Rimmel Natural Bronzer - 22 Sun Bronze

4.2

Talc, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Magnesium Stearate, Acrylates Copo- Lymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Propylparaben, Ethy- Lene/Va Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Methylpropional, Ben- Zyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butyl- Paraben [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-:Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)].

on 1/11/2012 10:50:00 PM

I bought this to give my skin a little extra color, but it doesnt have a lot of pigments. To get a lot of color I have to apply kind of a lot. For my skin tone this looked like a foundation, but its a really natural color and not orange at all. A good product, but NOT a bronzer.

on 12/9/2011 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love this bronzer! Not orange, not too shimmery/sparkly and yet not totally matte... love it. and all the bronzers i've purchased since, have been inferior.

on 12/9/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this bronzer is ok! i love the estee lauder sun bronzer but this rimmel bronzer is a good alternative if your looking for a cheaper one! The bronzer isnt as pigmented and you have to press and swirl your brush really hard to get the product but the bronzers ok

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Thank you MakeupAlley-ers... I was looking for a bronzer without shimmer, something I could use for contouring, that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and ended up picking this after reading the reviews, especially since there was a Rimmel sale going on and I could pick up another tube of my favorite mascara along with it (the lash accelerator one). The other reviews are right when they said a little goes a long way...it's super concentrated. I can see this lasting forever.

The packaging is my only gripe. It's soo cheap looking. But then again who am I kidding, it is cheap, I probably paid like 3 bucks for it on sale. :)

Update: So I went on a high end bronzer spree a few years ago, and found that my ideal match is with BareMinerals pressed bronzer in the High Dive. Chocolate soleil (Too Faced) looked like dirt on me but smelled fantastic. Tarte Park Ave Princess was ok, but didn't give me as natural a look as the BareMinerals. I tried one from 100% Pure but it was just wrong wrong wrong.

on 10/12/2011 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have very fair skin and this bronzer colour is truly amazing. It doesn't look orange or look like i had a bad tan! It didn't break me out or irritate my skin. The only downside is the packaging. If this was in my handbag, the lid would come off straight away. But the product itself is great!

EDIT: holy crap I love this stuff! I was thinking about getting the Mac blush in harmony due to the many great reviews. But I'm so happy with this bronzer right now so I'll stick to it!

This is the BEST drugstore bronzer I've ever tried, if not just the best bronzer period. NARS Laguna used to be my go-to, but it's so darn expensive. I picked this up at CVS for about 5 dollars in sun light and so far it seems to be a pretty good dupe for NARS Laguna. It stays on all day and it gives my porcelain skin a healthy glow and it doesn't make me break out. You get a lot of product witht this. I've had it for about three months and I'm still nowhere close to hitting pan. This is probably going to be my new go-to. The packaging is okay. I wish they could make it a snap close but I've seen much worse packaging. I would recommend this for anyone who wants a healthy glow without looking orange, and for anyone who is on a budget.

on 9/10/2011 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This light brown neutral toned bronzer looks super natural on my fair, cool toned skin! It's matte, which I love: my sunscreen leaves a nasty sheen behind, so shimmery bronzers aren't for me.
The bronzer blends well, stays put all day and I love that it's not overly pigmented, so I can build up the color without fear of over-applying. I also love the subtle powdery, suntan-y scent when it's just applied. It doesn't linger, which IMO is a good thing. I have used this bronzer for years now and it has never broken me out.
I do find it a bit pricey for what it is: here in Europe this drugstore brand costs 9 ($12.30). And unfortunately one can't stock up on it, since we don't get substantial discounts or BOGOF, etc. I will still buy it again though, because it's one of the most natural looking bronzers I've found.
I wish Rimmel did something about the packaging: the lid pops off just by looking at it, which is sooo unpractical. I'd love to be able to travel with it. Why not put it in a compact that snaps close? And please make it a sleek, stylish black compact while you're at it. For the price this cheap *ss packaging really doesn't make sense. ;-) Love the sun design on the pan, BTW: please don't mess with that.
All in all this is a very natural looking matte bronzer for light skin and I can see this working equally well for warm, cool and neutral skintones.

on 8/31/2011 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this on sale for 4 dollars and I am incredibly impressed!

It has a nice large palette, perfect for a stipling brush, which is what I use for bronzer. It's pretty and natural and doesn't leave you looking dirty at the end of the day like my old bronzer did! Perfect pick for summer skin all year round.

on 8/31/2011 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has now become my go to bronzer/blush! The colour is great, no orange at all, just a pretty bronze sunkissed glow! It doesnt go patchy, blends easily and stays on throughout the day. It is far better than most of the other bronzers I own (Benefit Hoola, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Clinique, MAC etc) Highly recommended!!

At first I really liked this, it's not orange and it's not too dark for my pale skin but it's good for contouring. I have very sensitive skin and when I buy drugstore cosmetics I usually go for hypoallergenic but since it's just a bronzer I thought it didn't matter. I just use concelear, powder and bronzer. At first I liked but after a week I realized that under my cheek bones adn temples (where I contour) I started to break out, but I just put a mask and those spots dried out and dissapear...3 days later I broke out again, so I applyed the mas and stop using the bronzer for 2 weeks...then I applied it again and at night I broke out again..I'm so sad because I really liked this but IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN I WOULD LOOK FOR SOMETHING ELSE.

Popular Bronzers