July 24, 2014 | 1312 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by sputnik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what a "complexion balm" is supposed to be, or what it's supposed to do.
This is marketed towards oilier skin types as a balm- that mattifies. A balm, that mattifies... I am still puzzled as to how I could have fallen for something which sounds so counterintuitive in the first place. Maybe it's all the good luck I've been having with TheBalm's products, but I digress.
As for Dr. Feelgood: It's unsanitary and impossible to use as a mattifier during touch ups, because it will ruin your makeup. Even if you carefully pat it with that sponge it comes with, you will easily see the transfer on the sponge. I tried it as a primer, but this just seems like an inferior version of their very own Porefessional, or the Skin Smoothig Face Prep by Nars.
It smells good, it feels good (so I guess they didn't lie), but I don't know if it really does anything to improve my skin's appearance in a noticeable way, it doesn't even mattify. So what is this for? Pore spackle? They should just say so then.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ellieface23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is absolutely amazing!! After wearing Dr. Feelgood for a while, I can't imagine NOT wearing it under my makeup!! My skin is combination, but in the summer time/any time it's over 80 degrees, my skin tends to lean more on the oily side. This velvety magical face balm makes my face matte and keeps shine at bay for hours. I can see how on certain skin types it may not be ideal, but if you are thinking about trying this product, I would definitely give it a try! If it doesn't work for you, you can always take it back. It is one of my MOST essential makeup products EVER now :-).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lilasbaby

i love this product!!!! it smells soooo lovely and refreshing!! it gives me a good mood everything i smell it!! the sponge is soo nice to touch and use. the package is lovely. i use it as a primer to give my skin a matte look before i use my bb cream (foundation). it gives a protective layer from makeup and makes it last longer and look better.

the only con is that the sponge can get dirty and it is a bit pricey for me. it would also be a bonus if it contains SPF.

however, given all the other pros, i would definitely buy this again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by arissamay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate this primer. It didn't make me feel good, it made me feel ripped off. The sponge that comes in the container is useless, removes too much product during use and then fails to actually apply the product effectively, so a lot of the product crumbles off of the sponge during application and is lost. I basically had to apply this product with my fingers and even then it did not go on smoothly, was difficult to even out and did nothing for my skin that several less expensive primers couldn't do. It also did not absorb well on my face in dry areas - takes too much work and too much money for too little payoff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this was the 1st primer i ever used, and i tried a friend's, so i only used it a couple times.

price is a little expensive for me, $20-ish on ebay, i think?
i feel like the packaging isnt sanitary, as the same sponge would be used to apply it and then placed back in the container. but the packaging's CUTE, at least :)
it felt nice going on and while it was on under my MU, but thats about it. applied under liquid foundation i realy didnt notice much of a difference. maybe the foundation lasted longer, but you can get that from any primer. and i actually used it on the premise that it'd fill in some acne scars and make my MU go on more evenly, but it didnt do that at all.
while it didnt cause me any breakouts, i feel like i could spend way less on some preparation H, or monistat anti-chafing gel, and get a better result, so i would not (re) buy. well, you know, i wouldnt buy in the 1st place ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by katable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my first tin of Dr Feelgood, and since I've started to hit pan, I thought I'd share my thoughts on it -
The Good:
I love how it makes my face feel so silky smooth and soft that I just want to keep touching it - it does a fairly good job on minimising pores, although the Porefessional does an even better job. I was expecting to breakout from this product, but I haven't! (And this is coming from someone who's had to use prescription medication for acne.) I find that it works very well as a primer for liquid foundation and that's how I usually use this. It gives an even, slightly dewy/ semi-matte finish which I like. It's also handy for touch-ups during the day when my makeup starts to go cakey from my oily skin - I just swipe a bit of Dr Feelgood with my finger and dab/ lightly press it onto whatever need fixing and voila! evens out creases, and makes makeup look smooth and fresh again. I've found this better than using powder (which usually makes things look heavier/patchy/cracked/flaky depending on the exact powder).
Its also in a handy tin to carry around easily and has a lovely citrus scent.
The Bad:
The sponge is really annoying and hard to get out of the tin. It tends to hold onto a lot of product but doesn't apply very efficiently, leaving product building up in it. It needs regular washing.
It doesn't work very well in covering up lines.
If you want to use this straight after foundation (to give a very natural dewy finish and smooth enough to blend blusher/highlighter), you'll have to get the product on the sponge and then pat VERY gently so that you don't cake your face or just wipe off your foundation.
Overall:
Even though there's some tedious aspects to making Dr Feelgood work for me, I'm addicted to the feel, the smell, and the way makes my makeup look. Will definitely repurchase despite the price, because this is as close to flawless looking skin as I can get I think (think pores, red patches, acne scars, and oily skin with some dry patches).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by missmelodya

received this as a gift. product did not work as intended. over makeup, under makeup, it even sucks by itself, which says something.

completely clogged pores, smells rather unpleasant, really do not understand the point of this product despite looking up reviews and reading instructions online. not a winner for me - gave it to someone else as they'd been curious to try it, and they ended up hating it too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by LittleMy17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cute tin packaging, but this has got to be one of the worst products I've ever bought...total waste of money. It does not mattify skin, removes your foundation when gently patted over as per the instructions, and makes lines seem more noticeable, as it makes your makeup fall into creases.

Because of it's weird slip-y texture, I also tried it under my eyes before foundation in case it would work like a foundation primer. It didn't . The first time I smiled it showed up every crease, line, and fold around my eyes. I have no idea why they even bother to produce it. Dr. Feelgood makes me feel bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by chillicookie

packaging: tin can looks good... BUT! unnecessary for a primer
smell: awful! smells like disinfectant, bug repellant, or household cleaner

it looks like a wax but is velvety to the touch. if it smells good or no scent at all then i might reconsider using this product. but it's just a product that i don't want to throw away because of the lovely packaging.
i don't like that my makeup slips and some product goes to the sponge applicator included in dr.feel good. 1 lippie for the packaging, another one for velvety feel. would not repurchase and would like to throw away because of the smell and makeup slips off when using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Putting this on after finishing my makeup routine ruins everything. It's like it made my makeup "move" and "slide" on my face. It did not give any added benefit (no pun intended) to my finished look. Definitely a waste of money.