November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by LouLou89

First of all let me start by saying I have spent most of my life trying to find a foundation that doesn't look orange against my skin (I have extremely fair skin) and finally after YEARS of fruitless searching I have found the ONE. Perfect Touch lives up to its name by basically being, well... perfect. The girl behind the counter applied this for me and I was stunned by the results.(It was the number 3 in Opal) Though I have to say under artificial light it looks a tad more flawless (perfect for evenings / special occasions) I have stayed with this product ever since. My skin feels baby soft and plump once it has settled with no lines or brush marks. Professional results.
Pricey at around £30 but so worth the money. It comes with a built in brush which is easy to apply after a few times practice but you may need to blend with your fingers as well (as expected with any foundation).
One bottle of this has lasted me over 9 months but after sitting in your bag and being used over and over again for so many months the liquid starts to look a tad flaky when applied so remember to buy a new one!
I am currently saving up for the Flash Radiance skincare brush - cant wait to try it, I shall report back to fellow Yves Saint Laurent fans!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by daruma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I quite like the concept of this and find the brush applicator OK, the end result is quite hopeless - no coverage whatsoever. It's extremely sheer and although my skin isn't bad, it seems to highlight bumps and pores.

edit: I've added another lippy because even though the coverage is poor, what goes on stays on which is very unusual on my greasy nose. I may end up using this as a primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wont repurchase this foundation. I do not like the brush it's very unhygenic, and I still have to spread the product with my fingers anyway.

It is just too shiny for my liking. I have an oily skin, prone to surface dehydration and breakouts, blackheads and so on. This does not seem to help the look and condition of my skin, but suspect it is adding to my skin care concerns. Disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by recipefordisaster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to be completely honest and say that i am not a fan of this foundation at all. I bought it a while ago and the coverage does not work at all. It also is too shiny and makes me look a bit ill, i couldn't tell you why it does this for me and not others, but this foundation is definitely not my type.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by fflor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm using my 3rd tube. I really like this product, its very moisturizing and gives good coverage. You only need little to apply the whole face for sheer coverage and coverage is buildable. I use their loose powder as well and they work together very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by jessae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, I have spent a long time (like everyone else) looking for the perfect foundation for me, and this is it. I have normal skin, sometimes it can tend towards dry, not really acne prone but a little sensitive. This foundation doesn't break me out or accentuate if I happen to have dry patches, nor does it seem to settle into lines or pores. It doesn't make me oily either. Generally, everyone says I look like I have perfect skin, not like I'm wearing makeup, when I wear this. I think it gives the perfect amount of coverage, really evens out my skintone and covers flaws but never feels or looks masky. It smells really good too, kinda fresh, my DH loves smelling my face after I put it on - lol! A little pricey but one bottle seems to last me forever (at least 6 months), so I don't even mind the price. The packaging doesn't even bother me, I have learned how to squeeze out the perfect amount and I even use the brush to apply, it never looks streaky, and the brush never gets stinky. I do wash it but not every time. HG status!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Is difficult to apply,i have to use it with sponge although it gives you radiant but after few hours my face really look oily..The SA choose a wrong shade for me & it makes my face look so pale..It feels so sticky after applying..i still prefer lancome maquicake...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings on this one! The first time I used this I thought I got a shade a wee bit light for my face, but was pleased with the brightening and anti-aging effect, even the smell, a cool cucumber! And then one day as I squeezed the tube out came a gel like transparent fluid, like 3-4 drops and then my foundation that came out didn't have the brightening effect any more. More like dull, my face actually looked darker, like a shade darker on my face!

So, eventually I figured it out..the foundation had separated..I should have shaken, shaken, shaken the tube the first time I used it...what a dumbhead!...But nowhere in the instructions booklet was it given that the tube must be shaken vigorously before using it..what a waste! Now, whenever I use whatever is left in the tube I look like I have rubbed bronzer on my face and that too a bad one! What a shame...will be careful next time!

As for the brush, it is just ok..but if I am in a hurry I do feel it is useful..but I know I am not going to reach for this one that often..The first instruction on this one should be this..Shake vigorously before use! Period!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really disappointed with this product. This is my first ysl product I bought, the SA recomended this to me. Apparently its suitable for all skin-types. I have oily acne prone skin, I told her that but still she hesitated that I buy it. So silly me, I bought it for £30!! ugh.. what a waste of money.

CONS:
- Within 2-3 hours it would begin to melt, made my face oily and look patchy.
- The brush is useless, its hard to control how much to get out of the bottle as you have to squeeze it and when I use the brush, it gives a "streaky" finish.
- Coverage is sheer, maybe similar to a tinted moisturizer! - The smell is overpowering... uuggh..
- When I have this on, it feels like I actually have something on my face! Since I used it I'm back to revlon colorstay I guess.

PROS:
The only good thing is that the shade I bought is the exact match to my skin and doesn't look masky or chaky. Also when first applied my face looks kinda glowy..

I won't re-purchase. I DONT RECOMMEND THIS FOR OILY/ACNE-PRONE SKIN. Save your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sardav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only liquid foundation I will use. I use number 9.
I never thought I would say this as I was a bit put off my the brush but it does work and I looked on you tube to get instructions on how to apply. It is a beautiful product. Works well with the primer. Expensive but worth it.