April 16, 2014 | 1405 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by pnguyen9

Okay, so when I originally tried this product the first time, I used my bareminerals kabuki brush. It looked cakey and the coverage wasn't impressive by any means. I then tried it with a flat top brush, and the coverage was much better. It came off really quickly though, which deterred me from using it. But I figured out the solution to making this look fabulous!

Begin with a moisturizer, followed by a primer (I use the monistat chafing relief gel). Then I spray the flat top brush 1-2 times with a mix that I made consisting of 1 part glycerin, and 3 parts water. I dip it into the powder and begin applying it to half of my face, and then spray the brush again, dip, and apply it to the other half. This prevents it from looking cakey and makes it as long lasting as a great foundation! I know this method sounds a little tedious, but definitely try it out before giving up on the product. I really think you'll be pleased with the results :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Cakelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I quickly found my perfect shade by mixing two colors. I LOVED its over all coverage when used as my primary foundation: My strategy is to wash, moisturize and wait a couple minutes, spot treat acne&acne scars with Revlons Concealer Stick, spot treat leftovers with EDM Multi-tasking Concealer powder with a small concealer brush (pat in, don't rub in!!!!) use the foundation then blush &finishing powder.
Pros- Simple ingredient list didn't worsen my acne, the color selection is large, drugstore prices, excellent coverage when used properly.

Cons- For the first hour of wearing it you look cakey and terrible, then it sinks in and you look great for 4-5 hours, touch ups/blotting are needed after those hours for EVERY skin type; but overly doing either of those tends to make it looks patchy, cakey, terrible again?! :-/

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I used this for 3 months in intensive formula my color in Biege catagory called light medium. I doesn't like the coverage. I think that the base is good for younger people or teenage year with very flawless skin with out scare from pimple. Need touchup but very good for skin no breaking out very mild, but not for me. I prefer more coverage. It a overall good product but not for myself. I will buy for niece she is 16. Update: 9-26-11 I still like Everyday mineral blushes, eye shadow, and their lovely brushes. But it seem like their last 2 color in intensive formula will be discontinue after their ran out of stock. The last two color are in farwell section. How sad.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by omew78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation for 8 or 9 months. I have combo/oily, acne prone skin. The coverage was beautiful when first applied and covered acne scarring well, but it did not last more than 4 or 5 hours. After 9 or 10 hours (i.e., by the time I got home from work), this foundation would separate, pool and cake in spots. Blotting helped, but would remove the product, and reapplication would cake entirely too much. Other formulas did not provide the coverage I needed, that's why I used Intensive. I was loyal to EDM and stuck with their base for longer than I should have. I finally stopped using it two weeks ago for many reasons, chief among them was that I suspected it was contributing to my acne. Low and behold, after two weeks with no EDM foundation touching my skin, my major breakouts have stopped. I had been dealing with both large papules & pustules as well as small hard bumps / cysts on my jawline and under my chin (I would blend the base into my neck as well). These have amazingly and happily ceased since I stopped using this foundation. FYI I started purchasing from EDM in March, 2009 and every base I bought & used had a white lid. I can no longer purchase, support or recommend Everyday Minerals products based on my experience with the product not to mention their poor customer service practices (they have discontinued products & services after saying they wouldn't, and there is legitimate concern among many former EDM users that they change their formulations without adequate notice).

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by eyedea

This is definately one of the best mineral foundations on the market. I used this one every day, before I purchased the Tikei Mineral Foundation(swedish brand).

The EM Foundation is very affordable, the box lasts forever, it gives a natural and great result, it contains good ingredients for your skin and it is not tested on animals.

I LOVE IT.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by meisehyl

I find this foundation chalky, it settles into fine lines and makes my pores look bigger. I've switched to Silk Naturals foundation instead, love the custom blend option and I find the finish more flattering on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by LaylaCullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the sample kit they used to have.To me,it's very much the same as the matte formula,and didn't do much for me.I just ran out of it this month though,and I've had it since June,so it lasts really long for a sample.The lid literally cracks off after some time,which is odd.I'll stick to liquid foundation for the winter.Maybe I'll switch back to powder in the summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by testerizer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Good coverage, great range of colors–however not only did it look pale in photos and make me break out, I sweat with some of this on and it got weird and cakey and looked terrible! I don't know if it's an issue with my skin (oily) but either way I was disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by liz508

Lovely product! For me, this gives a nice, medium coverage and wears well throughout the day. I do have to make sure to moisturize before I put this on in the morning because it does accentuate dry patches, but that's been my experience with most mineral makeup. Definitely a great product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by itsxmelissaxduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, it looks totally natural and, amazingly flawless. (: I love it, people always say I have great skin when I wear it. It's superrrr natural loving it. :D This is my go to foundation! My favorite mineral foundation, never switching this one. (: One of my all time favorites.