Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 1/14/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I quickly found my perfect shade by mixing two colors. I LOVED its over all coverage when used as my primary foundation: My strategy is to wash, moisturize and wait a couple minutes, spot treat acne&acne scars with Revlons Concealer Stick, spot treat leftovers with EDM Multi-tasking Concealer powder with a small concealer brush (pat in, don't rub in!!!!) use the foundation then blush &finishing powder.
Pros- Simple ingredient list didn't worsen my acne, the color selection is large, drugstore prices, excellent coverage when used properly.

Cons- For the first hour of wearing it you look cakey and terrible, then it sinks in and you look great for 4-5 hours, touch ups/blotting are needed after those hours for EVERY skin type; but overly doing either of those tends to make it looks patchy, cakey, terrible again?! :-/

on 1/9/2010 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this foundation for 8 or 9 months. I have combo/oily, acne prone skin. The coverage was beautiful when first applied and covered acne scarring well, but it did not last more than 4 or 5 hours. After 9 or 10 hours (i.e., by the time I got home from work), this foundation would separate, pool and cake in spots. Blotting helped, but would remove the product, and reapplication would cake entirely too much. Other formulas did not provide the coverage I needed, that's why I used Intensive. I was loyal to EDM and stuck with their base for longer than I should have. I finally stopped using it two weeks ago for many reasons, chief among them was that I suspected it was contributing to my acne. Low and behold, after two weeks with no EDM foundation touching my skin, my major breakouts have stopped. I had been dealing with both large papules & pustules as well as small hard bumps / cysts on my jawline and under my chin (I would blend the base into my neck as well). These have amazingly and happily ceased since I stopped using this foundation. FYI I started purchasing from EDM in March, 2009 and every base I bought & used had a white lid. I can no longer purchase, support or recommend Everyday Minerals products based on my experience with the product not to mention their poor customer service practices (they have discontinued products & services after saying they wouldn't, and there is legitimate concern among many former EDM users that they change their formulations without adequate notice).

on 1/3/2010 7:54:00 AM

This is definately one of the best mineral foundations on the market. I used this one every day, before I purchased the Tikei Mineral Foundation(swedish brand).

The EM Foundation is very affordable, the box lasts forever, it gives a natural and great result, it contains good ingredients for your skin and it is not tested on animals.

I LOVE IT.

on 1/1/2010 4:25:00 PM

I find this foundation chalky, it settles into fine lines and makes my pores look bigger. I've switched to Silk Naturals foundation instead, love the custom blend option and I find the finish more flattering on the skin.

on 12/20/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this in the sample kit they used to have.To me,it's very much the same as the matte formula,and didn't do much for me.I just ran out of it this month though,and I've had it since June,so it lasts really long for a sample.The lid literally cracks off after some time,which is odd.I'll stick to liquid foundation for the winter.Maybe I'll switch back to powder in the summer.

on 12/18/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Good coverage, great range of colors–however not only did it look pale in photos and make me break out, I sweat with some of this on and it got weird and cakey and looked terrible! I don't know if it's an issue with my skin (oily) but either way I was disappointed.

on 12/13/2009 9:45:00 PM

Lovely product! For me, this gives a nice, medium coverage and wears well throughout the day. I do have to make sure to moisturize before I put this on in the morning because it does accentuate dry patches, but that's been my experience with most mineral makeup. Definitely a great product for the price!

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation, it looks totally natural and, amazingly flawless. (: I love it, people always say I have great skin when I wear it. It's superrrr natural loving it. :D This is my go to foundation! My favorite mineral foundation, never switching this one. (: One of my all time favorites.

I own EDM's foundations in all four formulas. I'd use them on different occasions, depending on a) the occasion and/or b) the condition of my skin.
I tend to use the Intensive formula whenever I go to a major event (Christmas party etc) or if my skin shows lots of imperfections/exess oil. The formula provides great coverage without any shine and stays on perfectly all day/night long, covering spots and hiding enlarged pores.
As with all mineral foundations powders it's important not to use too much powder; start with a smaller amount and build up to achieve the desired coverage!

on 12/7/2009 8:25:00 PM

The intensive formula gave me a lot of bumps (I don't have a better word to describe them) that I had never had before it took almost a month to clear up I won't ever touch this stuff again not even with a stick.