December 22, 2014 | 1802 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by grenadine_00

An unobtrusive rosy beige, this l/s complements yellow-based complexions(as a reviewer noted below) and a perfect counterpoint to the season's smokey eyes. Never could wear nudes as these washed me out(e.g. Viva Glam V, Nars' Dolce Vita). Perfect for the office as well. Usually prefer reds/plums but will reach for this quieter option on occasion. This may very well be my only "nude" l/s. Moisturizing and hence, not great staying power. However, proceeds go to charity! Makeup for a better world, indeed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 7:57:00 AM More reviews by tummyearth2

This is a great great color. I ordered it without seeing in person based on the reviews and love it. It's similiar to Nars Dolce Vita on me but has a slight shimmer and lasts 50 times better. good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by guil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lippie! It is the perfect neutral on it's own and you can rev it up by using a colored lip liner. The texture is nice, very creamy and moisturizing. This is my everyday, go-to lip color. For reference, I am NW45 in MAC coloring.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am MAC NC30 and my lips are small. It's difficult to find lipsticks that suit me. Somehow this color suits me quite well. It looks very "glamorous" when I wear it. It totally brightens my face. It's a plummy/bronzey color on my lips. I would pair this lip color with soft color blushes and neutral eyeshadows. It's very sheer and light and foolproof, you could build up the color as you apply it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lili1968

After seeing how nice this looks on my mom, I picked up one for myself. On me this looks like a mixture of rose/toffee, and it is sheer but buildable. Somehow, this makes my cheeks look rosy, the same look I noticed about my mom when she's wearing it. The only reason I couldn't rate this a 5 is because I notice that is quite dry, although it is a lustre and I have to freshen it up throughout the day. I will repurchase this because with this being so complexion enhancing, I only need this and a little mascara to look pulled together in no time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I definitely agree with the last reviewer. This ls is so subdued and pretty, that you can put it on alone or layer it with liner and gloss and you can get so many different combos. I love it with Instant Gold lustreglass over it because it gives you a pout. But then if you use the Viva Glam VI lg, it's an entirely different look...sooo pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Ok, why have I never reviewed this?? I bought it literally the day after it came out... used it throughout the season, then put it away when summer came along. Then last night, I was organizing my makeup, stumbled upon it, tested it out, and wondered why the heck I didn't use it more often!

I would describe this as a golden raspberry color. It's not too bright, not too subdued -- I think it just punches up the lips a bit and works best for those with warm skintones. (I am NC25, with dark hair and eyes.) This really makes my skin glow.

Now, one of my main complaints about Lustre lippies is their lasting power. While playing around yesterday, I found the perfect combo for this lipstick... MAC Beurre lipliner (my HG liner - a lovely neutral-pink color)... this lippie, and then a bit of the Viva Glam VI Lipglass layered on top! OMG, it was beeee-u-tifull, I don't exaggerate!

The lippie by itself is great for every day, but when you want to punch it up, the gloss on top really adds a multidimensional effect.

Highly recommend for all warm-toned ladies. If you're looking to support the Viva Glam cause but need something more cool-toned, try VGIV (cool) or VGV (neutral).
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this color yesterday and I do like it, but I just wish it had more staying power. This lipstick is a light shimmery toffee shade that goes on softly and almost a bit sheer, at least on my lips. I think MAC's liners in Sublime Culture and Whirl pair nicely with this. Viva Glam VI is a "Lustre" lipstick which tends to be a lighter formula than say their cremes, satins, or mattes. This color looks like a slightly better version of MLBB. Even though I would not purchase this again, I like the fact that all the proceeds go to MAC's AIDS/HIV Fund. Overall, Viva Glam VI is a pretty shade for "non-makeup days" or for when you do a strong eye and need a neutral lip for balance. But it is not that "wow" factor I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 10:14:00 AM More reviews by snowwhiteRN

Very pretty color lipstick and I love that the proceeds go to help kids with HIV. I will definitely re-purchase this when the time comes. It is very versatile and changes dramatically with different lip liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by laurenlyn1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great everyday color. when i'm in doubt about what color i'm going to wear i either grab this or viva glam V i would buy this again for sure.