November 27, 2014 | 1472 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried so many mineral foundations from cheap to expensive. I got a EM free sample kit a couple of months ago and I love it. I tried most of the formulas and think I like the matte the best. It still gives that "dewy" finish without looking too shiny. I have very sensitive skin and have had no trouble with this makeup. BE made me itch sometimes and other mineral makeup I have tried either doesn't cover well or it is full of crazy ingredients, which is one of the reasons buy mineral make up in the first place! Love EM blush and concealers too. Will def buy again when my samples run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just received my sample kit 2 days ago, and so far I'm happily surprised by the results! I have always loved the way MMU felt on my skin, but wasn't sure about the results with the brands I've tried. I hated BE because of the odd shiny finish it left and it made my face itchy. Laura Mercier is also good, but a bit expensive. EM is inexpensive, but offers a good quality product that actually works! My skin looks healthy and airbrushed. (Most recently, I was using L'Oreal True Match foundation, but didn't like the heavy,greasy feeling I got after a few hours of wear.) With EM I still need to touch up my oily spots, so the staying power is not so great. I've been using the matte formula, since I have oily skin. Will update this review after more usage.
***UPDATE- I really tried to like this, but it has absolutely no staying power. Also it's not the best product for oily skin. (I tried misting my brush w/ Evian for a heavier application, but got the same results.) :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I'm divided on how I feel about this product. On one hand, it's the best looking foundation I've ever used in that it looks VERY natural, does a great job of evening out my skin tone, is affordable, doesn't break me out, is long-lasting, and, most of the time, it feels as if I have nothing on when I'm wearing it. On the other hand, I truly do have combination skin (an extremely oily T-zone and dry cheeks), and the formula is so drying that it excentuates my dry patches and makes my T-zone look super shiny. I don't know whether the problem is my skin or the foundation, but either way, I love how it looks so much when my skin will put up with it that I'll definitely keep buying it and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in trying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by ilovehottsauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Packaging is pretty.
Color selection is great.
Takes a long time to finish a whole jar.

Cons:
This stuff makes your face caked up.
Is not long wearing.
Will smear within hours.

I decided trying EDM one day because I haven't tried it for such a long time. I only put on 2 layers- the base and finishing powder. When I went to visit my boyfriend he immediately told me that I looked like I fell into a bowl of powder and that I looked like I put too much makeup on. I also have super oily skin and this lasted up to about an hour until it starting running off of my face. I really wanted to like this stuff because it's soo cheap :(

I prefer my purelycosmetics mineral. Put on 4 layers of this stuff on and my boyfriend thought I wasn't wearing makeup. However it isn't as cheap as EDM.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

My review for this is similar to the one for the intensive formula. I put another order through for the matte formula thinking that it'll help with my oiliness but unfortunately it didn't do a thing. My skin looked like an oily mess just two hours in and the foundation looked patchy on closer inspection. I'm quite disappointed that it worked wonders for so many but didn't do a thing for me. So no i wont be buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by k2rhodes

I really loved EM, but unfortunately, it made me break out horribly. I'm not sure, but they might have changed their formula recently- I had used it for about 2 years, and when I re-ordered in a different color, I had nothing but horrible breakouts until I stopped using the foundation. I actually have several scars on my face from that little disaster. :(

BUT- I know it doesn't make a lot of people break out, and if it didn't make me break out, it would be my HG foundation. I would deduct a star just because the coverage isn't quite as good as I'd like. As others have said, it looks flawless, and I had so many compliments on my skin when I used to wear it. I now use J. Lynne because it doesn't seem to bother my skin, and in all honesty I don't like quite as much, but it does provide better coverage for scars/ breakouts, and it doesn't break me out really. I'm very sad that EM didn't work out for me, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sschroed

I used to be a loyal BE user, but after hearing rave reviews about EDM on this website and others, I figured I'd give it a try. The prices are nearly half that of BE, so I really had nothing to lose. I have combination skin, so I thought the matte formula would be best. I placed my sample orders on the EDM website, and received the order in 3 days!!! I had no problem finding my perfect shade match, and placed my full-size order. I have been wearing EDM for a month now, and I am TOTALLY IN LOVE!!!!! I cannot believe I used to think my BE foundation looked okay - EDM totally blows BE away!!!! My skin has never looked more beautiful in all my life. The best part is that the foundation does NOT sink into any lines and wrinkles present on my face. This was not the case at all with BE. BE emphasized EVERY line! EDM foundation gives me a beautiful, flawless finish. It also gives me excellent oil/shine control without drying my skin out. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this product!!!!!! Please give it a try. The prices are amazing too!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample kit just for trying out since i heard MMU works better on Fyrinnae gel primer as it often ball up my liquid foundation. The first 2 days of using this, i really wasnt impressed at all since this has pretty much no staying power and it melted off pretty quickly. My face turned into a pretty oil slick in about 2 hours only (tho it was about 95+ degrees) Though I'm kinda hook on it because it only takes sooo little time on applying. So I keep using it and i feel that it is actually improving my skin condition. Today when I was checking my face at my BF car and boy~ i never looked so prefect before! It looked soo natural on my face like i didnt have makeup on. And one plus thing, my face is usually redder than my neck and i usually have to wear MUFE green primer underneath when wearing liquid foundation. But I skip the green primer when wearing MMU and i dont see that extra redness on my face at all! I still have lot product left in my samples and i'm already planning to buy the full size :D To an oily girl like me, i definitely love to use this when it is under 85degrees. On the hotter days, i will stay with my liquid foundation just for the staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by XcolorMEc0utureX

At first I LOVED the results of my cool fair base in matte. It gave just the right amout of shimmer, great coverage, no itchy skin, and it looks natural! I was shellshocked, could I have found the perfect foundation? I looked so airbrushed and I was just so excited..the blushes are amazing too! I used this product off and on for about 4 days. On the fourth day I noticed a huge, painful, red bump just below my chin. I was on my period, but this was different. This was strange because I NEVER break out on my chin and I never get painful acne, its usally something i can pop within a day or two. Not this, I couldn't TOUCH it. The next day, I found MORE bumps all over my cheeks. I recently got bangs andI guess I didn't look at my forehead closely and OH BOY that was a mess too. Needless to say, I'm never purchasing this again.

BUT- this product is great if you dont break out. Also, their brushes as soooo soft and I love their blushes. Too bad i dont have an even base to start with before i put on my blush... thats what I loved about foundation. I could wear any color blush and it wouldnt interfere with my already-red skin. UGH. I wasn't in COMPLETE need of foundation, but I really wanted that perfect airbrushed look...I guess this is a classic case of "dont fix it if it's not broken"

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does give u a matte finish. I have combination skin, but this is too dry for me.