November 24, 2014 | 937 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a problem with my mascara smudging midday and giving me raccoon eyes. By the end of the day I look like I haven't slept in days! Most mascaras do end up smuding under my eyes, even waterproof. I don't even care to have a waterproof mascara, all I want is oil-proof but that's hard to find. I have oily skin so I need something that can hold up. The few I've found that don't smudge are like concrete to get off and leave my lashes brittle and breaking.
I love that I finally discovered this. Even long after work this mascara still doesn't give me raccoon eyes, not one bit! I'll admit it doesn't hold a curl as well as some other waterproof and I have to curl it a little after I apply it. Also the formula is very natural so it's good for everyday. Formula is very buildable, you can reapply coats and it will not clump. This also comes off easily with a little soap and water, no need for makeup remover. I like that it washes off clean, that makes me feel like I'm not pulling out my lashes each time I remove it.
For $6.50 I will definitely repurchase!
UPDATE: I always go back to this because it's oil-proof but easily washable with soap and water, I just wish it held my curl better and gave me more volume. Like I said, it's a great basic mascara that doesn't smudge(I've slept in this and not a smudge in sight!) but I just wish it was more noticeable. I'm thinking of getting a primer to use underneath so I can have the volume I want without having to deal with smudges again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't much add anymore detail than what was already expressed by reviews, I can add however my experience with the product.

Avon says:
Product Description:
Streak-free mascara that will weather the weepiest of movies. Washes away with soap and water

It's true enough.

Application of the product is easy and does not clump, the product does not cake on the applicator brush and applies thinly on my lashes. It dries fairly quick on my lashes so applying layers of it can be done quickly. Once applied because it dries pretty quickly, it doesn't go in to my eye and hurt me like some of the other mascaras I've tried before. It is not overwhelming with just a few layers of the product on my lashes. It just seems like I have thicker lashes than I really do. I find it great for day wear or office wear. I will need something slightly heavier if I were to have an evening function.

Once it has dried though, if I put too many layers, after a while the mascara cracks and migrates or spreads into small powdery like substance on my lower lid. This powdery cracked mascara combines with my eyeliner that has migrated further out to the outer corners of my eyes, kinda giving me a miniature cleopatra look, it doesn't look smokey it only makes the make up look worn out or in need of a touch up.

I bought this for a summer outing event that had a water event. So swimming in the pool or taking a deep by the sea didn't not make my mascara run. It stayed put, so the waterproof part of the product did prove true.

It's not expensive and the tube is thin enough to fit in my bag organizer. The applicator is not curved so it's easy for me to apply the product at either corner of my eyes with the tip of the applicator brush. Using the same applicator brush tip, it is easy to put on the product on my lower lid lashes, (because the brush isn't curved).

There's nothing I hate about it because it didn't make expect anything more than it simply claimed. I would buy this again for as an everyday day wear mascara, I just need to be careful about putting to much because it will crack and spread as a powder around my eyes.
It also makes good on its promise of getting washed off with soap and water, so a regular cream or foamy cleaser gets it off quickly and doesn't require me to do it over which I do for some eyeliners that stay behind especially at the outer corners of my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Jellybean64

I really like this product. It's makes my eyelashes black, black, black, goes on smooth and doesn't flake or clump and makes my eyelashes super long. The exact things I look for in mascara.

I bought a trial sized product, but I think the full-sized product is a bit expensive for Avon at $6 or $7, but still cheaper than most mass brands.

The packaging, at least the trial sized, needs improvement. Mascara clumped around the outer edges of the tube, so I always get mascara on my hands when I open it and it rubs off on all the other products in my make-up bag.

All in all, would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by 1makeupaddict

my sister gave this to me and told me it was great mascara...she was right!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by claudia_sung

I LOVE this mascara.It makes my lashes very long and so defined however,it does not build up much volume.It does not smudge which is the most important thing for a mascara.Who wants to look like a panda?If you are looking for a natural looking mascara,this is the one.!!I bought it for 6.99 for 2.I have finally found my mascara.I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 10:02:00 AM More reviews by aspenbooboo41

This is my new HG mascara! As others state, no clumping, flaking, or smudging! Adds definition and moderate lengthening. Perfect for everyday wear. I don't use eye makeup remover (too oily), so I find that this mascara leaves little black flecks around my eyes after I wash it off. However, that stuff comes right off when you wipe it away with a tissue or Qtip (using a little moisturizer helps).
Comparing the Avon Wash Off Waterproof with my previous mascara, Lancome Definicils Waterproof, I have to go with Avon by a mile! It works just as well for at least $15 less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara, it is my current favorite. I've been using it for about 4 months and am on my second tube. I use Black and have very fair skin and hazel eyes. It's a rich, deep black and I love it because I can swipe on one coat and it defines, separates and lengthens perfectly. Absolutely no flaking or smudging. It's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Sumerdai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my HG mascara for everyday wear, in Black/Brown, it really stayed on well, accentuated my lashes without looking "made-up" and washed off without pulling out lashes. But Avon tells me that they have discontinued all but Brown and Black. Black is too dark for my very fair complexion, and Brown is too light for my dark brown eyes. If this is a product that you use, you might want to let Avon know, because it looks like it's on the chopping block.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The reviews for this product are pretty accurate. It adds color and texture, but not too much. I use this in the brown color. Occasionally Avon has a sale and you can get this for really cheap, which is why I bought it. I think for what you pay, it's a good mascara, but nothing phenomenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by avar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend gave this to me to try after she heard me complaining that I have yet to find a great mascara that does not flake, clump, or resist removal. This mascara is awesome. I have tried from top lines (Chanel, Lancome, etc...) on down, and had not found a mascara that would offer volume, length, and curl AND not flake off. This one does all of it. I think I have finally found my HG mascara!