October 21, 2014 | 1594 users online

Palettes - MAC - 15-PAN

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by lian_qiu

I guess there is no point to further describe how great this product it. Just wanted to add one more note regarding depotting.

I put the e/s under a table lamb for about 20 mins for soften the glue. Insert a needle in the crack between the pan and the plastic pot to open a little bit of space. This will create a tiny little dent on the side of the pan, but it's virtually invisible. Then stick something sharp in it and pry it out SLOWLY. I used my pointy metal nailfile to do it, but I think a small kife will work the same.

Hope some people will find it useful :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been reading so much about depotting eyeshadows and putting them in a palette so I thought I had to jump on the bandwagon! Believe it or not, my husband actually bought mine for me off of Ebay (so willing to spend a couple of dollars for one since I am no where near a MAC store) and I can't wait to fill it up. I can definitely see how this makes it easier. It is sort of a pain to have to reach and fish for an eyeshadow. Makeup is not a carnival game LOL. I'll come back later when I receive it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2007 8:24:00 PM More reviews by giseIIe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these empty palettes. I have 19 of them for all of my eyeshadows. As one who did makeup on the side for extra money, I have to say these are really handy. 15 different choices in one thin, good sized little compact. I also like that these palettes also fit Milani and other shadows. For $12, this sure beats the elf palettes. They are $1 for a 4 pan, but when you add shipping and whatnot, the MAC palettes are a much much better deal in my opinion. $12 is not a lot to pay for convenience and overall better storage of your eyeshadows. I dont really agree with others who say the lid should be clear. Why? You have to open the palette to use the eyeshadows anyway lol. I think making a clear lid would take away from the chic MAC design and also make the palette look "cheap." Overall, this is an amazing, handy, everyday product and I dont think anyone can/should really be unhappy with it. ♥ MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i fully agree that mac could make this item a thousand times better if the lid were clear, but that would take away some of the sleek minimalist design we usually expect from mac. as other reviewers have said, if you have a bunch of shadows depotting (or just buying pro pans if you're new to the game) is the way to go. not only would you get some sort of free back 2 mac product, you also have the convienience of having all your eyeshadows orgainzed in whatever way suits you. at the moment i only have one mac 15 pan, two four pans, two ELF four pans and one CG four pan. i like having the option of mixing and matching while i'm on vacation or whatever. and IMHO, there's little that's more fulfilling in the makeup world than a palette that you designed yourself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 11:59:00 AM More reviews by styrch

There isn't a lot more I can say about this pan other than I would purchase it again. However, the SA at my counter did give me a tip:

If you have more than 15 shadows, you can pop the holder out of the inside of this and store about 30 shadows in this pan using just the magnets to hold it in place. She said it works perfectly (she doesnt' lose anything) and it's twice the storage space.

Anyway, some of you may find that helpful. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by evilkim

im already on my second pan and i bring both with me whenever i travel.. i just can't choose. the only complaint i have is that shimmers from my eyeshadows seems to fall out everywhere and makes it super messy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 3:39:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG I finally caved and bought this, thinking I'll fill it with new pans I purchase. Well, my OCD took over and I depotted all my existing eyeshadow pans and organized them here. Awesome!!!! I feel like a professional makeup artist.

On depotting: This takes practice. I was not able to successfully depot (without breaking the shadow) until my 3rd try. These are my words of advice.

For MAC. First separate the pan holder from what I'll call the pot. Open the shadow. Where the hinge is slipin a flat head screwdiver and twist until it pops off. Then take a lighter and hold a lit flame under the pan holder part until you see the plastic melt a bit. Then use the screwdriver head to gently push through the pan in the melted part. I find twisting with moderate pressure is the best. I took the time to wipe down all the glue before I put them in the pallate.

For Milani. Remove the back label. There is a pinhole through which a tack or I used a nail can be used to push the pan through. Also good to wipe down glue.

Thanks to all those MUA's who gave detailed instructions on their successes and failures for their information. Without this site, I did not even know about pallettes and depotting.

Some last words, E.L.F. (eyeslipsface.com) has amazing 4-pan pallettes for $1. Way nicer than MAC's for $3.50. For when you don't want to travel with the 15 pan.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Awesome palette. Great how so many different brands of eyeshadows can fit into these. Would buy many more. =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2006 10:35:00 AM More reviews by laratron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ITEM DESCRIPTION:

The small pro pan palette (also known as a 15 pan eyeshadow palette) from MAC is a slimline black case that stores MAC pro-pan eyeshadows and depotted MAC eyeshadows.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

These very slim containers are made out of black plastic infused with silver speckles, and stamped with the MAC logo on the hinge lid. The bottom layer is magnetised, enabling eyeshaodw pans that are attached to a magnet/magnetised to sit snugly in the case. The entire case is opaque.
Palette stores fifteen eyeshadow pans, other brands may also fit once depotted.

COST:

Depends on regional price. Whilst it can be seen as expensive at first glance, there are few moderate-to-large eyeshadow palettes available in the market.

PROS:

- slimline design, reduced storage space.

- holds a suitable amount of product.

- is reasonably sturdy; can be dropped without shattering but there is no shock resistance for products inside.

CONS:

- is identical to large pan palette (or 'blush palette'), can be difficult to identify once you have a sizable collection stored in palettes.

- the opaque lid makes quick identification impossible. Could be vastly improved by the addition of a transparent lid.

SUMMARY:

Once you reach a sizable amount of MAC eyeshadows, depotting them into palette storage is a must. A palette is a HG item for working make-up artists or travelling make-up afficionados. If you're sick of clutter or simply want to depot your eyeshadows and gain some Back To Mac items, palettes are the way to go. With the addition of transparent lids, this palette would be perfect.

Was this review helpful to you? Please click the 'yes' button below and let MUA know. :) continued >>

25 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 11:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVELOVELOVE the 15 pans. They are SO sleek and fit anywhere. And you know what else is awesome? You can fit different brands in there..urban decay, milani etc. So its not limited to MAC. I use to HATE palettes but once I got too many eyeshadows I decided I needed one. Or two. haha......for now I have 4 15 pan eyeshadow palletes. They just look so pretty next to eachother. THIS IS PERFECT.