August 20, 2014 | 1882 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this foundation. It's a beautiful, moisturizing liquid that melts into my skin. Sand is the perfect colormatch for me. (nw/nc20) I have dry/normal skin. After i've applied this with my 187 brush or buffer brush my skin looks really natural en dewy. Coverage is medium, not full but i don't need that. I always use a primer under my foundation so it stays in place.
The only downside is that it has no pump.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this - it was recommded by the BB MUA for my pale, dry skin. She applied some for me on the day and gave me some in a pot to take home. Coverage is quite light, which suits my skin as it is quite clear. Although it looks lovely at first, I found that it didn't last long at all which was very disappointing as the colour and finish was perfect.

Not for me unfortunately - am glad that I didn't purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Rave for BB Luminous Moisturizing Foundation! Being sensitive to SPF chemicals, I wanted a non-SPF foundation or tinted moisturizer with no scent and a very dewy or luminous finish. BB Luminous has been perfect. It was a bit thick and chalky just applied over moisturizer so I mixed it about 1-1 foundation to moisturizer, and applied this blend over moisturized skin, which worked out fantastic. My winter color is Sand, which works well but is almost too light for me in winter. My summer color is Warm Beige, which looks yellow
before you blend it in, but then ends up looking very natural when finished. I pre-treat with a little extra moisture under eyes and around other dry areas with BB Extra Moisture Balm (non-SPF), then apply moisturizer, then the foundation-moisturizer blend on top of that, and finally add concealer if needed. (My regular moisturizer is Clinique DDML.) If foundation gets too thick in the bottle, mix with some
moisturizer in about the same amount in hand or on face, and the
mix blends out to a beautiful dewy finish - marvelous for mature skin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by ermit

There are other newer, flashier foundations.... but you, Luminous Moisturizing Foundation in porcelain, are the one for me.

Sometimes I get bored and stray, try one of the HD foundations, or a cream compact, or even BB Skin. But I love your medium coverage and truly luminous finish.

I have dry skin and I'm 38. Flakes, fine lines and largeish pores are all issues that I need to deal with, to varying degrees, every day. This foundation takes care of them all. I don't feel too made up, but I do feel polished, when I wear it. A few minutes after applying I set with loose powder and am good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by liz75

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried the Luminous Moisturizing Foundation when it first came out and really didn't like it. The best match was "warm beige" which seemed a little too brown and yellow at the same time. I also didn't like the fact that it seemed to slip off my face within a few hours. So why would I rate this a 5, you ask? Well, Bobbi introduced some cool colors into her foundation line and when I tried this same foundation in "cool beige", I was really impressed at how well the color matched. I'm a neutral with both pink and yellow but not much of each, making a regular beige too yellow and a regular cool beige too pink. However, due to Bobbi's idea of everyone having yellow in their skin, she hit it on the head with this color. Now, as for the slipping off, I just started using my Smashbox primer under it and viola! I have both a perfect match and a long-lasting, luminous foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bogo_pogo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am coming to the end of my bottle of this in Golden which is why I am on this review page - am considering whether to repurchase.

Note: I have very dry skin and sensitive due to eczema - reasons why I went for this in the first place. I use Liz Earle Hot Polish cleanser and exfoliator and Lush Dream Cream as my moisturiser (I know it's a body lotion but works for me). I apply this with a foundation brush and no primer.

Colour: I am happy with golden - I have been to MAC and YSL to find my colour there but not successful yet (I think i may be able to use MAC NC44 and the YSL concealer stick no 4 is fab). For now, golden is as close as it comes. Better colour for summer on me than in winter.

Moisture: Top marks - i find it is very moisturising. If am having a good skin day in terms of dryness, then fine. If the exfoliating and moisturising haven't got rid of flakes, i dont expect a foundation to be able to masque it - instead i don't put foundation on those areas and go light instead.

