December 22, 2014 | 1580 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Grac13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best cleansers I have come across! I tend to have oily skin with an even oilier t-zone during the scorching Sydney summers, although come winter, my face needs a little bit of assistance maintaining moisture in my cheeks.
I have always wanted try this cleanser as I've heard nothing but good things and I've never looked back. Very gentle on the skin, and leaves skin feeling clean but not tight and dry. It also smells divine! Overall I'd haves to say its an excellent all-round cleanser, perfect for all skin types. My only gripe is that it doesn't remove makeup as well as I'd like but that just means I have to cleanse twice, which is no biggie for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I give this product credit for ridding my face of all acne. I never had bad skin before, just a pimple here and there but I was never lucky enough to be pimple free for more than a day. Now, my skin has been clean for a week straight!! I went online and took the quiz to get suggested products and then I got sent samples, I used those and my face began clearing up so I bought the big bottle and now my face is so soft and clear! It took about two weeks to get clear then about three to get to where I am now (no red marks, no scars).

I think this smells great. It is pretty thick so it feels like a little facial every time you cleanse! It takes time getting used to a non-foaming cleanser but i guess it makes sense because the detergent is harsh on skin so this non-soap cleanser is gentle but effective.

I think anyone should give it a chance! Most Nordstroms have a counter so go ask for a skin consultation and get some samples! You wont be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by rkau5472

Have been using this cleanser for about a year now and love it. I use it toremove make up and cleanse twice a day - used to get bad acne on my chin and have had zero since i started this.
Highly recommended with the buttermilk moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by neepa1203

LOVE this cleanser! I decided to buy this after reading some glowing reviews on this product and my skin was looking rough after having dance rehearsals everyday (sweat!) and having numerous tests (stress!) in one week. I have always suffered from acne spots but it had never been to the point where I have several at once. So when I found out that this enzyme cleanser had natural AHA's in it I was game to try it. I bought this at a boutique for $12 (8oz.) I have been using it for a month coupled with the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner and what a difference in my skin! I literally noticed a difference in a week. So I don't use this cleanser to take makeup off (even though it can/does) just because I had an old bottle of the Purpose Gentle Cleanser still left and I wanted this enzyme cleanser to really work on treating my skin rather than working to take off makeup. I get just a dime size amount and work it into my face, it doesn't lather but it glides on really smoothly. Then I wait for about a minute, just letting it sink in, and then I get my Clarisonic Mia and really work it in. Afterwards I just rinse and pat my face dry. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and I sort of enjoy the fresh, fruity smell. Definitely recommend trying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by bittersweet_delite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for about 4-5 months now. I am from a town about 45 mins away from Toronto, Canada, and I bought this at Ulta while on vacation in Florida.

My first mistake as purchasing something that is so difficult to find where I live. My second mistake was buying the smaller size (8oz).

IMO This cleanser is perfection. I use this on its own in the morning and with my clarisonic mia at night and together they remove all my makeup (including non-waterproof mascara, long-wearing foundation, blush, concealer, etc). It rinses clean, leaving no residue what-so-ever. That said, it doesn't strip my skin or cause irritation. I ALWAYS have to put on moisturize right after I was my face, but sometimes I really dont feel like i need to after I use this.

To me, in the states it is so affordable for something this great...i cant remember but the HUGE 16oz bottle of this was around $20 (give or take a few $). I have spend $30+ on HE cleansers that are half the size and just do not preform as well as this one. Unfortunately, I must resort to buying this online and paying for shipping which hikes up the price of this to almost double :'( ...But for this, I will do that! And its worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by carabara84

