August 23, 2014 | 1775 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Lala04

<3 <3 <3 Love, love, love, this product. I liked the original, but the addition of the mint blows everything else in a pot out of the water. It makes your lips look soft and rosy with a hint of sleek shine. The mint gives you a refreshing zing. This and my Shu Uemura eyelash curler are my two biggest must haves.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by graceland11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Rosebud products! I am addicted to this tinted lip balm as it makes your lips shiny with a subtle tint of pink sheen and moisturizes like you wouldn't believe! I wear this when I am not wearing lipstick or gloss and it is fabulous. A little takes you a long way too so it's a very good value. I keep a regular lip salve container in my nightstand next to my bed and put it on my lips and cuticles before I go to bed. It has multi-usage value too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I am a big fan of all the Rosebud family. They're like an awesome skin dryness army. This one smells exactly like the original, just minted, like the name. I wish they had SPF. Then they would get used constantly. Still awesome products, though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is addicting! It's not very long lasting, but still it leaves your lips very moisturized and soft long after it dissapears. I love the cool mint feeling of this. I wasn't sure about the rose scent, as i normally don't like perfumey lip products, but it's faint and fades quickly. Overall this is a great balm, and the size of the container is huge so i don't mind applying it frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this so much. I was using Burt's Bees for forever and finally decided to try this. So much more moisturizing and I love the bit of rose in the smell. It lasts for forever. I also love the coolness of the mint. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

great product. it feels amazing my my lips and it also makes a wonderful cuticle moisturizer. the tin is not my favorite packaging but the i like the product so much it doesnt bother me too much because ive dealt with tins FAR worse than this (burts bees). lots of product for the money. my mom swears by this stuff too. i just ordered the bramble berry one too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I do like the Minted Rose lip balm, and I'm sure I'll manage to use up my tin eventually, but I actually like the original formula slightly more. It doesn't seem quite as soft to me as this one, and the smell is more faint (whereas the mint smell of this balm is quite strong).

I think of the Smiths salves as being more of a protective layer, or something to seal the moisture into my lips rather than primarily adding moisture. It stops my lips from drying out, and it does that well. If my lips are already feeling dry, this does help some, but a more moisturizing balm helps more.

This Minted Rose salve is somewhat more colored than the original salve, and I do think it adds just a little hint of color to my lips. I think that's part of why I don't use it for all sorts of other things (like cuticles or a sore nose when I have a cold) like I do with the original salve. Though I do like the minty smell, I like the smell of the original salve somewhat more.

Overall, this is a good product, but having tried both this and the original (as well as the strawberry one, but more about that in another review), I know I like the original Rosebud Salve the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by kimchix3

This is my HG for sure. I'm a lip balm freak; I've tried everything from Bliss to Fresh Sugar, but I just keep going back to this. It makes my lips super soft, the smell is fantastic, and there's a lot of product for the price. I wouldn't even think of looking at another lip balm!

The feel is really silky, and while it does tint my lips a little bit, it's very sheer. It's super awesome, and healed my chapped lips in a day! Fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I have found my holy grail lip balm. My lips get dry really easy and most balms don't do a thing for me. Previously the only thing that worked as well is clinique's superbalm lip treatment but I am not in love with how sticky it is.
This balm comes in a large tin and smells like a combination of roses and honey to me. It's rather soft for a balm in a tin and goes on smoothly as a result. The color is a dark orangy red and slightly tints my lips but it looks very natural on. I absolutely love the smooth glossy texture and the minty tingle.
It stays on pretty well too, I put it on before I fall asleep and it is still on my lips in the morning when I wake up. This softens my lips so well they stay soft even after the balm wears off, no more chapped lips! This stuff really penetrates.
This is my perfect balm and the only thing that could make it better is if it came in a tube. I will buy this stuff over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Aviolet

*This emollient rose-scented balm comes in a cute little charming tin, which makes its appearance highly appealing. It smells perfume like (I normally wear fruit/food scents), so for those looking for something new, as I was, it's a refreshing change.
*I won't purchase it again because it doesn't last long enough. . .if I apply it after showering, by the time my makeup/hair routine is complete, the gloss has mostly worn off. Also, it turns my lips orange/redish!
*Tin is generously sized, justifying $6.00 retail. continued >>