October 1, 2014 | 1952 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by connie94

Have been on the hunt for a powder for a while now and with all the hype around this product, I thought I'd give it a go.
I'm a NW20 MAC, Punjab NARS and Beige 3 Bobbi Brown; was matched by the MAC assistant to a Medium Plus.
The powder is long lasting, gives a flawless semi-matte light coverage look. I have tried it on top of all my foundations and they all look great. I have combination/oily skin. On days I don't want to wear foundation, I just dust the powder on my t-zone (where it's most oily) and under my eyes and it controls the oil while giving my skin that extra smooth texture.
It's a tad expensive but one of the best powders I've tried to date.
Overall, a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by tatabyuti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mineralize make up. It gives me a natural flawless skin. I've been using it for 4 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'll admit, the first few times I used this, it gave me break-outs, which made me steer clear of it for several years, but I gave it another shot, with the hype and all, and I like it (no break-outs). I don't love it, but I've hit pan--that should tell you something.
It delivers light-to-medium coverage and a flawless semi-matte finish. On others it looks very natural and lovely, like a satin finish, but on me it's a bit too matte for my liking. It is, however, one of the most natural-looking powders I've encountered, right behind Bare Minerals. Luckily, though, I can just spritz my face with MAC Fix+ (magic in a bottle!) and it'll look much more natural with that hint of dewiness that I love. On one of gossmakeupartist's YouTube videos, he says that this can be applied damp (brush spritzed with water or Fix+) to give a beautiful finish. I still have to try that sometime. For those worrying about it getting a "wet spot" in the product, it won't, because this is a baked product.
On the contrary, the coverage isn't buildable regardless of application method.
I've tried it with the MAC 150, 129, 187, and a powder puff and it delivers the same coverage. I like to apply it with the 150.
Other than using this for blotting and touching up throughout the day, as it does in fact control oil, and for setting makeup, you can also use it as a foundation if you're into powders with light coverage. Likewise, as these are sheer, you can also use a darker shade as a bronzer. I know a makeup artist who loves to use this for natural-looking contouring.
I don't wear this everyday, but when I do, I use it as a foundation with a concealer and Fix+ on top, and then I put it in my bag for touch-ups, when needed.
But...I absolutely hate that this doesn't include a mirror. MAC markets this as a touch-up/setting powder, yet it doesn't have a mirror? Nope, it just comes with an annoying, flimsy, cheap plastic...thing...that barely surpasses as a cover. I just toss that out. It'd be absolutely perfect if it came in the Studio Fix Powder or Bronzing Powder compact! Packaging Quality rating earns a 2/5.
I own this in Medium Plus and it's a great match for my NC30-35 skin tone (I have slight yellow undertones). It's a bit too pink, but it works. I use Medium Dark in the summer when I'm NC35-40. For those of you wondering, all the shades have a neutral undertone. The Plus shades are ever so slightly darker and a tiny bit more yellow.
It retails for $29 for 10g/0.35 oz.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly do not get the hype w/ this product. It does nothing for me. No oil control, no coverage, nada. You can spend a quarter of that amount on Maybelline's pressed powder, and that actually helps w/ oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

Loving this powder! Flawless finish and good oil control. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product!! I love MAC products all around. The lasting power of Skinfinish Natural was amazing. The medium fit with my skin perfectly and wasn't noticeable or clumpy after I put on foundation afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBeautObsessed

i bought this msf natural in the shade light/medium and it matches well with my NC20 skintone. the thing with this i find it that it is quite an overhyped product! at the end of the day it is just a face powder, but the thing that i like most about it is the fact that is a mineralize product. i feels good on my skin, it blends well, there is a nice soft focus to my foundation when i wear this. it doesnt dry out my skin too much and i like the consistency of the product, its quite light and i like that.
the proce is a bit steep, but its a nice product if you have the cash to spend on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Fitouesumwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this product in combination with MAC studio sculpt NC25.
It's perfect for me as the foundation is a little bit too yellowish for my skintone BUT with the mineralize skinfinish natural in ''medium'' it's PERFECT. It also help to set the studio sculpt.

Absolutely perfect for touch up during the day.

If use alone, it's a very nice light coverage powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by kimanhhua

When I first purchased this powder and tried it, I did not like it at all. The colour did not suit my skin tone (NC25) and it made it look ashy. Another factor I did not like was that it had a lot of fall out. I stashed this compact away for about 6 months and did not use it, but recently I decided to give it another try. It must be that it's summer at the moment and that my skin has gotten more tanned, but the powder actually matches my skin tone now. I really like how I can apply a lot of product but it still looks natural and not powdery. I reach for this powder on hot and humid days when I prefer not to wear a foundation, when I go to the gym or the beach. It feels like I'm wearing no products on my face; it's light and breathable. It provides minimum coverage only and I have not been able to build it up, so my pores and blemishes still are visible.

However a few downfalls are one as stated above too much fallout, no mirror provided and cannot build up coverage. I must say though, I have dropped the compact onto tiles once and I expected it to be shattered. But it only chipped a little bit and the rest was still in contact. I will not repurchase this powder again as I am looking for a better mineralised powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

Color: Medium is one of the few powders that perfectly matches my NW20 skin. I prefer Light (for NW10-15), and Medium (for NW20, or to breathe some life back into my NW10-15) to Light Plus (which appears to match NC15).

Formula: Not the finest powder I've used, but one of the best I've found for a compact. Blends well, and if you layer it with MAC Fix+, you can get about 60-70% coverage with this. For instance, not that I recommend sleeping in makeup, but for when that special someone is supposed to see you bare-faced (and you have acne scars galore, like moi), I like to give my face a light dusting of this to keep the "natural" look while taming down the flaws from yelling so loudly.

Lasts about 4 months - 12 months, depending on how often you are using it. When I was using it once a day, it lasted 12 months. But when I was using it 3 times a day (touching up both mid-day and evening), it lasted only 4 months.

Longevity: I found that if you use in coordination with MAC Fix+, the powder seems to last longer through the day. If I didn't have some oil in the creases of my nose and a little shine on my forehead, I probably could skip the mid-day touch up. So oil control, at least for my combination skin, is only so-so, but it doesn't get very cakey if you layer with MAC Fix +.

Bottom Line: this product is a staple for me in the fall and winter months. I keep one at home in my makeup drawer for getting ready and one in my purse for touching up. yes, this product could be improved, (an even finer milled powder, having spf, mirror built into the compact, more coverage), but this is a tried and true MAC product, and is highly versatile and lets face it, I use it all the time.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No