L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 10/2/2013 9:38:00 AM

This is the only drug store mascara I'll use. I'm not a make up snob,but when it comes to mascara I find given my type of lashes(non existant) I fair better with high end mascaras, Dior Blackout being my favourite.However,this one is very good.It does take a few uses to "come to" but when it does it builds long thick dark lashes without clumping or smudging.Layers very well.Nice black, easily removed.Not as good as Dior,but hey , for the price this is a jewel at the drug store.

on 10/1/2013 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm not sure if I would repurchase this. My new fave (Too Faced Better than Sex) is getting dry and I didn't feel like going to Sephora to get a new one so I took a recommendation from a friend that I would like this one since I like super voluminous lashes.

I much prefer the curved brush of the Too Faced, and this one is straighter. It also is wetter and WAYYY more product comes off on the brush when you pull the wand out of the tube. I don't know if that's mine or if the stopper sucks. The color is great. The carbon black is awesome, but it's NOT smudgeproof, and I usually NEVER have a problem with smudges. I have to be very careful and let it "set" before I move while I"m putting on my mascara and let it dry. I notice more smudges under my lower lashes than on the top.

If my eyes get wet at all, it gets everywhere. If I were to repurchase, I might try the waterproof even though I hate WP mascaras. But I think that the wetness of it annoys me to the point where I'll go back to Too Faced. I'll finish this one up first, but that one's awesome.

on 9/26/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Probably my favorite mascara. Very good and it is the best in Carbon Black. I have no problem with smudging or anything. Only downside for me is that it can get messy while applying and i end up getting mascara on my nose sometimes! However, take a qtip and wipe it off! I definitely by far prefer this mascara over Benefit's They're Real and Benefit's Bad Gal Lash. Those only lengthen but this baby lengthens, thickens, and volumizes!

on 9/24/2013 2:02:00 AM

Okay, so I had bought this a while ago and I fell in love with it. It gave me AMAZING volume and length. It was my GG for a little while but then like most of us we like to venture off and try new mascaras but I've recently come back to it and I'm sad to say that it is no longer my favorite. It does separate nicely and thickness as I said but it SMUDGES on my lids about 2 hours after application and girls we all know that's not a cute look on anybody. It never used to bother me I just used to wipe it away or throw a little powder there but I hate doing that now and I need stg better. Sry L'oreal but I'm movin on. Although I would repurchase this in a pinch cause I know the amazing volume it gives me but for regular day wear, no more.

on 9/23/2013 7:49:00 PM

This product went on beautifully, I absolutely loved it! But it started to melt on my face and I had the waterproof kind so no matter what I did to fix it, it wouldn't budge. So I had to walk around school with melted mascara for the whole day. TERRIBLY EMBARRASSING! I do not recommend this stuff at all! Find a different mascara, don't buy this cheap junk.

on 9/22/2013 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Ugh, I HATE this mascara.. First of all, it clumps all my lashes together. Not the greatest look. Second, the formula is too wet, not a fan. As well as, taking it off is a nightmare. I do not know whether because it wasn't waterproof, but it melted off my eye lashes and went all under my eyes.. Looked like a panda and was a pain to take that off. So yeah, will never purchase this mascara again.

on 9/18/2013 7:19:00 PM

This doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and gives the appearance of very black thick dramatic lashes. The carbon black colour is the darkest I've come across in a mascara. The only downside is the formula is a little goopy, and this mascara can clump sometimes.

on 9/7/2013 9:03:00 PM

AMAZING! I was an avid user of Dior and Benefit mascara until finding this. Its volumizing, lengthening and looks like falsies! I will be rebuying this, and at less than $6 it seems too good to be true but its true! Its awesome!

on 8/27/2013 6:44:00 PM

Not liking this much. Somewhat "greasy" as in not a wet or a dry type of mascara. Lot of waxiness is the best way I can term this, which would be fine, but it tends to slide and clean up is a bit of a mess. Not at all impressed, sorry to say. Price was good.

on 8/25/2013 3:43:00 PM

THE. BEST. cheaper/drugstore brand mascara I've ever tried. After buying Lancome, BareMinerals, Benefit, UD, Tarte, Too Faced, and a million other drugstore mascaras, this comes out on top. The formula is definitely one of the best if not the best because it's true to its name - it is VERY black. It's also wet and spreads evenly and easily on the lashes so you don't have to try really hard to coat every lash. One coat usually does what 2-3 coats of other mascaras do which saves time too. It also doesn't clump which is awesome, even after 3 coats. The volume and length this gives is crazy which says a lot since I have stick straight asian lashes. The best!

Video Reviews & Tutorials