Burt's Bees Radiance Day Creme

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sesame Seed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Castor Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Kaolin, Parfum, Glucose Sugar, Royal Jelly Powder, Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Pollen Extract, Comfrey Root Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Birch Bark Extract, Spearmint Extract, Natural Borax, Xanthan Gum, Orange Oil, Lemon Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Lecithin, Sucrose Stearate, Distearate, Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase

on 2/7/2009 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't think this was all that moisturizing. I thought this would be super moisturizing but the flakes returning to the parts of my face that i effected by my excema tells me otherwise.
I so wanted to love this. I love the scent but it's just not enough for when my face gets all itchy.
I bought the beeswax moisturizing day creme and that seems to be doing the trick but too bad i couldn't find that at my local drugstore i found it at the gift shop at the hospital i was visiting after my brother's wife had their baby a few days ago.
Right now even though it's not totally what i want i would stil repurchase cus i love the smell and i am sure i could try to make it work somehow. I am sure i will update if this can't be made to work for me though.

on 1/20/2009 12:41:00 AM

I use both radiance day creme and radiance night creme. Just like radiance night creme, day cream has pearlescent color.
At first, I liked it, but now I am frustrated about this cream. I just dont like the texture and smell... and it seems like it clogges my pores....

on 1/15/2009 11:55:00 PM

smell is too strong!!!! can't get past that! the consistency is watery and it doesn't moisturize very well, so i threw it away.

try the BB's beeswax moisturizing day cream instead, that's amazing!

on 1/13/2009 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is my HG moisturizer. I wear it everyday under my makeup. The key with this stuff is to use a little. It goes a long way. Leaves my skin looking dewy. Ive been using this for 2 years. I find that it heals breakouts. Ive also used it to prevent sunburn. Ive repurchased several times and will continue to do so.
PS, I use a little plastic spatula to get the cream out.

on 1/13/2009 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this product! The smell is lovely, and the effects are even better. This gives me a beautiful glow and moisturizes very nicely. I have also noticed a difference in the texture and evenness in my skin. Do not be afraid to try this because it's Burt's Bees. This is nothing like the hand creams. It works!

on 1/10/2009 5:48:00 AM

Unfortunately, this was not for me. I bought it online and used it instead of my usual day-time moisturizer but it did not do anything for me - it did not break me out either though. But when I applied it it left a horrible sticky layer instead of sinking into my skin, and my skin felt dry and tingly (and not in the good way). All in all not something I would buy again, or even use up - I think I'll give the pot away. The smell was wonderful though!

on 1/4/2009 1:25:00 PM

Got this in a gift set and have used it for about a week in lieu of my regular Oil of Olay Complete. This is much more moisturzing and is great for winter...thus far I love it! Great consistency...it glides on my skin very well. I really do think my skin looks more radiant! I have not yet experienced any kind of breakout with this (which is typically what happens when I try a new moisturizer). I don't really notice a smell at all. I think I may buy a bigger jar of this when I run out of the sample I have. The only improvement I would love is some sunscreen added to it.

on 12/18/2008 11:46:00 PM

I really like this product! I generally have really good skin, but it can be quite sensitive- I can't use a lot of facial moisturizers b/c they break me out, and I can't wear chemical sunscreens (but I can wear physical) because they break me out too. So for years, I've been using Aveeno moisturizer (the one meant for the body) on my face. But I decided to stop using the Aveeno because I felt like it was clogging my pores a little (even though it never fully broke me out).

I picked Burt's Bees Radiance Day Creme because I love the idea of using a product that is not stuffed with chemicals, but I was wary because their Beeswax lip balm gave my lips an allergic reaction and made them rough and bumpy. But Radiance Day Creme has been great for my skin! I've been using it for about a month and a half now, and it makes my skin very soft and supple, and does impart a bit of a "glow". However, it's winter right now, and I could probably use a BIT more moisture. But it still does a great job, and for the rest of the year, I think it would be perfect.

Some reviewers dont' like the jar packaging, but I actually prefer the jar to a pump. A pump is probably more hygenic, but getting the last bit out is always a hassle.

on 12/17/2008 2:53:00 PM

I sampled this in the Burt's Bees Radiance kit several months back, decided that I didn't like it because while it is light, it does leave a thin layer of "oil" on top of your skin, no breakouts - but made me shiny. It was too much for me in the summer, so I stopped using it.

Now that it's the Winter, I decided to give it another try. Still shiny... but perfect for the winter as my cheeks are no longer dry.

Then I came across a solution that made this my HG day cream: I added 1 drop of aloe vera gel to every application. Just 1 small drop did it, made the cream absorb faster, and left no shine on my oily zones. It also diluted the smell, which I found to be a LITTLE too strong out of the jar.

That jar tho - they need to work on that jar. A pump would make this a PERFECT product.

NOTE: a good friend of mine is an industry insider and gave me a sample of the upcoming SPF15 version of the Radiance day lotion. Let's just say that we should all stick with the non-SPF version so Burt's Bees can take the strange sand-textured mineral sunblock out of that product...

on 12/14/2008 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought it because its a great moisturizer and not as expensive as Perricone as an example. I have dry patches from the cold weather, and it does the trick. I **LOVE** the way my face feels after applying it.

Popular Moisturizers