Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender

3.6

on 10/17/2009 8:17:00 AM

Very good for a natural look; no clumping or flaking.

on 9/27/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this mascara, It does nothing that I am looking for to my lashes. It does not hold my curl. Does not give the lenght nor volumizing. what could be worse than this?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this mascara. After being a DiorShow Regular & Unlimited devotee, throughout the past three years, I was surprised how well this mascara works for a natural, everyday look. It didn't really give me the false lash look of DiorShow or Lancome's Hypnose, but it did give me a really similar effect to Clinique's Naturally Glossy - only I didn't have to use an eyelash curler to get some curl.

It's not a bad mascara if you're just looking for length & a bit of curl. It didn't really do anything to thicken - granted, it isn't advertising itself as a thickening mascara. My problem though, isn't lack of length - but I do have very fair, poker-straight, lashes and my lashes aren't particularly thick. This didn't really do anything to again, make the lashline look denser - but I was surprised to see that this did add some length to my lashes, as well as a nice tint, and a decent curl.

This mascara also isn't waterproof, but even after a concert in the humidity, and dancing, my mascara looked just as good as it did when I left that night. No flakes, either.

The only thing keeping me from giving this mascara 5 Stars is the fact that it clumps easily if you use more than one coat, and more than one coat resulted in lashes that quickly drooped back down into normal position. However, it is one of the better drug store mascaras I've tried, and I'll definately keep it on rotation for days when thick, lush, Drag/False Looking Lashes are a tad bit much.

on 8/31/2009 6:50:00 AM

A really nice mascara that lives up to it's name. Lycra Lash Extender does makes my lashes longer and delivers a slight curl effect (without an eyelash curler) providing me with lovely natural looking lashes perfect for day time looks. I like that it applies easily with zero clumping and doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day. The cons are it dries quickly and the brush tends to get goopy and overloaded with excessive product (but easily remedied with a swipe of a clean tissue).
I would recommend this mascara to anyone looking to achieve naturally looking longer lash results that are not overly dramatic.
The best part was I was able to pick this mascara up for $3.99 at my local Shoppers Drug Mart.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i really like this mascara but i dont use it by itself. i use this as a first coat to lengthen my lashes and then use maybelline collossal to volumize my lashes. they make my lashes look amazing :) the bristles on the wand do start to get a little clumpy but it still works for me

on 8/11/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Lycra Lash Extender, Sexy Curves & Extra Super Lash all on the same day. I found them all on sale for $4 each so wanted to compare as I had read lots of reviews and was still undecided.
I have your typical Caucasian eyelashes, brown with medium length & medium curl.
Lycra Lash extender is probably the worst of the 3 mascaras in terms of length or volume. I didn't find this product to do anything other than tint my lashes black and coat them lightly giving a very natural look. I think the problem is that the actual mascara is a bit too thin. Perhaps I will leave it open overnight & see if it thickens up to a nicer consistency.

I found Sexy Curves to be the best for me out of the 3 by far, it actually gives not only a bit more length but also a good amount of volume & it holds the curl.
It's not messy & the brush is actually really easy to use.

If you are trying to decide which one to get, I suggest Sexy Curves as it's the only one that works.

on 7/21/2009 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

YES I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Best mascara ever! It doesn't clump up, and it only takes a few swipes to get your eyelashes longer and improved! It has a fairly cheap price, and it has the best brush. Definitely, recommend this.

on 7/21/2009 12:09:00 AM

I love this stuff! It's gorgeous on and doesn't clump easily. My only problem is I have to wipe off the wand every 3 uses or so because it gets too gummy.

on 6/29/2009 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Didnt like the brush, the bristles are too spikey. The formula is almost sticky and my lashes stick together very easy. Makes spiderleg lashes. Lengthened about10% no volume.

on 6/16/2009 2:41:00 PM

Incredible mascara. Makes my lashes longer, and goes on beautifully with zero clumping. Doesn't flake. Gives a small amount of curl, but nothing to get excited about. the brush is long, the bristles are great for my lashes and my lashes look wonderful with this, but not too overally made up. Just long, full, separated, black lashes. Dries quickly.

(I have no problems with this clumping at all as others have stated...however, i have a long time habit of wiping ALL my wands before application, so that may be why. )

I would recommend this mascara to anyone. Love the tube too :)