July 23, 2014 | 2122 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by khelm490

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this brush- its worth the money. You can use it for foundation, highlight, blush- it works great!! I use it for foundation everyday it sheds a little bit but not much and it has excellent application.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:45:00 AM More reviews by swallydbrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is fantastic. I truly did not believe that a brush could effect the application results of my blush and highlighters, but IT REALLY DOES.

This brush applies blush, bronzers and highlighters so naturally, regardless of the product you are using. It allows the makeup to look as if it was a part of your natural face. It is a great brush that can be used for many purposes.

( It is expensive though - but worth it for the quality and finishing results it gives.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is absolutely worth the price. Its so soft and applies everything like a dream! I've been primarily using it for my highlighters, but its also great for application of foundation because you get such great control because of the small size. This brush is also perfect for creme blushes. Its definitely a must have in any brush collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

This was one of my first M.A.C. brushes and it's something I would buy over and over again despite the cost. I like this better then the 187 because I find that not only do I have more control with my applications but I use less of my foundation (since the 187 tends to suck up all my foundation!). This brush is a must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Calicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have 2 one for using with highlighter and the other to use when I put on Studio Sculpt.. I heart this brush it blends well and as long as you keep it clean it should not shed..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this at MAC, and later found it at a CCO for ten dollars cheaper and got another:) This is sooo great for everything on the face, bronzing, foundation, powder, blush, highlighter,and all. I think it provides a flawless, lighthand apllication and is very versatile. For facebrushes all you need is this andmaybe a powder brush for heavier application, but its just so great! Just wash and condition your brushes before you use to ensure they last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by malinen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I regretted that I bought this brush. I couldn't get my foundation (Mac Studio Sculpt) to look good and it shredded like crazy. After experimenting a bit, all I can say is that I love this. This and the MAC 217 are my two favorite brushes. The MAC 188 is my staple when it comes to applying foundation. At first I had some trouble with cakyness when using this, but since I've started using less foundation on the brush it works amazingly well. I use it in swirling or stippling motions depending on my mood and the foundation. My MAC Studio Sculpt applies the best when stippling, but the MAC Face & Body foundation works just as well when applied in swirling motions. Despite being made for foundations it works amazing when used to apply blushes. I just pick some color up with the brush and then swirl it on my cheeks. It looks SO natural!

A common complain when it comes to this brush is that it's hard to clean. I always use my oil cleanser to clean the brushes I use together with cream or liquid products and it works great. The bristles are WHITE after using it and the brush looks brand new!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

I love my 188. It's so soft, and the perfect size for my small face. I use it for blush and highlighter, and it's especially useful for very pigmented products. It stands up very well to washing, and hasn't shed at all. I think it's worth the price because I don't know of another duo fiber brush that's this size, and I can't really replace it with any other brush I own. I exchanged the 129 to get this one, and I'm so happy I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by fromsmithwlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very mixed feelings about the 188. On the one hand, it's my favorite brush for highlighting. On the other, most of my highlighters are easily applied with my fingers (my favorite is MAC's Luna Cream Colour Base), so a brush isn't really necessary. It is a very well-constructed brush, I've had minimal shedding and it's very good at blending and giving an airbrushed look. Was it worth the money I paid for the uses I have for it? Probably not. Is it a great brush? Definitely. I think if you use powder-based highlighters this is definitely a good buy, otherwise I think the 187 has a lot more bang for your buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by pinchopeach