July 30, 2014 | 2075 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great gentle cleanser. That said, if you want your cleanser to foam, do not buy this. I massage a dime-size dollop all over my face, wait a few seconds, then rinse off with warm water. It cleanses without drying my skin and I will have to throw the bottle out before I can use it all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by everitt4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years, and now that I'm getting older, it's my go-to facial cleanser. During pregnancy, it's been perfect for my morning routine. Not too tightening, gentle enough now that I've got more of a "glow" to my face and am overall less oily than before.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by phoebe9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just bought this cleanser last week after using shiseido 'perfect whip' and returning it. I had a bad reaction to that product- the amount of chemicals contains in a single cleanser is disgusting. After a single wash my usually resilient skin was dry, irritated and broke out in a rash. You could feel the chemicals as you used the product.

So it goes without saying that I was looking for a replacement cleanser that was gentle and relatively natural but still effective to use on my combination/acne prone skin. This cleanser was exactly that. I didn't have high expectations, mainly due to the price ($18 AUD) and few ingredients, but I was really impressed. I have tried so many cleansers, most recently finished a bottle of Avene Cleanance, but this was so much better. I love that it feels natural and gentle, and its a really nice consistency- between a gel and a cream. The bottle is great and hygienic and the cleanser removes all my makeup without any residue or tight feeling. After cleansing, I am left with baby soft skin that glows and looks much clearer, and has a slight natural 'green' fragrance which is refreshing. This cleanser has rebalanced my skin, and I have less breakouts and dry areas, with a more even skin tone.

I would have never thought you could get such a good cleanser for less that $20 but I have been proved wrong. This is definitely my new HG cleanser and I highly recommend it to anyone with normal/combination skin. The only negative is that it contains methylparaben, otherwise it would be a perfect cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by xogabr13lla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was an early Christmas gift to myself and let me tell you, I am glad I bought it.

This cleanser has virtually gotten rid of all my acne. How? I'm not quite sure, but as it has gotten rid of my acne, it has also made my skin so much smoother and softer. I usually have to use harsh products to control my oily combination skin, but this does just fine, while still leaving my skin moisturized. I have noticed that my makeup has a better application now that I am using this product.

It's $20.00, which isn't cheap, but I have been using it for about three weeks, and my bottle is basically still full. Also, it gives you a lot of product - like 16oz worth of product for that price. Not too bad!

I definitely would recommend this to anyone with oily combination or combination skin! It's a great buy and I know I will definitely continue to use this product for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Prissbella

I guess after always coming back to this for over 7 years it's long overdue I claim this as a favorite. No super bells or whistles just a nice cleanser that never breaks me out. I adore the scent and love that it doesn't foam up. I wish it had a better ingredient list but all in all it has minimal ingredients. It's also priced super well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Vdelga6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I loved the smell and fresh feeling of this cleanser, I don't feel it actually did any deep cleansing. I have combination skin and my T-zone easily forms whiteheads so I wanted a gentle/natural cleanser but unfortunately it couldnt control my oil throughout the day. I didn't form new whiteheads but my skin became very shiny towards the middle ( I also used the yellow toner by badescu). So if your skin gets oily fast, not sure this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by elliemarie17

Miracle in a bottle! I've been using this stuff twice a day for only 3 days now and I am already seeing major improvement in my skin! I am a young teen with acne-prone, oily-combo skin and this stuff really helps clean my pores, unclog blackheads & whiteheads, and even prevent & clear up my acne! I really love the texture and smell of this product. I feel like I am actually treating my skin with this, unlike most of the non-working drugstore cleansers out there. I have used so many and I've finally found the cleanser I've been looking for all these years! It hasn't cleared up my acne but it is helping and I can really see a difference already that my skin has improved. I exchanged my MB Acne Cleanser for this and I am so glad I did! That product was okay but didn't really do anything to help my acne, but this does! It does not irritate my sensitive skin or dry it out, but it does help my oily skin become more matte..and I think that's awesome! It's also evening out my skintone! I have never used a cleanser that does so many amazing things for my face. I am truly impressed thus far!! I will write an update in a week or so to show progress.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a good product for me, this plus another MB product left my skin very irritated and I'm still working on repairing my skin barrier 6 months later. At the same time, my acne cleared up completely while using this and I broke out again when I stopped so I might have had more luck with this product when I was younger and had oilier, less sensitive skin. Also, I really dont trust MB's ingredient listings as this product seems to have color and fragrance added and there is none listed (this is not the only one of their products I've seen where the ingredients don't add up.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

Yes, yes, yesss. I love this stuff! I ordered this product off of Hautelook so I got it for an awesome price ($18 for 16oz if I remember correctly).

First off, the bottle is effing HUGE. I have a feeling this cleanser is going to last me a year, maybe even longer. With this product, I only need to use the tiniest amount! A pea size and a half is perfect. This is the first non-foaming cleanser that I've tried so it definitely took a bit of getting used to. It's a really smooth consistency. I occasionally use this with a Skinsonic (Clarisonic-type cleansing brush) but I actually like it more when I just use my hands.

The smell of this cleanser put me off a bit at first but now I'm used to it, I don't even notice it. I really like the color and sometimes it looks like there are shimmers in the product!

I like the fact that there are so few ingredients too. I can pronounce everything in the list. That's one of the reasons I really wanted to try these products.

This cleanser really has helped me skin a lot! I was previously using the PTR Beta Hydroxy Acid cleanser, which I loved, but this Mario Badescu cleanser has just stolen my heart. My skin is so smooth, it's ridiculous. Like, my face seriously feels like a baby's butt. I rarely break out now and I feel like it's even helping the blackheads I've got too. The main reason I wanted this cleanser is because of the gentle exfoliation because of the papaya extract. I feel like this is helping my hyperpigmentation a lot! Whenever I get a pimple, I always get a dark spot afterwards. This cleanser is helping to fade those.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Productboi20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Over all fun, average cleanser... too large of bottle.. make you feel like you are using a bargain brand or something. Not bad to use as a body wash in all honesty.