April 16, 2014 | 884 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice powder that feels weightless on the skin. Can be applied with a wet sponge or a dry brush to achieve different effects. Can provide a coverage from very sheer to quite heavy yet feeling light on the skin. Looks natural, doesn't intensify the flakiness of the skin if any. I apply it with Eco Tools synthetic powder brush which gives me a flawless natural finish.
The colour works great for my NW20/25 skin.
----------------------
Ufff!
I really like the product. But I have analyzed the ingredients in here http://www.cosdna.com/eng/ingredients.php and went hmmm... So many components to cause acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a NW20 in MAC, Santa Fe in NARS. I was torn between Skinfinish in Medium and Medium Plus, girl at the MAC strongly recommended the former. Medium Plus looks more like my skin in summer while this shade is just a bit too pinky and chalky. I've not noticed it oxidising at all, it stays the colour it is. But then I don't use it as my main setting powder. I set middle of my face with pure talcum powder and the outside with NARS loose powder in Desert. I brush on Mineralize Skinfinish Natural to add a bit of glow and I use it for re-touching. On the days I wear less make-up I brush it on my bare face after setting under eye concealer with talc. It looks fresh and glowy, very natural though when worn on foundation can look a bit too pale. Sill love it though!
Tip: it does look amazing on a bare moisturised face applied with a wet sponge! Super glow, so light and natural! It is baked so works both wet and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

I have been through two of these and have come to realize that this is a very average powder and not worth the price. I will not be buying this again. It is very sheer and does not do anything for my combo skin. Two good things I can say about it is that these compacts last a very long time and you can pile it on and it doesn't cake. I had first purchased it to use alone for very light coverage, but have come to realize I can just sheer out a regular powder foundation. Also, I used this when I was NC20 and NC25 and it matched well both times and I don't notice the pinkness that runs in the pan on my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am NW15 and I use Medium as a bronzer/blush. It doesn't make my skin look dirty or ruddy like traditional bronzers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by levintage

This does a good job at setting, but because it's a baked powder I use this with a slightly wet brush - it doesn't ruin the product, and it evens my complexion nicely with a smooth natural finish! I think that applying it dry doesn't do it justice, and you don't get the most out of it. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by iAmMollyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin has yellow undertones and is combination skin. My skin has a slightly tanned look to it, not pale at all.
I purchased this in medium and i love it! HG finishing powder all the way! I dont really like mac when it comes to powder/foundation as i find them too orangey! I'm a NC 25 but i find it too orange but i know the NW would be too pink, but anyway, this powder matches my skin brilliantly, it doesnt really cast too much of a colour, sort of transparent.
I use this on top of a Laura Geller Spackle primer and Estee Lauder double wear light foundation, it never makes my foundation look cakey or horrible, it gives a lovely finish.
Depending on the foundation used, sometimes i put two layers of this on for a very matte finish.
I hate having too much glitter on my face but although this contains glitter, it doesnt contain too much and make your face look like a shimmer.

Also, the tub of it lasts ages! I put the price as $$$ because it is a little pricey compared to drugstore, but i find that drugstore foundations i will use up very quickly, this is because the powder is flat. In this mac one, it is slightly raised in the middle which is perfect so you dont quickly use up all the powder in the middle and get that annoying empty circle! So far, i have used it every day for 5 months and i think ill probably get another 4 months out of it.

I really love this and will definatly buy again when i need to :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by thathappykid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this powder its so amazing looks completely natural and just adds a little magic to make your skin look flawless. Would definitely recommend this powder!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it. best liquid foundation setting powder i have ever used. AMAZING and so natural looking, doesnt crease, doesnt cake. it has a glow to it, it doesn't mattify your skin all the way

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by tatcuya114

Update: I am taking two lippies off from my previous rating, as I found that this powder broke me out, which means I can not wear it everyday.
I really like it. I have tried so many things to set my makeup and I can say nothing has worked better than this one. I was still skeptical even after reading so many good reviews about it because my previous experience with MAC stuffs is not that great. The other day I saw the MAC counter in a shopping mall and I tried it on there. Surprisingly, it was better than I expected, so I bought it. I've been using it for about a week and I start to like it more and more.
It is light-weight and not cakey at all even if you apply it multiple times during the day. The nicest thing about it is that it gives a beautiful matt finish without making your face looking old (you know how over-matified face can look fake and old). When you put it on, it looks like your own skin. It's got a little more coverage than average setting powers so people with good skin can wear it alone as a light foundation to even out their skintone. I also like the fact that it is a baked powder so it doesn't leave a mess when you put it in your purpse for touch-ups.
Having said that, I don't quite like the packaging, as it does not come with a sponge, so I have to carry a sponge myself during the day. Some people say this powder could be drying. So far I haven't experienced that and hopefully I will not in the future.
In terms of the price, they sell it at 250 HK dollars in Hong Kong. It contains 10g of the product, so I'm guessing it's going to last me a really long time. Overall, I think it's a really great powder for its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by lexylynn

I LOVE this powder! It has more coverage then your average pressed powder, which is perfect for evening out your skin tone. I put a healthy amount on with a powder brush and it doesn't seem to cake up on me. It's a bit pricey, but you get a good amount and it does it's job for sure. I will probably stick with this for a while. I use it over MAC Face and Body and it's awesome!