Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 8/18/2009 4:22:00 PM

I've only been using this product for a few days now, throughout the day and before I go to bed, but what a difference it's already made! My lips have never been so moisturized... I love being able to rub my lips together and not have to feel the chapped skin. Gives a nice, natural dewy look to the lips without looking glossy (good for when you don't want to look overdone!) Love this product, and will continue to purchase it. I thought it was a bit pricey at 10 bucks a pop at first (compared to 4 or 5 dollar drug store balms), but the tin is huge and will last me quite a while! But seeing as how it will probably last me a long time, I've definitely gotta make sure that my hands are clean each time I use it. Also a great cuticle moisturizer :)

on 7/20/2009 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was at the Sephora counter when I was checking out, and for some reason I just had to get it! I had the original and strawberry one a long time ago, but they've been long since lost..and I never really felt compelled to get replacements until now. You'd think minty rose would be a gross smell combo, but surprisingly it's not bad. It's more rose-y mint scented in the tin, but on my lips it's more minty scented imo. It also has a light cool minty tingle which I personally like. The tin is uber cute too, though I hate tins and the lid sometimes is hard to pull off. Aside from packaging, this stuff is super moisturizing without leaving a gross white ring around your lips. It doesn't really have any color on my fairly pigmented lips, but overall it gives a nice natural shine. Definitely will NOT be losing this one!

on 7/6/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a wonderful lip balm. I got this as a last minute purchase at Sephora, and I'm incredibly glad I picked it up.
It's slightly tinted, a very sheer color. It looks very natural on my lips, but it gives them a shine and dewy glow. I've found that the light pink color really adds brightness to my face as a whole. The scent is very pleasant, and not overpowering. It leaves my lips with a nice, sweet taste, which I like a lot. It also moisturizes quite well, and has a nice slight tingle from the mint-- a bit like Burt's Bees original lip balm, but taken down a notch.
The tin container can be a bit hard to open (especially if it's sitting in a colder environment), but I like the packaging. The texture of the balm changes with temperature as well (harder when it's cool, softer when it's warm), but I think that's true with a lot of lip balms/salves.
Overall, I do love this product, and would definitely repurchase.

Overall, I love this product and would purchase again. It's great value and is very soothing on the lips. A bit slippery so I wouldn't recommend putting it under anything but gloss. Definitely provides lots of moisture and is superior to many other balms I've tried.

on 6/13/2009 3:51:00 AM

<3 <3 <3 Love, love, love, this product. I liked the original, but the addition of the mint blows everything else in a pot out of the water. It makes your lips look soft and rosy with a hint of sleek shine. The mint gives you a refreshing zing. This and my Shu Uemura eyelash curler are my two biggest must haves.

on 5/13/2009 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Rosebud products! I am addicted to this tinted lip balm as it makes your lips shiny with a subtle tint of pink sheen and moisturizes like you wouldn't believe! I wear this when I am not wearing lipstick or gloss and it is fabulous. A little takes you a long way too so it's a very good value. I keep a regular lip salve container in my nightstand next to my bed and put it on my lips and cuticles before I go to bed. It has multi-usage value too!

on 5/5/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of all the Rosebud family. They're like an awesome skin dryness army. This one smells exactly like the original, just minted, like the name. I wish they had SPF. Then they would get used constantly. Still awesome products, though!

This stuff is addicting! It's not very long lasting, but still it leaves your lips very moisturized and soft long after it dissapears. I love the cool mint feeling of this. I wasn't sure about the rose scent, as i normally don't like perfumey lip products, but it's faint and fades quickly. Overall this is a great balm, and the size of the container is huge so i don't mind applying it frequently.

on 4/21/2009 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this so much. I was using Burt's Bees for forever and finally decided to try this. So much more moisturizing and I love the bit of rose in the smell. It lasts for forever. I also love the coolness of the mint. Perfect.

on 4/7/2009 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

great product. it feels amazing my my lips and it also makes a wonderful cuticle moisturizer. the tin is not my favorite packaging but the i like the product so much it doesnt bother me too much because ive dealt with tins FAR worse than this (burts bees). lots of product for the money. my mom swears by this stuff too. i just ordered the bramble berry one too!

Popular Lip Treatments