August 28, 2014 | 1628 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

Honestly I live and swear by this!! I make my own... what I use:
All natural bio yogurt
A tablespoon of porridge oats
3 crushed strawberries
1/2 tablespoon of honey

mix them together pop it in the fridge for a bit and then put it on my face.. wait for the yogurt to dry.. which will leave a pink residue on your face.. the whole yogurt is seeped into the skin and it will sting only slightly.. very very lightly.. like you can feel the yogurt working that's all.. nothing to worry about, then wash it off and all my spots are reduced and my face looks so much brighter because of the strawberries.. the oats help take out the oils in your face and the yogurt kills bacterias.. try this!! I recommend to anyone.. especially acne prone or oily skin. this will brighten your face!! and the mask is so cheap and lasts! keep it in the fridge though!! x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jaconway89

I cannot believe I didnt know about this before! Such an easy and quick way to use an all natural mask! I use with honey and sometimes aspirin to help with my problem skin. I noticed an immediate difference after washing off. Makes my skin look brighter and makes it really smooth. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Camuika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent! One of my 2 favourite masks i have ever tried and will ever use on my face! I add one table spoon (or a little less) oatmeal to one tbs plain yoghurt and use a clean foundation brush (only used for masks) to apply it cause it makes application much easier. I actually wanted to add a little bit of honey for moisturizing benefits, but i would advise against it as it makes the whole yoghurt mixture very runny and hard to apply- feels as if it's gonna slip off your face any moment and you're gonna have a hard time cleaning up! It's the cheapest and best mask ever and it's done WONDERS at clearing up my acne (i've never had acne free skin for about 6 years now) You can feel the yoghurt really tightening your pores and the acid forcing your pimples to "ripe" or pop, but it's not drying. My only qualms about adding the oatmeal is the mess in taking it off cause it takes effort to clear up and not clog the pipes. The yogurt alone is brilliant and fuss free! I'd recommend this to everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

At first, I was so excited to try this because of all the good reviews on this. I bought plain greek yogurt (1.99 $ CAD). I applied it on my skin and let it on for about 45 min. I rinsed it off with lukewarm water. I was disappointed with the result. Sure, my skin was noticeably smoother but it dried out my skin like crazy. Also, my skin was red and my acne scars were very noticeable. I didn't notice any effect on my pores. Seriously, I'm glad it works for other reviewers, but for me, it was a mess. Maybe I'll give a second try because I very want to love it ! It's cheap and I love that it smoothes my skin tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by xxchromexx

I love this organic mask! For my mask I use Greek yogurt, honey and a teaspoon of pure cocoa. I combine one container of greek yogurt (500 g) with one and a half tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of cocoa (takes away unpleasant scent and high in antioxidants). I apply this cooled mixture (store in the fridge!) with a cheap foundation brush and keep it on for 20 minutes. I then wash it off with cool water and cleanse my face with oatmeal. I apply the oatmeal by putting less then a handful in one cupped hand, allow water to fill the cupped hand and go over oatmeal them clench and squeeze my hand and allow the juices to fall into my free hand. Then I apply the oatmeal juices and a few oatmeal flakes to my face.
I do this every other day during the evening and it works wonders for my teenage face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by risababy

I've been using this mask on and off for years and years now. My skin is dry-combination: extremely dry and flaky in patches during the Winter and slightly oily in my t-zone during the Summer. I get a few pimples here and there from my period or a product, but it's pretty easy to deal with most of the time.
I love this mask, needless to say! I use as high of a percentage of fat that I can find. Usually it is either the 3% fat (in a green tub) or the Balkan style, both by Astro. Sometimes it is on sale for $2 at Wal-Mart (that's when I strike! Ahahaha.) Lately, I've been using it in combination with lemon juice as well. After a shower, I bundle up my hair in a towel to get it out of the way and to absorb the water. Then, I cut a small piece of lemon, rub it all over my face and neck and apply yogurt on top wherever I just applied the lemon. The lemon does sting slightly, so I don't recommend it for sensitive skin. But after a steamy warm shower, your pores are open and the yogurt just cools it down and soothes your skin so nicely. After I put it on, I chill on my bed, watch an episode of a show I am currently into (around 20 minutes) then I wash it off! I usually apply bio-oil after to lock in moisture.
I am pretty lazy, so I love multi-purpose masks. The lemon disinfects and cleanses impurities. The vitamin c also works to brighten dark spots, my acne scarring and discolouration. The lactic acid in the yogurt is a good but gentle exfoliant. And the reasons I chose a higher fat yogurt is because a) it stays on your face better with less dripping and b) the fat is what nourishes and moisturizes your skin, giving it the "plump" effect. Read the ingredients, however. Beware of ingredients like cornstarch or pectin, which are just thickeners added to milk to coagulate it. That's not real yogurt and will not do the same thing!
Add what works for your skin. I've never tried Greek yogurt or adding honey or oatmeal. But if that works for you, stick with it! I love my lemon-yogurt mask. It's cheap and one purchase will last you a while which makes my student-loan wallet quite happy. I've used it in all seasons and I am happy to say that this is a happy and committed relationship that I'm sure will last for years.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by fictionalize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only just taken my first yogurt mask off, and I have to say--I'm impressed. Really impressed. I have a lot of acne scars, some spots, and pretty awful pores. The mask, which I left on for about 20 minutes, has made my skin noticeably smoother and tighter. I have sensitive skin and I didn't notice any unpleasantness or rashes. It feels, and looks, for lack of a better expression, more "hd". It seems to have calmed my spots a little but I don't see much difference to my scars yet. I will definitely use this tomorrow and will try and update again after consist use.

