July 29, 2014 | 1928 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2006 5:40:00 PM More reviews by heileres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh me, oh my -- this soap has been a saving grace for my sensitive skin, however the smell is just awful. It's a tough item to judge because after trying all kinds of face soap (drugstore and department store brands) I feel as if I have finally found the one item that does nothing but good things and I can actually see an improvement in my skin ... but again, the smell. I am trying really hard to get used to it, but it's taking time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

This is a pretty plain-looking bar of soap, with a not-great smell (very plain "soap" smell), and a dark green color. It's not something you would want to use as a guest soap for your bathroom, or what have you. There are no big impressive claims on the packaging, and a 4 oz bar only costs two bucks.

Why am I so hooked on it?

Since I have been using this on my face for the past two weeks, my skin has never looked better. Ever. I've had zero breakouts, and my usually-combo skin has a wonderful glow. I started using it on my back (as I sometimes get breakouts there during the summer heat), and damned if my back doesn't look great, too! My skin looks and feels really clean, and yet not overstripped of moisture. Even my pores look smaller, and I'm not having to use as much powder and makeup in the morning. I cannot get over how great this simple soap works on my skin.

So - two bucks, great skin. How cool is that? continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 11:19:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Product: Olive Oil soap, 4oz bar

Price: 2; $2.29/bar

Packaging: 3; It's minimal paper packaging which is nice for the environment, plus less work for me getting it OUT of the packaging

Overall: 5

Buy again: yes

I tried the Olive and Aloe bar soap by KMF 2 years ago, but it didn't work nearly as well as this one, for some odd reason. I had used the 8 oz (HUGE) bar, so it was very difficult to handle and no matter how I tried, I could never get the bar to lather. Worst of all, it made my skin super dried out.

So, obviously I had a little doubt with the Olive oil bar, but I was having a hard time with my skin lately, with it breaking out more than it usually does, so I figured I'd try my luck with this. I'm glad I did! First of all, the smell: I don't know about you guys, but I actually like the smell. When I had the Olive and Aloe bar, I was totally in love with it's earthy, buttery scent. The Olive oil bar is slightly different, but it smells very much the same. Once you get the bar wet, it starts to "melt" in you hand, so be careful about that; but it lathers very nicely! I used it all over; face and body, and even to shave with; it seems to do it all. It gave me a nice, close shave and my skin isn't left dry and parched like with shave creams.

My face seems to like this more than the olive + aloe soap; while my skin was a little tight when I towelled off, it wasn't such that it was peeling; it just had a "taut" feeling, but my skin was perfectly able to move without causing dry patches anywhere. My skin was left smooth and supple, and the scent is more refreshing to me than those overkill deodorant soaps. I'd definitely buy this again.

Edit June 30, 2007: I don't use this unless it's particularly humid/warm, because I found this to be drying my skin again... I only use it once in a while on my face, but it's great for washing hands! I'm a frequent hand washer, so my hands get dried out really quickly. This helps to prevent them from drying out as much. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by brieryrosie

I was shopping at my local Kroger store and saw this soap. I grabbed it and decided to give it a try. I could only find the larger size (8oz) but I would suggest you to buy the small one (4oz) if you could. The soap is ugly. I don't feel it convenient to use a soap (either for body or face) but I've kept using it. Why? It gives my face a radiant complexion, leaveing it squeaky clean without stripping the moisture. You may expect the soap to be very drying but this one is not! It has pure olive oil which heals and gives moisture to your skin. Now I also use it as a body cleanser and I don't feel the need to apply body lotion afterwards. This is a staple in my skincare regime!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by jupel76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading so many good reviews for this soap, I decided to try it out for myself. I got the 230g bar, which I've been using since November last year, and there's still about a 1/3 left. It's a bit drying on my skin (oily/combo) and doesn't really do much besides clean it. As it is a pure olive oil soap, it doesn't foam up as much as most other soaps. A nice basic soap for those who need something with as few ingredients as possible. I'm looking for something with a bit more pizzazz.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2006 3:14:00 AM More reviews by belladonna10

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Worked well and didn't dry my face like regular soap. Also, did not break me out.
Michelle

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by braveheartkim

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite all-natural soaps. I've turned so many of my friends onto this bar soap for so many skin conditions and problems. AWESOME soap and completely natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by rubie

I got this bar soap as a gift and this is the best soap I've ever used in my life! Until now I was faithfully using the Dove brand soap but now I'm converted. This soap forms so well, cleans wonderfully, yet hydrate your body just right--never leaves a feeling too creamy/heavy. And this product is really affordable. What can I ask more?!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 8:56:00 PM More reviews by trumpetgirl4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this soap for a week now, and am very happy with it! I have always suffered from acne, and this is the first time my skin has been this clear in YEARS. I mean, it is drying on my fairly sensitive/combination skin, but it has yet to have any negative affects. I give it an overall rating of five, because this is the best stuff I have used on my face (coming from someone who has used Murad, Pro Active, and countless other products, that is saying a lot). I give the price a four because it is pretty cheap, but I guess if you are use to buying Dove, $3 can seem steep for a bar of soap; honestly though, it is a huge bar of soap that I am assuming will last for quite some time. Finally, I gave the packaging quality a 3 because there isn't much to the packaging; not that that matters to me, but if you care about it being a bar of soap (you may have issues due to bacterial reasons which occur with any bar soap) it might be a problem. I wish they would make this soap in a pump; that would be great. Anyway, I really suggest this soap, which might become my HG soap after I use it for a few more weeks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a bar of this soap and I absolutely love it. It doesn't make my skin feel sticky and I love the scent. Plus it is super cheap!