April 17, 2014 | 960 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

I am surprised by the numerous negative reviews for this product - I logged in just so that I could rave about it! I have tried dozens of different mascara brands, both cheap and expensive, and this is probably my favorite. I have been using the samples that I received in my recent Chanel orders and have frankly been blown away by the quality of the brush, which is hard and covered with small nubs - it reminds me of the MAC Studio Fix mascara that I had been previously using, but with a better formula and applicator. I would not necessarily recommend this mascara to anyone looking for more curled lashes - however, if your goal is more defined, longer lashes, then I would definitely try Chanel Inimitable. I have been using it for several days now and have not experienced any flaking or smudging whatsoever, and my lashes remain wonderfully defined all day long. It is certainly expensive; if that is a concern, then I would check out MAC Studio Fix for a reasonable dupe.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

What a mediocre product. It uncurled my lashes and clumped the so badly! I much prefer my YSL mascaras to this crappy expensive mascara. Never again will I buy a Chanel mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. It always gives me excellent results, even when layered over other mascaras. It makes them appear more dramatic and doesn't clump. I would buy it again if the price was more economical. I just can't reason spending more than 20$ for mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by shigawire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. I admit I'm not a frequent user, so when I got the sample in my goodie bag, I didn't really think I'd use it. One coat and wow, what a difference! It does a great job separating my lashes and the black is fairly pigmented and stays on for a good long while. I have naturally curly lashes so I don't often bother with a second coat--doubt that it's needed, really, considering that this product gives enough definition to my eyes.

I'm not sure I'd purchase the product due to the price which, as is often the case with Chanel products, is a bit out of my budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by zoelioness

I just bought Chanel's Inimitable yesterday and I have to say it is an amazing everyday mascara - my lashes look really soft and are parted beautifully and my eyes look really doe-eyed and sexy. One coat is enough to make my lashes curl and lengthen - two coats and you might run the danger of slight clumping. Get the waterproof one, for sure. Of course, like all things Chanel, the mascara is expensive, but I find that it's a good quality product - it's a classy mascara that isn't meant to be piled on to get that vegas show girl look. If you are looking for a more in-your face mascara, maybe opt for another brand. But for something subtle and classy, Inimitable is the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lanvingal

Pros: great brush that separates lashes really well - i now use this brush for my other mascaras

Cons: mascara is heavy and does not hold a curl at all; flakes when running an eyelash comb through (after applying more than 1-2 coats, the mascara starts to clump); smudges

Disappointed with this mascara, particularly because it comes from such a reputable brand. The quality of the mascara itself is similar to mascaras that you can buy for at least half the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRose

Although I haven't got the waterproof version, the main problem I have with this is that by the end of the day, I have little black flakes around my eyes, making me look like I have heavy bags from a distance, and like I can't afford a decent mascara close up. Except this was supposed to be a decent mascara (it's chanel) and is one of the most expensive on the market. I expected better. It hardly curls, lengthens or adds volume, overall it's pretty average. If you're looking for a better chanel mascara, try exceptionnel, it really does curl and add volume, and is roughly the same price.
EDIT: perhaps I was a bit harsh, as this mascara does work in a way (it does lenghten the lashes) but this doesn't justify the smudging and the high price. Perhaps getting the waterproof version might be better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by spackle_n_smear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample in Noir Obscur. I'm not really impressed. First coat gives color and definition and a bit of curl. Second coat super thickens and darkens my lashes to give me that Vegas showgirl fake lashes. That's the one added plus about this mascara--you would think you had a thin strip of bear or mink fur across your lashes because it's so thick and dark. No added length or curl however for me. It does go on rather clumpy and I still have to use a lash brush to get separation and the look of really thick lashes.

In order for me to warrant a full purchase of this product, I expect a mascara to be hassle free and keep its curl without drooping down and the lashes separate without added brushing out. Meh, I'll stick with my Diorshow mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

a very mediocre mascara. save your money. this clumps badly, almost glues my eyelashes together, and the lengthening is crooked and tacky looking. if i'm not careful i definitely get the 'spider leg' effect. i like the shape of the wand for getting my sparse lower lashes but the formula just sucks. it's also a bit difficult to remove at night, smears off on my slightly oily lids and dries out my eyelashes so badly that they fall out sometimes. not worth it it at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just tried this mascara today. It gives great lengthening and fantastic separation. The black color is also relatively pigmented (although not as pigmented as my L'oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black, but nothing is so that's not an issue). I received a sample tube of this for my birthday, and I really like it this so far, but the full size is just too expensive for me right now. But it is definately a good mascara.