October 25, 2014 | 1330 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MyGainYourGloss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I think of this clenser, the words "clean" "fresh" and "cooling" come to mind. When I first bought it I was suprised at the wounderful cooling effect! It made my pores feel cleen and my face brighter! I simply love it! Utill... I bought it over to my friends house, since she has hard water (water that isn't filtered with a soft water system) the soap didn't lather and it was extremly hard to remove! With hard water it leaves a think residue, so watch out, and make sure you have soft water! YOU WILL HATE THIS PRODUCT IF you have hard water! On the other hand, with soft water, you will LOVE IT! Happy clensing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow..I'm surprised of all the negative reviews! I've been using this cleanser for about 2 yrs now and it is just wonderful!!! I have normal/dry very acne/clog prone skin. This cleanser feels like a spa/facial treatment, which can be attributed to the menthol this contains. Many people don't care for menthol but I happen to love the fresh tingling sensation..However, more importantly I love that this product helps keep my skin clear! Every night when I take my shower, I put this on and wait until I'm almost done with the shower (I shampoo/condish, shave, etc first) and then I take a microfiber cloth and remove the cleanser while gently massaging the skin. The result is clear, fresh, balanced skin..love this stuff!! P.S. my hubby loves this stuff too! He says he likes the way it feels :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Amyish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser was what I used for a while. It is nice,gentle,smells good,and kept my skin fairly clear. However it has menthol in it and it just doesn't compare to Origins Checks and Balances :/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by BabySparksmac

This is my HG cleanser. A lot of people complain about this cleanser leaving there skin with a layer on it, its not oil its actually not bad this cleanser is NOT meant to strip your skins natural oil and its not meant to leave a squeaky clean feeling its meant to maintain your skins natural moisture.

THAT ASIDE, I love this stuff!! It leaves this AMAZING cooling feeling on your face and it reminds me of winter and it has the best scent it leaves my skin feeling clean, cool, refreshed and tones.

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended. One of the VERY few products I repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeautycare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not crazy about the effectiveness of this cleanser. I enjoy the tingling sensation that the menthol provides, but the cream is really thick and doesn't rinse off easily. I felt that the cleanser didn't remove make-up and oil very well. If I had a different skin type (such as dry), I might have been happier with the product. I also wish the packaging was more recycling-friendly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product since it's very natural and it smells really great. I decided to get it when my friend brought it over and when I put it on it tingled and cooled my face, however when I purchased it, it doesn't do this and I'm not sure why. No matter how much you wash your face it feels like you've put actual "honey" on your face, even after you're out of the shower...maybe the fact it's burt's "bees?" Or maybe it's just the moisturizing components like Aloe that really stick to your skin to provide moisture all day? I thought it was pretty expensive for a face wash too, at a price around $14.00 or more. I wouldn't buy this product again because I think it's too thick of a face wash and more like a moisturizing cream that you may put on after a shower. But hey, it smells pretty great!!! :D
Thanks and remember to celebrate YOUR beauty everyday! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

Like a lot of other reviewers said, this will leave a film of residue on your face. You only feel like this while you're washing this product off your face because it's a little hard to rub your face. It kind of feels like you have oil on your skin and you're trying to rinse it off with water and it's not working. However, after you dry your face, it feels clean. This is probably because of the menthol in this product - it makes your face feel super tingly and refreshed. I wasn't expecting the menthol in this to be so potent. It's like as menthol-y as an Altoid. The product is a white cream but it doesn't lather or foam. There also isn't much of a scent to this product. This product made me feel paranoid about breaking out because it does leave a "film" on the skin, so I discontinued use. I also felt like it might've been too drying if I continued to use this long term.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by fluttergurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so frustrated with this cleanser. I wanted to love it because I usually love Burt's Bees products, and I'm really trying to minimize chemicals in my skincare routine, but this cleanser does absolutely nothing for me. I remember reading another review of this cleanser that mentioned being annoyed at the fact that the menthol in the product tricks you into feeling like you're really deep cleaning your face, and that's exactly how I feel. And it burns my eyes. Will not repurchase, and the hunt for an effective cleanser continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I ran out of my deeply loved Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser. I needed something to replace it while I waited for my order to arrive(takes 2 weeks being sent air mail) and I have to say I am happy with it. It cleans well, keeps my skin soft and hydrated and gives it a cooling sensation, which is a good and bad thing. I forget sometimes (use to Liz Earle) and rub this yummy smelling cleansing cream all over my face like a mad woman! Including the eyes ( not a good idea, due to the menthol) and it tends to irritate my eye area, but that is my fault not the cleansers, I'm just use to doing it with the LiZ Earle. But all in all I do enjoy this product and I will repurchase when I'm in a bind and can't wait the 2 weeks for my cleanser to arrive by mail. I use this product by rubbing on a dry face and wipe clean with a hot cloth, works like a charm!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by StinaMae4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally like it. I don't have terrible breakouts, but I usually have a constant pimple or two ravaging my good looks;) Haha, but seriously, it cleared up my skin fairly well and feels so fresh and clean on my face. It doesn't make my face feel tight and dried out either. I'm not a huge fan of the menthol, but it certainly makes my skin feel cool and nice. I just hate that I can't close my eyes and rub it all over my face...I have to avoid my eyes because it will iritate them all night and day if I don't:/ It's also too thick for my liking, but I just stir it around in the palm of my hand until it's smooth and creamy. I love that it's natural and I will probably stick to this cleanser for a long long time:)