Edit on 10/08/2012

My skin is sensitive, dehydrated but oily, acne-prone and scarred from acne. This mask has helped improve my skin's condition enormously.

I've used this every few days since I first tried it, and though it didn't really help a hormonal cystic breakout I had, it is *really* helping the hyper pigmentation from that breakout! This is amazing stuff. I use full-fat homemade yogurt because that's what I have in the house, and if it's a bit too runny I just add a quarter of a banana to help it stick. I leave it on for a while, probably usually between 20 and 40 minutes, and it makes an amazing difference. It leaves a bit of a residue but I don't scrub it off because I feel it is good for my dehydrated skin. If you don't like it, though, I'm sure it's possible to get rid of it. My mother (53) has very oily skin that is beautiful in texture but has some pretty bad hyperpigmentation. She has also used it a few times (less often than me, because she's not nearly as vain), and it has improved her skin's pigmentation issues and she says it tightens her pores a lot!

I've read a bunch of reviews here that are quite finicky about the type of yogurt to use, and frankly, I think any plain yogurt will do. My skin is oily but I still use full-fat and it works fine. Part of the beauty of this mask is that you can do it without going to any trouble if you have yogurt in the house, which I always do. It's messy but there is no fuss, and it's super cheap! And it really improves the condition of your skin. It tingles a bit when first applied and sometimes I'm worried it will irritate my sensitive skin, but so far it hasn't at all.

This mask is cheap, easy, diy, and very effective. You should really try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

I have the world's ugliest breakouts all over my nose, only the bottom portion though, There's even this whitehead sticking out from the tip of my nose, and it looks SOOOOO hideous!!! But I did the yogurt facial mask and it works wonders! The blemishes over my nose decreased in size and the zits look about ready to be popped. The smell kinds grossed me out for the 10 minutes the facial mask was on, but it was worth it. After rinsing my face clean, I also noticed a little whitening effect on my skin, probably due to the lactic acid in the yogurt. My skin feels softer and smoother, not at all oily and shiny. It really reduces pore size, one of the main reasons why I tried this mask in the first place. Eating yogurt also has a lot of positive benefits, such as reducing the chances of osteoporosis, a ton of calcium in it, and it's really healthy!! However, I only use the fat free yogurt because the flavored ones might cause more breakouts. It doesn't leave a film behind on my face. But this mask is really recommended for those with oily skin! Girls with dry skin can try this, but don't leave on face for more than 10 minutes, it may do more harm than good. Other than that, yogurt facial masks will always be included into my beauty regimen from this day on. It works like magic!
*UPDATE*:
So, it's been 18 days, and I used the yogurt face mask for a whole week, three times per day, and I would just like to say, my skin is more healthier, more clearer, and less oily. My acne has cleared up by more than 50%, seriously! Now, I feel so much better, and so does my skin. I even apply yogurt to my hair, and the results are fantastic! My hair turned from curly-ish/wavy to more straighter waves, and my highlights are like, popping! I am also running my hands through my hair, it feels soooooo soft!!!!! Yogurt is amazing!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this Yogurt mask!! <3 I use Greek Yogurt "Fage" and add turmeric powder and it works great! I been suffering from acne the past 2 yrs and i have tried everything ,,.,believe me, the natural the better ,.,thing is you have to be constant with this natural regimen,., use this yogurt/turmeric mask everyday if you have skin problems, this won't irritate or dry out your skin on the contrary it will keep your skin smoothe ,moisturized, and with a much clearer complexion ,., thing i like about the yogurt is that if you have dry skin it moisturizes your skin and if you have oily skin it gets rid of the excess oil ,.,I have oily skin and the yogurt really controls the excess oils ,.,Yogurt masks keeps the PH balance of your skin . It also contains lactic acid which is good for acne ,scars and wrinkles .I notice i don't have to wear much makeup any more i just use concealer on like four acne scars and just put powder only where i put the concealer.,., Try It! your skin will thank you ^.^

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow wow wow! Cant praise it enough. It work wonders for dry hair and my scarred skin. I add honey to it and apply both to my hair and face. Since my hair is dry, I leave it on as much as I can but min 1 hour. And since my skin is oily, I leave it on my face for couple of min. It just absolutely wows me everytime I use it.