July 29, 2014 | 2044 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product since it's very natural and it smells really great. I decided to get it when my friend brought it over and when I put it on it tingled and cooled my face, however when I purchased it, it doesn't do this and I'm not sure why. No matter how much you wash your face it feels like you've put actual "honey" on your face, even after you're out of the shower...maybe the fact it's burt's "bees?" Or maybe it's just the moisturizing components like Aloe that really stick to your skin to provide moisture all day? I thought it was pretty expensive for a face wash too, at a price around $14.00 or more. I wouldn't buy this product again because I think it's too thick of a face wash and more like a moisturizing cream that you may put on after a shower. But hey, it smells pretty great!!! :D
Thanks and remember to celebrate YOUR beauty everyday! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

Like a lot of other reviewers said, this will leave a film of residue on your face. You only feel like this while you're washing this product off your face because it's a little hard to rub your face. It kind of feels like you have oil on your skin and you're trying to rinse it off with water and it's not working. However, after you dry your face, it feels clean. This is probably because of the menthol in this product - it makes your face feel super tingly and refreshed. I wasn't expecting the menthol in this to be so potent. It's like as menthol-y as an Altoid. The product is a white cream but it doesn't lather or foam. There also isn't much of a scent to this product. This product made me feel paranoid about breaking out because it does leave a "film" on the skin, so I discontinued use. I also felt like it might've been too drying if I continued to use this long term.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by fluttergurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so frustrated with this cleanser. I wanted to love it because I usually love Burt's Bees products, and I'm really trying to minimize chemicals in my skincare routine, but this cleanser does absolutely nothing for me. I remember reading another review of this cleanser that mentioned being annoyed at the fact that the menthol in the product tricks you into feeling like you're really deep cleaning your face, and that's exactly how I feel. And it burns my eyes. Will not repurchase, and the hunt for an effective cleanser continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I ran out of my deeply loved Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser. I needed something to replace it while I waited for my order to arrive(takes 2 weeks being sent air mail) and I have to say I am happy with it. It cleans well, keeps my skin soft and hydrated and gives it a cooling sensation, which is a good and bad thing. I forget sometimes (use to Liz Earle) and rub this yummy smelling cleansing cream all over my face like a mad woman! Including the eyes ( not a good idea, due to the menthol) and it tends to irritate my eye area, but that is my fault not the cleansers, I'm just use to doing it with the LiZ Earle. But all in all I do enjoy this product and I will repurchase when I'm in a bind and can't wait the 2 weeks for my cleanser to arrive by mail. I use this product by rubbing on a dry face and wipe clean with a hot cloth, works like a charm!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by StinaMae4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally like it. I don't have terrible breakouts, but I usually have a constant pimple or two ravaging my good looks;) Haha, but seriously, it cleared up my skin fairly well and feels so fresh and clean on my face. It doesn't make my face feel tight and dried out either. I'm not a huge fan of the menthol, but it certainly makes my skin feel cool and nice. I just hate that I can't close my eyes and rub it all over my face...I have to avoid my eyes because it will iritate them all night and day if I don't:/ It's also too thick for my liking, but I just stir it around in the palm of my hand until it's smooth and creamy. I love that it's natural and I will probably stick to this cleanser for a long long time:)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by technoartist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a very good product! despite my history of serious breakouts after every single product i've used, i tried this out and there was no bumps and no rash. i suffer from extreme sensitivity so i am very picky about what i use, this is so natural and cooling, and it doesnt take away all the dirt, but it does take away most of it and it freshens and wakes you up! you can just feel the natural healthy glowing skin! i wouldnt buy this again because even a little pea sized amount can cleanse your whole face, love it :) its perfect for sensitive, dry, and oily skin. its not deep, but still outer cleansing is perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Rtay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh! Is all I can say, i bought this cleanser based on the amazing reviews and god I wanted it to work! They sell it so well on the blurb on the back of the bottle, but alas it didn't cleanse a thing on my face! I have super sensitive skin and it didn't irritate hence giving it a 2 instead of a 1. I've tried it several ways, willing it to work, as a normal wash on dry skin then wet skin, with a sponge with a washcloth and nothing. After toning there is still a ton of dirt on my face! I think they put menthol in it to make your skin feel cleansed with the cooling sensation, which feels nice but it's just not the case. And in the morning i'm sure there are a few more spots than the night before! Its just doesn't suit me which is a shame because i love natural and cream cleansers, I'll have to stick to liz earle for now, what a waste as I have the whole bottle left! A thorough let - down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by mengandmimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleaner! It's all natural, it feels great on the face, and it cleans well, everything you ever wanted from a cleaner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice basic cleanser...though I wish it actually deep cleaned like its name says it should. I use it in the morning since I use an acne wash (PTR) at night, though sometimes I use it at night too if my face is feeling especially moody. Even though I use a Clarisonic I still feel a film on my face after rinsing, and while I don't expect a squeaky-clean feel (that's not good for your skin), I don't want to feel like something's still on my face either. I have to use a toner (which I normally don't use) to feel really clean, and if I'm using this at night there's still makeup on the cotton ball after toning. I'll use up the rest of this tube but I seriously doubt I'd buy another.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

I have combination skin with an extreme sensitivity issue. I was really surprised that this didn't flair up my skin immediately. It smells like one of those candy necklaces...not overpowering, just a bit. It has a really rich consistency, which I'm not normally used to, but since my skin has been breaking out in a rash with lots of cleansers I decided to give cream cleansers a try. After massaging it in for a few minutes it gets surprisingly cold (menthol cool). It's not bad, it's just really unexpected since it doesn't smell of menthol and it doesn't happen right away. Fun surprise though! I could feel a few of the rash bumps begin to come up after my second use, which means with repeated use it will probably agitate it. I'm going to review a lot of different cleansers for a few washes and use the best of those for longer periods of time. I will probably revisit this... I'll repost when I do!
Update (12/10/11): I haven't used this product in months because I found another cleanser that I LOVE and this one bothered my skin. I'm using Nude Skincare now. Nude is more expensive, but I can't really out a price on a clearing, soft and CALM skin.