it I'd say, 5 months ago. Yuck!

Otherwise a beautiful cream. Perhaps if you aren't like me, and buy a cream and use it everyday till it runs out you're fine. Don't expect it to last the months it says on the box. I think it only molded because there are no parabens and stuff.

Good luck with yours, mine not so much.