July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by rubbersoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surpirsed at the low rating of this product. I had been suffering with acne for a long time (including bacne) and I just finished trying Proactiv which was thoroughly underwhelming to say the least. What a waste of money! Proactiv has something like 2 - 2.5% benezol proxide and dried out my skin whereas Clean & Clear has 5% benezol proxide and I have absolutely no problems with dry spots anymore (I still use the same moisturizer as I always have too). I still get the occasional pimple if I'm stressed out or about to get my period but my face is essentially completely clear. I always buy Clean & Clear now (I've bought 3 so far and each one last about 3 months).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MsBbygirl04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product with hopes that this may be the answer to my acne. I have combination acne prone skin and I felt salicylic acid seem too gentle on my skin, so I went ahead and bought it because of the 10% benzoyl peroxide. I like the fresh feeling after I wash my face. The product seems to work, I have been using it a little over a week, the downfall to this is that although it got rid of my stubborn acne, it left nasty acne marks :( . I am not too pleased with *that* result, but it did get the job done, which was clear my acne, so now I am going to try to find something for my post acne marks. I would recommend this to people. This is a good acne cleanser minus the acne marks. Another downfall to this product is it wasn't filled up.. I felt the product to see how much it had and I could only feel it half way, so I was bummed I was getting somewhat ripped off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. Leaves my oily acne prone skin feeling clean and soft. I still have a few small pimples but I don't use this product religiously. It doesn't dry out my skin but I have really oily skin. I would also say to be careful with what towel you use to dry your face after using this cleanser since the benzoyl peroxide can cause discoloration. Also you can't beat the price.

Edit: I heard that BP could lead to premature aging. I googled it and it turns it can if you over use it. Thankfully I don't use this cleanser all the time. Only when my skin is really bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is very acne-prone, and sensitive. I was surprised when my dermatologist recommended this cleanser from Clean & Clear to me. He was so right! This cleanser has really calmed down my acne, and I hardly get pimples now. I use this cleanser at night, only because I find that if I use it 2 times a day it can make my skin a bit dry and sensitive, so once a day is fine with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by mrsbutlertron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for a few years now, and I have to say that it has pretty much eliminated my acne. I have combination skin that is prone to minor breakouts. Before using this product, while I was in my late teens I was dismayed that I may never "grow out" of getting breakouts. They were never extreme, but I always seemed to have something on my face. After using this for a month or so, I started seeing a dramatic improvement. My skin isn't really sensitive, but in the beginning it did burn a little bit, however my skin soon adapted and now there are no problems. I use it once a day and usually follow with clinique's acne moisturizer, which also has benzoyl peroxide in it. I know that it is mostly the work of the cleanser that prevents breakouts because in summer and winter I don't use that moisturizer that often with very few ill effects, but if I don't wash with this cleanser I usually break out. I am a little worried about using so much benzoyl peroxide, as I've heard it has aging effects, but I haven't found anything to replace it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Jen048

I cant believe I've actually found a product that works! I didnt think I would ever find something that would actually clear up my acne. This product has made a huge difference to my skin. My skin looks amazing now. Ive recommended this product to all my friends that have acne. Its a miracle product! =) I can actually go without wearing foundation and not being embarrassed about my skin now. So if you have acne and and have tried billions of products. Try this! because it might work. It has benzoyl peroxide which kills the acne. If youve tried products with salicyclic acid and found they dont work. then maybe you should probably try something stronger with benzoyl peroxide.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Shimmersparkly

Wow, I really like this product! It took a few days for me to notice a difference, but this has really helped clear my skin up! I use it only once a day, at night, because I don't want the ten percent Benzoyl Peroxide to dry out my skin. It hasn't yet, since I use the Clean and Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer right afterwards. I'm not totally sure that this product has been the sole reason my skin has been doing so well, since I started using the moisturizer I mentioned earlier and the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub at the same time. Either way, I'd totally buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kanzen

I have been using this cleanser for months. Initially, my face was not used to this and it caused my skin to flake and sting after wash. I stopped for awhile thinking that what a waste of money. Then i started to use it again after my skin is fully recovered. My face started to ascustom to it and has not experience any burn sensation after that. I reckon it was because i did not leave the cleanser for very long time. I quickly wash off so it did not hurt. But it did not help me to get rid of my acne, sadly. :( My acne just keeps on coming. This cleanser does not seem to keep them away or make them shrink.. Overall, i think this cleaner is not doing its job and not worth buying though the price is cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by katie11250

I love the way this product makes my skin feel. It doesn't leave residue or feel harsh. Leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. However, it hurts my eyes a lot just being near it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried other cleansers but I always come back to this one! It kind of tingles when you use it and leaves your skin feeling clean all day!