August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly do not get the hype w/ this product. It does nothing for me. No oil control, no coverage, nada. You can spend a quarter of that amount on Maybelline's pressed powder, and that actually helps w/ oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

Loving this powder! Flawless finish and good oil control. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product!! I love MAC products all around. The lasting power of Skinfinish Natural was amazing. The medium fit with my skin perfectly and wasn't noticeable or clumpy after I put on foundation afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBeautObsessed

i bought this msf natural in the shade light/medium and it matches well with my NC20 skintone. the thing with this i find it that it is quite an overhyped product! at the end of the day it is just a face powder, but the thing that i like most about it is the fact that is a mineralize product. i feels good on my skin, it blends well, there is a nice soft focus to my foundation when i wear this. it doesnt dry out my skin too much and i like the consistency of the product, its quite light and i like that.
the proce is a bit steep, but its a nice product if you have the cash to spend on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Fitouesumwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this product in combination with MAC studio sculpt NC25.
It's perfect for me as the foundation is a little bit too yellowish for my skintone BUT with the mineralize skinfinish natural in ''medium'' it's PERFECT. It also help to set the studio sculpt.

Absolutely perfect for touch up during the day.

If use alone, it's a very nice light coverage powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by kimanhhua

When I first purchased this powder and tried it, I did not like it at all. The colour did not suit my skin tone (NC25) and it made it look ashy. Another factor I did not like was that it had a lot of fall out. I stashed this compact away for about 6 months and did not use it, but recently I decided to give it another try. It must be that it's summer at the moment and that my skin has gotten more tanned, but the powder actually matches my skin tone now. I really like how I can apply a lot of product but it still looks natural and not powdery. I reach for this powder on hot and humid days when I prefer not to wear a foundation, when I go to the gym or the beach. It feels like I'm wearing no products on my face; it's light and breathable. It provides minimum coverage only and I have not been able to build it up, so my pores and blemishes still are visible.

However a few downfalls are one as stated above too much fallout, no mirror provided and cannot build up coverage. I must say though, I have dropped the compact onto tiles once and I expected it to be shattered. But it only chipped a little bit and the rest was still in contact. I will not repurchase this powder again as I am looking for a better mineralised powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

Color: Medium is one of the few powders that perfectly matches my NW20 skin. I prefer Light (for NW10-15), and Medium (for NW20, or to breathe some life back into my NW10-15) to Light Plus (which appears to match NC15).

Formula: Not the finest powder I've used, but one of the best I've found for a compact. Blends well, and if you layer it with MAC Fix+, you can get about 60-70% coverage with this. For instance, not that I recommend sleeping in makeup, but for when that special someone is supposed to see you bare-faced (and you have acne scars galore, like moi), I like to give my face a light dusting of this to keep the "natural" look while taming down the flaws from yelling so loudly.

Lasts about 4 months - 12 months, depending on how often you are using it. When I was using it once a day, it lasted 12 months. But when I was using it 3 times a day (touching up both mid-day and evening), it lasted only 4 months.

Longevity: I found that if you use in coordination with MAC Fix+, the powder seems to last longer through the day. If I didn't have some oil in the creases of my nose and a little shine on my forehead, I probably could skip the mid-day touch up. So oil control, at least for my combination skin, is only so-so, but it doesn't get very cakey if you layer with MAC Fix +.

Bottom Line: this product is a staple for me in the fall and winter months. I keep one at home in my makeup drawer for getting ready and one in my purse for touching up. yes, this product could be improved, (an even finer milled powder, having spf, mirror built into the compact, more coverage), but this is a tried and true MAC product, and is highly versatile and lets face it, I use it all the time.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. It's very fine and light, and I dust this on with my ELF Studio Powder Brush. It's great as a finishing/setting powder or on its own to even the skintone. I'm Asian with fair/light skin and this is the best match for me as it adds a little warmth to my skin without making me look too dark. I'm not too sure how portable this is as I'm scared it'll pop open in my bag and powder will go everywhere, but I don't usually have time to touch up during the day so I don't really mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by tianamadd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder. My favourite product I own. I use the 'Light plus' version of this and I love it. I was originally contemplating buying the Studio Fix foundation to match my Studio Fix fluid but when the MAC makeup artist put this powder on me when she was matching me, I fell in love with it. I don't even think I need my Studio Fix fluid for just everyday wear as this powder is amazing and I take it with me everywhere, I love it, I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice powder that feels weightless on the skin. Can be applied with a wet sponge or a dry brush to achieve different effects. Can provide a coverage from very sheer to quite heavy yet feeling light on the skin. Looks natural, doesn't intensify the flakiness of the skin if any. I apply it with Eco Tools synthetic powder brush which gives me a flawless natural finish.
The colour works great for my NW20/25 skin.
----------------------
Ufff!
I really like the product. But I have analyzed the ingredients in here http://www.cosdna.com/eng/ingredients.php and went hmmm... So many components to cause acne.