October 31, 2014 | 779 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by julianrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw the raves on MUA and decided to try this mask.Bought a tub of plain Greek style yoghurt (no sugar or any other additives).

First few times: Used two tablespoons of yoghurt straight on face, for 20 mins and rinsed off. Turns out one tablespoon of yoghurt each time is sufficient. Smell of yoghurt was rather strong and yoghurt tended to be drippy. But I love the results! Face has a "glow" and pores look tighter. No redness. I look like I have primer on. Sister asks me why I look radiant ;)

Next few times: Mixed 1 tbsp of finely ground oat bran with 1 tbsp of yoghurt, and as per directions below left in fridge for a few hours. When I applied, mask was easy to spread and non-drippy at all. Left it on for 20 mins.
Ok - this oat mask is much harder to clean off. Had to use a mixture of wet tissue and warm water before rinsing with warm water. Skin was flushed for a couple of minutes, but ok after I gave a quick swipe with Sophyto toner and applied Naruko Apple Seed serum. Finished off with a light touch of Blissoma facial oil.

I'm detecting some little bumps but suspect they may be my skin purging in response to the my new low-pH skin care regime, rather than the yoghurt specifically. Will update.

Highly recommended mask!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by yvonnebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only been doing this for 4 days now but this is the best thing ever!! I have an issue with acne on my jawline on each side of my face that has been an issue for years. In just the past few days, I've noticed the dark marks from past breakouts disappearing and the bad breakouts coming up and healing a lot faster. I've been to a dermatologist and have tried taking pills and using topical creams and nothing has worked as fast as this and the best thing is that there are no side effects and no drying out of my skin. I read that it brings up all of the breakouts that were already forming under the skin, and that it can get worse before it gets better, so I'm going to keep going and see what happens in a couple of weeks but so far I am very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by GlowingCandlelight

I have weird skin. It's not quite combo, but my skin easily varies between dry, normal, and oily. It tends to first get dry and flaky, then oily, and this results in pimples. I tried the oil cleansing method to get rid of this, but the next morning I had two red pimples on my inner cheek area and it was just ugly. It didn't heal easily, either. It did eventually go down, but every since then, I've had more facial redness and red pimples. It used to be just skin colored bumps, but now they are pinkish red. -__- It's been 4 weeks, and things have not been getting better. I didn't like my reflection in the mirror, and I felt dirty and less confident. Until I used yogurt.
I've tried fat free, 2%, and full fat. I prefer greek over normal yogurt, since it's creamier, like a mask and looks like a spa mask on your face. Fat free is more "plumping" and makes my skin feel the softest. It's super easy to remove, too. Fat free doesn't give me as much plump softness, and it's really hard to remove. My face doesn't react well to scrubbing, so I try to be gentle when removing, but it takes forever. 2% is somewhere right in the middle. It's not too hard to take off, and it still makes my face feel moisturized and soft. However, I still follow up with a tiny coat of Vaseline on the parts where my face feel tight.
This mask left on for 20-30 minutes has helped my skin like nothing else. I've tried benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. It didn't help much. This mask helped reduce redness the next morning (when you wash it off, your skin doesn't look better at all), flattens bumps, and sort of "sucks" out the pus in your pimples. I hate this purging thing, but with this yogurt, it comes to the stage of being poppable very fast, and it's not like all your little pimples become huge gross whiteheads. Just one or two at a time. It also pops some of the pimples that already have a head. Sometimes when I wash the mask off, the pimple is literally gone. I don't know where it went. O_o
This mask also works well mixed with squeezed strawberry juice, which has natural salicylic acid. Just make sure to use greek when adding strawberry juice, or else the mask will be too runny. I just choose a small strawberry and squeeze it into the yogurt. I only squeeze out the juice and I eat the rest. :)
*An extra note: After I moisturize with Vaseline on my dry areas after the mask, I use the remaining residue on my fingers and lightly brush the pimple areas. Then I put 2% salicylic acid and 2% benzoyl peroxide together on ithe pimples. My skin is really sensitive, and this never has irritated/agitated my skin. It really works. I think the yogurt helps cleanse the pores, which makes it absorb the rest easier. The benefits of the yogurt itself help a lot, too. I could ditch the products, but not the yogurt. After 2 days, my skin, which has been relatively red and bumpy for a few weeks, is much smoother and better. I really hopes this helps all of you.

