BeneFit Cosmetics Dr Feelgood

2.4

Corn Starch Modified, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isosteryl Meopentanoate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Diethylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobili) Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Ascorbyl Palmitate

on 10/1/2011 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Have already repurchased this product twice. I have extremely sensitive and oily skin and this works amazingly well for me. It keeps me matte and works as a primer under foundation, tinted moisturizer, powder or even on its own. The only down side is that you have to replace the sponge every week or so and it is quite pricey.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

eh this is an ok product...expensive as sh!t....neither good nor bad imo but i wont buy again

on 9/27/2011 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Total rip off!
Cons-
Product dries out in pot
The smell is horrible
Made me break out
Too expensive
Patting the product on like how the Benefit rep suggested doesn't work at all--the product is so dry that I almost had to grind it into my skin
Skin looked dry and too matte

Pros-
Cute cover design on the pot

on 8/27/2011 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I <3 this product very much.
I put it all over my face with the sponge UNDER/BEFORE my foundation.
It is oil free, so it doesn't make my skin worse.
It's a tad expensive but lasts for ages.
It has a nice smell which fades once applied.
It makes my make up last ages, hence; for prom I applied my make up at around midday and it lasted past midnight :D
I Highly reccommend this <3

I've used this product for a month now. I used to regret after i bought it but now i know how to use it to work with my skin. It claims to be a touch up over your make up to make your skin less shiny & matte. It does mattify your face and all but when you use the sponge provided to dab on your face it will unfortunately pick up the makeup that you have on your face. Now, I am using it after i put on my skincare. I let go of the sponge which is not very hygenic to keep it inside the tin. I will only use this product underneath a thin tinted moisturizer or BB cream by using my fingers. I will dab a little bit of compact powder over. For touch up I will use my finger to apply it on the oily & shiny area but still have to reapply my compact powder. Maybe I would repurchase this again until i found a better product.

on 8/24/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What a waste of money! It failed to do anything good at all for my skin. Went straight to the bin.

on 7/28/2011 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is NOT for oily skin, doesn't mattify it actually made me look shiny, doesn't cover pores, it's more like a moisturizer at best, i'd rather use a cheap face primer from like e.l.f or nyx, it has a really cute tin though that i use for storing other makeup products but for the amount of money paid, it is not worth it at all.

on 7/27/2011 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I read loads of reviews about this product before buying it. Good and bad. I decided to buy it anyway and was disapointed the first time I tried it on. It was in the evening, after a day in London and I wanted to check if it really was effective against my shiny-end-of-the-day-skin. I applied it on my nose: nothing. Then I applied it on my boyfriend's nose which was also a bit shiny: nothing either.
The next day, I tried again at the end of the day but with more product: still nothing.
I watched a few reviews on the net as how to use it, but it didn't help, as everyone seems to find it difficult to use.
I gave it another try this morning and I think I'm starting to get a grip on this product. I first applied my moisturizer, then the balm, everywhere on my face. My skin was indeed more even! I then applied my concealer (I had to put less, as it was blending more easily into my skin), my powder and my blush, and I can tell there is a difference. My skin seems beter. I couldn' explain how exactly, but it is.
So, here are the things to remember if you have combination skin like mine:
- only apply on deeply moisturized skin
- don't dab it as told on the tin, but take a good quantity on the spnoge and apply it like you would with a powder
- don't apply over make up
- don't apply before make up if you use liquid foundation
Update 14/10/11: Big news, when I first wrote my review, I picked "will not buy again" and guess what I did yesterday just after noticing I was almost out of Dr Feelgood... I bought a new tin! I really got to love this product as weeks went by. It might be a bit difficult to apply at first with the strange wax consistency, but it really helps my make up to stay put all day, it softens the skin, makes it even and I found you have to use less concealer and powder after applying Dr Feelgood than without. So yes, expensive, difficult to find the good way for you to use it, doesn't really hide fine lines or pores, but if you only look at it as a simple primer, it's great. Of course, the problem is that Benefit promises way more than "just a primer"...
Update 14/02: After seven month of using this product, I realize I couldn't do without it now. It has become an important step in my make up routine and helps my make-up to stay put all day, summer or winter. It makes my skin soft and even. I'm addicted to it and just wanted to let you girls know! I've even added two lippies to my original rating! It took a while but now, I LOVE it!

on 6/22/2011 7:47:00 PM

This product is a completely no no for me. It is so hard to spread evenly on the face even I use my fingertips. It is waxy and I feel it sits on top of my skin for ages. It does nothing abt oil control and minimise pores. As for such high price, product itself is a total failure.

on 6/22/2011 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this on the premise that it would help conceal my pores and give me a nice, flawless, even base on which to put my foundation.

Hmm..this is basically cakey oil in a tin.
It didn't conceal my pores so much as it did block them and it made my skin quite lumpy as I found it didn't sink in as quickly as I would have liked.

Popular Primer/ Correctors