July 29, 2014 | 1571 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by hulachic6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually put a dime to penny size in my palm, rub my palms together and distribute at the scalp distrubuting in a circular motion. I have dark brown/black hair so it shows up a bit easily so I try to distribute as much as possible on the scalp area.

The smell is okay, very lemon-y. The packaging could use some tweaking because you have to really be careful how much pressure you apply to squeezing the bottle because it sprays out easily leaving a mess.

It's okay for touch ups but I probably won't buy the regular size bottle again and only buy the travel size. I do prefer it to aerosol at times because you can definitely spot treat.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by sipsmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells awful. Unless you want to smell like lemon Lysol, just take the time to wash your hair and don't use this stuff. I wash my hair everyday anyways so I'm not sure why I bought it in the first place except that it caught my attention while I was at Sephora in the check-out line where they have all the travel size products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice dry shampoo. I was using TiGi's Rockaholic Dry Shampoo but didn't like the fact that it was aerosol and I think it was giving me breakouts.

Other people have talked about the smell, which funny enough does kind of smell like lemon lysol (as another reviewer mentioned), but its not strong enough to bother me.

The packaging is kind of a pain. It has a little squeeze top so you have to tilt it to the side and slightly squeeze so that the powder comes out. If you don't tilt enough, then the powder doesn't come out and if you tilt too much then a BUNCH of powder comes out. Not the best system but I can't think of a different system thats not aerosol. Luckily, I have blond hair so if I squirt too much out I can blend but I can see that this would be a pain for girls with dark hair. One thing I've done is just squirt it in my fingers and run my fingers over areas that need it.

One thing I've found with dry shampoos is that they can really weigh your hair down. I think the TiGi Rockaholic is the best for not doing that, but this comes in pretty close. It doesn't really weigh it down, but it doesn't volumize either.

Overall, I like this despite the difficulty in application. It also has a natural formula, which is a definite plus for me! Ingredients:
Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Kaolin, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Tapioca Starch, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Beta Glucan, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract, Rice Amino Acids, Magnesium Carbonate, Hectorite, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by MojoWorkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG the SMELL of this is revolting! I felt so sick the day I tried this. It actually does work and I wish they'd make an unscented vesion b/c this is just GROSS. UGH would not every buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by jdh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this dry shampoo! It's simply the best one out there. I've tried many others and always come back to this one. If I really want to I can go about 3 days without washing when using this. The only two cons I'd say are price it's a bit steep and the packaging can be a pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by dazzledork

I've tried many dry shampoo sprays and got fed up with them running out so quickly, so I decided to try this so I can actually see how much I'm using. So far I love it! I think it'll last me way longer than the other dry shampoos I've tried. It is hard to control how much power comes out (the reason I rated it 4 stars overall and 3 stars for packaging), but its easier to get it where you want unlike a spray. I like the smell, although my sister said it reminded her of lemon-scented Lysol haha.
UPDATE: I'm changing my rating from 4 stars to 5 simply because, for me, this is the best dry shampoo I have found in 2 years of trying MANY dry shampoos. This is my HG and I'm now on my 5th bottle (a bottle will last me around 4-6 months)! The trick to controlling how much powder comes out is to shake the bottle rather than squeeze. Squeezing causes way too much powder to come out and will make your hair look ashy, which is really bad since I'm a brunette. I mostly use this at night, that way it has time to soak up the oil and not look white.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is alright. The smell does not bother me. It does make my hair look clean and remove oil. I really have to work it into my scalp though. I usually have to put hairspray over it to absorb some of the powder. I used to use plain old baby powder before I bought this and I feel it works just as good and is much cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a good product, but it gets sloppy. I find that the spray runs out fast which is why I purchased the loose powder. It does a great job, and I love the smell of lemons. The only cons I have to say is that it get's sloppy and it feels heavy on my scalp as the day goes by.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This did not work for me. I used the product correctly but was getting flakes coming from my scalp and it looked like dandruff! I brushed it out fine but if I scratched my head, I would get this nasty powder under my nails. Also the smell is too overpowering. The application was really hard to get a small enough amount spread evenly over the areas you need it to.

Batiste (pink bottle) works better, easier application for a lot less $$

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan. After minutes and minutes of rubbing I could still see the powder on my roots. Whenever I've tried baby powder it's taken a minute to rub in at most. I don't know how this can be worse than using baby powder, but it is.