L'Artisan Fragrances Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 1/26/2004 5:59:00 PM

Very disappointed in this fragrance. I expected smoky vanilla. On me, a floral note dominates and I detect very little vanilla.
It's subtle, inoffensive and not a bad fragrance, but I don't like the flowers.

on 1/20/2004 8:44:00 AM

A most disappointing vanilla. I want the foody scents this is too musky.

on 1/18/2004 3:42:00 PM

I really had high hopes for this one. Expecting warm, smokey vanilla, that's not so sweet, but on me it turned out smelling like sharp green floral with a base of strong musk and just a hint of vanilla... or was it the word "vanilia" still echoing in the back of my head? Anyway, not a pleasant scent and I would not purchase it.

on 12/25/2003 8:29:00 PM

A nice floral vanilla, I can see why Vanilia would be popular. It's easy to wear and unobtrusive, just sweet enough, and soft amber promises just a bit of depth to keep it interesting. A thread of orchid flowers weaves in and out of a smoky, subtly musky accord and keeps this vanilla from summoning associations with food-like extract or pastries. My problem with it is that I find it too floral to give me the cozy comfort I associate with a wonderful vanilla. It's nice though and great for layering.

on 9/19/2003 12:30:00 PM

I've been testing out a sample of this and all I can think is that chemistry is playing a big part here. It is sweet vanilla, almost a little fruity, not cloying or candied though at first it smells like powdery cotton candy on me. I get no spices, no amber, no smokiness. My skin tends to swallow up spices, so maybe the ones in here are just too subtle for my chemistry. It also fades fast. I wanted so much to be wowed by this scent. I can say though that is a smooth, well blended scent and lovely in it own way. I think I'll just stick to Molinard Vanille, it lasts longer and is more complex on my skin.

on 9/3/2003 4:42:00 PM

Mmm... smells like warm vanilla goodness! *Not* your average sugary/cake batter/foody vanilla scent at all. It's a sophisticated, smokey, sandalwoody, and scrumptious skin scent on me. When my decant runs out, I'm definitely going to get more!

on 9/2/2003 9:18:00 PM

I had high hopes for this fragrance since I love vanilla, but not the usual sickly sweet vanilla scents. This fragrance quickly turned to the familiar scent of Play-Doh. Over all I have been very disappointed with L'Artisan fragrances.

on 8/13/2003 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Warm, musky and very sexy. This one is YUMMY!

on 8/11/2003 3:03:00 PM

A very uneventful vanilla scent. It is praised for being so unique but I find it very bland and it strikes me as a "playdoh" scent I smelled in one of the various heliotrope samples I received one time. I would never buy this but it isn't offensive or anything, and it is not foody either. It could be worn anywhere but I want a little more "bang" for my buck on a scent and this doesn't get it. I give it two lipsticks because it certainly isn't the worst smell and the smell doesn't make me angry (I save a one lipstick rating for the real "stinkers"). It would be a nice office scent or for someone who isn't a "perfume" person. It is very light.

on 7/19/2003 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is definitely, as others have noted, not a typical foody vanilla scent. In fact, I can't detect much sweetness at all; instead, it's spicy and almost musky from the initial spray. Dried down it tends to fade away quite a bit (staying power on this, for me at least, was nil) but it does begin to smell more like a simple vanilla as time passes. I do like this quite a bit, though I'm still on the hunt for the perfect vanilla fragrance!

Popular Fragrances