Oh! I forgot. If you have any shallow indents on your face from pimples, this will make them less pigmented and more shallow. I don't have any deep craters, but any light indents do improve after a few uses of this mask. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd been severely clogged for the past week during holiday. I blame it on myself for not bringing my exfoliator and just being lazy. I decided to take some fat free Greek yogurt and mix in some lemon and honey. It felt so cool on. I left it for 30 minutes and washed it off. I placed some genifique on and this morning my face felt. SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BUM. Ahhh! I will definitely do this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by bigbu

I love this mask. I use only plain greek yogurt and put it directly on my face. I usualy use 2 sppons. The first one i spread it all over my face and massage it for about 5 minutes. Then i put the rest on my face and let it dry. My skin is pretty good so far but this mask makes my skin feel brighter and inccredibly soft and smooth. I have acne scars but i havent seen it help with fading but this is the only one strengthen my skin and not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

Honestly I live and swear by this!! I make my own... what I use:
All natural bio yogurt
A tablespoon of porridge oats
3 crushed strawberries
1/2 tablespoon of honey

mix them together pop it in the fridge for a bit and then put it on my face.. wait for the yogurt to dry.. which will leave a pink residue on your face.. the whole yogurt is seeped into the skin and it will sting only slightly.. very very lightly.. like you can feel the yogurt working that's all.. nothing to worry about, then wash it off and all my spots are reduced and my face looks so much brighter because of the strawberries.. the oats help take out the oils in your face and the yogurt kills bacterias.. try this!! I recommend to anyone.. especially acne prone or oily skin. this will brighten your face!! and the mask is so cheap and lasts! keep it in the fridge though!! x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jaconway89

I cannot believe I didnt know about this before! Such an easy and quick way to use an all natural mask! I use with honey and sometimes aspirin to help with my problem skin. I noticed an immediate difference after washing off. Makes my skin look brighter and makes it really smooth. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Camuika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent! One of my 2 favourite masks i have ever tried and will ever use on my face! I add one table spoon (or a little less) oatmeal to one tbs plain yoghurt and use a clean foundation brush (only used for masks) to apply it cause it makes application much easier. I actually wanted to add a little bit of honey for moisturizing benefits, but i would advise against it as it makes the whole yoghurt mixture very runny and hard to apply- feels as if it's gonna slip off your face any moment and you're gonna have a hard time cleaning up! It's the cheapest and best mask ever and it's done WONDERS at clearing up my acne (i've never had acne free skin for about 6 years now) You can feel the yoghurt really tightening your pores and the acid forcing your pimples to "ripe" or pop, but it's not drying. My only qualms about adding the oatmeal is the mess in taking it off cause it takes effort to clear up and not clog the pipes. The yogurt alone is brilliant and fuss free! I'd recommend this to everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

At first, I was so excited to try this because of all the good reviews on this. I bought plain greek yogurt (1.99 $ CAD). I applied it on my skin and let it on for about 45 min. I rinsed it off with lukewarm water. I was disappointed with the result. Sure, my skin was noticeably smoother but it dried out my skin like crazy. Also, my skin was red and my acne scars were very noticeable. I didn't notice any effect on my pores. Seriously, I'm glad it works for other reviewers, but for me, it was a mess. Maybe I'll give a second try because I very want to love it ! It's cheap and I love that it smoothes my skin tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by xxchromexx

I love this organic mask! For my mask I use Greek yogurt, honey and a teaspoon of pure cocoa. I combine one container of greek yogurt (500 g) with one and a half tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of cocoa (takes away unpleasant scent and high in antioxidants). I apply this cooled mixture (store in the fridge!) with a cheap foundation brush and keep it on for 20 minutes. I then wash it off with cool water and cleanse my face with oatmeal. I apply the oatmeal by putting less then a handful in one cupped hand, allow water to fill the cupped hand and go over oatmeal them clench and squeeze my hand and allow the juices to fall into my free hand. Then I apply the oatmeal juices and a few oatmeal flakes to my face.
I do this every other day during the evening and it works wonders for my teenage face!