I have been using this cleanser for well over a year and although it's not perfect, it meets almost all of my requirements for a cleanser. First of all, it doesn't dry out my skin or cause irritation. I have tried TOO many cleansers (HE & DS) that make me feel tight, dry and itchy. This cleanses well and is so mild. It doesn't remove all of my makeup on it's own (I just wear powder foundation and blush), but when I massage it gently into my damp skin for 1 minute and then remove with a wet cotton round it all comes off. This stuff is perfect for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by aureliationg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I first use a cleansing oil to remove makeup, then I use the Enzyme Cleansing Gel with my Clarisonic Mia, concentrating on my t-zone.
I've noticed my acne scars fading and my skin is a lot smoother. My pores have looks a lot clearer and I noticed my skin looking brighter,
I have sensitive skin and this doesn't affect me in any way,
I would definitely recommend avoiding your eyes with this gel as it will sting.
After using this gel I use the Alpha-Grapefruit Lotion and I think this combination is the best. : )
Edit: I have to add in here that the Enzyme Gel is FAB for removing makeup from brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This product alone has made the greatest impact on my skin, and it only took about a week to see a difference. No, it's not a miracle worker, but I did see visible results, and get a lot of compliments on my skin now.

I don't have disaster skin to begin with - I wouldn't call it great, but on the grand scale of things it wasn't bad. Without this product, I had combo skin - oily on my forehead, normal on the cheeks, and dry around my mouth and chin. I always had a couple big honkin' pimples floating around my face, which would leave awful purple scars that refused to fade. I also had some very large pores on my cheeks and forehead. Overall, my skin was a little dull and sallow-looking, but nothing a little foundation couldn't fix.

About a week after I started using this product, I noticed my acne scars had started to fade, and the blemishes that I did get were smaller, and this didn't scar as badly - I could handle them very easily with a spot treatment. About two months later, I started noticing that my pores were visibly smaller, and my skin is showing a little more radiance. These results are probably a result of combined use with the MB Glycolic Acid cleanser, which I added a month after the Enzyme Cleansing Gel. My forehead is also less oily, though my chin is still dry. I still get nasty giant spots, but it's more like one every couple months. I think my skin is also half a shade lighter, which may or may not be desirable to you.

For reference, this is what I used to use:
Kiehls Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser
Kiehls Cucumber toner
Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Cream + jojoba oil

This is what I use now:
MB Enzyme Cleansing Gel (morning + 4 nights a week)
MB Glycolic Acid Foaming Cleanser (3 nights a week)
Kiehl's Cucumber toner
LUSH Celestial + jojoba oil (only add jojoba oil at night)

An important note on this cleanser - it does NOT take off your makeup. I rely on a separate cleansing oil to remove any traces of foundation, etc, whenever I'm wearing anything and then follow up with this product, because this cleanser is NOT strong and does not foam. It will clean your face of any dirt and debris that accumulates during the day just fine, though.

I guess I didn't really say anything about the product itself - it's a green gel. You rub a little on your face (did I mention the bottle is cheap AND lasts forever?) and rinse it off. It doesn't leave my face feeling dry, and cleanses excess oil from my face. It smells a little fruity - I don't think this is fragrance, I think it's the natural papaya and grapefruit extracts.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Ashes83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have combination skin with an oily tzone, and dry spots on the cheeks and around the mouth. cetaphil did nothing for my oily spots, and harsher things reaked havoc on my dry spots. this cleanser is perfect for me because the grapefruit helps my oily spots and the gel, non-foaming formula helps with the dry spots. i have not had my usual humongoid menstrual zits in a long time, and my complexion is glowing. i find that my skin feels softer if i rinse with cool water. a pea sized amount does the trick, but in the summer i may go overboard, since the gel is so cool.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the feel of this cleanser but the smell was too strong for me. It did a really nice job of cleansing and did not leave my face feeling taunt. However, about 20 minutes after washing with it, my cheeks started to burn. Looked in the mirror and found that my rosacea cheeks were bright red. I do not think this is a cleanser problem, it is a problem with my sensitive skin. Funny thing, only my checks got hot and flushed. It did calm down by morning but I am going to have to give my bottle of this to my DD. I am not taking lippies off because of my own experience because I have fragile skin. The bottle is nice and simple, the gel non-foaming does work well, but again, too much scent. Maybe it was the scent that affected my skin.