Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 8/10/2010 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pro: Very very dark black. It didn't clump or smudge on me. I did see little flakes when I removed it, but I never noticed any flaking on my face while wearing it.

Con: It didn't do much for my lashes except darken them. I didn't notice any thickening or lengthening effects. If I had, this would have been a superb product, because the super-black color is impressive. But it's not enough on its own, to make me want to pay a Chanel price for it.
The brush is fine; it's a rubber-bristle brush. Reminds me of that Cover Girl mascara in the orange tube.

BTW, I got this as a sample. I don't know what it is about Chanel's mascara samples, but both times I've received one, they've been somewhat dried out and good for only 2-3 uses. They definitely need to improve either the packaging or the product, because the condition of the samples makes me very hesitant to splurge on a full-size.

on 7/31/2010 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the worst purchases I have ever made.

This mascara was incredibly expensive and was terrible in quality. It was not buildable at all, and horribly clumpy. My lashes looked horrible. I made myself use it for one whole week, just to see if it got better with a more skilled application, but it did not. This mascara was not even close to worth the money spent on it. If you have naturally long lashes and want a natural look, this might work for you. It would probably be okay for those single-coat-and-go gals who are okay with a super natural look and don't desire more than one coat of mascara. For the rest of us, sadly, this is garbage. Fiberwig remains my HG mascara.

on 7/9/2010 10:31:00 AM

I got a sample of this and whilst I would say its a good mascara, there is no way its worth the hefty price tag in my opinion. It goes on okay and I had a few issues with it clumping on me, and I really didnt like the latex brush at all. Horrible.
I thought that it did give good length and reasonably good volume, but it simply doesnt justify the high price tag.
I like Lancome Hypnose as a high end mascara, but even that I only buy as a treat from time to time, otherwise I think many drugstore mascaras perform just as well as this if not better.
If you want to splurge then splash out and buy it...but dont expect AMAZING results or anything. Its between just an okay and a good.
Will not re-purchase.

on 7/8/2010 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yuck. This mascara was hard to put on and the formula made the lashes so dry and brittle, they felt like straw! The brush is a normal brush which is tapered and not that full so easy to coat the lashes. The brush is the only thing I like since it's the sort of brush I like, nothing too fancy.

on 7/3/2010 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

The Inimitable Nior is the best mascara I've ever used- going on 3 years. Glossy, separates and never flakes. Elongates lashes better than any other mascara without chunking them up. It dries our fast though- feel like I buy this every 3 months of so. Great pigment and not over the top like Dior Show Blackout sometimes is.

I once, by accident bought the Inimitable Obscure Noir. BAD MISTAKE. (It is the more heavily pigmented one) that melted under my eyes in 2 hours and I looked like a raccoon- horrible staying power.

Chanel *just* launched their Inimitable Intense Collection- and just ordered the Intenseinimitable Mascara Multi-dimensional Sophisticated and Contrast Duo shadow from Chanel.com.

Can't wait!

on 7/1/2010 9:20:00 PM

I received a sample of this and will probably buy a full sized one. I have tried them all from HE to drugstore and Chanel's Inimitable is impressive.
Pro's
doesn't smudge all over my eye at all
very dark black with a glossy finish
doesn't look dry, flaky or clumpy
creates nice length to my lashes
Con's
price

on 6/24/2010 3:39:00 AM

I have to admit, I found this to be a really good mascara. It gives my lashes nice black saturated color, volume, curve, lenght...the only point against it is, that I also achieve this with my favourite mascara, Max Factors 2000Calories, and for less money. Holds up well and is easily removable, and the intensity can be nicely varied from natural to dramatical, depending on how many coats one uses. I might think about buying this if the Max Factor one wasn´t available anymore.

i really like this mascara. it gives me perfect lashes every time i use it. it is pretty expensive for my teenage budget... my first tube was a gift from my aunt. but i'd buy it again! it's not super voluminous, but it gives great length and great curl. it works great for my lashes, which are naturally full, so i don't mind about the volume.

on 6/8/2010 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am surprised by the numerous negative reviews for this product - I logged in just so that I could rave about it! I have tried dozens of different mascara brands, both cheap and expensive, and this is probably my favorite. I have been using the samples that I received in my recent Chanel orders and have frankly been blown away by the quality of the brush, which is hard and covered with small nubs - it reminds me of the MAC Studio Fix mascara that I had been previously using, but with a better formula and applicator. I would not necessarily recommend this mascara to anyone looking for more curled lashes - however, if your goal is more defined, longer lashes, then I would definitely try Chanel Inimitable. I have been using it for several days now and have not experienced any flaking or smudging whatsoever, and my lashes remain wonderfully defined all day long. It is certainly expensive; if that is a concern, then I would check out MAC Studio Fix for a reasonable dupe.

on 6/4/2010 5:57:00 PM

What a mediocre product. It uncurled my lashes and clumped the so badly! I much prefer my YSL mascaras to this crappy expensive mascara. Never again will I buy a Chanel mascara.

Popular Mascaras