Finish: It is luminsing in a pleasing way - not sparkly, more glowy. I find it is great for the day time, does not feel heavy. I find that you can wear it light to medium and looks natural when you apply with fingers. However, I dont like the look of it in photos because it looks shiny and I would like something that is has fuller coverage.

I wonder if you can't have both this level of moisture and fuller coverage. I have find MAC prodcuts that claim to do this fall into the cracks and lines of dry skin, accentuating the problem.

I want to repurchase this for the daytime because it looks natural and lasts ok (by the end of work i just want to go home but if i was so inclined, i would probably retouch after 5-6 hours. I want another product for the evening that is matte and full coverage (wihtout having to do 2-3 coats) - I don't need it to last as long in the evening so can compromise a bit on the moisture aspect.

Problem then for me is the price - Bobbi Brown charges £28.00 Luminous Moisturising Foundation. I had forgotten how much it cost and was a little shocked to re-discover this! This price tag makes it diffiult for me to but two foundations.

I am likely to repurchase as it is so much hassle and time looking for a new one and I have got used to the great level of moisture - I think this is something I will miss with another product. Because of the design, i shake it and use the product in the lid. I give it 4 lippies because it does what it claims to do (for me). I do not give it 5 beacuse of the bottle design and the price of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the formulation of this foundation for winter use but it does not work well over sunscreen/moisturizer. As one reviewer said, if you have dry skin, it's great. I don't have dry skin but I have used this foundation on my bare face, and it is very nice. The problem for me is that I wear sunscreen almost daily and need something that works well over it. My other problem with all of BB's foundations is her credo that we all have yellow-toned skin. I'm NW20 and have tried this foundation in Sand (too gray-beige) and Warm Sand (golden beige, which is better). The color match is always not quite there in artificial lighting, and in natural daylight, it is not flattering.

The consistency of this foundation is very nice, and the ingredients agree with my skin. I apply it with my fingers and blend it into my skin and it looks very natural. I do set it with pressed powder. I just can't bring myself to try a third color. MUFE F&B is my HG, but I am unsure if it will work in summer. I thought this formulation would be okay in the dry hot summers in my region, but my face just sweated it off.

So, not a great foundation for me, but for dry-skinned gals with good skin and very yellow undertones, it's probably a good choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by stella84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with other reviewers, unless your skin is

- dry
- unlined
- largely blemish free

then DO NOT try this foundation! It would be way too moisturizing for someone with oily/combo skin, and it would not have enough coverage for someone with lots of skin problems. ALso, if you want a matte finish, this is not for you. I really like this foundation as it really suits my skin but i wouldn't buy it again because of the bottle - i hate getting my fingers in it or accidentally pouring way too much out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

Being a huge fan of Bobbi Brown's products, for winter only, I can't tolerate any of her stuffs during summer when my skin is a lot more oily. Anyway, I like this foundation a lot. As it turns out 2.5 is my color, though I worn 3.5 during summer. This foundation gives me just the right amount of moisturize that I don't really need to wear moisturizer underneath, just my sunscreen, concealer than this foundation. It's quite easy to blend, I normally use a cheapy foundation brush, that's it! Most beautiful of all, MAC's foundation pump fits perfect onto this foundation bottle!!! So no pouring out foundation anymore, 3 pumps is enough for my whole face.

The only disappointment about this is it is not as long lasting as I like. I believe it lasts about 6 hours, then it's all down hill. I have to reapply. Overall, this is a pretty good foundation for dry skin. Never caused any irritation or break out to my skin. The toxcity rating for this mu from the Skin Deep website is 4, which in my opinion is pretty good for a main stream mu.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sffarooqi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for 2 yrs now - here are the pros and cons
+coverage is amazing, just slides on skin
+good range of colors available
+large bottle lasts for 12 mths
-makes skin look dull/ tanned - perhaps as it is too yellow based
-slides off after a few hrs
-expensive
-needs to be set with pressed powder, brush needed (additional expenses)
I will defn not be buying this again