October 25, 2014 | 830 users online

Deodorants - Dove - Ultimate Clear Cool Essentials Anti-perspirant Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I'VE TRIED AND HAVE BEEN USING "DR. MIST" NOW. IT IS THE BEST!!! I WOULDN'T EVEN BOTHER WITH DOVE OR ANYTHING ELSE. PLS SEE MY REVIEW.

Initially I tried Ultimate Clear in the Powder scent - it was horrible! The scent was great, the 'ultimate clear' was bollocks!
However, this summer I gave Cool Essentials a try, and IT WORKS! I don't need to apply a lot (1-6 swipes tops) and it does look clear and so far hasn't stained my clothing. This will continue to be my hot-weather deodorant, and in winter I go back to a natural deodorant - Jason's Lavender & Tea Tree Oil roll-on. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2007 8:39:00 AM More reviews by donnahc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would buy it for the smell only. I have to put it on after I have dressed or it will leave white stains on my shirts! The label stays clear and no staining but they lie. The smell is so good though that I overlook it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by bluesyme

It doesn't really go on "clear," that's total b.s., but it's moisturizing and smells goooood. It has a very fresh, pleasant scent, just like their cool cucumber body wash. I've used other anti-perspirants that lasted longer (this one doesn't last all day for me), but I prefer it over other brands anyway because it makes my skin soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the light cucumber scent of this deodorant. The fact that it doesn't give me a fragrance-induced headache (like baby powder and perfume scented deodorants do) earns it 5 lippies right away. Of course, it helps that it also keeps me dry and smelling fresh. Bravo, Dove!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by tropicaldreamx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this deodorant every day! I love the smell of it. It smells so good. I use to wear secret then I saw dove's deodorant and decided to try. I'm glad I made the switch! It does stay on the WHOLE day. My friends and I were talking about lasting power of deodorant and they were both shocked to hear that I didn't re-apply during the day. My deodorant lasts that long. Even threw sweating at work and going for the whole day. I'm probably never going to buy another deodorant again. I'm so happy with this stuff! I just wish that it wouldn't crumble when I put it in my purse :( I bought a three pack at costco and it had a mini one that I put into my purse- it was perfect! Until one time I went to open it and it crumbled all over my hands. Other then that I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This deodorant/antiperspirant has a fresh, clean smell that I love. It's great at wetness protection--I'm completely dry when I get back from the gym! It's also clearer than most other antiperspirants. It doesn't leave those gross white marks. If I'm wearing a tight-fitting shirt a little will get on it, but nothing a little washing can't fix. The reason I gave it a 4 is because it, like most antiperspirants, contains aluminum, which supposedly can be detrimental to one's health. I usually use Tom's of Maine (which is not an antiperspirant) but if I use it too many days in a row it makes my armpits peel and feel itchy. I know, gross. So I switched to this because I like Dove products, but I think I'm going to have to find another type of natural deodorant because I don't feel comfortable putting aluminum under my arms every day. I also don't sweat very much, so I don't need antiperspirant on a daily basis. I will keep this around to use when I want extra protection and will probably repurchase, but this definitely isn't a product I will use every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I switched over from Secret to Dove, because of the moisturizing qualities of their products. This is deodorant that I'm pretty happy with. I love the scent, and the texture. I don't really switch around with deodorant a lot, so I don't have very many others to compare this to! This is a little bit more expensive than their regular varieties. Sometimes I buy this and sometimes I'll just get the regular.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by la_dee_da

This product has a fantastic smell that lasts all day. I haven't noticed any deoderant spots on my clothing and will definitely purchase this one again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by lb07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It smells nice but i prefer something that would last longer. It also gets all over my clothes so its not "clear" as the brand claims.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I snagged a large trial size of this at my local Dollarama for a buck. I find Dove products to be very high quality as a rule, so I thought I'd give it a try. The scent is fantastic, the product goes on smoothly, however I prefer a bit more odour protection. If they improved that part, I'd definitely re-purchase.