MAC Technakohl in Graphblack

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, water, copper gluconate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium olive breens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Super smooth, super easy to apply. The problem I had was definately the staying power but for a night out or a fun event, that would be perfect to a snoky eye.

on 2/26/2010 1:57:00 PM

I had heard that Technakohls were really great for the waterline so I went ahead and purchased one. I usually use my Pearlglides for the waterline and after using this one, I will probably stick to Pearlglides. The Teachnakohl did so so for staying power. I just feel it fades too quickly for me. I feel like I have to constantly reapply this. Wanted to love it but its just ok for me.

on 2/26/2010 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I like the fact that this is a self sharpening pencil, so you never waste any of the product. It has great staying power on my lids and doesn't smudge at all there BUT I give this four lippies because its horrible to use on the water line - it just doesn't last more than an hour before it starts to fade or have interruptions in the line. I would recommend this for good staying eyelid eyeliner, but not for use on the water line.

Because I spend 8 hours in school and have very minimal time to fix my makeup, I needed eyeliner with great staying power.
The lady at the MAC counter told me this wouldn't smudge and I found it to be well pigmented and smooth enough to glide effortlessly onto my eyelids. It was a bit more expensive than the usualy drugstore stuff, but i bought it anyhoo.
8 hours of school later, I looked like a hot raccoon mess.
IT LOOKED LIKE I HAD BEEN IN THE RAIN!

on 2/13/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this eyeliner. It stays on my water and type line much longer than anything else iv tried. It is also very pigmented and not overly priced.

It smudges easily and the staying power is not that great. It took me a few try to make the color show. Also, it breaks a lot... I would definitely NOT recommend this for lining your lower waterline with. I don't really like it. MAC's gel liners are much more reliable. Try that!

On the bright side, I guess it's really black?

on 1/28/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my ultimate eye liner!! Most eyeliners I've tried smudged and leave me with panda eyes but this fabulous little gem just stays where it should be! I've only used it on my top lids and I'm going to try it on my waterline. It's a true intense black and application is a breeze. No messy sharpeners! If you're looking for a waterproof liner that doesn't change color on your lids, this is it.

on 1/21/2010 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This stays on my waterline longer than most liners, for at least 3-4 hours, and then some of it moves down to my lash line. The biggest pro is that it doesn't give me raccoon eyes and the liner never flows down below my lash line.

I'm quite satisfied with this product because almost all kohl liners give me raccoon eyes and never stay longer than 30 minutes. This product does quite well given that my lids tend to get oily, and that I live in a very hot and humid place.

Will probably buy it again, unless I find something that work better!

on 1/19/2010 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was a go-to for me for ages before I got the hang of MAC Fluidlines. I'm not really sure why though, there's plenty of better pencil-style black liners out there. Graphblack has nice pigmentation and goes on smoothly, but it has very little staying power. Over the course of the day, it transfers to my crease and worse, it migrates to under my eyes where it settle into fine lines. Not cool.

However, I've found it works fairly well for tightlining. I'll use my current one up that way, but once it's gone, I won't repurchase.

on 1/19/2010 11:38:00 AM

Smudges like crazy. Powerpoint in Graphic Black is much better. This stuff is awful!

Top Rated MAC Products