Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.6

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

on 4/21/2011 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally something that would help clear up my acne :) I still have a few breakouts but I'm hoping they will be gone soon. This cleanser doesn't dry out my face, but leaves it feeling clean. I looooove that tingly/ cooling sensation with this too!
EDIT: Holy crap! My skin is totally cleared!! I use this with Clean & Clear persa gel 5% and and it works wonders.

on 4/8/2011 3:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been using this cleanser for almost a year and my skin has never looked clearer. I have to say that a tube lasts me months because I find that a pea-sized amount works perfectly in the mornings and a little more works at night to remove my foundation. I wouldn't use this in the eye area, though. I have never had a problem with it bleaching my towels, either.

on 3/5/2011 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm pretty sure this is the product that is bleaching my fiance's towels. I've never had a problem with it bleaching my clothes when I got out of the shower (thank goodness), but it sure seems to love tie-dyeing towels.

Despite the bleaching towels problem and the fact that it smells like, well, towel bleach, this cleaser seems to do what it says. I tried to stop using it out of respect for the towels, and my face got mad at me. It has definitely helped to keep my oily skin clear. So, sorry towels. This one's not going anywhere.

You'd think that such a "bleachy" face wash would be harsh on the skin, but I haven't had any problems with redness or drying. I use this product every day along with a scrub, and I haven't had a single bad reaction.

The packaging is fine, but I wish the bottle was a little bigger. I run out of this stuff fairly quickly, especially since the thick consistency makes it so that every time you squeeze the bottle a sizeable glob comes out. There's no lather-inducing component that makes a little go a long way, so I have to pick up a bottle about once a month. And while it isn't expensive, it could be cheaper, especially for the size.

on 3/3/2011 6:21:00 PM

I have been using this product for months now and am so happy to finally find a selection of acne products with benzoyl peroxide in them.
- - - -
Pros - this product has definitely helped to clear up my skin. I have light acne, but as I am so fair skinned whenever I get a bump it looks flamingly red against my skin. Using this cleanser the amount of bumps I get has lessened considerably. Also - cheap!
- - - -
Cons - do not leave this product on your face for more than a minute or so. It will burn your face and leave it looking red. This is due to the 10% benzoyl peroxide, which is pretty strong for a drug store product (the few that do carry BP are usually under 2.5%). Make sure to follow up with a little moisturizer because it can be drying.
- - - -
Side note: I have tried low end and high end products to keep my skin smooth and blemish free and I definitely give some credit to this product. Will be going on my third bottle soon.
- - -
Update: 03.29.2011 - Decided I would not repurchase this product when a friend gave me some of her African Black Soap to use. No harsh chemicals and has been so-far been working wonders on my skin that no drug store / department store product has been able to do. Going to wait another few weeks or so before doing a review to make sure I don't wind up having a reaction.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

HG acne cleanser FINALLY. i worked my way through the neutrogena, clean and clear, clearasil, and some higher end brands as well but nothing was working for my acne, which wasn't terrible, but i'd get a lot of blackheads, clogged pores, and the worst: cystic acne. salicylic acid did absolutely nothing on my skin, so it came down to which benzoyl peroxide products worked. this is amazing! my skin still isn't perfect, but its the best that its been in 2 years so i'm happy. i thought the menthol might be a problem, but it luckily isn't. slightly drying but i just dab moisturizer on the dry patches. but seriously, for me this is the best drugstore acne treatment i have ever used

on 1/25/2011 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I, sadly, have had a pretty horrible experience with this product. When I first started using it, I liked it well enough. My face felt super refreshed, kinda minty tingly, after using it. But after prolonged use, 2-3 months, my skin became very dry and I felt like it was making my skin worse, so I stopped using it. I recently tried to use it again, after having stopped 7-8 months previous, and I had a very bad reaction. All active blemishes on my face glazed over and started secreting yellowish oil (like olive oil), it looked like I had sun poisoning (which is completely impossible in my case). I now believe I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide. To those who want to try this product and have never used benzoyl peroxide, I recommend first trying a product with a lower dose. 10% is a considerably high dosage for someone who doesn't know how they'll react. I don't recommend this product to people with sensitive/dry skin or someone using a topical gel/cream/lotion.

on 1/8/2011 8:40:00 PM

I've had major acne issues for years. Been through all the drug store and prescription treatments, and then was put on Roaccutane.

I've used this for years. Has been the one cleanser that has helped my skin to some degree.
Proactive was a complete failure for me but this does help (even though they both have the same active ingredient).

I now use this every now and then as a face & body wash when I have a break out, and I also use it as a spot treatment. It really does help to stop infection and dry up zits when used like this.

I have sensitive skin so it can be irritating if I leave it on too long when used as a wash, or around my nose area. I just make sure to use it quickly and rinse it off well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product didnt work right away with me, but after a few uses i started noticing that my face was more clear... also when a new breakout is beginning to form i wash my face with this and the next day its hardly even noticeble... I would recommend this product for anyone but not to people who have sensitive skin because this product is really strong... i would totally repurchase

on 12/13/2010 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm surpirsed at the low rating of this product. I had been suffering with acne for a long time (including bacne) and I just finished trying Proactiv which was thoroughly underwhelming to say the least. What a waste of money! Proactiv has something like 2 - 2.5% benezol proxide and dried out my skin whereas Clean & Clear has 5% benezol proxide and I have absolutely no problems with dry spots anymore (I still use the same moisturizer as I always have too). I still get the occasional pimple if I'm stressed out or about to get my period but my face is essentially completely clear. I always buy Clean & Clear now (I've bought 3 so far and each one last about 3 months).

on 10/22/2010 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this product with hopes that this may be the answer to my acne. I have combination acne prone skin and I felt salicylic acid seem too gentle on my skin, so I went ahead and bought it because of the 10% benzoyl peroxide. I like the fresh feeling after I wash my face. The product seems to work, I have been using it a little over a week, the downfall to this is that although it got rid of my stubborn acne, it left nasty acne marks :( . I am not too pleased with *that* result, but it did get the job done, which was clear my acne, so now I am going to try to find something for my post acne marks. I would recommend this to people. This is a good acne cleanser minus the acne marks. Another downfall to this product is it wasn't filled up.. I felt the product to see how much it had and I could only feel it half way, so I was bummed I was getting somewhat ripped off.