July 29, 2014 | 1887 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Another MIRACLE product I never would've known if not for Makeupalley!

I have perpetually dry lips and I tried everything from Kiehl's, Carmex to Neutrogena.. Nothing would work. I desperately sought for help here when I noticed my lips looking horrendous after putting lipstick on with cracks and all...

After reading all the wonderful reviews, I decided I have nothing to lose with trying this (besides 10usd)... Now, my lips are soft and plump! So kissable! Haha! Yes, the consistency is VERY thick so I'd recommend using a pea sized amount and only at night... Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Lexi77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thank you MUA! You do not disappoint! This product is amazing! I have been using it for 2 days now and my lips look and feel fabulous. It seems to plump and smooth my lips as well, which is a nice little bonus. It leaves a wonderful pinkish glossy sheen look. I love it. I will be starting a third (a whole other story) round of Accutane in 5 days and I can't wait to use this product when my lips practically shrivel up and fall off do to the drug. It is a must try, you will not regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this for a couple of days, but WOW. My lips feel ridiculously soft, even in the harsh weather (hot one day, cold the next) that my area is having right now. I bought this based on reviews here, and I am so glad I did. I bought mine at drugstore.com, and it was $7.99 for 1.4 oz, which is huge if you're just using it for lips. This morning, I used it on my lips (over a lip stain) and on my elbows and the results are fantastic. It takes such a small amount, and I didn't find it too hard to squeeze from the tube. Seriously, if you suffer from chapped lips, nasty dry elbows, anything, try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by angelablair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Lansinoh. I am still on my first tube, puchased almost 2 years ago for breastfeeding my son. It is a life saver for your nipples when breastfeeding and I never really thought about using it for anything else. But when I did, the results were awesome. Here are my uses for Lansinoh:
1. Cracked nipples due to breastfeeding (obviously)
2. Healing pimples/open sores. Ex. I had a nasty sore on the inside of my nose for months. I was getting worried that it wasn't healing and it was really painful and annoying. I had been using neosporin with no help of healing. I found my bottle of lansinoh and decided to give it a try. Well literally within 2 days my place inside my nose was completely healed! Since this incident, I started using it for any sort or sore or pimple and it helps so much.
3. Dry skin. I have acne prone skin and sometimes when I use a face wash that contains peroxide my face becomes so dry, irritated, and flakey. My normal mositurizers and exfoliators can't handle this sort of dryness, but Lansinoh can! Using this for a couple days will take care of your dry skin.

I never knew Lansinoh could cause bad reactions to your skin, till reading on here. But it has been a life saver for me and I've never had any problems with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by TeaGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I came across this product by accident when I was looking for a new lip balm on the internet.

I used it once on my lips and I was hooked. It can be used during the day or during the night. There is no scent or taste at all, its lasts a long time once its applied, its clear and its not sticky.

I like to apply this first and then add a top coat of a coloured or shimmery gloss.

I got mine for about $8 at Chemist Warehouse. I found it in the baby section. For what it does, the price is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by tadpole02

My baby is 13 years old, so I bought this solely for using on my lips at night this fall and winter. I have also found another use for this and it may seem odd? But, my earlobes tend to dry out and split at the bottom in the winter...don't know why, but they have done this for years...and I have been using this on them at night and it must be working, no problems yet! I do wish it was cheaper, but like others have said, this stays on and sinks in at night, whereas vaseline doesn't on me. So, I will continue to buy also!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I've been using this as my night time lip balm for about a year now and am still going on the same tube, so it really ends up economical. I find it keeps my lips completely moisturised and plumped up, and I can still feel it on my lips the next morning when I wake up. If your skin tolerates lanolin, get a tube of this, it's fantastic for dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by shrae1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG product - especially for my lips!!! I have been using it for about 10 years and I use it for just about every skin condition. Like others on the board, I came upon this product purely by coincidence...after having my daughter I could not find my vasoline for my lips and figured "what the heck - looks like vaseline". SO GLAD I DID!!! Plus, after learning of the petrol product dangers, I was an absolute convert. I have super dry, chapped, cracking, peeling lips and this is the ONLY product that does the job. I apply this at night before bed, then again in the am before I get in the shower, then in the shower I scrub my lips with a washcloth and it makes them super soft and smooth. I put a dab on before lipstick/gloss or use it by itself because it gives just the right amount of sheen. However, do not try to use this under or over one of those extended wear lipsticks (like CG Outlast) it will not stick and I actually use this lanoline to remove that kind of lipstick at night. I did give it a 5 star for packaging - not because it is convenient or discreet - but because it does not deter me in any way from buying it. I also buy the carmex pots and depot the balm from there and throw it away just so I can use the container for this stuff. I do wish they would come up with a "stick" version of this! I can pick it up for about $10 at any store in the area - you will find it in the breast feeding or baby aisle. That may seem pricey to someone who has never used it - but believe me...it will be the best $10 you have ever invested in any product. ***Do not buy the store's generic version of this - I did once and it was NOT the same. And yes, my kids refer to it as "boob cream"...but it is the only product they will beg for when their lips are cracked or their noses are chafed from blowing. Also, this does not have any menthol in it, so it will not sting any raw skin. Try this stuff - it will become your HG too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by tchenderson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best stuff!! I originally discovered it 18 years ago when I was in the hospital having my son. I've been buying it ever since. It is my go to lip product. I used to use Vaseline or Aquaphor on my lips before bed, but it would wear off it a couple of hours. Not this!! I also use it for cuticles, cracked heels and also on the skin around my kids mouth in the winter. Every year they would get the ring of raw, chapped skin around their mouths and I'd slather this on them. At our house, we still call it "nipple cream". I had to laugh last winter when my 14 year old asked me where the nipple cream was while he had a friend over. I can only imagine what the poor kid said to his parents when he got home! I do occasionally use this over lip pencil as gloss. I know that there are people that have a sensitivity to lanolin, so test it out, but I think most people will have no problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this for my lips and elbow as I don't nurse or have children.

It's very effective at helping to protect and retain moisture and I find that my dry areas are back to normal in a little as 2 nights.

I would repurchase.