September 19, 2014 | 976 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by itstheaparkalypse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara! It extended my eyelashes so much. I used it on my bottom lashes too, but it makes them look a bit spidery so I stopped. The formula is super wet and takes a while to dry so I ALWAYS get it on my bottom lid. does anyone know how to stop this? Other than that, it's a really good mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There are soooo many better mascaras out there. After using this twice, the brush started to get gunky and gross. I have so many clumps, flakes, and smudges that I've considered throwing this away having only used it a handful of times. It's truly awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by AbTsiAbygail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara! It's seriously magic on my short, sparse lashes! I use only two coats and it looks like I'm wearing lash extensions. I have been using this mascara since 2011 and have probably purchased a hundred of this just because I love it that much! MUAs, this mascara is a must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ewendlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite mascara for getting lots of volume and minimal clumping. I have been using this for years - my lashes are naturally long and curled and this mascara does not seem to weigh them down at all. It stays on great and doesn't get flaky by the end of the day.

The only reason I'm rating it 4/5 is because every tube of this I've bought seems to dry up a bit too much for me after about 2 months despite any efforts to prevent it. It's perfect up until a couple months in which the formula becomes a bit thicker and clumpier on the lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

this mascara is pretty good for volume but it doesn't hold a curl very well and i found it super clumpy. I found it smudged a little under my eye which i've found other drugstore mascaras that don't do that. worth a try but not a holy grail. probably wouldn't repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't like this mascara! Almost all of my friends use and love this, but when I bought my own, I was not impressed. My main complaint is that when I wear it, it seems to really weigh my lashes down, if that makes sense. I curl my lashes several times before applying mascara, and the second I put this on, they're straight as a board and weird looking. I don't know why. The color is great, but the formula is a little too wet for me. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by emandemsinalamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:

- Very dark, inky-black pigment. Truly "carbon black."
- Great volume.
- Pretty decent length.
- Formula has a wet but not liquid-y texture, and a thicker consistency which makes for minimal clumping and maximum volume.
- No flaking to speak of.
- The price is right, at around $7-$10 CAD.

Cons:

- It tends to smear, especially if you use under-eye concealer or have oily lids or oily skin, or if you don't allow your moisturizer/foundation to fully soak in before applying. The smearing is not extreme, but it's enough to be noticeable, and enough that I feel that I have to wipe under my eyes after a few hours of wear.
- This stuff is wet and easy to get everywhere if you aren't careful during application. Smearing is bad during application if you don't have the steadiest hand.
- Minimal clumping, but is easily fixed with additional strokes or with a lash comb.

Overall, I really like this mascara, and would repurchase. I would say it's one of the best ones I've used, drugstore or high-end, but the smearing is such a shame. If it didn't smear so frequently, it'd be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by geekischic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I'll soon be a poor, broke college student, I've been testing out drugstore makeup, to cut down on costs. Mascara was the first on my list. This little beauty was highly recommended to me by the lovely ladies of makeup alley, and thank heavens! It lengthens, it volumizes, all without clumps! It gives me gorgeous, lengthy flirty looking lashes. The price is beyond affordable. In fact, there is a sale coming up tomorrow, and I plan on stocking up! HG drugstore mascara for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by yadei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

hate this drugstore mascara. it is carbon black but it clumps your lashes like crazy. i would not recommend this mascara cause its horrible

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by michellenovaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

O. M. G! Holy Grail mascara! I love it soo much! After one swipe my eyelashes are already really long and thick! I use this under The Falsies and DAAANG it's perfect. The only problem I have with it is when you take the brush out of the tube a lot of product comes out on it. HOWEVER I just scrape this off using the rim of the opening on the tube and everything's perfecto.