January 31, 2015 | 1870 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i use my 188 to apply my Studio Fix fluid foundation & i love it, it makes my makeup look flawless. i like it better than the MAC 187 because its easier when ur trying to get around your nose & under eyes. u can also use it 2 apply blush/bronzer, its a great brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by nidsters19

The brush works great for cream blush and I do use a lot because of this. I'm not necessarily crazy about the results, but the same as the 187 brush, I think it's because I need to learn some more tips and tricks for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was supposed to be my blush brush. My original plan was to buy MAC 187 but since it was out of stock, I bought MAC 188 instead. When I got home, I tried it on, well, it was too small to be a blush brush for me. Instead, this became a bronzer brush for me. I'm the typical girl that only use one brush for specific kind. For this, I ONLY use my MAC 188 for my bronzers. It's perfect for applying bronzers since you don't really need to put on a lot of bronzer to your face. The end of the bristles are very light, making it easier to control how much bronzer I wanted to put on. Also, since it is smaller than the usual blush brush, it's easier to contour over my t-zone and easier to apply to small areas where I need to put more bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Macupaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I much prefer this one to the 188. I think it's size it perfect, and the feel and look it delivers is a great reason to buy it!

It's fantastic for liquid foundations. The way it blend the color into your skin in is incredible! I use it for my liquids and my cremes and the finished product is stunning!

However, the bristles get plucked out when you start using creme products? Je ne sais pas? And yes, I do know how to wash and care for my brush (at that price, you HAVE TO) It's really unfortunate because the brush is great except for that reason!

I do still recommend buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Kath09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is great for applying blush but I prefer using it for bronzers as it gives the perfect hollow cheek look without overdoing it. It's so soft and applies the right amount of product. I recently also started using it to apply foundation primers (mousse formula) and it works perfectly, I actually prefer using this than my fingers now. But I'd probably purchase the 187 for that in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it for concealer and cream blush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by khelm490

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this brush- its worth the money. You can use it for foundation, highlight, blush- it works great!! I use it for foundation everyday it sheds a little bit but not much and it has excellent application.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:45:00 AM More reviews by swallydbrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is fantastic. I truly did not believe that a brush could effect the application results of my blush and highlighters, but IT REALLY DOES.

This brush applies blush, bronzers and highlighters so naturally, regardless of the product you are using. It allows the makeup to look as if it was a part of your natural face. It is a great brush that can be used for many purposes.

( It is expensive though - but worth it for the quality and finishing results it gives.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is absolutely worth the price. Its so soft and applies everything like a dream! I've been primarily using it for my highlighters, but its also great for application of foundation because you get such great control because of the small size. This brush is also perfect for creme blushes. Its definitely a must have in any brush collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

This was one of my first M.A.C. brushes and it's something I would buy over and over again despite the cost. I like this better then the 187 because I find that not only do I have more control with my applications but I use less of my foundation (since the 187 tends to suck up all my foundation!). This brush is a must have!!