October 24, 2014 | 1188 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupinfo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried too many underperforming lip balms to mention, but thanks to recommendations by BarbiH, I decided to try this. Usually, I had to apply lip balms many times of day because my lips were always peeling, flaky and dry, but with this one, I apply once in the morning and once before going to bed. It keeps my lips protected and moisturized all day (and night) long even as the weather has gotten colder.

I've used it for a few months now and I love it. It's a bit thick, but i usually just squeeze about a 1/4 pea size onto a clean finger and pat in on my lips. Once it has melted a bit from the heat of my lips, I gently rub it all over my lips. I even used it on my red / chafed nose recently when it was irritated from blowing it too much. My nose healed by the next day.

Bottom line: I highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wish I would have found this years ago. My son has the most chapped lips ever and I found out about this from MUA. I went out and bought a tube and... I may as well throw everything else out. ( But I won't...addicted to lip products). Well, I used a TINY little dot on his lips and mine as well. His lips were moisturized all day long. No more dry peeling skin! As for myself, I noticed how soft my lips were and also I LOVE that this has no scent or taste! Great find.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by marybob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really great for your NAILS and CUTICLES too. Rub this into your peeling nails early and often. Multi purpose product that really works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all, I just want to let anyone reading this know that Lansinoh is a cream for the nipples of breastfeeding mothers! Maybe I'm an idiot, but somehow when I was reading about it online I did not pick up on that, and was scouring lip balm sections in drugstores trying to find it! So look for it in the baby section. Anyways, the product itself is a very thick gel. I bought it because I read that it had great plumping effects, and I have thin lips, and lack the compulsive urge to constantly reapply lip balm that I had in high school, so I often let them get dry, making them even thinner. This product DOES have a noticeable plumping effect. I've been using it 1-2x daily for about a week, before bed and sometimes before I head out in the morning. My lips have been noticeably fuller, and take longer to get dry than they did previously. Obviously this is a nice bonus for wintertime. Unlike with a traditional lip plumper, the effects don't disappear an hour after application. Your lips are fuller because they are more well-moisturized, not because they're temporarily irritated. Would I re-purchase? Not entirely sure. It was more expensive than I expected ($12 CDN), and I don't like having a product exclusively for use before bed. the tube is too big to lug around.
EDIT: Ok, I'm definitely thinking I'll repurchase. My lips are definitely plumper, this was even clearer to me after seeing all the photos from holiday festivities. $12 for something I only have to use once a day, before bed, to give me noticeably plumper lips is a good deal, imho. My fellow thin-lippers might want to give it a shot.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Was recommended to me by my dentist (of all people?) for occassional irritation in the corners of my lips (dry, winter air). This stuff is amazing (and so basic). My lips feel and look great. I also use this on my eyelids at night if I feel they are more dry than usual.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Another MIRACLE product I never would've known if not for Makeupalley!

I have perpetually dry lips and I tried everything from Kiehl's, Carmex to Neutrogena.. Nothing would work. I desperately sought for help here when I noticed my lips looking horrendous after putting lipstick on with cracks and all...

After reading all the wonderful reviews, I decided I have nothing to lose with trying this (besides 10usd)... Now, my lips are soft and plump! So kissable! Haha! Yes, the consistency is VERY thick so I'd recommend using a pea sized amount and only at night... Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Lexi77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thank you MUA! You do not disappoint! This product is amazing! I have been using it for 2 days now and my lips look and feel fabulous. It seems to plump and smooth my lips as well, which is a nice little bonus. It leaves a wonderful pinkish glossy sheen look. I love it. I will be starting a third (a whole other story) round of Accutane in 5 days and I can't wait to use this product when my lips practically shrivel up and fall off do to the drug. It is a must try, you will not regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this for a couple of days, but WOW. My lips feel ridiculously soft, even in the harsh weather (hot one day, cold the next) that my area is having right now. I bought this based on reviews here, and I am so glad I did. I bought mine at drugstore.com, and it was $7.99 for 1.4 oz, which is huge if you're just using it for lips. This morning, I used it on my lips (over a lip stain) and on my elbows and the results are fantastic. It takes such a small amount, and I didn't find it too hard to squeeze from the tube. Seriously, if you suffer from chapped lips, nasty dry elbows, anything, try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by angelablair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Lansinoh. I am still on my first tube, puchased almost 2 years ago for breastfeeding my son. It is a life saver for your nipples when breastfeeding and I never really thought about using it for anything else. But when I did, the results were awesome. Here are my uses for Lansinoh:
1. Cracked nipples due to breastfeeding (obviously)
2. Healing pimples/open sores. Ex. I had a nasty sore on the inside of my nose for months. I was getting worried that it wasn't healing and it was really painful and annoying. I had been using neosporin with no help of healing. I found my bottle of lansinoh and decided to give it a try. Well literally within 2 days my place inside my nose was completely healed! Since this incident, I started using it for any sort or sore or pimple and it helps so much.
3. Dry skin. I have acne prone skin and sometimes when I use a face wash that contains peroxide my face becomes so dry, irritated, and flakey. My normal mositurizers and exfoliators can't handle this sort of dryness, but Lansinoh can! Using this for a couple days will take care of your dry skin.

I never knew Lansinoh could cause bad reactions to your skin, till reading on here. But it has been a life saver for me and I've never had any problems with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by TeaGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I came across this product by accident when I was looking for a new lip balm on the internet.

I used it once on my lips and I was hooked. It can be used during the day or during the night. There is no scent or taste at all, its lasts a long time once its applied, its clear and its not sticky.

I like to apply this first and then add a top coat of a coloured or shimmery gloss.

I got mine for about $8 at Chemist Warehouse. I found it in the baby section. For what it does, the price is worth it!