September 16, 2014 | 1954 users online

Lip Treatments - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lip Plump

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ecart1

This product disgusts me, and I normally like Benefit products. The smell is horrible, it smells like a mixture of dandelions and crazy glue. I can see how it would be a good primer for some people, but when I put this stuff on I look like an absolute zombie. It basically hides the natural pigment of your lips, blending them into your skin perfectly, allowing you to "cheat" and draw your lip line outside your natural line with a pencil. It has absolutely no plumping effect, don't be fooled by the name. If you are a makeup artist, this may be a valuable tool, otherwise, skip this crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MissBoop

I like this product. I hate the fact that my lips are so red. I do not look good with dark lipsticks and my lips tend to get really dark when I put lipstick on. I was looking for something like this and a SA @ Sephora recommended it. I like it. There's very minimal plumping. I used to feel the tingle when I first started using it but not anymore. It's been about 3 months. I think I'm going to try something else when I'm finished with this. I think there might be something better out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Loumul

Bought this when I had my make up done at the Benefit counter - totally fooled into buying it! It so does NOT plump my lips but like most of the other reviews, it is a good primer. Very disappointed with Benefit though because I usually like their products, it shouldn't be called a lip plumper! On the back of the tube it says "primer for full sexy lips" - I'm sorry but it is supposed to give you the "full sexy lips" not be the primer. It's very misleading and I won't be buying it again - it also dries out a bit. Not worth the money at all - live in Ireland and Benefit products are fairly expensive here. It changes the colour of whatever you put on over it - of course this may or may not suit.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by cg2264

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product does nothing to "plump" my lips! I did use it occasionally to keep my lipstick on longer, but Lip Plump changed the color of my lipsticks. On a lighter shade of lipstick or with lipgloss, the shade was way off.

Bottom line: No plumping happening with this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoze

This isn't a lip plumper it is more like a really good lip base, it didn't make any difference to my lips. But my lippy stayed on forever! Plus the colour on my mouth made my lipstick a brighter and truer colour! Yet another BeneFit product with a misleading name.
So I would buy it again, but not for its lip plumpling properties!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SuperNude

This is a disappointing purchase. It works better as a primer but will not enhance the fullness of your lips. I personally would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sushilisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

hmmm...there are lots of mixed reviews about this product, although I am a fan of Benefit, I was disappointed with Lip Plump, first of all, like most other reviews claims, it doesn't plump AT ALL, to me, all it does is to neutralize your lip color to prep for a "true to the lip stick color" application, oh, and moisturize. Good for prepping for the old hollywood glamour lips, like Marilyn Monroe,Scarlett Johansson and Christina Aguilera, bright red lips, and usually involves lip liner and all that parade. it's not an everyday must have if u ask me, however, if u will do very dramatic lip application like i mentioned above on a regular basis then maybe this is for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by deebo1973

Really disappointed with this. I have recently started using benefit and think it's brilliant. This does not change the size of lips one bit and it makes the lipstick I put on after feel weird and greasy. It actually makes a better concealer than lip product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by cedarchristie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently bought Benefit's 'Realness of Concealness' package and a small size lip plumper was in it. I would never have bought this on it's own but thought I would give the stuff a whirl. What a surprise! I have very pigmented lips and not in a good way. I can't wear lipstick or colored lip gloss without applying a base first or the color turns nasty. I've used everything as a lip base with varying degrees of success but this lip plumper is just the best. It glides on smooth, stays put, moisturizers, and provides a skin-like color base. Anything I apply over top stays true to its intended color.

So what about the plumping thing you ask? Nope. Not for me. I have thin lips and nothing short of an operation is going to turn me into Angelina Jolie but who cares! I'll repurchase this in full size when this runs out because it's a swell lipstick base.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does nothing to enhance the *size* of your lips but if you're like me and have super dry lips this is less drying than concealer as a primer for your lips. It helps make your lipstick last and fills in some of the lines and creases in your lips (I suppose that's why the might call it lip plump?). I went through a tub of this pretty fast though, didn't last too long.