September 23, 2014 | 1738 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by thelastspark

The quality of this product is really really great - it leaves my skin feeling so baby soft and takes away any grain of dirt from my face. It's easy to apply and lightweight so easily packaged, and very simple to use. I've already noticed my skin's oily:dry ratio is now evening out and is already softer - and I've only been using it for 6ish days!

However it is very expensive, it does last a long time and is brilliant at what it does, but it will hurt your wallet. I would buy it again, but only when I can afford it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Beachbum1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. I use it every night and it makes my other skincare products work more effectively.

This is different than other facial exfoliantís because itís not so harsh on the skin. The consistency is very smooth and you donít feel any little beads. I find that great. I hate the feeling of dragging sand all over my faceÖ

The product is expensive, but it does last a long time so it evens out. I personally love it and canít see myself without it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by giant

Hands down the best exfoliator on the market!
I have acne, large pores, flaky and oily skin.
This product made my skin feel so smooth after using and my pores noticably smaller and tighter. my whole face felt so refreshed after. I use daily in the morning after cleansing with environ sebuwash and have to say I thought this would be too much irritation for my skin but I worry for know reason. 4 weeks in to this routine and my skin has been looking better and better. My only tip is to be very gentle when scrubbing with this paste and 40 seconds is long enough!!
On a side note, I tried using baking soda before taking the plunge and putchasing this and this product is way better. The grains and much finer and so polish your skin so well. Baking soda maybe a cheaper but at least try this (mayeb get your hands on a sample) so you can feel and see the difference

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Midnat

Has really smoothed my skin texture and helped reduce the size of my poors. It needs to be used daily to work properly, and I still need to do a 'proper' face mask once or twice a week, but I cannot emphasise how much better it has made my rough, acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by JayCollins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wish I had read the ingredients list before letting the esthetician put this on my skin. I'm having a horrible allergic reaction, probably related to the wheat protein. Now my skin looks like leather...burned, red leather. Snarl.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by sl_yeap

Let me start by saying this is not cheap. There are tons of other facial scrubs out there in the market that is way cheaper. However, they charge you a high price for a reason: quality.

This scrub does what it says. It evens out my skin tone, clear my clogged nose and chin, and helps my other skin care products absorbs better. I've tried drug store products to department store scrubs, and none of them is as good as this. All the other scrubs that I've tried are either too drying or has scrubbing bits that are too harsh for my skin. The Daily Microfoliant is very gentle on your skin (no crazy hard srubby bits).

I know it says "daily", but please don't use it every day. I use it twice a week, followed by a hydrating mask of another brand. My skin is dehydrated and sensitive (not overly though), and this works well for me. If your skin is super dry or easily irritated, I'd recommend only once a week usage. It can be a teeny bit drying, if you have dry skin to start with.

The product gets activated by water. So, please follow the instructions that comes on the bottle. Or else, you'd just waste precious products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my go-to morning cleanser for more than a year and it gets the job done. I wouldn't call it a scrub because once you mix it in your hands with water, it looks like a regular liquid cleanser, since there are no scrubbing particles. It leaves my skin very clean and effectively removes my night time products in the morning, but it is not heavy-duty enough for me to use it at night, because there is no way it can remove makeup. I boutht a salon size bottle and after a year I still have 3/4 left. So it is a very good value for money. Will repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Seriously, what's all this hype about such a mediocre product? This was recommended to me at a Dermalogica shop for treatment of my hyperpigmentation.. along with the hopeless chromawhite C-12. The only visible results after 2 months' usage was a lower bank balance and taught dehydrated skin. It didnt even normalize my hormonal breakouts, though it didn't exercerbate it either. I have since reduced usage to once a week and only after cleansing with a milk cleanser since I find it more drying with a foam cleanser. It should last me years at this rate of usage, and I will confidently add there shant be any repeat purchases for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by azgirl929

This is very gentle for sensitive skin, yet it cleans and smooths your skin. Its powder to start, mix with water and rub gently. The rice ingredient is a great cleanser. I use it 3x a week and sometimes mix it with my face cleaner for a really deep clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by KathleenM415

The Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is one of the gentlest exfoliants I've ever used. It's unlike other face scrubs in that it's a powder (not gritty at all) you mix with water to activate. It has worked really well on my sensitive skin. The salicylic acid in this product has helped to keep my acne in check. I use it about twice a week to keep my pores clear. Though it says "daily," I prefer not to push the envelope when it comes to face scrubs. Expensive, but worth trying if you have sensitive skin and you're still searching for a gentle exfoliant.