September 30, 2014 | 1057 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 8:26:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

This was at the Sephora counter when I was checking out, and for some reason I just had to get it! I had the original and strawberry one a long time ago, but they've been long since lost..and I never really felt compelled to get replacements until now. You'd think minty rose would be a gross smell combo, but surprisingly it's not bad. It's more rose-y mint scented in the tin, but on my lips it's more minty scented imo. It also has a light cool minty tingle which I personally like. The tin is uber cute too, though I hate tins and the lid sometimes is hard to pull off. Aside from packaging, this stuff is super moisturizing without leaving a gross white ring around your lips. It doesn't really have any color on my fairly pigmented lips, but overall it gives a nice natural shine. Definitely will NOT be losing this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by AlexiaDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful lip balm. I got this as a last minute purchase at Sephora, and I'm incredibly glad I picked it up.
It's slightly tinted, a very sheer color. It looks very natural on my lips, but it gives them a shine and dewy glow. I've found that the light pink color really adds brightness to my face as a whole. The scent is very pleasant, and not overpowering. It leaves my lips with a nice, sweet taste, which I like a lot. It also moisturizes quite well, and has a nice slight tingle from the mint-- a bit like Burt's Bees original lip balm, but taken down a notch.
The tin container can be a bit hard to open (especially if it's sitting in a colder environment), but I like the packaging. The texture of the balm changes with temperature as well (harder when it's cool, softer when it's warm), but I think that's true with a lot of lip balms/salves.
Overall, I do love this product, and would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by thesehazeleyez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I love this product and would purchase again. It's great value and is very soothing on the lips. A bit slippery so I wouldn't recommend putting it under anything but gloss. Definitely provides lots of moisture and is superior to many other balms I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Lala04

<3 <3 <3 Love, love, love, this product. I liked the original, but the addition of the mint blows everything else in a pot out of the water. It makes your lips look soft and rosy with a hint of sleek shine. The mint gives you a refreshing zing. This and my Shu Uemura eyelash curler are my two biggest must haves.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by graceland11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Rosebud products! I am addicted to this tinted lip balm as it makes your lips shiny with a subtle tint of pink sheen and moisturizes like you wouldn't believe! I wear this when I am not wearing lipstick or gloss and it is fabulous. A little takes you a long way too so it's a very good value. I keep a regular lip salve container in my nightstand next to my bed and put it on my lips and cuticles before I go to bed. It has multi-usage value too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I am a big fan of all the Rosebud family. They're like an awesome skin dryness army. This one smells exactly like the original, just minted, like the name. I wish they had SPF. Then they would get used constantly. Still awesome products, though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is addicting! It's not very long lasting, but still it leaves your lips very moisturized and soft long after it dissapears. I love the cool mint feeling of this. I wasn't sure about the rose scent, as i normally don't like perfumey lip products, but it's faint and fades quickly. Overall this is a great balm, and the size of the container is huge so i don't mind applying it frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this so much. I was using Burt's Bees for forever and finally decided to try this. So much more moisturizing and I love the bit of rose in the smell. It lasts for forever. I also love the coolness of the mint. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

great product. it feels amazing my my lips and it also makes a wonderful cuticle moisturizer. the tin is not my favorite packaging but the i like the product so much it doesnt bother me too much because ive dealt with tins FAR worse than this (burts bees). lots of product for the money. my mom swears by this stuff too. i just ordered the bramble berry one too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I do like the Minted Rose lip balm, and I'm sure I'll manage to use up my tin eventually, but I actually like the original formula slightly more. It doesn't seem quite as soft to me as this one, and the smell is more faint (whereas the mint smell of this balm is quite strong).

I think of the Smiths salves as being more of a protective layer, or something to seal the moisture into my lips rather than primarily adding moisture. It stops my lips from drying out, and it does that well. If my lips are already feeling dry, this does help some, but a more moisturizing balm helps more.

This Minted Rose salve is somewhat more colored than the original salve, and I do think it adds just a little hint of color to my lips. I think that's part of why I don't use it for all sorts of other things (like cuticles or a sore nose when I have a cold) like I do with the original salve. Though I do like the minty smell, I like the smell of the original salve somewhat more.

Overall, this is a good product, but having tried both this and the original (as well as the strawberry one, but more about that in another review), I know I like the original Rosebud Salve the best.