August 27, 2014 | 2004 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by 1makeupaddict

my sister gave this to me and told me it was great mascara...she was right!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by claudia_sung

I LOVE this mascara.It makes my lashes very long and so defined however,it does not build up much volume.It does not smudge which is the most important thing for a mascara.Who wants to look like a panda?If you are looking for a natural looking mascara,this is the one.!!I bought it for 6.99 for 2.I have finally found my mascara.I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by aspenbooboo41

This is my new HG mascara! As others state, no clumping, flaking, or smudging! Adds definition and moderate lengthening. Perfect for everyday wear. I don't use eye makeup remover (too oily), so I find that this mascara leaves little black flecks around my eyes after I wash it off. However, that stuff comes right off when you wipe it away with a tissue or Qtip (using a little moisturizer helps).
Comparing the Avon Wash Off Waterproof with my previous mascara, Lancome Definicils Waterproof, I have to go with Avon by a mile! It works just as well for at least $15 less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara, it is my current favorite. I've been using it for about 4 months and am on my second tube. I use Black and have very fair skin and hazel eyes. It's a rich, deep black and I love it because I can swipe on one coat and it defines, separates and lengthens perfectly. Absolutely no flaking or smudging. It's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Sumerdai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my HG mascara for everyday wear, in Black/Brown, it really stayed on well, accentuated my lashes without looking "made-up" and washed off without pulling out lashes. But Avon tells me that they have discontinued all but Brown and Black. Black is too dark for my very fair complexion, and Brown is too light for my dark brown eyes. If this is a product that you use, you might want to let Avon know, because it looks like it's on the chopping block.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The reviews for this product are pretty accurate. It adds color and texture, but not too much. I use this in the brown color. Occasionally Avon has a sale and you can get this for really cheap, which is why I bought it. I think for what you pay, it's a good mascara, but nothing phenomenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by avar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend gave this to me to try after she heard me complaining that I have yet to find a great mascara that does not flake, clump, or resist removal. This mascara is awesome. I have tried from top lines (Chanel, Lancome, etc...) on down, and had not found a mascara that would offer volume, length, and curl AND not flake off. This one does all of it. I think I have finally found my HG mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by LipstickGraffiti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on impulse when Avon had the mini mascara for about $1.50, and the first time I tried it, I loved it! I curl my lashes with a lash curler, and this macara holds the curl well. It doesn't flake, and I had no issues with clumping. At the end of the day, it came off easily with my normal face washing routine.

Ultimately I just want a mascara to define my lashes, stay put, and not flake, and for some reason that is so hard to find in one product! This one performs on all counts. It's my favorite mascara so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to use as a waterproofing coat to go over my UD Skyscraper mascara, and for that it works great! Watery/teary eyes will not budge this stuff, but it was easy to get off with eye makeup remover. This is now my new black, inexpensive waterproofer.
I had been using UD's "Lingerie & Galoshes for Lashes" in conjunction with Skyscraper mascara, and was quite pleased with this combination, but, ever the perfectionist, I kept experimenting.

I find that MAC's "Prep + Prime Lash" ramps up my lashes more than UD's "Lingerie."

Since I'm cheap as well as a perfectionist, I didn't want to continue to buy "Lingerie and Galoshes" when I wouldn't use the "Lingerie" part.

So, I decided to look for an inexpensive waterproof mascara to use over Skyscraper as a top coat. Avon had Wah-off on sale, so I decided to try it.

It works fine for my purposes; it's lightweight, and because it's black and not white like "Galoshes," I don't have to wonder if I have white globs apparent on my lashes.

Wash-off" does a fantastic job keeping my mascara in place, even when I get teary.I'm not sure it packs enough "punch" for me to use it on its own, but as a waterproofer it's terrific. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by SophH

This mascara doesn't lengthen much but it makes my eyelashes much blacker and lasts all day. It's the best waterproof formula I've tried in high-end and low-end mascaras-I can swim with this for hours and it still stays on yet it comes off easily with my cleanser.